Why Protein Is JUST As Critical As HGH To Getting Taller (If Not More)

enchanted_elixir

enchanted_elixir

Offline. Verify all of my claims & DYOR!
Why Protein Is JUST As Critical As HGH To Getting Taller

by @enchanted_elixir
Table Of Contents
  • Introduction
  • The Breakdown
  • Guide
  • Why IGF-1 injections were excluded
  • Conclusion

Introduction
After learning more about biology, I was looking back at my heightmaxxing guide I posted in May and I realized that I have neglected a crucial factor in heightmaxxing, and this guide/thread is designed to explain how crucial it is to your height.

The Breakdown
A hormone can be thought of as a messenger. In this case, Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is a hormone that messages the body to produce a protein called IGF-1 (Insulin-like growth factor 1). One of the effects of this protein is that it causes your bones to elongate, which in turn, makes you taller.

What we need to understand here is that proteins are made of amino acids (think of it as the equivalent to construction materials). When you consume protein, your body breaks them down into amino acids and stores them for use (your body's construction materials). When the body needs to build a protein, it gets the stored amino acids (construction materials) and builds it.

If you are low on protein (protein deficiency), your body's ability to build things will LITERALLY be hindered! From hair follicles, to nails, to new layers of skin, to anti-bodies and even your HEIGHT, your body will literally NOT be able to build these new cells at a sufficient scale. Think of this as a factory that has had its production capacity hindered.

If you are deficient in protein, HGH's ability to work will be stunted as even though it's demanding the body to produce IGF-1, so although the hormone will cause the body to be focused on building IGF-1, the body just doesn't have a lot of construction materials to build the protein at a large enough scale, hindering the effectiveness of IGF-1 production. (Don't get me wrong, your growth rate will still be accelerated, but probably at useless levels if you're low on protein)

Estimated visual representation of the IGF-1 protein.

Since the body is always producing HGH, if more protein is allocated, the more materials your body has to make IGF-1 (and other proteins) and in turn, you can become taller. You can get taller by hyper-dosing protein alone. @Prettyboy can confirm this, as he experienced it being on a carnivore diet.

A high-protein diet is correlated to height for this EXACT reason [1], and also explains why plant-based diets (I will explain why it's bad in a bit) and malnutrition are linked with stunted stature. [2]

Now, not all proteins are created equal. Although plants do contain protein, they also contain proteinases (they basically eat protein), protein inhibitors, and ribosome inactivators (they literally shut down your protein processing factories) [3]-[4]-[5]

This is also why it's hard to find proper vegan bodybuilders for this EXACT reason. A considerable amount of "plant protein" they consume just get eaten and inhibited. In this case, getting your protein from animal products (milk, eggs, meat) is a MUST.

Guide
So, what can we do to optimize our protein levels? One of the first things we can do is to make sure we know how much we need.

"For most adults with minimal physical activity, experts recommend consuming a minimum daily average of 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram (kg) of body weight."

So, the formula to know how much protein you need to sustain yourself is as follows: Weight in kg * 0.8 = Satisfactory protein intake (in grams)
But to heightmax, here is the equation to follow: Weight in kg * 3.5 = Heightmaxing protein intake (in grams).

We also want to make sure we know what the side effects are so here are a list: https://www.livestrong.com/article/13731785-too-much-protein-symptoms/
One of them is bad breath, so to minimize or eliminate it, you'll want to read this: https://looksmax.org/threads/breath-looksmaxxing-guide-how-to-have-godly-breath-at-all-times.505861/

So, what do I recommend to get protein?
  • Organic grass-fed meats
  • Organic eggs
  • Full-fat raw organic milk
  • Quality seafood
  • Whey Protein
Some things, like granola bars, contain naturally occurring anti-nutrients, which although it won't affect your protein levels, it will suck out some minerals in your body. If you're taking GH boosters like MK-677 (please take with Berberine), etc. your protein levels are VITAL here. The reason why has been stated above.

You can go on a carnivore diet for f**ks sake and get results.

Why IGF-1 injections were excluded
IGF-1 is the finished product, it is a protein itself, so it bypasses the process we listed earlier. IF you inject IGF-1, it will automatically do what it has to do, it doesn't require conversion.

Conclusion
GH boosters + lack of protein = "MK-677/HGH doesn't work".
GH boosters + protein hyper-dose = Height increase (varies on growth plates of course)
Protein hyper-dose or Protein hyper-dose + exercise = Height increase (varies on growth plates of course)

@Lygodactylus @8PSLcel @Br0sk1 @PrinceLuenLeoncur @Chadeep @LMSMaxxer @Xangsane @PearlHandledDeck @mulattomaxxer @RottenSperg @StrangerDanger @Predeterminism @KING REIDYZ @AscendingHero @Prettyboy @SupremeSubhuman @Mogpogs @Piratecel @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Preoximerianas @tyronelite @FailedNormieManlet @Lars @Korea @bogii @StreegeReturn @Biggdink @eren1 @Reckless Turtle @Broly Banderas @House Lannister @WannabeJock @Racky @Erik-Jón @heightface @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Clark69 @ilovelamp08 @St.TikTokcel @Anstrum95 @TeenAscender @loox @justadude @vaseqmoherad @astatine @Amnesia @Sigmamale @anya @Assyrian_Warrior @FreakkForLife @Alexanderr @HQNPmaxxing @currylightskin @BasedPsychiatrist @´´´´´´´´ @ALP @HOLYFUARK @Chadpreetmaybe @BeenLMSsinceMSN @Kroker @oldcelloser @Tinydragon98 @Hiraeth @ascension! @capybara @crimclown63 @Zures

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Meister!, Deleted member 18544, Mr. President and 44 others
We aren’t 12

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: m0ss26, Aladin, Hipcel and 6 others
pressed legit for the food pictures :oops:

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
Mirin, High IQ, SAVED + REPPED

• Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: datboijj and enchanted_elixir
water thread

• Ugh..
Reactions: berlin.1969 and datboijj
I'm having 104g of protein per day with mu wisdom tooth post-op diet since today (2 whey shakes and 2 soylents). May add another two cups of milk too :chad:. Usually I have 60-80g protein per day and I weigh 145-150

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: DarkLooks, Deleted member 17735, TeenAscender and 1 other person
Good thread but I am wondering how you have that much drive to write threads on this website full of shitposters

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, mafiaboy and mvp2v1
and also explains why plant-based diets (I will explain why it's bad in a bit) and malnutrition are linked with stunted stature. [2]
Your link here says nothing about this.

Now, not all proteins are created equal. Although plants do contain protein, they also contain proteinases (they basically eat protein), protein inhibitors, and ribosome inactivators (they literally shut down your protein producing factories) [3]-[4]-[5]
None of the abstracts in these studies (and the Wikipedia article) discuss the dietary consumption of cooked plants. Most herbivores are eating live plants.

This is also why it's hard to find proper vegan bodybuilders for this EXACT reason. A considerable amount of "plant protein" they consume just get eaten and inhibited. In this case, getting your protein from animal products (milk, eggs, meat) is a MUST.
It's hard to find "vegans" in general, as ~2% of the population are self-proclaimed "vegans." There are plenty of plant-based competitive bodybuilders, powerlifters, and athletes. You clearly didn't look hard enough.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: m0ss26, AscendingHero, Deleted member 19152 and 1 other person
I'm having 104g of protein per day with mu wisdom tooth post-op diet since today (2 whey shakes and 2 soylents). May add another two cups of milk too :chad:. Usually I have 60-80g protein per day and I weigh 145-150
100g of protein is generally good for maintenance for most average sized men but not for growing more muscle mass.

It's not that easy to get even 100g of lean protein though which is why 99% of the planet is protein-deficient. For example 300 grams of pure chicken breast only contains 60g of protein. You'd need to supplement with plenty of yogurt, cheese or other sources of protein to hit even 100 a day.

2 grams per kg of bodyweight is good for muscle synthesis, but even for someone your size (75kg) that's a lot of eating required in a 24 hour period.

Bodybuilders who are considerably big, eat 200-300 grams of protein daily. Arnold ate 250 grams a day for Mr Olympia.

To make a food comparison, you would need to eat a full kilo (2.2lbs) of steak, and even then you would need to supplement with ~250g of chicken breast to hit that number. That's why BB'ers like The Rock complain so much of the BB process is just eating, eating, and eating more & more protein.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: m0ss26, Racky and thereallegend
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Growth Plate, Deleted member 15302 and incel194012940
Protein powder a valid alternative? I used to consume a ton of protein powder and still turned out shit.
Yes. Make sure it's whey though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21531 and mvp2v1
Two things.

I'm pretty sure Berberine got outed for inhibiting muscle growth.

Doesn't too much protein get converted to fat?

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, AscendingHero, datboijj and 2 others
Well, not quite but it implies the inverse, which is my point (If high protein = taller, low protein (a malnourishment)) = stunted height.

Protein powder a valid alternative? I used to consume a ton of protein powder and still turned out shit.
Protein bars & smoothies mog plus they're tasty.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 2268, datboijj and enchanted_elixir
Two things.

I'm pretty sure Berberine got outed for inhibiting muscle growth.

Doesn't too much protein get converted to fat?
  • I don't care about muscle growth (for now)
  • Well, according to online sources, yes, but I think it would be converted to less fat as your body would need higher amounts of protein to delegate to building IGF-1.

None of the abstracts in these studies (and the Wikipedia article) discuss the dietary consumption of cooked plants. Most herbivores are eating live plants.
  • Herbivores can digest and remove plant toxins, proteinase inhibitors, etc. Humans can't.
  • Cooking it won't remove all of the protein inhibitors (although it'll remove some), and most plants don't have enough protein for people to care about.

Last edited:
It's hard to find "vegans" in general, as like 2% of the population are self-proclaimed "vegans." There are plenty of plant-based competitive bodybuilders, powerlifters, and athletes. You clearly didn't look hard enough.
Due to the simple fact that plants contain protein inhibitors and animal protein doesn't, it's blatant that bodybuilders who consume meat look more impressive than vegan ones.

Plus, the vast, vast majority of bodybuilders eat meat anyway.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2268, Racky and enchanted_elixir
REALLY high iq thread good shit

• +1
3,5 times BW in kg? Jesus fucking christ:feelsgood:. Even 70kg dyel would have to eat nearly 250g of protein:feelsgood::feelsgood:.

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26 and enchanted_elixir
another banger, straight to botb as per usual
i love this dude so fucking much

• Love it
Tag me in your next posts @enchanted_elixir

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: MEGA CHAD and Racky
  • +1
Reactions: Prince charming
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
100g of protein is generally good for maintenance for most average sized men but not for growing more muscle mass.
Ah, I'm 150lbs and 60g is more of my maintenence and 80-100g is where I grow a lot

Well, not quite but it implies the inverse, which is my point (If high protein = taller, low protein (a malnourishment)) = stunted height.
Firstly, it's sufficient protein = taller. You cannot expect to overload on protein consumption and defy your genetic limitation in terms of height. Excess protein typically ends up as fat and can cause dehydration and damage to the liver.

Herbivores can digest and remove plant toxins, proteinase inhibitors, etc. Humans can't.
Cooking it won't remove all of the protein inhibitors (although it'll remove some), and most plants don't have enough protein for people to care about.
This contradicts your initial sources.
In plant biology, proteinase inhibitors are a family of small proteins that serve an integral role in the plant’s defense mechanisms against herbivory from insects or microorganisms that may compromise the integrity of the plant.

Plants would specifically have to evolve to create toxins for herbivores, because herbivores are the primary consumers of said plants. It's an evolutionary arms race. Yes, herbivores have evolved to be able to digest certain plants, as have humans (omnivores). There's a reason why humans can eat cocoa without much issue, whereas dogs cannot.

Obviously eating raw beans as a human will destroy the digestive tract, which is why they have to be cooked and rinsed before consumption in order to break down most of the previously indigestible material.

Most plants lack protein but many don't. Legumes (lentils) and most nuts are protein-dense.

Due to the simple fact that plants contain protein inhibitors and animal protein doesn't, it's blatant that bodybuilders who consume meat look more impressive than vegan ones.

Plus, the vast, vast majority of bodybuilders eat meat anyway.
Again, the vast majority of humans eat meat. You're trying to observe a subset of a subset of the human population and using that as an adequate sample for comparison.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Growth Plate, enchanted_elixir and 2 others
true, who wants to eat a pound of cooked kale?
Kale has low protein content. You would obviously be eating high protein plant sources like legumes and nuts.

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
Youre the real G always

• +1
Banger thread, protein is so critical. The only macro you should worry about keeping high. Sufficient protein also prevents skinny fat and bunch of other things

• +1

It's hard to find "vegans" in general, as ~2% of the population are self-proclaimed "vegans." There are plenty of plant-based competitive bodybuilders, powerlifters, and athletes. You clearly didn't look hard enough.

Humans are carnivores and fruigivores by nature. Also with enough insufficiencies there are also too many anti nutrients on plants not only the ones for protein but for all nutrients

great thread but should be water to most.

plus highest iq poster on this site

Humans are carnivores and fruigivores by nature.
...as well as eating cooked plants dating before the advent of agriculture.

As for your incorrect meme:

Vitamin A is synthesized from β-Carotene, which is abundantly found in plant sources.
B6 is abundantly found in plant sources.
B12 producing bacteria is found in dirt and pond water (the same place other mammals get it from).
Vitamin D is found in lichen and mushrooms (or just synthesized by being out in the sun).
Vitamin F is abundant in multiple plant sources.
Vitamin K2 is abundant in multiple fermented plant sources.
CLA is literally just fat that can be found in plant oils (why you would want to consume this is beyond me).
Carnitine is synthesized naturally in humans.
Cholesterol is synthesized naturally in humans and there isn't any reasonable justification for consuming dietary cholesterol.
Ubiquinone is abundantly found in seeds and grains.
Creatine is synthesized naturally in humans, but creatine-monohydrate supplementation is easily available.
Non-heme iron absorbs less proficiently, but there is strong correlation between heme iron consumption and cancer.
Saturated fat is abundantly found in plant oils (why you would want to consume this is beyond me).
Taurine is synthesized naturally in humans.

Saturated fat is abundantly found in plant oils (why you would want to consume this is beyond me
You gotta rethink your sources of knowledge. Dont fall for the big cooperations agenda/marketing scams.
You are not a cow, you dont have multiple stomachs or whatever.
According to your logic you can live with just one arm why would u need another one "its beyond me" jfl

Also good luck on consuming all those plant and seed oils to get necessary nutrients in fact ure getting none and also taking a shitload of unhealthy fats which are no different from the ones used in motors

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Moggable and enchanted_elixir
Firstly, it's sufficient protein = taller. You cannot expect to overload on protein consumption and defy your genetic limitation in terms of height. Excess protein typically ends up as fat and can cause dehydration and damage to the liver.
Yeah, true but when you have elevated HGH levels, the excess protein that would usually end up as fat, is delegated to the production of IGF-1 instead.
This contradicts your initial sources.

Plants would specifically have to evolve to create toxins for herbivores, because herbivores are the primary consumers of said plants. It's an evolutionary arms race. Yes, herbivores have evolved to be able to digest certain plants, as have humans (omnivores). There's a reason why humans can eat cocoa without much issue, whereas dogs cannot.

Obviously eating raw beans as a human will destroy the digestive tract, which is why they have to be cooked and rinsed before consumption in order to break down most of the previously indigestible material.

Most plants lack protein but many don't. Legumes (lentils) and most nuts are protein-dense.
Of course, and omnivores are less equipped to digest the plants materials. I did forget to say that beans and nuts are plant products that don't have proteinase inhibitors, but all of the greens most certainly do.

And the vegan guy MUST be eating majority beans and nuts, that's for sure.

By the way, I'm not a carnivore advocator or a vegan hater

• Woah
Reactions: Growth Plate
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
High IQ thread as always, but isn't the human gut limited to absorbing 10 g of proteins/hour?
Didn't know this. Anyways, it'll all get into your body.

• Love it
Reactions: SoonToAscend
  • +1
Reactions: SoonToAscend
You gotta rethink your sources of knowledge. Dont fall for the big cooperations agenda/marketing scams.
You are not a cow, you dont have multiple stomachs or whatever.
According to your logic you can live with just one arm why would u need another one "its beyond me" jfl

Also good luck on consuming all those plant and seed oils to get necessary nutrients in fact ure getting none and also taking a shitload of unhealthy fats which are no different from the ones used in motors
Coconut, avocado oil and olive oil are based.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Growth Plate and SoonToAscend
Didn't know this. Anyways, it'll all get into your body.
I knew this from watching Team3dalpha. Good youtuber about fitness, also talks about height, but he's no heightmaxxer. Anyway He is VERY pro-protein so this isn't "low-protein propaganda" or anything. He mentions IGF-1 a lot, though in a context of muscle-building and not height growth. I think this amount is excessive, for example according to this I'd have to eat above the 240g limit. Not to mention that this is an absurd amount of protein - this is 840 grams of skinless chicken breast/steak, 8 liters of milk or 350 grams of whey protein powder

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate
...as well as eating cooked plants dating before the advent of agriculture.

As for your incorrect meme:

Vitamin A is synthesized from β-Carotene, which is abundantly found in plant sources.
wrong
B6 is abundantly found in plant sources.
meat has more
B12 producing bacteria is found in dirt and pond water (the same place other mammals get it from).
meat has more
Vitamin D is found in lichen and mushrooms (or just synthesized by being out in the sun).
meat has more. you need cholesterol for production of vitamin D (if you want it from the sun).
Vitamin F is abundant in multiple plant sources.
meat has more
Vitamin K2 is abundant in multiple fermented plant sources.
sorry I am not going to eat your shitty soy tofu. Meat has more anyway
CLA is literally just fat that can be found in plant oils (why you would want to consume this is beyond me).
fish has more
Carnitine is synthesized naturally in humans.
Just because your body can produce it doesn't mean it doesn't need it. It produces the bare minimum to survive. You need more in order to advance life processes
Cholesterol is synthesized naturally in humans and there isn't any reasonable justification for consuming dietary cholesterol.
What about people who can't produce cholesterol? Cholesterol is everything for hormones.
Ubiquinone is abundantly found in seeds and grains.
seeds and grains are toxic
Creatine is synthesized naturally in humans, but creatine-monohydrate supplementation is easily available.
Just because your body can produce it doesn't mean it doesn't need it. It produces the bare minimum to survive. You need more in order to advance life processes
Non-heme iron absorbs less proficiently, but there is strong correlation between heme iron consumption and cancer.
Just eat meat
Saturated fat is abundantly found in plant oils (why you would want to consume this is beyond me).
No, majority of plants contain PUFA's. Where do you think vegetable oils come from? Also I don't wanna eat tropical fruits to get my SFA's.
Taurine is synthesized naturally in humans.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21531 and Growth Plate
problem is does it work on adults?
because its good info but if it doesnt work on adults i dont see any point in doing this,
i mean like injecting random stuff and going carnivore.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869