[theory] - jaw isn't law, thick neck can compensate for narrow intergonial

D

Deleted member 30643

Iron
Ideally I'd have specific pics to back this up but for now I'm gonna have to pull a "just trust me bro"... well, orb might be an example of this.

Theory is: if lean, thick neck (i.e., as wide as the person's hypothetical IDEAL jaw, not ACTUAL jaw) can compensate for narrow jaw. Especially if the person has a wide chin as well.

So, the claim is that the intergonial distance specifically is an overrated feature.

Theory is true or false?

• +1
Reactions: YoYqkim and Deleted member 21403

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zyMOGenic, Artemis, Deleted member 29155 and 10 others
I agree with the impulse of the claim. Intergonial distance in itself is probably only lightly correlated with a good jaw.

Generally though, the neck should not be wider than the intergonial distance.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30643 and Deleted member 21863
jfl I see your point, but:

a) that neck is WAY wider than his *ideal* jaw (read what I actually wrote bruv!!)
b) the rest of his face is fcked. I said thick neck can compensate for narrow intergonial... not for your entire face.

• +1
Reactions: twilight
I agree with the impulse of the claim. Intergonial distance in itself is probably only lightly correlated with a good jaw.

Generally though, the neck should not be wider than the intergonial distance.
So, your second sentence here is what matters a lot to me. Is that true EVEN IF your intergonial distance is particularly small relative to your cheekbones?

I'm "hypothesizing" that your bolded sentence is true only if the person already has good intergonial distance (eg 88%-90% of bizygo measurement). This also makes sense because a lot of the morphs used for demonstrating the neckpill have a good jaw, so if the neck becomes wider than jaw in THOSE cases it'll look bad. But take me for example, a jawcel with probably like 82-84%. I think for me, a neck that is 90% of my bizygo (which would be slightly wider than my jaw) would look better.

I might need to go look at orb again, but I think his neck is also slightly wider than jaw?

But yeah, this is an interesting discussion, and kinda cuts to the heart of this entire thread: if you have a narrow jaw (me jfl rip), can a thick neck FULLY compensate for it? I like to think yes, but might be cope.

Last edited:
Are we supposed to include soft tissue in these ratios or bones only? The masseters add a lot.