what happens to the bone under the facial implant?

Eduardo DOV

Eduardo DOV

Kraken
does anyone know?

Does the implant disrupt bone metabolism? How does the bone interact with the blood if there is an implant on top of it? What would happen if the entire face was covered in silicone, for example?

• +1
Reactions: tbh aff and Krakowski
@RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
if not botched then it wont disrupt bone metabolism or bloodflow

• Hmm...
does anyone know?

Does the implant disrupt bone metabolism? How does the bone interact with the blood if there is an implant on top of it? What would happen if the entire face was covered in silicone, for example?
Biopolymer instead of silicon based implants

• +1
if not botched then it wont disrupt bone metabolism or bloodflow
what is the theory of it, how bone under implant interact with blood, how the osteoblasts and osteoclasts shit will occur?
@RealSurgerymax

Biopolymer instead of silicon based implants

yea that's the reason I prefer Medpor over the others (the other reason is that it would be better fixed?). But maybe that's bullshit and the others don't disrupt bone metabolism, I want to know that.
Also, @RealSurgerymax do those small holes in peek implants REALLY will make bone grow inside of it? like is that scientific, just common sense or you just hope it will occur?

Last edited:
what is the theory of it, how bone under implant interact with blood, how the osteoblasts and osteoclasts shit will occur?
@RealSurgerymax

yea that's the reason I prefer Medpor over the others (the other reason is that it would be better fixed?). But maybe that's bullshit and the others don't disrupt bone metabolism, I want to know that.
Also, @RealSurgerymax do those small holes in peek implants REALLY will make bone grow inside of it? like is that scientific, just common sense or you just hope it will occur?
isnt PEEK biopolymer too?

isnt PEEK biopolymer too?
what is biopolymer ?

Yesterday I talked a little with chatgpt about this and he talked about growing tissue around the implant, is that what it means to be a biopolymer?
But even in that case, how does it work? If I understand correctly, there will be a layer of bone around the implant, ok, but what about the bone below, will it change over time? how?

It dissolves
Jk it shouldn’t affect it

@RealSurgerymax

Osseointegration

The implant material matters, so your surgeon chooses biocompatible materials like titanium and its alloys. These materials are able to integrate well with bone tissue

During the healing phase after the implant, blood clots are formed around the implant

Neutrophils and macrophages reach the implant because the body believes it is an injury, hence the blood clotting

Granulation tissue forms around the implant which basically allows osteogenic cells to travel across

Osteoblasts move to the surface of the implant and form bone matrix. This matrix eventually mineralizes, leading to the formation of new bone

The newly formed bone tightly integrates with the surface of the implant. This integration is called osseointegration

• +1
Osseointegration

The implant material matters, so your surgeon chooses biocompatible materials like titanium and its alloys. These materials are able to integrate well with bone tissue

During the healing phase after the implant, blood clots are formed around the implant

Neutrophils and macrophages reach the implant because the body believes it is an injury, hence the blood clotting

Granulation tissue forms around the implant which basically allows osteogenic cells to travel across

Osteoblasts move to the surface of the implant and form bone matrix. This matrix eventually mineralizes, leading to the formation of new bone

The newly formed bone tightly integrates with the surface of the implant. This integration is called osseointegration
I see, so a bone layer then forms on top of the implant, interesting.
But what about the bone right beneath the implant? How does it renew itself ? I know very little about biology, maybe its obvious for people who know it.

• +1
Reactions: .org
this osteoblast and osteoclast cells enter the bone and do their thing right in there?
so they enter from the sides, right? Kinda obvious... I feel like a brainlet now.

I see, so a bone layer then forms on top of the implant, interesting.
But what about the bone right beneath the implant? How does it renew itself ? I know very little about biology, maybe its obvious for people who know it.

View attachment 2551211

same as before; bone undergoes remodelling and osteoblasts start repairing the bone

• +1
same as before; bone undergoes remodelling and osteoblasts start repairing the bone
what motivated my doubt is that now that bone is further away from the blood, so the cells that do this have to travel a deeper path