What to expect from trimax/bimax

dandymuscle

dandymuscle

Iron
I have a 5-6 mm overbite and find my mandible too narrow. I am planning to get a trimax (bsso + lefort 1+ genio).

I have consulted with 2 maxfac surgeons in Switzerland. The first one made simulations of a BSSO and bimax that don't look convincing in terms of improving my profile. The second surgeon does not provide simulations because he deems them unreliable. I am thinking of choosing him because the cost is much cheaper, as he works at a public hospital.

My main concern is that getting the trimax with the later surgeon requires me to have 8 teeth removed before surgery: wisdom teeth, the second upper premolars, and the first lower premolars. According to him this will not shrink my mouth because of the bimax, but it seems like a lot of teeth to sacrifice.

I have been wearing pre-treatment braces for 4 months and my orthodontist is waiting for my agreement to proceed with the extractions. I have appointments scheduled in 3 months with the two maxfacs before I make a decision. I want to know what the first surgeon thinks because he never mentioned extracting any premolars.

Is it worth it getting this trimax? Who had satisfying results with premolar extraction before surgery?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    762.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21403, MadTwatter, materialistic and 1 other person
find a surgeon who won't require extractions

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816 and dandymuscle
find a surgeon who won't require extractions
Even if the room for mandibular advancement is low? I don't know how many mm of forward growth I could get that way, but the second surgeon considers it too small to operate.

0.1 psl increase
3 months of brutal recovery
$20k raped from bank account

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30679, GazeWithin, Deleted member 27472 and 2 others
the movement seems lacking, you will still be recessed afterwards.

is no ccw movement planned? you seem downward grown.

• +1
Reactions: dandymuscle and materialistic
I have a 5-6 mm overbite and find my mandible too narrow. I am planning to get a trimax (bsso + lefort 1+ genio).

I have consulted with 2 maxfac surgeons in Switzerland. The first one made simulations of a BSSO and bimax that don't look convincing in terms of improving my profile. The second surgeon does not provide simulations because he deems them unreliable. I am thinking of choosing him because the cost is much cheaper, as he works at a public hospital.

My main concern is that getting the trimax with the later surgeon requires me to have 8 teeth removed before surgery: wisdom teeth, the second upper premolars, and the first lower premolars. According to him this will not shrink my mouth because of the bimax, but it seems like a lot of teeth to sacrifice.

I have been wearing pre-treatment braces for 4 months and my orthodontist is waiting for my agreement to proceed with the extractions. I have appointments scheduled in 3 months with the two maxfacs before I make a decision. I want to know what the first surgeon thinks because he never mentioned extracting any premolars.

Is it worth it getting this trimax? Who had satisfying results with premolar extraction before surgery?
there is no way around extracting wisdom teeth. if you dont want to extract premolars you have the option of placing TADs in the back of your jaw and pulling all teeth back after remocing of wisdom teeth to make space in your mouth before bimax.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816 and dandymuscle
0.1 psl increase
3 months of brutal recovery
$20k raped from bank account
Possibly. Can you recommend an alternative? Genio + jaw implants + rhino + malar/orbital implants?

the movement seems lacking, you will still be recessed afterwards.

is no ccw movement planned? you seem downward grown.
Those pictures are the first surgeon's simulations. Maybe the movement is small because he did not plan on removing any premolars. I don't know if a ccw movement would be included.

there is no way around extracting wisdom teeth. if you dont want to extract premolars you have the option of placing TADs in the back of your jaw and pulling all teeth back after remocing of wisdom teeth to make space in your mouth before bimax.
No one had told me about this. I will ask the two surgeons.

Last edited:

Upvote for actually sharing pics. I’ve had a trimax.

If I understand correctly, you’re concerned that one of the surgeons doesn’t make simulations. I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “simulation” but you shouldn’t be choosing a surgeon based on a picture they mocked up in photoshop.

If I was you, I’d choose a surgeon based on how far they’re prepared to advance your maxilla (most surgeons are very conservative if it means they can avoid bone grafts).

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 21403

If I understand correctly, you’re concerned that one of the surgeons doesn’t make simulations. I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “simulation” but you shouldn’t be choosing a surgeon based on a picture they mocked up in photoshop.

If I was you, I’d choose a surgeon based on how far they’re prepared to advance your maxilla (most surgeons are very conservative if it means they can avoid bone grafts).
whats the point in moving his maxilla forward when its only lower maxilla thats being moved

he, and overbitecels in general seem to have overprojected lower maxillas with recessed upper. Or am I analyzing this wrong?

3378020_1.jpg
- compared to a well developed face

look at how projected his nose looks compared to rest of face, and it would still look like that if it was straight

i dont think bimax is the answer

3378026_6.jpg
big bimax would dogmaxx him hard, small movements wont even be noticable.

im thinking chin wing + midface implants mogs bimax lately, for overbitecels

Possibly. Can you recommend an alternative? Genio + jaw implants + rhino + malar/orbital implants?

Those pictures are the first surgeon's simulations. Maybe the movement is small because he did not plan on removing any premolars. I don't know if a ccw movement would be included.

No one had told me about this. I will ask the two surgeons.
talk to them about it, might not be an option for you but i see no reasonw hy it would not be. itsnot ideal tho because it decreases space fo the split of the jaws, especially the lower jaw in bimax.

yes you should get trimax

and a rhino later

• +1
Reactions: dandymuscle
yes you should get trimax

and a rhino later
That is what I was thinking of doing. Waiting to see how my nose looks like after bimax and possibly make it thinner and less prominent, as well as getting a turbinoplasty. The surgeon told me he would also correct my septum, which is crooked. As for dogmaxxing, he said I would not have this problem.

I am confused to see such diverging answers.

• +1
Reactions: zeek
Bump. Would appreciate more informed opinions.

hey can you look at pm?

looks like they just forwarded your mandible and kept your maxilla recessed as fuck. Not worth it. Like how the fuck do you miss the whole maxilla recession??

Do you know any orthos that have used this method?

• +1
Reactions: dandymuscle
Do you know any orthos that have used this method?
Many do it's not a niche procedure afaik. You need to see an ortho close to you because you will have to visit them like 20 times during your treatment.

Many do it's not a niche procedure afaik. You need to see an ortho close to you because you will have to visit them like 20 times during your treatment.
Can you give an example please? The orthos I’ve consulted for my Bimax (uk based but going abroad for the surgeon ofc) haven’t used TADS before. One is open to using them but hasn’t got experience. Is it a complicated procedure? I could either show him the technique and he will do it or find someone else. Need help bro, defo want to avoid extractions of the premolars

Last edited:
Can you give an example please? The orthos I’ve consulted for my Bimax (uk based but going abroad for the surgeon ofc) haven’t used TADS before. One is open to using them but hasn’t got experience. Is it a complicated procedure? I could either show him the technique and he will do it or find someone else. Need help bro, defo want to avoid extractions of the premolars
What do you mean an example? A specific ortho in my hometown? Fuck no lmao

You need to find someone with expirience, maybe ask your surgeon if he knows one who will use TADs or call around. I would not choose my ortho based on that alone tho.

Cant you just get invisalign which would fix an overbite with relatively less pain and less money required?

Its kinda like mewing in a way but for your overbite which fixes your teeth as well

I'm wearing braces already. I would rather fix my malocclusion through surgery. The increasing overjet created by the braces encourage me to think that I have an overbite that deserves more than a simple camouflage. Then I will have a decent foundation. The operation will take place in seven months. Don't know yet if it will be a BSSO or bimax/trimax.

I'm wearing braces already. I would rather fix my malocclusion through surgery. The increasing overjet created by the braces encourage me to think that I have an overbite that deserves more than a simple camouflage. Then I will have a decent foundation. The operation will take place in seven months. Don't know yet if it will be a BSSO or bimax/trimax.
Yo what's up man, what happened now?

I was operated on one week ago. I had a BSSO, a genioplasty and a septo-rhino. Since my face is swollen, I put on an icepack several times a day. I still have a plaster cast on my nose and I look like I'm wearing purple makeup on my upper eyelids.