What changes would you like to see made to this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's only 2 looksmax types:

softmax
hardmax

and everything else can be handled with tags
I know dumbass, but Heightmaxing is the most frequent Looksmax here, there are easily +30 threads of that daily.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863 and Deleted member 14693
I know dumbass, but Heightmaxing is the most frequent Looksmax here, there are easily +30 threads of that daily.
Hard max = surgery
Soft max = shoe lifts, stretches etc.

Heightmaxing would have it’s own tag that you can use to filter results in the sub forum category

You don’t need tons of sub forums. It should be kept to the bare minimum and tag filters should be used in a unique way by each user

• +1
Reactions: Corleone
Maybe some type of game added to the site like a arcade or gambling.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, Deleted member 21863, horizon and 5 others
@BrahminBoss @cloUder @n0𝖗𝖙𝖍 @luljankybo @Magical Apple thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17531 and Deleted member 13787
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, Corleone and BearBoy
yea like a game where the winner can win Tinder gold or something

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine and BearBoy
we need more features, off topic is getting boring
new sub forums for off topic and other things on the site

• +1
Reactions: BearBoy
  • +1
Reactions: Niklaus Mikaelson and Deleted member 17531
we need more features, off topic is getting boring
new sub forums for off topic and other things on the site
Sub forums or other sections wont bring much really since everyone is addicted to offtopic and will stay on there since for them its a better section.

Sub forums or other sections wont bring much really since everyone is addicted to offtopic and will stay on there since for them its a better section.
we need a game where we get different name colors and styles after reaching something
users who win the games will mog with their rare name colors

• +1
we need a game where we get different name colors and styles after reaching something
users who win the games will mog with their rare name colors
a Simple slot machine game would mog tbh and we could call the coins "psl coins" or something like that.

After reaching a high amount of psl coins we could get a rare badge or something like that and after that its just flexing the high psl coins count. So adding badges to this forum would be nice also

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful, Deleted member 14693 and Deleted member 13787
Yea the winner gets sparkly name the last guy gets a ban for a day.. something like that

• JFL
Yea the winner gets sparkly name the last guy gets a ban for a day.. something like that
I dont wanna see greycels with sparkling names!

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine
Greycel of the week award
Too often, a month could be an alternative. Though, there's the issue that by the time any Greycel has reached notoriety, they might not be a greycel anymore.

• +1
More subforums for hardmaxers, softmaxers, gymmaxers. Also make a subforum for people who had surgery so we could see their results and read their experiences. Perhaps a subforum for potential looksmax stuff that is under development. Like the new kintor anti hairloss drugs.
Likely too many subforums, which would clog up the forum homepage. Currently, I'd already say there's a bit too much.
Maybe if the forum had a bigger userbase that warranted it. Even the moneymax section (which includes broad topics) isn't nearly as active as the other two.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Deleted member 14693
Allow girls on here. I hear lookism did. That would make things a lot more interesting.

Or maybe allow girls to join but only let them comment in the off topic section. Ban them from referencing any posts or threads made in other sections.
The diversity of opinion would be a welcome change but the amount of orbiting would be crazy.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Deleted member 12002 and Patient A
The point is to receive info, get your surgeries, provide info, and then leave and live life so yeah. The trannies can come in if they have useful info from surgeries.
old mod @BigBiceps would have gone nuclear on you. you disgusting shit.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21863
  • Forum member of the week (posted in the announcements section)
    • Equation: Total views in a given week x (Positive emotes + comments)
    • Every user's activity will be tracked and every week, this equation will determine the top 10 users of the week and on Saturday we vote (from the choice of the top 10 users) and the vote closes and the announcement is on Sunday. The voting post and the announcement post is automated. The winner gets announced and the user receives a trophy, a badge that they can flex off in their little text under their profile picture and a little leaderboard where people can check which users won for which week, and the most awarded users
Too often, it takes away from the "prestige" of the award and makes it mundane. Whether such a feature could be automized is unclear and the threads would clog up the announcement section. I don't think a week is enough for a user to really stand out in the public conscience either way.
  • A BOTB voting feature. When the original post in the looksmaxing section receives 50 stars (a new emote to add), the moderators are automatically notified, they fact-check the thread, discuss it and send it to the BOTB section. Our way of determining BOTB is awful. You have to ask moderators who don't even respond sometimes, some say "The people should vote" @tyronelite (nobody votes for BOTB since there's no formal procedure) or is centralized to the mere decision of a single moderator w/o consensus of others, allowing bias and favouritism. (that is how it appears to be to an outsider like me) @AscendingHero
    • ALSO, A BOTB VOTE CAN ONLY USED IN THE 1ST POST OF A THREAD IN THE LOOKSMAXING SECTION!!!
    • A SINGLE BOTB VOTE ADDS 10-50 REPUTATION POINTS! This incentivizes users to be contributors and not shitposters since the reward for quality posts is higher.
    • One BOTB pin adds 1,000 reputation points and you'd get a trophy as well. Again, incentivizing contribution and not shitposting. The amount of knowledge would literally explode if you could get a lot of reputation posts for contributing
    • @ascension! What do you think about this? Just curious.
The BOTB criteria certainly need to change, it's awful as it is but votes are probably not the right way.
The selection process should be quantifiable and objective, with little to no politics interfering.

Currently, a lot of threads covering certain topics getting lobbied to enter into the BOTB are already in the BOTB in some fashion. It leads to repetitiveness, which clogs up the subforum.
There shouldn't be 5 BOTB threads covering the same topic, with slight divergences at most.
  • A feed section, make an algorithm that analyzes the user's history, data, etc. and uses that to customize their feed. The feed is the first thing they see when they login. I don't want to see too many shitposts to be honest.
I don't think that kind of format is possible with this type of forum, to be honest. This isn't Reddit.
Even then, Reddit is incapable of creating such highly personalized feeds based on user data.
  • Disable the start chat feature
    • No need to explain there, it's awful compared to conversation
Yeah, I'd vouch for that.
  • Ascension subforums, to inspire people.
Creating entire subforums (that would be mostly empty) for narrow topics is most likely not the best route. Rather than an entire subforum, there could be a pinned thread each month listing the best "ascensions" of said month.
  • Trophies should be visible to other people under your profile picture.
It'd be kind of a lot to have under your avatar I think. Sometimes, less is more. Not to mention the fact that trophies are for the most part a useless metric.
  • FIX AUTOSAVE WHEN WRITING THREADS! Sometimes, only the pictures autosave and not the text!
It should be improved for sure.
  • People should be able to pin posts and comments on their profile. I have a link to all of my guides on my profile so I would like it if anyone who checked it out could see it.
The question is whether such a feature is even implementable. How the comment would be portrayed when it's a reply to someone else's comment for example.
The ability to host livestreams would be cool
I don't think it's possible, but I'm not sure. With the kind of users we have here I am also not completely confident it's a good idea. Maybe it'd give them more incentive to do some stupid shit for views and likes.

Allow girls on here.

That would make things a lot more interesting.

The diversity of opinion would be a welcome change

diversity of women? their opinion?
---> good

lmao! comedy at it's finest! no, really, great joke!

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: BrendioEEE, Corleone and Alexanderr
That doesn't impact discussion or really anything for the average user
It certainly does impact the forum dynamic. When having a conversation with another user, I can be rather confident they're a male that I can speak to with little to no restraints. Because I know that he likely associates with a lot of frustrations, hurdles, or emotions that I do as well.
It could be compared to a high school changing room, for example.

• +1
It certainly does impact the forum dynamic. When having a conversation with another user, I can be rather confident they're a male that I can speak to with little to no restraints. Because I know that he likely associates with a lot of frustrations, hurdles, or emotions that I do as well.
you'd have desperate weirdos flooding every thread of their desired LTB picking fights with each other just for some useless female internet attention.

also just imagine arguing a point with a girl that has completely different life experiences than you. yuk.

also:
#1 List of watched-users, similar to the (completely useless) following list, to better manage them.
View attachment 1855727

#2 something similar to reddit's "top: hour/today/week/month" aka simultaneously sorting by views and a set thread creation date.
View attachment 1855729

would filter out old bumped thread and give people the opportunity to stay up-to-date with the most viral posts of the day in each sub-forum, without having to click through 5 pages of shit-posts.

@tyronelite @Niko69 my efficiency guys.
@Master can we get a non-woke version of the gif plug-in? This one is getting more and more useless.
View attachment 1996004
@Alexanderr
Sad Aww GIF by The Comedy Bar

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
you'd have desperate weirdos flooding every thread of their desired LTB picking fights with each other just for some useless female internet attention.

also just imagine arguing a point with a girl that has completely different life experiences than you. yuk.

also:

@Alexanderr
Sad Aww GIF by The Comedy Bar
Yeah, those seem like good suggestions. Really just a question of whether they're implementable.

• +1
Make the gender public then.

And implement the choice to instantly ignore all females joining.

• Ugh..

The changes don't stop there. The presence of women on the forum will change the dynamic, as men tend to act differently when women are present. Even when they're talking to other men and not women.

A drawback of the only-male forum is that it allows extremist views to fester with little to no diverging opinions present.

• +1
Reactions: Solar and Corleone

bro, you have 100s of other sites to hit on and annoy women on, stop it. this is boys locker room talk.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful, SLA, Solar and 3 others
can we get a fitness section so the looksmax section isn't constantly flooded with fitness threads.
Fitness is inherently related to looksmaxing. The looksmaxing section is plagued even more by threads that are entirely unrelated to looksmaxing.
I think people overestimate how much effort many users are willing to put in to post their shit in the fitting section. Too many people cannot be bothered by the extra few clicks and forethought it takes to post something in the right section.

Say we add the fitness section, what'd we get is people STILL posting fitness threads in the looksmaxing section but with some occasional threads in the fitness subforum.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21044, LooksmaxxHopeful and Corleone
There should also be a subforum or an entire section dedicated to Self-Improvement and by this I mean something like that dedicated to improving our lives. In a nutshell: Mental health, visualization, meditation, journaling...
Those are rather broad subjects, I imagine people would start treating it like OffTopic where they just post what comes to mind. Frustrations they had that day, challenges that they were facing, or simply shower thoughts.

If I've learned anything, it's that unless you force people (by very strictly implementing the rules) to post relevant threads in the relevant sections, they won't.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
  • A "Start here" section - Some kind of section on the front page that can explain the PSL scale, a looksmaxxing glossary, and basic looksmaxxing concepts. Too many normies are coming here with little to no knowledge on PSL terms and methodology, and then wind up having it explained to them in threads.
  • A forum or subforum for dating, relationships, and ascension - Since that's why most of the people are looksmaxxing in the first place. There's really no good place to look for or post that kind of stuff here despite it being pretty relevant.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23642, Alexanderr and Deleted member 13787
bro, you have 100s of other sites to hit on and annoy women on, stop it. this is boys locker room talk.
The moment women are introduced into a predominately male environment, it devolves into a primitive simpfest and infighting ensues. I'd expect the same to happen here.

• +1
old mod @BigBiceps would have gone nuclear on you. you disgusting shit.
Go further down in comments where this was discussed further. People do tests on lab rats to see how chemicals and changes to their body reacts on the animal and learn from it. You think you're gonna get information from Chad doing changes on his body? Doubtful, you have to work with subhumans because they're getting the procedures for the most part and the most drastic ones. Do we want them on the forum? Maybe not, but links from another forum where they post info would be of use for sure.

Go further down in comments where this was discussed further. People do tests on lab rats to see how chemicals and changes to their body reacts on the animal and learn from it. You think you're gonna get information from Chad doing changes on his body? Doubtful, you have to work with subhumans because they're getting the procedures for the most part and the most drastic ones. Do we want them on the forum? Maybe not, but links from another forum where they post info would be of use for sure.
JFL if you think you'll get any useful info from mentally ill people that rope before they're 30 and only play pretend as some kind of escapism and then cut off their genitals because some moron reinforced their delusions.

make the forum private i see stuff discussed here on the fyp of my female and chad friends

I think the following changes would be good in order to increase the quality of actual looksmaxing discussion and to prevent the forum from being eventually flooded by normies and unwanted attention.
  • Stricter moderation on Looksmaxing subforum. It's full of retarded shitposting instead of real looksmaxing discussion. Many annoying underage users too.
  • Create some kind of registration barrier. You can make the forum invite-only, or make registration available during specific periods, or ask people to write more thorougly why are they interested on joining the forum.

Also, make it possible to create threads that can't be viewed by guests, so that people are more comfortable sharing personal details and images e.g. regarding surgeries.

It'd also be a good idea to create some kind of "essentials" section, similar to the "Start here" proposed by @Orbeck of Vinheim, in order to get new users who are genuinely interested in understanding and contributing up-to-date on basic looksmaxing info and glossary.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: NoPainNoChick, Wannabe Chad, Orbeck of Vinheim and 1 other person
  • A "Start here" section - Some kind of section on the front page that can explain the PSL scale, a looksmaxxing glossary, and basic looksmaxxing concepts. Too many normies are coming here with little to no knowledge on PSL terms and methodology, and then wind up having it explained to them in threads.
  • A forum or subforum for dating, relationships, and ascension - Since that's why most of the people are looksmaxxing in the first place. There's really no good place to look for or post that kind of stuff here despite it being pretty relevant.
good idea, we need a forum wiki where you any user above X posts can request edits, which can also get community voted and mod approved

• +1
Reactions: Orbeck of Vinheim
Yes, something like this seems good.

• +1
Reactions: justadude and Orbeck of Vinheim
Add an occult subforum.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrendioEEE, Ritalincel, SLA and 2 others
What changes would you like to see made to this forum in general? New features? New subforums? Let us know below.
more curry for me to mog

Private the Forum from Guests

Last edited:
  • WTF
Reactions: Ritalincel
Tbh adding in too many features to the site is going to ruin user experience tbh.

Effort should be put towards polishing the forum themes.
Creating an off-site archive of the "best of the best" forum posts incase this forum gets shut down by the FBI or something like that.

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful and Deleted member 16515
Less dumb shit posted in the looks maxing forum.Annoying to Have to fish through it all to find helpful information

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
Please make it so that users can indefinitely edit their posts or delete them or that account deletion will result in a deletion of your content.

• +1
viewed post history, I clear my browser and use looksmax on three devices.

Ban all the people with negativity, in a looksmaxing forum should be totally banned. Start banning this scum.

A “cope” react of some kind would be on nice edition. Like what I see on bp discord servers.

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful
Issue I've been experiencing for the past 2-3 days:

When I post, I get a dialog box telling me I have to wait to post a comment, but the comment is already posted, I just have to refresh the page to see it. After this happens, on the "Write your reply..." box at the bottom, the text is still typed out, as if I had never entered the comment, even though it has shown up on the page.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16515 and 5.5psl
Issue I've been experiencing for the past 2-3 days:

When I post, I get a dialog box telling me I have to wait to post a comment, but the comment is already posted, I just have to refresh the page to see it. After this happens, on the "Write your reply..." box at the bottom, the text is still typed out, as if I had never entered the comment, even though it has shown up on the page.
Yes same

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16515
Fitness is inherently related to looksmaxing. The looksmaxing section is plagued even more by threads that are entirely unrelated to looksmaxing.
I think people overestimate how much effort many users are willing to put in to post their shit in the fitting section. Too many people cannot be bothered by the extra few clicks and forethought it takes to post something in the right section.

Say we add the fitness section, what'd we get is people STILL posting fitness threads in the looksmaxing section but with some occasional threads in the fitness subforum.
Yeah I think having very broad categories is good otherwise it gets too complicated, and if a section is too specific it won't get used enough.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21044
Status
Not open for further replies.