Understanding the PSL Scale

untouchable_coper

untouchable_coper

Silver
Alright guys I'm going to be honest: after lurking on this site and lookism.net before shutdown for a while now, I still have no clue on why this scale was made. While the examples used for the TrueRateMe scale aren't perfect, isn't the 0-10 rating scale much better than the 2-8 PSL? What is the point of going up to 8?

Also, while I've seen people say that attractiveness is NOT normally distributed, if you cut out lifestyle choices, it's pretty clear that this is the case. This also makes sense considering the central limit theorem and how we have individual features that are normally distributed because of this. I'll be making another post to elaborate on this, but just answer my questions in the first paragraph please.

sorry dnrd might read later though

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
PSL is king

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
It used to go to 10, but ratings 8 to 10 were reserved for Chads, Gigachads and the like. Likely as a result of disagreements over who the chaddiest of Chads were (where different top notch individuals should go in the 8-10 range), I think a consensus slowly emerged that the scale should only go to 8, yielding the 8 point PSL scale of today.

I think it's likely in a few years that the PSL scale will only go to 7 or maybe only to 6, because the general consensus here is that the 6-8 range is the "Chad zone" and it's likely that there will be widespread disagreements over who is a Chad vs. a Gigachad and gradually very few people will be rated 7s and 8s, thus leading once more to a truncation of the PSL scale.

• +1
Reactions: teemowhite and untouchable_coper
It used to go to 10, but ratings 8 to 10 were reserved for Chads, Gigachads and the like. Likely as a result of disagreements over who the chaddiest of Chads were (where different top notch individuals should go in the 8-10 range), I think a consensus slowly emerged that the scale should only go to 8, yielding the 8 point PSL scale of today.

I think it's likely in a few years that the PSL scale will only go to 7 or maybe only to 6, because the general consensus here is that the 6-8 range is the "Chad zone" and it's likely that there will be widespread disagreements over who is a Chad vs. a Gigachad and gradually very few people will be rated 7s and 8s, thus leading once more to a truncation of the PSL scale.
It seems like that the original idea to go to 8 led to the 8 being the new 10 because it seems like that no person, no matter how aesthetic, is allowed to be PSL 8 based on reading this forum and lookism.net.

psl is just for face which is amazing when rating well faces its more accurate to find out how perfect someone is

Attachments

• 273569619_629086458356457_4357785677244743668_n.jpg
    273569619_629086458356457_4357785677244743668_n.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 0