Therapy can destroy your mental health

AlexAP

AlexAP

Kraken
Even though I went to therapy recently (didn't help), that isn't the major problem I have with therapy. The problem is that I was infected with all the therapyspeak as a child, because my mother forced me to go to therapy as a child and as a teen (against my will). This has, looking back, made me feel horrible, all this "you have mental health issues, it's nothing to be ashamed of, your brain just doesn't work, you just need therapy", etc. is not what a young man needs to hear. I didn't become more confident, more outgoing, more assertive, more successful - in fact after a "diagnosis" I became a social hermit for years.

I'm pretty sure if I got the message "You are strong, I believe in you, you can talk with me about everything, I'll support you in every way I can, you can't disappoint me" from my parents instead, I would have become all the things I needed to become. But all the victimhood language from therapy about how my brain is broken ruined it.

I really think all men (and humans in general) need as adolescents are words of encouragement and empowerment. Being told that your brain is rotten, you need to be cured, you will never succeed without therapy is very, very bad. Never infect your kids with therapyspeak! Try to make them feel strong instead, so that they have a higher chance of becoming confident.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, bndar.337, scrunchables and 15 others
Even though I went to therapy recently (didn't help), that isn't the major problem I have with therapy. The problem is that I was infected with all the therapyspeak as a child, because my mother forced me to go to therapy as a child and as a teen (against my will). This has, looking back, made me feel horrible, all this "you have mental health issues, it's nothing to be ashamed of, your brain just doesn't work, you just need therapy", etc. is not what a young man needs to hear. I didn't become more confident, more outgoing, more assertive, more successful - in fact after a "diagnosis" I became a social hermit for years.

I'm pretty sure if I got the message "You are strong, I believe in you, you can talk with me about everything, I'll support you in every way I can, you can't disappoint me" from my parents instead, I would have become all the things I needed to become. But all the victimhood language from therapy about how my brain is broken ruined it.

I really think all men (and humans in general) need as adolescents are words of encouragement and empowerment. Being told that your brain is rotten, you need to be cured, you will never succeed without therapy is very, very bad. Never infect your kids with therapyspeak! Try to make them feel strong instead, so that they have a higher chance of becoming confident.
Total normie death

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables, try2beme, deadmanwalking and 1 other person
life is so absurd

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables, try2beme and MoggerGaston
only do therapy to get redirected to psychiatrist

only drugs help

you can’t get therapy for people not accepting you or respecting you after seeing your face for milliseconds. That doesn’t go away with therapy.

• +1
Reactions: try2beme, MoggerGaston, the next o'pry and 3 others
you can’t get therapy for people not accepting you or respecting you after seeing your face for milliseconds. That doesn’t go away with therapy.
Had nothing to do with my looks, it was all about because I was shy as a kid.

Had nothing to do with my looks, it was all about because I was shy as a kid.
What made you shy you must of had a bad experience

Jova for therapycels

no therapy for your face

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit
maxresdefault.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: tallnegga
No child with a good diet needs any mental help what so ever. Your brain is directly linked to your motherfucking gut.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Primalsplit, Deleted member 14693 and AlexAP
I don't believe in therapy, I believe in phenotypes

I have a similar take tbh.

Therapy is all about understanding what it is that is making you act a certain way. The context that surrounds your choices/emotions. But in my experience at least, having this information didn't help me at all. I don't know, maybe for some people, knowing what 'causes' them to act a certain way helps them to try to change, but for me it does nothing.

I think in order for someone to truly change their behavior in a significant and impactful way, they need to encounter a harsh reality that slaps them in the face, or at least see that in someone else and get so scared that they swear to themselves never to become like that person.

But for men, specifically, I think the key is to become someone you can be proud of.
I feel like most men's depression comes from a lack of purpose and feelings of uselessness, rather than a lack of love and empathy. Ofc it depends on the case and the upbringing, as a man can definitely feel empty and unloved. But generally, I think a man's foremost desire is to find his place in the world and be respected, not necessarily loved in the same way that women and children often are.

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro and SeriousAscension
I really think all men (and humans in general) need as adolescents are words of encouragement and empowerment.
Lol
I needed so little but I got none

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables, MoggerGaston and AlexAP
Therapy is for losers. "Ohhh muh anxiety, muh depression, muh self-esteem."

Has it ever occured to people that they feel bad because they fucking SUCK at life?

Imagine eating healthy, getting good regular exercise outside, feeling loved in relationships, being respected, making good money, mogging other retards on the street and going balls deep on some girl regularly. Would you feel bad at all? It is and has always been a skill/genetics issue.

• +1
Reactions: bndar.337, scrunchables and Pikabro

Has it ever occured to people that they feel bad because they fucking SUCK at life?

Imagine eating healthy, getting good regular exercise outside, feeling loved in relationships, being respected, making good money, mogging other retards on the street and going balls deep on some girl regularly. Would you feel bad at all? It is and has always been a skill/genetics issue.
I dont rlly get your point, being a faggot wont solve anything, even if ur life sucks u have to live with it, stfu or give actual advice, yapping all that useless shit wont help at all, "muh, my genetics are trash, life is so unfair", yeah, so?, its not like killing urself will make anything either.

Youre missing environment.

JFL at growing up in a failed family with daily fights, emotional blackmail, being blamed by your parents for their own failures. Them being super controlling, etc.

Destroyed me, despite having good genes and being outgoing. I got mentally destroyed by my parents retardation and I know it for sure.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Primalsplit and latincell95
yea man, therapy = major scam. Only true goyims go to therapy. True slayers just ruggedly go through life like rugby players.

The problem is therapy is dehumanising because you're sitting in a room being criticised and put down when you need to feel human emotions like fear, happiness etc and bring yourself up by improving as a person.

The problem is therapy is dehumanising because you're sitting in a room being criticised and put down when you need to feel human emotions like fear, happiness etc and bring yourself up by improving as a person.
cant really relate honestly.

most of the therapy I've had was just me talking about my struggles and the therapist being like:

'oh damn, yeah that's really bad.'
'how did that make you feel.'
'maybe you should try something else.'

ive never had a therapist confront me or talk down on me.

but they all just seemed incapable of giving me any sort of helpful advice or guidance on how to fix any of the issues I am facing.

I would go home after my weekly 45min talking session and be like: 'yeah and now what. I got nothing out of this.'
go back to rotting, rinse and repeat

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit
Youre missing environment.

JFL at growing up in a failed family with daily fights, emotional blackmail, being blamed by your parents for their own failures. Them being super controlling, etc.

Destroyed me, despite having good genes and being outgoing. I got mentally destroyed by my parents retardation and I know it for sure.
Your parents destroyed your skills.

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
cant really relate honestly.

most of the therapy I've had was just me talking about my struggles and the therapist being like:

'oh damn, yeah that's really bad.'
'how did that make you feel.'
'maybe you should try something else.'

ive never had a therapist confront me or talk down on me.

but they all just seemed incapable of giving me any sort of helpful advice or guidance on how to fix any of the issues I am facing.

I would go home after my weekly 45min talking session and be like: 'yeah and now what. I got nothing out of this.'
go back to rotting, rinse and repeat
Damn, you got more therapy than me, at least after you were 18 (I was forced as a kid, hated it).
I tried a few as an adult but only 2 more than once, and both not for a long time. I concluded it won't help me.

• +1
Damn, you got more therapy than me, at least after you were 18 (I was forced as a kid, hated it).
I tried a few as an adult but only 2 more than once, and both not for a long time. I concluded it won't help me.
i havent been to therapy for like 4 years now, but I am seeing a new mental-healthcare provider on monday.

had like 7 diff therapists in the past but nothing helped

i may try anti depressants again ngl

i havent been to therapy for like 4 years now, but I am seeing a new mental-healthcare provider on monday.

had like 7 diff therapists in the past but nothing helped

i may try anti depressants again ngl
I will go to a psychiatric center on Monday, but not for therapy, just to meet and talk with people who are there, it's free in Germany lol.

• +1
I will go to a psychiatric center on Monday, but not for therapy, just to meet and talk with people who are there, it's free in Germany lol.
mirin'

i am trying to be more open to new ideas again. blackpill isnt the truth because it isnt nuanced