Thoughts on New Custom Cheekbone & Mandible Implants

Yea, most of the negative comments are regarding that right jaw angle.

Also, for reference Eppley ballparked a revision at $50k
Sorry, I meant the left jaw. The right jaw is clearly too wide. But do people also comment on the left jaw?

@chemosh @Wallenberg @zeek Heres a pic with upper third visible
Neckmax my bro, it will take away the uncaniness. You can lose fat later

• +1
Reactions: OnlyWs
I think you should first get on the weight/ leaness of the guys you are after and then only after that chance your face to fit it
@chemosh Heres the thing - I'm below 7% bodyfat. I weigh over 180. I'm far from overweight and am very lean already

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
@Wallenberg @chip saw Dr. Y and he offered to resolve the side with too high & wide gonian, as well as trim down both jaw sides to reduce width and trim malars. Scheduled the op for in next couple weeks.

However, given the rate at which I am seeing swelling reduce (even within last 1.5 weeks major difference) I think it would be best to only have him fix the problematic jaw side for now and then wait for all swelling to subside so that I have a complete picture and needed information. Then if things need to be trimmed in 5-7 months, he can more effectively do it. There's no way to tell how swelling is effecting jaw width & cheekbone size. I also have thick skin, so I can't go off of the standard timetable people speak of. I don't want to be premature and remove something I later want when swelling resolves.

So yea, think best thing is for him to fix the shifted and excessively too wide gonian/jaw side. Think it's bad to change too many variables so soon before swelling resolves. When the Malar definition comes in, the jaw shouldn't look as big either. Waiting ensures that the end results are gonna be within range of the ideal, just have to wait a bit longer so whole pictures there. Thoughts?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, chip and Wallenberg
@Wallenberg @chip saw Dr. Y and he offered to resolve the side with too high & wide gonian, as well as trim down both jaw sides to reduce width and trim malars. Scheduled the op for in next couple weeks.

However, given the rate at which I am seeing swelling reduce (even within last 1.5 weeks major difference) I think it would be best to only have him fix the problematic jaw side for now and then wait for all swelling to subside so that I have a complete picture and needed information. Then if things need to be trimmed in 5-7 months, he can more effectively do it. There's no way to tell how swelling is effecting jaw width & cheekbone size. I also have thick skin, so I can't go off of the standard timetable people speak of. I don't want to be premature and remove something I later want when swelling resolves.

So yea, think best thing is for him to fix the shifted and excessively too wide gonian/jaw side. Think it's bad to change too many variables so soon before swelling resolves. When the Malar definition comes in, the jaw shouldn't look as big either. Thoughts?
I agree. How much do you have to pay for the reoperation?

I agree. How much do you have to pay for the reoperation?
Only facility fees. But I assume that increases based on how much total surgery time it takes. I don't think the fees were that big tbh first time around. They tell me after the operation, so it obviously isn't that much. So $ wise it would make little difference splitting it up into 2 surgeries.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Wallenberg
Only facility fees. But I assume that increases based on how much total surgery time it takes. I don't think the fees were that big tbh first time around. They tell me after the operation, so it obviously isn't that much. So $ wise it would make little difference splitting it up into 2 surgeries.
How much are facility fees?

How much are facility fees?
Not sure. I'm calling Monday to segment into 2 surgeries, and get ballpark costs. Don't believe it's a lot tbh

I think all of this is case-by-case basis. Varies per patients situation, what's required to resolve

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Wallenberg

So yea, think best thing is for him to fix the shifted and excessively too wide gonian/jaw side. Think it's bad to change too many variables so soon before swelling resolves. When the Malar definition comes in, the jaw shouldn't look as big either. Waiting ensures that the end results are gonna be within range of the ideal, just have to wait a bit longer so whole pictures there. Thoughts?
Smart and I think you will end up very satisfied. Are you happy with the decision to use medpor?

• +1
Smart and I think you will end up very satisfied. Are you happy with the decision to use medpor?
@chip Absolutely. I love being able to have Dr. Y just go in and trim as needed until it's ideal. I don't think that's the case with silicone or PEEK. Bypasses the issues that come along with an unideal design at first-go.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and chip
@chip Absolutely. I love being able to have Dr. Y just go in and trim as needed until it's ideal. I don't think that's the case with silicone or PEEK. Bypasses the issues that come along with an unideal design at first-go.
Glad things are looking up. Please keep us updated with some progress pics! You are helping so many people.

Glad things are looking up. Please keep us updated with some progress pics! You are helping so many people.
@chip @Wallenberg @chemosh @zeek

Deswelling on everything has accelerated - starting to stabilize now. Every few days it goes down a lot.

Also, the problematic too wide side is coming in and that too-high gonian actually is shifting down too. I am wondering if the masseter muscle on that side had more trauma and that is what's causing that side to be wider and high up. My guess is that it will resolve on its own.

Given this, I postponed my implant trimming procedure. Will get it shortly after New Years. I think it may infact all be effects of swelling/masseter trauma & healing. By then I may not even need a trimming at all. Let's see.

• +1
Reactions: Silver, chip, ChristianChad and 2 others
@chip @Wallenberg @chemosh @zeek

Deswelling on everything has accelerated - starting to stabilize now. Every few days it goes down a lot.

Also, the problematic too wide side is coming in and that too-high gonian actually is shifting down too. I am wondering if the masseter muscle on that side had more trauma and that is what's causing that side to be wider and high up. My guess is that it will resolve on its own.

Given this, I postponed my implant trimming procedure. Will get it shortly after New Years. I think it may infact all be effects of swelling/masseter trauma & healing. By then I may not even need a trimming at all. Let's see.
Worth waiting until you are sure definitely.

How are zygos looking?

• +1
Worth waiting until you are sure definitely.

How are zygos looking?
Pretty good! But still seems to be some swelling up around corner eye, etc.

Honestly, I'm thinking they will indeed be at just the right degree of Toni Mahfud/Mario Rodriguez-level malars for my face. Both those guys have above average/just before passing over into 'operated on' level cheekbones. That's what I want because honestly that's what looks more aesthetic. Too big, not thinking so. Also, the malars were designed to match the jaw, which seems might have actually been just right.

If I had to estimate - they've gone down over 25% in last 2 weeks. So obviously coming down much more from here on out. No issue going out in public and already seeing looks. Could only get better from here. It's literally like right before I got them trimmed my face is like 'Wait. That might be a dumb idea.'

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: chip and ChristianChad
Pretty good! But still seems to be some swelling up around corner eye, etc.

Honestly, I'm thinking they will indeed be at just the right degree of Toni Mahfud/Mario Rodriguez-level malars for my face. Both those guys have above average/just before passing over into 'operated on' level cheekbones. That's what I want because honestly that's what looks more aesthetic. Too big, not thinking so. Also, the malars were designed to match the jaw, which seems might have actually been just right.

If I had to estimate - they've gone down over 25% in last 2 weeks. So obviously coming down much more from here on out. No issue going out in public and already seeing looks. Could only get better from here. It's literally like right before I got them trimmed my face is like 'Wait. That might be a dumb idea.'
Yeah I think your results will be fine there. And that’s not an ideal area to revise either. The design looked good for what you wanted to accomplish so if you’re close enough take the win and move on.

Jaw is a little more complicated but wait to revise when you’re absolutely certain you want/need it.

If you can share a zygo update at some point would appreciate I’m looking to get the same thing from Dr Y.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper and ChristianChad
Yeah I think your results will be fine there. And that’s not an ideal area to revise either. The design looked good for what you wanted to accomplish so if you’re close enough take the win and move on.

Jaw is a little more complicated but wait to revise when you’re absolutely certain you want/need it.

If you can share a zygo update at some point would appreciate I’m looking to get the same thing from Dr Y.
Yea I'll share some pics in a couple more weeks. The other side is already perfect on the jaw. Seems problematic side is just coming down slower - again think that masseter just had more trauma.

I would opt for Medpor. If it's not ideal first-try you can have them trimmed. Be very specific and detailed with Dr. Y regardless of how he acts, trust me.

Only thing I wish atm is that Dr. y would have refused to trim until after 6 months. That could have been a mistake

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and zeek
I would opt for Medpor. If it's not ideal first-try you can have them trimmed. Be very specific and detailed with Dr. Y regardless of how he acts, trust me.
Info about this?

• +1
Info about this?
In my case when I was thinking the implants were too large and I met with Dr. Y he offered to trim them down as needed. From what I am aware, Medpor is more able to be refined and fine-tuned later on without requiring removal. This results in a SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper revision, more control over your results, and reduced recovery second time around.

Silicon can be recontoured as well, but I believe Medpor is slightly better for it, plus you got that tissue fixation for locked-in fit and no bone erosion like silicon.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: zeek and Wallenberg
Give us the pictures my brother we can’t eval otherwise

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper
Mind posting updated pictures (of malar implants especially)? Hope everything is going well with your recovery.

• +1
Reactions: zeek
Mind posting updated pictures (of malar implants especially)? Hope everything is going well with your recovery.
Going well - but will wait for posting pics. Atm the malar implants seem asymmetric - one sides higher and more laterally projected. Potentially due to swelling, will post when clear.

To others its not perceivable unless their right up on me.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
@madcap88 still can recommend Dr. Y? I'm interested in a jaw implant.

@madcap88 still can recommend Dr. Y? I'm interested in a jaw implant.
Its hard to say tbh. I'm kinda dissapointed by the fact that atm both the jaw and malar implants seem to have 1) assymetries or be 2) not entirely placed correctly. Both of those things seem to be the basics and easy things to not go wrong. I think you pay a premium for him and my experience says that it is not justified. Could more optimal results be achieved by a less famous surgeon - yea probably

He can resolve it with trimming/revision, but it still affects a good amount of time/my life.

• +1
Its hard to say tbh. I'm kinda dissapointed by the fact that atm both the jaw and malar implants seem to have 1) assymetries or be 2) not entirely placed correctly. Both of those things seem to be the basics and easy things to not go wrong. I think you pay a premium for him and my experience says that it is not justified. Could more optimal results be achieved by a less famous surgeon - yea probably

He can resolve it with trimming/revision, but it still affects a good amount of time/my life.
Did you consider other surgeons? If you did, who?

Any noticeable decrease in swelling?

Any noticeable decrease in swelling?
Definitely. Don't think the malars are too big. Asymmetries between both sides are resolving a bit every day.

The excessive jaw implant side also seems to be resolving itself a little every day. At this rate, do think there's a chance everything may turn out perfect by January.

If the asymmetries are fully resolved I'd say results are perfect. Too early to fully call, but very optimistic giving how things have been changing.

• +1
Reactions: zeek, Wallenberg and chip
Definitely. Don't think the malars are too big. Asymmetries between both sides are resolving a bit every day.

The excessive jaw implant side also seems to be resolving itself a little every day. At this rate, do think there's a chance everything may turn out perfect by January.

If the asymmetries are fully resolved I'd say results are perfect. Too early to fully call, but very optimistic giving how things have been changing.
So you're thinking the implants were placed correctly by Yaremchuk and just the swelling was causing issues?
If so, that is great to hear. Were your cheekbones recessed before surgery? Difficult to gauge if 5.5mm is a lot, a little, or moderate.

• +1
So you're thinking the implants were placed correctly by Yaremchuk and just the swelling was causing issues?
If so, that is great to hear. Were your cheekbones recessed before surgery? Difficult to gauge if 5.5mm is a lot, a little, or moderate.
Yea, I'm thinking they have been placed correctly and everything is swelling. I can see definition coming in and the lines seem to match up right with the design. So I'm assuming the rest of the designs definition will fall into place, if so it's basically perfect.

My cheekbones weren't recessed and I'd say they were above average. But for my particular face, I'd say 5.5 got me right at the model-level without going overboard and looking uncanny. It's very natural looking already, just 'better' than natural if you know what I mean. To those who say surgeries can't push you to that level of aesthetics, they have no clue. If your a HTN or Chadlite they absolutely can.

When / if the excessive jaw side comes down to match the good side the jaw is basically perfect too. The good side is already perfect - amazing how much better it makes you look.

If everything turns out symmetric, I'd say Dr. Y is freaking great

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: chip and Wallenberg
Yea, I'm thinking they have been placed correctly and everything is swelling. I can see definition coming in and the lines seem to match up right with the design. So I'm assuming the rest of the designs definition will fall into place, if so it's basically perfect.

My cheekbones weren't recessed and I'd say they were above average. But for my particular face, I'd say 5.5 got me right at the model-level without going overboard and looking uncanny. It's very natural looking already, just 'better' than natural if you know what I mean. To those who say surgeries can't push you to that level of aesthetics, they have no clue. If your a HTN or Chadlite they absolutely can.

When / if the excessive jaw side comes down to match the good side the jaw is basically perfect too. If this happens I'd say Dr. Y is freaking great
Awesome dude. Happy for you.
Bottom lines at this point: would you recommend this procedure? Is 5.5mm a lot of augmentation? Do the implants affect facial animation i.e. look weird when smiling or off at all?

Awesome dude. Happy for you.
Bottom lines at this point: would you recommend this procedure? Is 5.5mm a lot of augmentation? Do the implants affect facial animation i.e. look weird when smiling or off at all?
I see absolutely zero adverse effects on my facial animation/expressions.

Is 5.5mm a lot? It depends on the face, but I'd say I absolutely would not go larger for my case. If you look at the earlier pics of Toni from the 45 degree view I shared that's basically how far out they go. Just right atm.

Would I recommend? At the moment I'd say yes. Just stress to Dr. Y when you review the design everything needs to be symmetric. Look for issues in the design that may make that not the case. Really analyze the design and don't just go with it. If you do that I don't see how you can go wrong. Still don't see anyone but Eppley coming close

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: chip
I see absolutely zero adverse effects on my facial animation/expressions.

Is 5.5mm a lot? It depends on the face, but I'd say I absolutely would not go larger for my case. If you look at the earlier pics of Toni from the 45 degree view I shared that's basically how far out they go. Just right atm.

Would I recommend? At the moment I'd say yes. Just stress to Dr. Y when you review the design everything needs to be symmetric. Look for issues in the design that may make that not the case. Really analyze the design and don't just go with it. If you do that I don't see how you can go wrong. Still don't see anyone but Eppley coming close
Dr Y. tends to design asymmetrically, i.e. 5mm on one side and 4mm on the other to “balance” the natural bone asymmetry. You’re saying to argue this? I’m also a bit skeptical myself.

Oh I didn't know that he designs like that. Does that mean they won't look symmetric, not exactly sure what you mean.

Question him about it and don't just go with it. Look at my original design post, you will probably be able to see the asymmetries I'm talking about

Oh I didn't know that he designs like that. Does that mean they won't look symmetric, not exactly sure what you mean.

Question him about it and don't just go with it. Look at my original design post, you will probably be able to see the asymmetries I'm talking about
In my experience and on other designs I’ve seen by him (like @SurgerySoon ) there are intentional asymmetric projections between the sides. I guess its to create symmetry but it seems a little weird.

In my experience and on other designs I’ve seen by him (like @SurgerySoon ) there are intentional asymmetric projections between the sides. I guess its to create symmetry but it seems a little weird.
I don't understand that. Wouldn't that make it look off?

I looked at his results. Mine are definitely larger than that - I think I started with quite a better base than him. For my face anymore anterior or lateral projection would look weird/uncanny

• +1
Reactions: chip
I looked at his results. Mine are definitely larger than that - I think I started with quite a better base than him. For my face anymore anterior or lateral projection would look weird/uncanny
Even in the design, the ogee curve borders on uncanny. It seems like it will come out perfect though in terms of maximum viable projection, which gives a good idea of the upper limit. Post some pics when you feel comfortable!

Even in the design, the ogee curve borders on uncanny. It seems like it will come out perfect though in terms of maximum viable projection, which gives a good idea of the upper limit. Post some pics when you feel comfortable!
So you mean based on my design it indeed looks like its right on the border before its too much?

So you mean based on my design it indeed looks like its right on the border before its too much?
Just from looking at the ogee curve of the skull w/ implants, the way I’m picturing that in an actual face doesn’t seem uncanny but definitely very prominent, even striking.

will you post pictures since its getting better?

• +1
Reactions: Truemaxxer and Wallenberg
Also, the infraorbital portion of the malar implants DEFINITELY do raise the lower lid. For my case, I prefer that.

• +1
Reactions: zeek
How is everything doing so far?

• +1
Reactions: OnlyWs, Wallenberg and zeek
@madcap88 hey brother how are things now? Can we get an update on progress?

• +1
@madcap88 hey brother how are things now? Can we get an update on progress?
MALARS: My right side malars implant is a bit too high and close to eye. Still has somewhat of the 'punched in face' look. This implant also doesn't project as much anteriorally or laterally as my left side implant.

Left side implant looks good, but has less under-eye support than the right side on the infraorbital rim portion. Bottom line they don't seem to be symmetric enough.

There is persistent swelling in the submalar region (right below the implant) which is still giving that area more of a 'fat' look and hiding definition for the implant. Will ask Dr. Y if steroid shots are an option to reduce swelling. Hopefully the implants themselves don't create this elevation around the lower cheeks.

Ultimately, I may need a redesign and have the current ones removed and replaced because they essentially are asymmetric and the one good side doesn't have enough infraorbital support. Not sure why they are even like this.

JAW: My right side is perfect.

The left side is too wide and the gonian is higher than good side, this ramus is shorter.

Again, they are asymmetric. Looks like that portion of the implant got shifted and twisted upwards out of position.

Considering if the chin should be wider to create more harmony. Thinking I might not have gone wide enough on chin.

I assume Dr. Y will need to either reposition the bad side or redesign it all, remove and replace that part so it's correct and matches what I say & agreed to in the design.

PARANASAL: Getting them removed. I think they are contributing to the submalar fatness which is a negative. They also upturn my nose a bit too much.

All in all, I am somewhat surprised 1) the malar design seems to have so much asymmetry between the sides and 2) that the jaw implant has a side that was either malpositioned, designed incorrectly, or modified during surgery without telling me.

Mixed feelings. If swelling resolves and Dr. Y can fix the asymmetries without removing what's already good about the implants the end-result would be perfect. Definitely not too big, they do look natural but 'better than natural' - wish they were symmetric! No one can tell I had surgery, they assume my bone structure is just that high tier. It's like having the model look but it's not symmetric. Very frustrating being so close but not there cause the symmetry issue.

In terms of experience, this has obviously been a pain and would have expected better given the popularity of this surgeon. Need all this resolved and healed so I can move on with my other surgeries and be done with this hardmaxxing road soon. These implants (malar & jaw) are ABSOLUTELY a good move and raise my look all in all.. just need the asymmetries resolved!

Now, I'm still wondering if the chin needs to be widened.

Meeting with Eppley in-person soon to get another round of feedback and see if I can get proof anything is malpositioned or not. Then following up with Dr. Y a few days after that in-person.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, Prince88, Kroker and 1 other person
MALARS: My right side malars implant is a bit too high and close to eye. Still has somewhat of the 'punched in face' look. This implant also doesn't project as much anteriorally or laterally as my left side implant.

Left side implant looks good, but has less under-eye support than the right side on the infraorbital rim portion. Bottom line they don't seem to be symmetric enough.

There is persistent swelling in the submalar region (right below the implant) which is still giving that area more of a 'fat' look and hiding definition for the implant. Will ask Dr. Y if steroid shots are an option to reduce swelling. Hopefully the implants themselves don't create this elevation around the lower cheeks.

Ultimately, I may need a redesign and have the current ones removed and replaced because they essentially are asymmetric and the one good side doesn't have enough infraorbital support. Not sure why they are even like this.

The left side is too wide and the gonian is higher than good side, this ramus is shorter.

Again, they are asymmetric. Looks like that portion of the implant got shifted and twisted upwards out of position.

Considering if the chin should be wider to create more harmony. Thinking I might not have gone wide enough on chin.

I assume Dr. Y will need to either reposition the bad side or redesign it all, remove and replace that part so it's correct and matches what I say & agreed to in the design.

PARANASAL: Getting them removed. I think they are contributing to the submalar fatness which is a negative. They also upturn my nose a bit too much.

All in all, I am somewhat surprised 1) the malar design seems to have so much asymmetry between the sides and 2) that the jaw implant has a side that was either malpositioned, designed incorrectly, or modified during surgery without telling me.

Mixed feelings. If swelling resolves and Dr. Y can fix the asymmetries without removing what's already good about the implants the end-result would be perfect. Definitely not too big, they do look natural but 'better than natural' - wish they were symmetric! No one can tell I had surgery, they assume my bone structure is just that high tier. It's like having the model look but it's not symmetric. Very frustrating being so close but not there cause the symmetry issue.

In terms of experience, this has obviously been a pain and would have expected better given the popularity of this surgeon. Need all this resolved and healed so I can move on with my other surgeries and be done with this hardmaxxing road soon. These implants (malar & jaw) are ABSOLUTELY a good move and raise my look all in all.. just need the asymmetries resolved!

Meeting with Eppley in-person soon to get another round of feedback and see if I can get proof anything is malpositioned or not. Then following up with Dr. Y a few days after that in-person.
Thanks for the update. good luck! Hopefully it's just a reposition for the jaw. Let us know what eppley says and dr y at follow up.

Are you able to get a scan to confirm the position of the implants? I've seen some of eppley's patients get them after ot confirm position, including that recent eppley patient posted on here whose jaw implant had to be repositioned. Attached his scan below. That would be good to have for both your cheeks and jaw rather than trying to guess.

Please share a progress pic if you can!

Attachments

• eppleyfuckup.jpg
    eppleyfuckup.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 0

Tbh I feel bad for you... You've spent so much money and time yet still unable to get the desired results...

If someone who isn't financially leveraged like you, could've roped as for now...

You had knowledge, opinions and desired goal! + Getting the surgery done by top tier Dr yet things went bad?! HOW?

Tbh I feel bad for you... You've spent so much money and time yet still unable to get the desired results...

If someone who isn't financially leveraged like you, could've roped as for now...

You had knowledge, opinions and desired goal! + Getting the surgery done by top tier Dr yet things went bad?! HOW?
Yeah, it boils down to Dr. Y. Design-wise for malars it's basically there, I just don't understand why they aren't symmetric.

Jaw-wise, it seems design was perfect. Surgically seems something got messed up.

Paranasal implants, they didn't tell me these literally elevate the base of the nose and upturn the tip. Essentially gives your nosetip a 'bulb' (in my case).. why would I want that?? I DID NOT want that.

I do think its bad that since these things happen, basically most people cant successfully go through the ringer here due to $.

Regardless, such a pain the butt but the good news is within the span of the next year I will finally be done my hardmaxxing journey.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Prince88 and Kroker
Thanks for the update. good luck! Hopefully it's just a reposition for the jaw. Let us know what eppley says and dr y at follow up.

Are you able to get a scan to confirm the position of the implants? I've seen some of eppley's patients get them after ot confirm position, including that recent eppley patient posted on here whose jaw implant had to be repositioned. Attached his scan below. That would be good to have for both your cheeks and jaw rather than trying to guess.

Please share a progress pic if you can!
Do you know where they get these done? What scan is this??

Do you know where they get these done? What scan is this??
scan is an eppley patient. He dm'd it to me after he noticed initial asymettry. eppley revised it later.

It's the same scan you got to design your implants off of. You can get another one to confirm the position.

scan is an eppley patient. He dm'd it to me after he noticed initial asymettry. eppley revised it later.

It's the same scan you got to design your implants off of. You can get another one to confirm the position.
Yes, exactly what that post says. It sure is a process. Already had a buccal removal, and liposuction isn't permanent so in my mind thats always pointless.

I asked Dr. Y about the scan previously and he said we don't need to. I'm concerned he will deny that it is malpositioned - but then how would he explain it? Then it would be the design, which is still him.

Pretty sure its malpositioned. Do you know if one can independently get a scan, or will I likely need Eppley to sign off?