Why do writers of books have to use such big confusing words

Vermilioncore

Vermilioncore

scared
They always used words that kinda take away from the experience of reading the book. For example, I was reading The Trouble With Being Born, but the translation used too many big words that distracted me from what the author was trying to say. I’m too dumb to read confusing things. I need to read things that use simple words.

You don’t have to use pretentious words and phrases to make an impactful sentiment or message.

That’s why I liked Edouard Leve’s writings; they were straight forward, almost as if he didn’t care if anyone read his stuff or not.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss, butterworld, Charisma and 2 others
Thats how they speak

• +1
Reactions: ggg.tv🤫 and Vermilioncore
Thats how they speak
They gotta speak like niggers who know nothing. Only then can I understand them, because that’s who I am.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss, butterworld, Heinrich Schmidt and 3 others
As someone who enjoys reading books, I share you feelings: I dislike when the authors use lot's of pedantic words mixed in a confusing and boring writing.

Books shouldn't be like that.

They should be simple (which is not synonymous with lacking depth), in order to atract the biggest number of readers as possible

But instead, some authors create books not to reach the masses, but simply to feed their egos and only please a small minority of pseudo intelectual douches, a.k.a intelectual masturbation.

• +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer, Vermilioncore, IAMNOTANINCEL and 1 other person
As someone who enjoys reading books, I share you feelings: I dislike when the authors use lot's of pedantic words mixed in a confusing and boring writing.

Books shouldn't be like that.

They should be simple (which is not synonymous with lacking depth), in order to atract the biggest number of readers as possible

But instead, some authors create books not to reach the masses, but simply to feed their egos and only please a small minority of pseudo intelectual douches, a.k.a intelectual masturbation.
Exactly.

Also, in addition to their long, pretentious choices of words, the sentences themselves are also confusing, long and one has to re-read it a few times to even grasp what it means. Now, at first I thought I was just dumb, maybe I am, but sentences shouldn’t be so hard to read, and so long that you gotta do a double take.

• +1
Reactions: Latinus
Midwits and their pretentiousness.

• +1
Reactions: Vermilioncore and <6PSLcel
I hate when people use 3 or 4 big words and then just cycle them over and over because they read it somewhere or some shit

• +1
Reactions: Vermilioncore and <6PSLcel
bc books are assosiated with intellegence and ppl that use big words are intellegent

• Hmm...
Reactions: <6PSLcel
Midwits and their pretentiousness.
best way to put it, their writing lacks any depth or actual creativity so they use a bunch of word salads to try and sound "better", being succinct is a very rare thing and I don't think you can ever be taught it and that's what separates shit writers from good writers.

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, Madridista and Charisma
bc books are assosiated with intellegence and ppl that use big words are intellegent
nah being succinct is intelligent, using a bunch of filler word salads with synonyms for basic words isn't intelligent, it's a turbo midwit trait.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Vermilioncore and alurmo
If everyone csn do me a favor and read one of the pigeon on my blog tell me what you think
Comment, like and subscribe for more content ✅

If everyone csn do me a favor and read one of the pigeon on my blog tell me what you think
Comment, like and subscribe for more content ✅
what was your latest post (story not poem)?

the pigeon was my latest non poetry post
Robot GIF

• JFL
Reactions: Vermilioncore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back