TMJ wear

rares54

rares54

I visit on here once a month
AdobeStock 3438449041

How much wear could I have done from overchewing hard stuff? Above is a picture of the condyle/tmj joint. Would it even be noticable if it wore down or does it happen over a longer period of time? I have chewed for like 2 months. Basically I read that the condyle head can flatten due to wear and thus making the ramus shorter.

the side of my face with tmd is legit deformed compared to the other, shorter ramus, shorter palate, nasio fold, higher gonial angle etc. Chewing is only a problem if you already has the tmj in a bad position.

• +1
Reactions: panfacemogger
the side of my face with tmd is legit deformed compared to the other, shorter ramus, shorter palate, nasio fold, higher gonial angle etc. Chewing is only a problem if you already has the tmj in a bad position.
shittier infras, facial depth isn't as deep, nose pops out more, lips going inwards & jaw narrower, I know actually what u're talking about and it never began for us brody

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4397
Legit same thats why I am asking. My tmj side has chubby fat pads while my other side is literally hollow when I am debloated. More pronounced zygo also

shittier infras, facial depth isn't as deep, nose pops out more, lips going inwards & jaw narrower, I know actually what u're talking about and it never began for us brody
the sad thing and the only reason it makes me sad is because it began. We were just stolen from it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4397 and panfacemogger
the sad thing and the only reason it makes me sad is because it began. We were just stolen from it
Only good thing is, asymmetries can be removed via implants.

same with ramus and nasolabial fold, but its kinda got better when wisdom tooth pops out on tmj side