Vitamin C guide

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
If you don‘t eat a diet heavy in raw plant based foods and greens, you need to supplement vitamin C if you want to stay healthy or attain optimal health (including collagen).
I won‘t go further into why because I don’t want to make this longer than necessary and only tell you what you need to know to get your vitamin C supplementation right.

1) WHICH KIND OF VITAMIN C TO TAKE?

• Do NOT take vitamin C that would come into contact with your teeth. This includes vitamin C powder, chewable tablets, fizzy tablets and juices. Ascorbic acid is acidic and will erode your tooth enamel over time. Which is irreparable.
• Plain ascorbic acid should be your first choice and is the cheapest one too.
• You have two options here:
> vitamin C capsules
> compressed tablets.
The first one is the best option because there will be zero contact with your teeth. Make sure the capsule shell is easily dissolvable and not time-release or enteric-coated. (Vegetable) cellulose or gelatin also are fine.
• Make sure your pills have the highest dosage available; at least 1,000 mg per pill. You need lots of vitamin C and you don‘t wanna be swallowing hundreds of pills every day to reach your total dosage.
• Your pills should be additive-free and only contain vitamin C/ascorbic acid.
• If you can‘t find a cheap product with these properties, you can easily make your own vitamin C pills for dirt-cheap.
> Buy pure ascorbic acid powder in bulk, get empty capsules in bulk and buy a capsule filling device (cheap and a valuable one-time investment which will save you loads of money in the long term). Then fill your own vitamin C capsules at your desired dosage. Bigger empty capsules mean more volume for a higher dosage per pill, BUT: you need to still be able to swallow the capsules, keep this in mind when buying.

2) DOSAGE:

• Close to bowel tolerance, optimally. Bowel tolerance = the minimum dosage that gives you watery stool/diarrhea (not dangerous).
> Find out your individual bowel tolerance by taking 2,000 mg of vitamin C per hour until your stool gets loose and watery/until you get diarrhea.
> Once you found your bowel tolerance, reduce dosage in 1,000 mg - 2,000 mg increments until your bowel movements normalize. They should be easy to pass, softish but still formed and somewhat solid.
This is your individual daily target dose now.

Keep in mind that bowel tolerance fluctuates, depending on your current requirements.
To adjust your dose when necessary, simply watch your bowel movements. If they get watery/diarrheaish, reduce your daily dose as described above. If your stool becomes too solid or hard to pass, increase your intake until bowel tolerance and readjust from there. If you get sick or catch a cold, increase your dosage until bowel tolerance and also readjust.

3) HOW TO TAKE:

• with plenty of water
• Either on empty stomach/between meals or together with light foods such as fruits, vegetables, salads or meals low in fat. Not together with fat or meals rich in protein.
• Only take 1,000-2,000 mg of vitamin C at a time and space out doses evenly throughout the day, to reach your target daily dose. Your body can only absorb so much at once.
• Take vitamin C every day. You can do one day off per week (e.g. when you do a fast). Same with other nutritional supplements.
• stay hydrated (get enough water and electrolytes, especially potassium)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lmao, Hey dont talk to me, theanonymousone and 22 others
If you don‘t eat a diet heavy in raw plant based foods and greens, you need to supplement vitamin C if you want to stay healthy or attain optimal health (including collagen).
I won‘t go further into why because I don’t want to make this longer than necessary and only tell you what you need to know to get your vitamin C supplementation right.

• Do NOT take vitamin C that would come into contact with your teeth. This includes vitamin C powder, chewable tablets, fizzy tablets and juices. Ascorbic acid is acidic and will erode your tooth enamel over time. Which is irreparable.
> vitamin C capsules
> compressed tablets.
The first one is the best option because there will be zero contact with your teeth. Make sure the capsule shell is easily dissolvable and not time-release or enteric-coated. (Vegetable) cellulose or gelatin also are fine.
• Make sure your pills have the highest dosage available; at least 1,000 mg per pill. You need lots of vitamin C and you don‘t wanna be swallowing hundreds of pills every day to reach your total dosage.
• If you can‘t find a cheap product with these properties, you can easily make your own vitamin C pills for dirt-cheap.
> Buy pure ascorbic acid powder in bulk, get empty capsules in bulk and buy a capsule filling device (cheap and a valuable one-time investment which will save you loads of money in the long term). Then fill your own vitamin C capsules at your desired dosage. Bigger empty capsules mean more volume for a higher dosage per pill, BUT: you need to still be able to swallow the capsules, keep this in mind when buying.

DOSAGE:

• Close to bowel tolerance, optimally. Bowel tolerance = the minimum dosage that gives you watery stool/diarrhea (not dangerous).
> Find out your individual bowel tolerance by taking 2,000 mg of vitamin C per hour until your stool gets loose and watery/until you get diarrhea.
> Once you found your bowel tolerance, reduce dosage in 1,000 mg - 2,000 mg increments until your bowel movements normalize. They should be easy to pass, softish but still formed and somewhat solid.

Keep in mind that bowel tolerance fluctuates, depending on your current requirements.
To adjust your dose when necessary, simply watch your bowel movements. If they get watery/diarrheaish, reduce your daily dose as described above. If your stool becomes too solid or hard to pass, increase your intake until bowel tolerance and readjust from there. If you get sick or catch a cold, increase your dosage until bowel tolerance and also readjust.

HOW TO TAKE:

• with plenty of water
• Either on empty stomach/between meals or together with light meals such as fruits, salads or starchy meals. Not together with fat or meals rich in protein.
• Only take 1,000-2,000 mg of vitamin C at a time and space out doses evenly throughout the day, to reach your target daily dose. Your body can only absorb so much at once.
• Take vitamin C every day. You can do one day off per week (e.g. when you do a fast). Same with other nutritional supplements.
Good

great thread,
will read

• +1
Reactions: Htobrother
Or just drink vitamin c powder with straw

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, bruhcel, Julius and 1 other person
Do you want me to move this to Looksmaxing?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849, sdmaster, Deleted member 4645 and 1 other person
High effort thread. Should be moved to Looksmaxxing tbh.

• +1
Or just drink vitamin c powder with straw
Won‘t save your teeth
Do you want me to move this to Looksmaxing?
I‘ll leave that up to you. Vitamin C is only partially about looksmaxxing but health and looks kind of go hand in hand so do as you like.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2095 and Htobrother
And what exactly is supposed to do, I took plenty of times up to 5 grams of vitamin C daily, and I can't say I noticed any impressive effects...

• +1
And what exactly is supposed to do, I took plenty of times up to 5 grams of vitamin C daily, and I can't say I noticed any impressive effects...
Eliminate excess free radicals, keep blood vessels healthy, better immune function and protection against viruses, appetite regulation, normal energy production, healthy bones and connective tissues...

The list goes on and on.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2095, Clark69 and Deleted member 1849
Eliminate excess free radicals, keep blood vessels healthy, better immune function and protection against viruses, appetite regulation, normal energy production, healthy bones and connective tissues...
Yeah, I didn't notice any of these.
Most likely the effects appear only if you are deficient, if you get normal doses of vitamin C from food, supplementing with more won't do much, this is true for most of the vitamins, minerals and supplements, and I tried many of them.

Yeah, I didn't notice any of these.
Most likely the effects appear only if you are deficient, if you get normal doses of vitamin C from food, supplementing with more won't do much, this is true for most of the vitamins, minerals and supplements, and I tried many of them.
You don‘t have to „notice“ anything. You don‘t see what‘s going on inside your body and within the biochemical processes. Fact is, vitamin C deficiency is bad for you. And most people are deficient.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2095
If you are not consuming atleast 500g of fruits and vegetables a day, and are deficient in essential nutrients you are a pathetic human being.

I put vitamin c serum on my lips and can taste it after a min or so.
I assume this means that some is getting on my front teeth, is this something to be concerned about?

I put vitamin c serum on my lips and can taste it after a min or so.
I assume this means that some is getting on my front teeth, is this something to be concerned about?
Vitamin C serum is a waste of money. Ingest vitamin C and spend your hard-earned money on beneficial things.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
bruh are you serious that 1g of powder a day in a shot of water will erode teeth? :dafuckfeels:

bruh are you serious that 1g of powder a day in a shot of water will erode teeth? :dafuckfeels:
Avoid ascorbic acid tooth contact at all costs.

1g of vitamin C per day is too little for most people btw. Such small amounts can also be neutralized with hydrogen carbonates such as baking soda.
Not viable for high dosages though due to overconsumption of minerals/electrolyte imbalances (which can bloat your face for example).

Vitamin C is a godsend for skin

I take 1g every morning/night

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849

1g of vitamin C per day is too little for most people btw. Such small amounts can also be neutralized with hydrogen carbonates such as baking soda.
Not viable for high dosages though due to overconsumption of minerals/electrolyte imbalances (which can bloat your face for example).
how about I just put it in some random drink? how about green tea? apparently green tea has a ph of 9? so would it work? 1g ascorbic acid powder in 50ml green tea, swirled and straight to the throat, flushed with more green tea :lul: how about that

• +1
Reactions: aphoria
Make sure to get the liposomal version. Its more bioavailable

great thread
almost missed it

bump how to make my 2kg ascorbic acid powder edible

2 grams a day made me poop water, trying 1.5g right now.

The problem I have with taking so much Vitamin C is that ascorbic acid is what converts dopamine into norepinephrine via dopamine beta-hydroxylase. This is could result in heightened anxiety/fight-or-flight mode and insomnia. You need to supplement with Vitamin E if you want to use it effectively as an antioxidant.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, AscendingHero and Deleted member 6423
Where can I find bulk liposomal vit c in bulk?

The problem I have with taking so much Vitamin C is that ascorbic acid is what converts dopamine into norepinephrine via dopamine beta-hydroxylase. This is could result in heightened anxiety/fight-or-flight mode and insomnia. You need to supplement with Vitamin E if you want to use it effectively as an antioxidant.
You obviously need other nutrients as well. But that‘s self-explanatory.

I never felt bad from taking vitamin C and I‘ve taken up to 20,000 mg per day.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and EasternRightWinger15
@Bewusst can i take vitamin c fizzy tablets as long as i rinse my mouth after ?

You obviously need other nutrients as well. But that‘s self-explanatory.

I never felt bad from taking vitamin C and I‘ve taken up to 20,000 mg per day.
20,000 per day?? can you post pics of skin before and after

> vitamin C capsules
> compressed tablets.

2) DOSAGE:

3) HOW TO TAKE:

• with plenty of water
• Either on empty stomach/between meals or together with light foods such as fruits, vegetables, salads or meals low in fat. Not together with fat or meals rich in protein.
How much should I space it out? like once every 3 or 4 hours. what should it be

So too much vit c will bloat you?