Why MSE sucks, and turns you into a definitionless ape (better MSE theory)

D

Deleted member 23391

7" dicklet 5'10" manlet
Because an evenly split expansion of the palate will give you an uncanny and unaesthetic maxilla. It expands the front of the palate too much which widens the pyriform aperture unnaturally and gives you a monkey nose. Let's look at the conebeams of some MSE patients, shall we?

Pyriform

Pyriform2

Pyriform

Pyriform3

These do not look like normal skulls, the pyriform aperture becomes like a gaped asshole!!!

A naturally wide palate is not as wide towards the front which is why I prepared this illustration:

Ignore the position of the teeth and look at the actual bone. The MSE expands too much near the anterior nasal spine which is not how a naturally wide and well-developed palate is. This causes the aperture to widen and for the cheekbones to not get pushed forward much if at all. To get a naturally looking harmonious result you would need to expand more near the POSTERIOR NASAL SPINE than MSE. The problem is that you need something more like THIS:

This modified MSE would also be superior because it would push the cheekbones FORWARD more rather than just widening them and would push the pyriform aperture OUTWARD but not widen it, leading to better paranasal support. You'd need 2 expanders placed, one at the front of the mouth, and one at the back, or an expander which flanged and rotated outward.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: buflek, albanian_chad, YoYqkim and 31 others
yes

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, Deleted member 32425 and LooksOrDeath
yes

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, LongForgotten, Deleted member 32425 and 1 other person
True. Only surgically assisted BAME (Bone Anchored Maxillary Expanders) can achieve even expansion and avoid nose widening.
For those who already have decent palate width but narrow arches, SFOT/PAAO are very convenient and can give up to 10mm of stable dental arch expansion, with impeccable results (even expansion too).

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Mrxshmallow, Shkreliii, bradpittshairline and 5 others
True. Only surgically assisted BAME (Bone Anchored Maxillary Expanders) can achieve even expansion and avoid nose widening.
For those who already have decent palate width but narrow arches, SFOT/PAAO are very convenient and can give up to 10mm of stable dental arch expansion, with impeccable results (even expansion too).
Providers? I need wider lips but already have a wide nose.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
Providers?

Your ortho has to work with a provider, because the expander has to be 3d printed using your CBCT scan. "Power Expander" and "DS Xpander" are two BAME devices, and I'm sure there are more.

PAAO and SFOT are corticotomies + braces, they cut into your gums and graft bone there a week before putting braces or Invisalign on you, which makes the orthodontic treatment up to 50% faster, more predictable, provides greater dental arch widening and with more stable results. This can be done by any ortho specialized in accelerated orthodontics.

This is a PAAO result, after 9 months (notice that she already had a decent palate but crowded dental arches):

46094157_2023190801053160_2332010823314046976_n.jpg
46181005_2023192227719684_4627978817950973952_n.jpg
46094156_2023192234386350_8761399066664894464_n.jpg

Wider dental arches will give you wider and fuller lips due to muscle stretching and the better support provided by the wider arches btw:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Mrxshmallow, MTNAscension2, SeriousAscension and 9 others
high tier post for a greycel

• +1
How would one even get more posterior expansion? What about scoring the pterygomaxillary suture with a piezoelectric blade from the PNS, not all the way up to the ANS, then placing a bone-borne expander posteriorly? You might need a 2 TAD expander, because 4 TADs may be too stable and not allow you achieve the ideal degree of a cone-shaped expansion pattern I was describing.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2 and Shkreliii
How would one even get more posterior expansion? What about scoring the pterygomaxillary suture with a piezoelectric blade from the PNS, not all the way up to the ANS, then placing a bone-borne expander posteriorly? You might need a 2 TAD expander, because 4 TADs may be too stable and not allow you achieve the ideal degree of a cone-shaped expansion pattern I was describing.

With surgical assist to weaken the suture + a much more powerful expander. That makes even, parallel expansion possible.
This is the MSE expander:
3042596_1661252221829.jpeg

This is the Power Expander:
Power-Expander.jpg

It doesn't take a genius to see that the MSE device is cucked in comparison.
MSE expands in a cone shaped pattern because of lack of surgical assist + weak, cucked expander. Power Expander/DS Xpander + surgical assist = even, parallel expansion, no need for anything else.

I think you may find this thread insteresting, read from this post onwards:

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, Racky, thereallegend and 3 others
accidental double post, mods delete please

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and 5'7 zoomer
With surgical assist to weaken the suture + a much more powerful expander. That makes even, parallel expansion possible.

Power-Expander.jpg

MSE expands in a cone shaped pattern because of lack of surgical assist + weak, cucked expander. Power Expander/DS Xpander + surgical assist = even, parallel expansion, no need for anything else.

My entire point is that even, parallel expansion is likely not ideal and inferior to disproportionately posterior expansion. I want more posterior expansion, cone-shaped, the inverse of what the weak expanders + corticopuncture give you (so more posterior expansion rather than more anterior expansion)

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Shkreliii, thereallegend and spark
My entire point is that even, parallel expansion is likely not ideal and inferior to disproportionately posterior expansion. I want more posterior expansion, cone-shaped, the inverse of what the weak expanders + corticopuncture give you (so more posterior expansion rather than more anterior expansion)

That means you already have good palate width (no crowded or mildly crowded upper and lower anterior teeth). Then save yourself money, trouble and time and get accelerated orthodontics (SFOT/PAAO), like the cases I posted above. They'll give you plenty of posterior dental arch expansion.
advantage-freedom-chart.jpg

That person got almost 10 mm of posterior widening with Damon braces, could have got them in half as much time, with even more stable results with surgery assisted braces like PAAO/SFOT.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Shkreliii, Racky, thereallegend and 2 others
That means you already have good palate width (no crowded or mildly crowded upper and lower anterior teeth). Then save yourself money, trouble and time and get accelerated orthodontics (SFOT/PAAO), like the cases I posted above. They'll give you plenty of posterior dental arch expansion.
advantage-freedom-chart.jpg

That person got almost 10 mm of posterior widening with Damon braces, could have got them in half as much time, with even more stable results with surgery assisted braces like PAAO/SFOT.

But what if I want midfacial changes, not just orthodontia? I think my idea has a lot of potential, aesthetically speaking, because it could theoretically push the zygoma forward and give additional paranasal support without causing the undesirable consequences of MSE.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, Racky, thereallegend and 3 others
But what if I want midfacial changes, not just orthodontia? I think my idea has a lot of potential, aesthetically speaking, because it could theoretically push the zygoma forward and give additional paranasal support without causing the undesirable consequences of MSE.

Honestly, I don't know.
Tbh I wouldn't bother with it too much, Lefort 1 + custom infraorbital malar implants with saddle can give you mogger and predictable results with regards to entire midface changes, without the negative MSE consequences.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and thereallegend
wild SFOT + facemask not work for maxillary protraction?

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and MSEinvestigator
  • +1
It wouldn't expand the maxilla posteriorly like my proposed idea, no.
no but it would advance the upper mid face forward, liek the effect of lefort 3 without the bad effects that come with mse

• +1
ffs

• +1
no but it would advance the upper mid face forward, liek the effect of lefort 3 without the bad effects that come with mse
I don't see how that would be the case.

• +1
Where do I find a compliant provider who will do this to me?

• +1
Because an evenly split expansion of the palate will give you an uncanny and unaesthetic maxilla. It expands the front of the palate too much which widens the pyriform aperture unnaturally and gives you a monkey nose. Let's look at the conebeams of some MSE patients, shall we?

View attachment 2169928
View attachment 2169929
View attachment 2169930
View attachment 2169934

These do not look like normal skulls, the pyriform aperture becomes like a gaped asshole!!!

A naturally wide palate is not as wide towards the front which is why I prepared this illustration:

View attachment 2169959
Ignore the position of the teeth and look at the actual bone. The MSE expands too much near the anterior nasal spine which is not how a naturally wide and well-developed palate is. This causes the aperture to widen and for the cheekbones to not get pushed forward much if at all. To get a naturally looking harmonious result you would need to expand more near the POSTERIOR NASAL SPINE than MSE. The problem is that you need something more like THIS:

View attachment 2169970

This modified MSE would also be superior because it would push the cheekbones FORWARD more rather than just widening them and would push the pyriform aperture OUTWARD but not widen it, leading to better paranasal support. You'd need 2 expanders placed, one at the front of the mouth, and one at the back, or an expander which flanged and rotated outward.
how do i ask for this type of expansion to my orthodontist

• +1

View attachment 2169928
View attachment 2169929
View attachment 2169930
View attachment 2169934

View attachment 2169959

View attachment 2169970

• +1

View attachment 2169928
View attachment 2169929
View attachment 2169930
View attachment 2169934

View attachment 2169959

View attachment 2169970

• +1

View attachment 2169928
View attachment 2169929
View attachment 2169930
View attachment 2169934

View attachment 2169959

View attachment 2169970

View attachment 2169928
View attachment 2169929
View attachment 2169930
View attachment 2169934

View attachment 2169959

View attachment 2169970

how do i communicate this to my orthodontist

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Fgsfds, Hitmax, Shkreliii and 1 other person
I don't actually know myself. But let me know if you find something out. Keep in mind that I just invented this entire concept.

• +1
@julianchicago @Dr. Bruh

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, thereallegend, Magnum Opus and 1 other person
Moon said that the back of maxilla widens more than the front with MSE

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Shkreliii, thereallegend, AscendingHero and 1 other person

Power-Expander.jpg

Is there any evidence Power Expander is better in terms of posterior expansion? I mean it's a newer invention than the now 6 years old MSE v2.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and 5'7 zoomer
Is there any evidence Power Expander is better in terms of posterior expansion? I mean it's a newer invention than the now 6 years old MSE v2.

Look at the 4th slide:

16 mm anterior expansion, 15.7 mm posterior expansion. More than enough proof jfl
Now look at the MSE expansion pattern and it barely expands posteriorly, only anteriorly. It is cucked in comparison.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and thereallegend
Look at the 4th slide:

16 mm anterior expansion, 15.7 mm posterior expansion. More than enough proof jfl
Now look at the MSE expansion pattern and it barely expands posteriorly, only anteriorly. It is cucked in comparison.

Good shit op it s actually interesting
Also look at the doc bones, how can u not trust him? :feelswhat:

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, Manfrommars, thereallegend and 2 others
Look at the 4th slide:

Is it though? That is the same amount of expansion in both areas. Well actually less in the posterior. No evidence I have ever seen that MSE doesn't do the same. In fact Moon himself said this cone style expansion issue was already fixed with his first expander. Kasey Li's lies aren't proof he doesn't source his nonsense just peddles his own scam. JFL if you think he would recommend the power expander.

Last edited:
  • +1
Is it though? That is the same amount of expansion in both areas. Well actually less in the posterior. No evidence I have ever seen that MSE doesn't do the same. In fact Moon himself said this cone style expansion issue was already fixed with his first expander. Kasey Li's lies aren't proof he doesn't source his nonsense just peddles his own scam. JFL if you think he would recommend the power expander.

MSE is very inferior. This thing is custom made using the CBCT scan as reference, more powerful and even costs the same. Why would you want to bother with weaker, generic, one size fits all MSE when this exists? MSE is just a type of MARPE, get better MARPE with a custom made BAME device and a better result instead.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, GreedIcon, thereallegend and 1 other person
MSE is very inferior. This thing is custom made using the CBCT scan as reference, more powerful and even costs the same. Why would you want to bother with weaker, generic, one size fits all MSE when this exists? MSE is just a type of MARPE, get better MARPE with a custom made BAME device and a better result instead.
very vague and off topic answer

so there is no evidence Varela's expander does more posteriorly than MSE

• +1
very vague and off topic answer

so there is no evidence Varela's expander does more posteriorly than MSE

Dude just look at the scan and find a MSE one that expands evenly like that, no need to write a thesis.

• +1
Dude just look at the scan and find a MSE one that expands evenly like that, no need to write a thesis.
Show me one case that doesn't because Won Moon said the expansion is not cone shaped.

• +1
Show me one case that doesn't because Won Moon said the expansion is not cone shaped.

Post some here, like the slides I posted showing even, parallel expansion. Otherwise is just hearsay.

• +1

Rip what? :lul:
It's an improvement (like going from 1 PSL to 1.5 PSL) but that's too little expansion. The one I posted expanded 16mm, and can even go to 18mm.
Lmao at getting off the shelf MSE expander that barely gets you 10mm in a best case scenario when you can get a custom made one for the same price that goes up to 18mm.

RIP MSE if anything.

• +1
Reactions: SeriousAscension and Shkreliii
Rip what? :lul:
It's an improvement (like going from 1 PSL to 1.5 PSL) but that's too little expansion. The one I posted expanded 16mm, and can even go to 18mm.
Lmao at getting off the shelf MSE expander that barely gets you 10mm in a best case scenario when you can get a custom made one for the same price that goes up to 18mm.

RIP MSE if anything.
off topic rambling

now let's hear some "hearsay"

• +1
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii, thereallegend and AscendingHero
Calls a legit argument off topic lmao

Power-Expander.jpg

Keep crying cuck
Stop embarrassing yourself brainlet. Both expanders do the same parallel split unlike what OP proposed.

• +1
First and foremost, great thread
This modified MSE would also be superior because it would push the cheekbones FORWARD more rather than just widening them and would push the pyriform aperture OUTWARD but not widen it, leading to better paranasal support.
Would you mind explaining more, do you have any visuals to depict this?

Explain how widening versus moving the pyiform aperture "outward" is different and how the latter leads to be paranasal support?

How does more PNS expansion lead to ADVANCEMENT of the maxilla?
a78097afa378de884e6a59deb304cda66e585d3a555974434acda62a806c771f

The answer to all of this would be a custom made bone anchored expander, facegenics for example is tailored made for maxillary /midfacial expansion

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Fgsfds
Would you mind explaining more, do you have any visuals to depict this?
I think he means because if you expand the back without expanding the front then the back has to swing forward, like the back teeth are rotating about an axis which is right between the two front teeth. And that would push the cheeks forward? But isn't that how a 2-piece Lefort works, and that doesn't move the cheeks, as far as I know?

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, Deleted member 23391 and AscendingHero
Do you think it would be okay if the pyriform aperature is unusually narrow? And does mine look narrow?

Thumbnail Misc

Yes, lol at my subhuman orbitals.

• +1
I think he means because if you expand the back without expanding the front then the back has to swing forward, like the back teeth are rotating about an axis which is right between the two front teeth. And that would push the cheeks forward? But isn't that how a 2-piece Lefort works, and that doesn't move the cheeks, as far as I know?
That's exactly what I'm talking about, truth be told I don't think it would do all that much in terms of projection besides sort of rotate the openings if that makes sense, and I'm not sure how that would affect the soft tissues. I just imagined a maxilla rotating in my head the way that I described in the OP.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and AscendingHero
I
That's exactly what I'm talking about, truth be told I don't think it would do all that much in terms of projection besides sort of rotate the openings if that makes sense, and I'm not sure how that would affect the soft tissues. I just imagined a maxilla rotating in my head the way that I described in the OP.
Interesting, i'd love to see a visual on this

You still need total maxillary widening , ICD width is crucial for smile aesthetics and good lips.

But PNS expansion>>>>ANS all day, a custom expander with some modifications would do.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Racky
I

Interesting, i'd love to see a visual on this

You still need total maxillary widening , ICD width is crucial for smile aesthetics and good lips.

But PNS expansion>>>>ANS all day, a custom expander with some modifications would do.
And how do I even find someone to do this to me and implement my ideas? People in healthcare: doctors, orthodontists, dentists, etc are just too obstinate and it's quite difficult to find someone compliant. Often they just think you are crazy and refuse to speak to you further if you deviate too far from their field's consensus.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Shkreliii, mvp2v1 and 1 other person