30yr old redditor on tretinoin for 2yrs. Glowing skin.

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Orc, fuckedupmanlet, Yerico7 and 15 others
wait what does this tret shit do? something to do with collagen?

• JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Yerico7, Lygodactylus and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, Yerico7 and Lygodactylus
he looks gay

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe, Deleted member 4946, sub3lowiqcel and 20 others
looks like a weak low t pussy 18 year old

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Prince88, JohnDoe, reptiles and 20 others
we need to see his before to judge

• +1
Reactions: Ascendant, germanlooks and Deleted member 8988
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: iam good boy, ShowerMaxxing, ezio6 and 8 others
basically chemotherapy on your face then

You’re extremely smart if you didn’t look that up.
Retinoic acid is literally used as a chemotherapy treatment.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Yerico7, TurkishAscender, Mouthbreath and 5 others
so does it affect your skin's ability to regenerate in the long run ?
Are you referring to telomere shortening? As far as I'm aware, tretinoin has only shown to have positive effects over time, but if telomere shortening is a concern, there are now supplements that can restore telomere length, supplements like epitalon, TAM818, and TA-65 to name a few.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771
basically chemotherapy on your face then
Well chemotherapy affects tissues with a faster turnover rate, which is why skin, hair, and mucosa are especially affected. I don't think it's the same thing.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8771
Are you referring to telomere shortening? As far as I'm aware, tretinoin has only shown to have positive effects over time, but if telomere shortening is a concern, there are now supplements that can restore telomere length, supplements like epitalon, TAM818, and TA-65 to name a few.
I just heard a long time ago that your skin's ability to regenerate itself is not unlimited, that's why it's better to start chemical skincare later in life, but I never heard about telomere i have to check this.

I just heard a long time ago that your skin's ability to regenerate itself is not unlimited, that's why it's better to start chemical skincare later in life, but I never heard about telomere i have to check this.
No tissue can proliferate indefinitely (without intervention). it's called the Hayflick limit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, GigaAscender, Hero of the Imperium and 1 other person
Well chemotherapy affects tissues with a faster turnover rate, which is why skin, hair, and mucosa are especially affected. I don't think it's the same thing.

Retinoic acid aka tretinoin/accutane is a active form of vitamin A.

B77A6014 8D51 40C5 AC98 EC9D6231F1B4
39608ADC 3583 4B58 BFB0 F0E19DBA3D6B
9DDFA970 AFFA 449C B37F B95F6D7BE1E9
6BC4B834 5CF4 4466 8762 E22314CAE897
D10CFCC4 8A61 4D29 AA91 5EFB5BCD00C6
48D86BDF 5AA5 47E6 8EDD 241C049ADCB1
937D981B D25F 428A 896B 26E9736D1FF2
BF816668 350E 44F4 80D9 8BA4527CBE76
2C6684D2 E980 4922 B2D6 AD2CEF844971
82E2C228 35BA 47B7 8350 7B03BE4C9701
85FB1EDB FE9A 4712 B124 A24F690F4FE8
C43F2C0F 4F3D 4AEE AA28 CF774873D9A2
C243F2E7 3ED9 4C08 BD5C 68856ADF9453

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 7098, AscendingHero and 2 others
No tissue can proliferate indefinitely (without intervention). it's called the Hayflick limit.
E258CB61 F02B 464B 92B2 FA3C41D6B456

2F43E1C2 4A52 48F2 95D9 F0A14EEE821E

Accutane and retin a are both active forms of vitamin a. Retin a at 0.1% (assuming the absorption rate is bw 1-8% like the studies) will show all signs of hypervitaminosis a just like accutane but at a rate of about ~12x slower.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish, Danish_Retard and AscendingHero
It increases cell turnover, reducing fine lines and redness.

It increases redness and causes sun sensitivity. Sorry I just hate misinformation

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, GigaAscender, Yerico7 and 2 others
are they talking about tropical use ? that's crasy. well everything that works comes with serious risks

There’s talking about hypervitaminosis a. It’s induced by accutane more strongly than retin a bc accutane is ingested. But studies have shown that even retin a has a absorption rate of 1-8%. Meaning retin a will cause the same sides as accutane but 12 times slower.

So if a person noticed hypervitaminosis a from accutane after 2 years, he/she will notices the same effects from retin-a after 24 years of usage.

Essentially buying time b4 your liver is full and ready to fuck up your body.

Also vitamin a is fat soluble so there is no escape. You have to bear the side effects

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rubberduck, AscendingHero and goldensoul
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rubberduck, SendMePicsToRate, valhalar and 3 others
Insane he looks like a ten year old. I’ve tried tret but it makes me dry and redness irritated. I must have shitty skin because I have never met anyone this happens too.

There’s talking about hypervitaminosis a. It’s induced by accutane more strongly than retin a bc accutane is ingested. But studies have shown that even retin a has a absorption rate of 1-8%. Meaning retin a will cause the same sides as accutane but 12 times slower.

So if a person noticed hypervitaminosis a from accutane after 2 years, he/she will notices the same effects from retin-a after 24 years of usage.

Also vitamin a is fat soluble so there is no escape. You have to bear the side effects
I'll just use retin a sporadically and only on important occassions and i'll discontinue in a few yrs when i find and/or better collagen maxxing protocls are available

money opens door buyos

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 16834

You're using faulty logic. If you have toxicity at a certain dose and a therapeutic effect at, say, 1/4 that dose, it doesn't mean that toxicity is just delayed 4x as long. There's also an output rate, and it's possible to achieve a steady state.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, SendMePicsToRate, GigaAscender and 3 others
You're using faulty logic. If you have toxicity at a certain dose and a therapeutic effect at, say, 1/4 that dose, it doesn't mean that toxicity is just delayed 4x as long. There's also an output rate, and it's possible to achieve a steady state.

False. Vitamin a is fat soluble. It BUILDS up to toxic amounts bc the liver STORES it. It’s a liver toxin after a certain point.

Your claim presupposes that there is a built in detoxing mechanism that would prevent from side effects. You claiming that it’s possible to achieve a therapeutic effect completely ignores countless research I posted which explains the entire mechanism being identical to that of chemotherapy drugs. ALL vitamin a ends up in the liver where’s it stored b4 further usage. Toxic levels wreak havoc on the body as the liver has no further need for said vitamin. This is why accutane side effects range from ALL across the body. Hypervitaminosis a attacks the entire metabolism and wrecks havoc on multiple systems (skeletal, nervous etc.)

Therapeutic levels or micro dosing or using retin a as a spot treatment would then negate the purpose of my original argument which was that this is not for everyday usage.

Last edited:
Just use it twice or 3 times week. To give your body time to get rid of excess vit a in the long term

Indeed retin a was initially designed for spot treatment sparingly (upon notice of a acne breakout for example)

For people with cognitive dissonance I suggest using twice a weak at the weakest strength (.25%) and searching for a healthier alternative (glycolic acid, bakuchiol)

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
Indeed retin a was initially designed for spot treatment sparingly (upon notice of a acne breakout for example)

For people with cognitive dissonance I suggest using twice a weak at the weakest strength (.25%) and searching for a healthier alternative (glycolic acid, bakuchiol)
Would it make sense to go slightly under the RDA of vitamin A from diet (to let's say 70%) in order to reduce the stress on liver if tret is being used?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834
Would it make sense to go slightly under the RDA of vitamin A from diet (to let's say 70%) in order to reduce the stress on liver if tret is being used?

Yes most certainly. Food has retinol which gets converted to retinoic acid by the body. So using accutane/retin a AND having a diet high in retinol consumption (fortified milk, tons of eggs etc) is a recipe for disaster (long term)

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke
False. Vitamin a is fat soluble. It BUILDS up to toxic amounts bc the liver STORES it. It’s a liver toxin after a certain point.

Your claim presupposes that there is a built in detoxing mechanism that would prevent from side effects. You claiming that it’s possible to achieve a therapeutic effect completely ignores countless research I posted which explains the entire mechanism being identical to that of chemotherapy drugs. ALL vitamin a ends up in the liver where’s it stored b4 further usage. Toxic levels wreak havoc on the body as the liver has no further need for said vitamin. This is why accutane side effects range from ALL across the body. Hypervitaminosis a attacks the entire metabolism and wrecks havoc on multiple systems (skeletal, nervous etc.)

Therapeutic levels or micro dosing or using retin a as a spot treatment would then negate the purpose of my original argument which was that this is not for everyday usage.

Does this mean megadoising beta catotene will cause hypervitaminosis? >50k IU a day

• +1
Does this mean megadoising beta catotene will cause hypervitaminosis? >50k IU a day

Retinol and beta carotene are different forms of vitamin a

Beta carotene will lead to skin color changes but have a less likelihood off triggering hypervitaminosis a

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy, Cidre enjoyer and BoneDensity
Never mind just read that cartenoids don't cause thisb

• +1
Retinol and beta carotene are different forms of vitamin a

Beta carotene will lead to skin color changes but have a less likelihood off triggering hypervitaminosis a
You seem knowledgeable about Accutane. I took it for 6 months at 16 and didn't grow a single inch after/fell into deep depression. I feel like if I never took this shit I'd reach my genetic potential, legit lost the spark in me. Plus I have osteopenia now as a 21 yr old JFL likely due to accutane.

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 16834 and 1 other person
You seem knowledgeable about Accutane. I took it for 6 months at 16 and didn't grow a single inch after/fell into deep depression. I feel like if I never took this shit I'd reach my genetic potential, legit lost the spark in me. Plus I have osteopenia now as a 21 yr old JFL likely due to accutane.

All sides of hypervitaminosis A.

What you can do is go on a low vitamin a diet. No eggs, No milk (substitute with calcium carbonate or get the calcium from sardines etc).

70760F87 5A84 4546 B014 E2A406A8FFA0

This is how I reversed all side effects that I personally experienced.

Also since you have osteopenia you need to optimize calcium metabolism.

Calcium metabolism is: having enough vitamin d, vitamin k2, phosphorous and magnesium (as all these minerals and vitamin aid in metabolizing and making use of calcium).

Just dropping the eggs and milk by itself would be huge (I wouldn’t advise this extreme of a measure to anyone but since your problems are 100% in sync with Retinoic acid toxicity you need to detox all vitamin a rich foods even if some of them are healthy).

Could you provide a link to the full article? Earlier you extrapolated based off a linear change, but there are problems with that logic. I understand obviously that fat-soluble vitamins are much more likely to cause hypervitaminosis than those that are water soluble, but it still seems likely that the body could achieve a steady state, thus avoiding toxicity.

Even one of the pictures you posted included a part where the side effects resolved quickly after discontinuing treatment. It seems like the body has a decent elimination rate.

Last edited:
All sides of hypervitaminosis A.

What you can do is go on a low vitamin a diet. No eggs, No milk (substitute with calcium carbonate or get the calcium from sardines etc).

View attachment 1635637

This is how I reversed all side effects that I personally experienced.

Also since you have osteopenia you need to optimize calcium metabolism.

Calcium metabolism is: having enough vitamin d, vitamin k2, phosphorous and magnesium (as all these minerals and vitamin aid in metabolizing and making use of calcium).

Just dropping the eggs and milk by itself would be huge (I wouldn’t advise this extreme of a measure to anyone but since your problems are 100% in sync with Retinoic acid toxicity you need to detox all vitamin a rich foods even if some of them are healthy).
Just to let you know I'm 21 now so it's been 5 years since then, not sure if that's enough time to recover. I already don't drink milk even though I'm lactose tolerant, I'll start avoiding eggs from now on though. I supplement 2100 IU vitamin D a day and 200mg magnesium a day. I'll look into the other 2 supplements you mentioned.

• +1
Could you provide a link to the full article? Earlier you extrapolated based off a linear change, but there are problems with that logic. I understand obviously that fat-soluble vitamins are much more likely to cause hypervitaminosis than those that are water soluble, but it still seems likely that the body could achieve a steady state, thus avoiding toxicity.

Which one specifically these are different research papers complied into one post.

Just to let you know I'm 21 now so it's been 5 years since then, not sure if that's enough time to recover. I already don't drink milk even though I'm lactose tolerant, I'll start avoiding eggs from now on though. I supplement 2100 IU vitamin D a day and 200mg magnesium a day. I'll look into the other 2 supplements you mentioned.

Good 👍.
Optimal vitamin d supplementation
For magnesium the best one is magnesium chloride. It had practically cured all teeth sensitivity that I experienced with hypervitaminosis a.

For phosphorus you get it pretty much every source. So no need to supplement

And lastly for k2 avocados are a great source!

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

How about every other day at 0.1?

And cycle 2 months on 1 month off

• +1
How about every other day at 0.1?

And cycle 2 months on 1 month off

Would not recommend, twice a week at the lowest dosage 0.25% (with your cycle) seems better since people I’m sure already have a high retinol diet (lots of milk and eggs etc)

• +1
I got to use 1% aswell but it makes my skin so fucking irritated

Even one of the pictures you posted included a part where the side effects resolved quickly after discontinuing treatment. It seems like the body has a decent elimination rate.

I saw that you edited your post so I want to answer your second paragraph.

Retinoic acid cessation would obviously result in lowered side effects as the overall metabolism is under less pressure to detox. Less havoc. Signs of heavy detox include orange stools and metallic smelling sweat etc.
The younger/healthier you are the higher the rate of said detox. Still the host is under unnecessary burden. Not to even mention the telomere shortening angle.

Also,

CE3AAF2F 40B0 4662 9408 09AB84BBC96B

C329C922 433A 4640 AB2B 8347A1542A63

F6B72867 89FD 4CC3 BA94 EAF6D21D1ED5

All to have skin that looks baby smooth? Ha the lengths people go to justify certain extremely horrible habits

Last edited:
  • +1
Accutane and retin a are both active forms of vitamin a. Retin a at 0.1% (assuming the absorption rate is bw 1-8% like the studies) will show all signs of hypervitaminosis a just like accutane but at a rate of about ~12x slower.
Are you confusing tissue absorption with systemic absorption? Do you have a source on isotret/tret going systemic in any significant quantity, because the only studies I can find show that using 10g (yes, ten fucking grams) of 0.1% isotret cream did not increase the plasma concentration of related metabolites above the 2SD.

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin and Cidre enjoyer
You are 1000iq cel

Are you confusing tissue absorption with systemic absorption? Do you have a source on isotret/tret going systemic in any significant quantity, because the only studies I can find show that using 10g (yes, ten fucking grams) of 0.1% isotret cream did not increase the plasma concentration of related metabolites above the 2SD.
7BC7D892 5F64 4A69 9BBE 129EA7B78F0E

I'm about to order some Tret again (am 29, did one tub Retin-A when I was 27),

and try to get my skin back from the Abyss somehow, cuz I fucked it up with a 4-week corticosteroid topical course for four weeks on noae area last for nose skin thinning.

I think I'm one of the lowest-inhib guys on this forum when it comes to trying shit out, unfortunately I'm also stupid af smh, so all in all very dangerous combination lol

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
I saw that you edited your post so I want to answer your second paragraph.

Retinoic acid cessation would obviously result in lowered side effects as the overall metabolism is under less pressure to detox. Less havoc. Signs of heavy detox include orange stools and metallic smelling sweat etc.
The younger/healthier you are the higher the rate of said detox. Still the host is under unnecessary burden. Not to even mention the telomere shortening angle.

Also,

View attachment 1635922

View attachment 1635929

View attachment 1635926
All to have skin that looks baby smooth? Ha the lengths people go to justify certain extremely horrible habits
I'm going to have to do more research. The effects that you've included in your post--are those from topical use? That's definitely concerning. I'm always open to having my mind changed.

*edit* Okay, it looks like there's a systemic absorption rate from topical use. I see.

*edit again* At the very least, for now I'm going to reduce my use to select areas of my face, like around the eyes. That alone would drastically reduce absorption.

Last edited:
  • +1