Acne (looking for advice)

A

AllEyeWant

Iron
I'm trying to get rid of my moderate acne (lots of whiteheads along with some papules and pustules). I've been using differin and a benzyol peroxide wash lotion for 8 weeks now, acne improved a bit but I'm still not happy.

I once had nearly clear skin after using topical antibiotics, but then the bacteria probably became resistant. Therefore I'm considering adding duac gel (topical antibiotics) to my routine. Is duac gel (morning)+ benzyol peroxide (afternoon)+ differin (evening) too much? Any advice?

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
@AcneScars little douchebag, your area of expertise

• +1
Reactions: AcneScars and AllEyeWant
tretinoin

• +1
Reactions: Heguldus and AllEyeWant
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6785 and AllEyeWant
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6785 and AllEyeWant
Tretinoin 0.05 + azelaic acid in the am

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, Deleted member 6785 and AllEyeWant
Isotretinoin or death

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: xefo, LastHopeForNorman and AllEyeWant
Indian online pharmacy :Comfy:
Might be my last resort. Is differin really this much less effective then adapalene (differin)? I've read a study which conclude that they have similar effects

Might be my last resort. Is differin really this much less effective then adapalene (differin)? I've read a study which conclude that they have similar effects
My first treatment was clindamycin adapalene + minocycline and I had absolutely no response. Then I went for isotretinoin 20mg/day and lymecycline and had better results

• +1
Reactions: AllEyeWant
@AllEyeWant go to a dermatologist or a cosmetic who knows better than all these muh tretcels

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel and AllEyeWant
@AllEyeWant go to a dermatologist or a cosmetic who knows better than all these muh tretcels
That's what I did 2 times and they only wanted to give me accutane and they didn't know what retin a is :/

That's what I did 2 times and they only wanted to give me accutane and they didn't know what retin a is :/
thats what most dermos do yeah, thats why i said try a cosmetic

• +1
&I don't want to take accutane because I'm still in puberty

tretinoin 0.1% PM , doxycycline , clindamycin phospate topical in morning

azelaic acid 20% and tretinoin

Indian online pharmacy :Comfy:
tretinoin 0.1% PM , doxycycline , clindamycin phospate topical in morning
Isotretinoin or death
thats what most dermos do yeah, thats why i said try a cosmetic
Ok I now will get 0.05 tret prescription (switch with adapalene), is there anything else I should ask for or should I try tret only for some time? DIfferin actually got rid of y white heads and black heads, but I still have red inflammtion.

DOes somebody have a link to a thread/study about strenght comparison of adapalene and tretinoin 0.05?

DOes somebody have a link to a thread/study about strenght comparison of adapalene and tretinoin 0.05?

Ok I now will get 0.05 tret prescription (switch with adapalene), is there anything else I should ask for or should I try tret only for some time? DIfferin actually got rid of y white heads and black heads, but I still have red inflammtion.
Only tret
Once a week, then 3 times week and go to everyday use

Only tret
Once a week, then 3 times week and go to everyday use
Thank you, that's what I was looking for!

Regarding the usage frequency: my skin is used to daily differin, don't you think it would be able to handle tret 0.05 everyday?

Thank you, that's what I was looking for!

Regarding the usage frequency: my skin is used to daily differin, don't you think it would be able to handle tret 0.05 everyday?
Its different substance so you might not handle it at first.

Try taking it slowly as i said earlier

• +1
I'm trying to get rid of my moderate acne (lots of whiteheads along with some papules and pustules). I've been using differin and a benzyol peroxide wash lotion for 8 weeks now, acne improved a bit but I'm still not happy.

I once had nearly clear skin after using topical antibiotics, but then the bacteria probably became resistant. Therefore I'm considering adding duac gel (topical antibiotics) to my routine. Is duac gel (morning)+ benzyol peroxide (afternoon)+ differin (evening) too much? Any advice?
hey bro, your thinking is in the right lane. that is, increasing frequency with noon application. very good. its either increasing frequency or keeping the same frequency and increasing strength, both strategies work well. read Clear Skin by Dr. Kewnneth Flandermeyer. It covers everything related to acne and helped me get rid of my own acne and after that, i helped many other people i know here and irl.

• +1
if you dont wanna take accutane have fun with disfiguring scars JFL

Its funny how people dont even think about fixing the root cause of their acne and instead just treat the symptom which is acne and be hooked up to some topical form of synthetic vit A for years at least..

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: AllEyeWant and LastHopeForNorman
daily differin, don't you think it would be able to handle tret 0.05 everyday
how long have you been on adapalene? i switched to 0.025 after 4 months on adapalene and been on 0.025 for like 6-7 months and introduced 0.05 recently, but had to reduce frequency due to low benefit compared to the issues from it. lmk if you dont know how to introduce new stuff into your routine correctly.

if you dont wanna take accutane have fun with disfiguring scars JFL
Do you know accutane is literally just synthetic vit A in very high dosages that causes vit A toxicity?
Incorporating liver into your diet is pretty much the same thing depending on how much liver you eat. The only difference is you get 0 side effects.

• +1
Reactions: Darwined and AsGoodAsItGets
how long have you been on adapalene? i switched to 0.025 after 4 months on adapalene and been on 0.025 for like 6-7 months and introduced 0.05 recently, but had to reduce frequency due to low benefit compared to the issues from it. lmk if you dont know how to introduce new stuff into your routine correctly.
10 weeks I think. What does "Imk" mean? &what does your acne routine look like If I may ask?

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Its funny how people dont even think about fixing the root cause of their acne and instead just treat the symptom which is acne and be hooked up to some topical form of synthetic vit A for years at least..
What would be the root cause? I already tried elemination diet and it didn't work. I have a pretty decent lifestyle otherwise I'd say regarding health.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman
Do you know accutane is literally just synthetic vit A in very high dosages that causes vit A toxicity?
Incorporating liver into your diet is pretty much the same thing depending on how much liver you eat. The only difference is you get 0 side effects.
Source? Never heard of people treating acne with liver (or just vit. A through diet) but sounds interesting.

This is actually very wrong. Accutane is a derivative of vitamin A. They arent the same compounds at all and it would be naive to think they are substitutes

• +1
Reactions: bruhcel and LastHopeForNorman
What would be the root cause? I already tried elemination diet and it didn't work. I have a pretty decent lifestyle otherwise I'd say regarding health.
You have to find that out yourself. Its different for everyone.

My skin started having acne again recently and only after I started drinking milk kefir and eating some liver did it start to clear up.

Gut health and acne are really closely related. Thats why kefir is so good for acne.

• +1
This is actually very wrong. Accutane is a derivative of vitamin A. They arent the same compounds at all and it would be naive to think they are substitutes
Youre not wrong it is a derivative of Vit A. Do you think a synthetic derivative of Vit A is better than bioavailable actual Vit A from foods like liver?

10 weeks I think. What does "Imk" mean? &what does your acne routine look like If I may ask?
kcool, usually good derms consider 3 months as a guideline for differin to have done its job of retinizing and that is when youd be at a stage when underlying acne have come up to the surface and cleared up, decreasing frequency of acne. lmk-lemme know

wash face-am, pm, noon
benzo per 5% + clind 1% (1:1) - am, noon
retin A 0.025 - pm
0.05 - pm (once a week or so)

read the book, took me like 15 mins to skim and youll learn the fundamentals to handle acne easy (i had massive three head cysts)

Source? Never heard of people treating acne with liver (or just vit. A through diet) but sounds interesting.
Accutane is Vit A right
Liver is Vit A right

Liver is actually whole vitamin A that is highly bioavailable and easily absorbed by your body.

Accutane is a derivative of vit A and synthetic. Youre not even getting the actual vit A. It is not easily absorbed by your body. And you will have symptoms of vitamin A toxicity.

There are no studies that I know that test liver directly to acne. There doesnt need to be any anyway. It just works because it has high amounts of bioavailable vit A.

kcool, usually good derms consider 3 months as a guideline for differin to have done its job of retinizing and that is when youd be at a stage when underlying acne have come up to the surface and cleared up, decreasing frequency of acne. lmk-lemme know

wash face-am, pm, noon
benzo per 5% + clind 1% (1:1) - am, noon
retin A 0.025 - pm
0.05 - pm (once a week or so)

read the book, took me like 15 mins to skim and youll learn the fundamentals to handle acne easy (i had massive three head cysts)
No sunscreen? Do you have a link to the book (free pdf preferred)? I'll look in to it, thanks for the hint

• +1
Accutane is Vit A right
Liver is Vit A right

Liver is actually whole vitamin A that is highly bioavailable and easily absorbed by your body.

Accutane is a derivative of vit A and synthetic. Youre not even getting the actual vit A. It is not easily absorbed by your body. And you will have symptoms of vitamin A toxicity.

There are no studies that I know that test liver directly to acne. There doesnt need to be any anyway. It just works because it has high amounts of bioavailable vit A.
Makes sense but wouldn't you have to eat it everyday?

My skin started having acne again recently and only after I started drinking milk kefir and eating some liver did it start to clear up.

Gut health and acne are really closely related. Thats why kefir is so good for acne.
Gut health is indeed crucial for your wellbeing! I already consume lots of diary, also the ones containing probiotica but my acne stays the same :/

Gut health is indeed crucial for your wellbeing! I already consume lots of diary, also the ones containing probiotica but my acne stays the same :/
Do you mean the ones from supermarket or ones which you ferment them yourself?
Kefir has many many more probiotics than yogurt and etc.
Pasteurized milk is also inflammatory. In fact any diary which is pasteurized is inflammatory.

does that mean that when people go through puberty their gut health somehow goes to shit? jfl that makes no sense
acne is caused by igf 1 and sex hormones which increase sebum production

does that mean that when people go through puberty their gut health somehow goes to shit? jfl that makes no sense
acne is caused by igf 1 and sex hormones which increase sebum production
Your argument makes no sense
First of all I didnt say gut health was the only cause.
Does everybody get acne when they go through puberty?
What do you mean acne is caused by only igf and sex hormones? What specifically happens and why?
Are there no other causes to acne other than what you mention? Gut health? Inflammation? Diet?

What is the quality of the diet of a typical teenager that goes through puberty? Do you think most teenagers eat healthy and quality foods? Genius

Your argument makes no sense
First of all I didnt say gut health was the only cause.
Does everybody get acne when they go through puberty?
What do you mean acne is caused by only igf and sex hormones? What specifically happens and why?
Are there no other causes to acne other than what you mention? Gut health? Inflammation? Diet?

What is the quality of the diet of a typical teenager that goes through puberty? Do you think most teenagers eat healthy and quality foods? Genius
why do people before puberty have 0 acne at all regardless of their shitty diet, inflammation and shitty gut health then?

• +1
why do people before puberty have 0 acne at all regardless of their shitty diet, inflammation and shitty gut health then?
Because the puberty needs to be properly supported. What supports the increase in hormones and etc during puberty?
Why is there a lot of people that dont get acne in puberty?

Because the puberty needs to be properly supported. What supports the increase in hormones and etc during puberty?
Why is there a lot of people that dont get acne in puberty?
You're still missing the point... my point is that IGF 1 and sex hormones increase sebum production which will cause acne which is why before puberty no one has acne regardless of other factors.
Diet can certainly help you with your hormone levels and might have an impact on acne. You're just grasping at straws saying that pasteurized milk will cause acne lmao and eating fermented foods is going to have a significant effect on acne.
Acne is mainly genetic just like hair loss so some people might have the exact same hormone levels and one will have 0 acne at all and one will have severe acne.
Tretinoin and isotretinoin(accutane) work because they reduce the amount of sebum you produce therefore curing your acne.
He should go to a dermatologist and ask him to prescribe him azelaic acid 20% which has been shown to be as effective as 0.05% tretinoin with less irritation. He could also try azelaic acid + tretinoin if azelaic acid alone won't be enough.

Whats ur diet?

• +1
You're still missing the point... my point is that IGF 1 and sex hormones increase sebum production which will cause acne which is why before puberty no one has acne regardless of other factors.
Diet can certainly help you with your hormone levels and might have an impact on acne. You're just grasping at straws saying that pasteurized milk will cause acne lmao and eating fermented foods is going to have a significant effect on acne.
Acne is mainly genetic just like hair loss so some people might have the exact same hormone levels and one will have 0 acne at all and one will have severe acne.
Tretinoin and isotretinoin(accutane) work because they reduce the amount of sebum you produce therefore curing your acne.
He should go to a dermatologist and ask him to prescribe him azelaic acid 20% which has been shown to be as effective as 0.05% tretinoin with less irritation. He could also try azelaic acid + tretinoin if azelaic acid alone won't be enough.
Acne, genetic? 😂
Now only hormone levels cause acne apparently
Ok sure, so lets say igf 1 and sex hormones are higher because someone just got into puberty. Are you saying gut health does not help control sebum production and keep inflammation down?

What about when these people get out of puberty and still have acne but normal hormone levels?

Gut health is related to acne man.

In fact gut health and diversity is linked to literally everything in your body. Even bone health

Acne, genetic? 😂

Now only hormone levels cause acne apparently

Ok sure, so lets say igf 1 and sex hormones are higher because someone just got into puberty. Are you saying gut health does not help control sebum production and keep inflammation down?

What about when these people get out of puberty and still have acne but normal hormone levels?

Gut health is related to acne man.

In fact gut health and diversity is linked to literally everything in your body. Even bone health
there's no point in arguing with you when you think vitamin a and Accutane are the same thing:lul:

• +1
Dnrd swallow 80mg accutane daily