What your blood pressure doctor don't want you to know

High Cortisol Chad

High Cortisol Chad

Diamond
Resting blood pressure is inversely related to pain sensitivity, both physical and emotional pain. Higher blood pressure = less pain
Studies in human hypertension have also demonstrated a diminished perception of pain, assessed as pain thresholds or ratings. The sensitivity to painful stimuli correlated inversely with blood pressure levels, and this relationship extended into the normotensive range. Evidence in humans and rats points to a role of the baroreflex system in modulating nociception
Sensory and pain thresholds to electrical stimulation of tooth pulps were measured in normotensive and essential hypertensive unmedicated human subjects. In both adult and young subjects there was a significant correlation between blood pressure and pain sensitivity: hypertensives had a higher threshold for sensation of pain in the tooth-pulp test than normotensive controls

Blood pressure lowering meds significantly increase the risk of suicide
One hundred and four suicides occurred in the cohorts. The standardized mortality ratio for suicide in users of β-adrenoceptor blockers was 1.6 (95% confidence interval: 1.2–2.1), in users of calcium channel blockers 1.2 (95% confidence interval: 0.8–1.7), and in users of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors 1.2 (95% confidence interval: 0.7–1.8). In users of β-adrenoceptor blockers, the risk of suicide was increased during the first 12 months after the start of therapy, standardized mortality ratio 2.1 (95% confidence interval: 1.2–3.5)
Compared with the normotensive reference group, the odds ratios (ORs) for suicidal ideation were significantly higher in the three hypotensive groups after adjusting for sex, age, body mass index, total cholesterol level, household income, educational level, marital status, current smoking status, alcohol intake, and the interaction between sex and age (OR = 1.29, 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.08 to 1.55; OR = 1.44, 95% CI, 1.14 to 1.82; and OR = 1.71, 95% CI, 1.11 to 2.62 for SBP < 100, SBP < 95, and SBP < 90 mmHg, respectively)
Investigating different levels of low blood pressure, the authors found that the proportion of participants with suicidal ideation was higher in groups with lower blood pressure; out of 2,569 participants with systolic blood pressure of lower than 100 mmHG, 320 (12.5%) had suicidal ideation, out of 1,073 participants with systolic blood pressure of lower than 95 mmHG 149 (13.7%) had suicidal ideation and out of 319 participants with systolic blood pressure of lower than 90 mmHG 53 (16.6%) had suicidal ideation, compared to 879 (10.8%) out of 8129 participants with normal blood pressure.
A reliable finding from the physical pain literature is that individuals with higher resting (i.e., tonic) blood pressure experience relatively less pain in response to nociceptive stimuli. Converging lines of evidence suggest that biological factors that influence the experience of physical pain may also relate to social pain
In line with prior evidence, results showed that higher resting blood pressure was associated with lower sensitivity to social pain. Moreover, associations regarding blood pressure and sensitivity to social pain did not appear to be explained by individual differences in general emotional responding. Findings appear to be compatible with the interpretation that social and physical pain share similar cardiovascular correlates and may be modulated by convergent interoceptive pathways.
Lowering blood pressure may increase Alzheimer's risk
An association between low blood pressure and high risk of subsequent Alzheimer disease or other dementias has been previously suggested. Our follow-up data further indicate that low, rather than high, diastolic pressure is prospectively associated with an increased incidence of Alzheimer disease and dementia.
Comment 1654700958ra3Hh6dERT3VNc1aHjyqbR

• Woah
Reactions: thereallegend and Nina Power
I don't know why but it's true when I was popping stims like candy my pain tolerance and endurance was insanely high, at the time I never thought of checking my blood pressure but I'm sure it was in hypertensive levels

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and High Cortisol Chad