Bioavailability Looksmaxxing Guide: You Are Taking Supplements Incorrectly!

enchanted_elixir

enchanted_elixir

Offline. Verify all of my claims & DYOR!

Bioavailability Looksmaxxing Guide: You Are Taking Supplements Incorrectly!​

by @enchanted_elixir

Table Of Contents​

• Introduction
  • Why You're Taking Supplements Incorrectly?
  • What You Can Do To Increase Bioavailability?
  • Conclusion

Introduction​

So I was looking through my mega-list of vitamins while watching Tattiana Sforza and some nutritionist YouTube Channels such as "Boost Your Biology" to learn how to increase the bioavailability of glutathione, lutein, and some other antioxidants for my looksmaxxing goals because if I were to take glutathione orally, it'll be expensive beyond means, laborious and also annoying to be downing a half-dozen of pills daily for one supplement, and this gave me the idea to make this thread because we have been taking supplements incorrectly (well, kind of).

Why You're Taking Supplements Incorrectly?​

When we take regular supplements, it gets into our esophagus and goes down to our stomach. Our stomachs break down the pill and absorb the contents inside of it. Then takes what remains of it and sends it into the bloodstream. Here's the problem though, when we do this we decrease the bioavailability (percentage of the supplement that gets absorbed by the body) of the supplement as the stomach acid actually burns a significant portion of the contents of the pill before taking all of it into our bloodstream. The absorption rate is below 40% for oral supplements. This is the main problem with taking pills. It is not like it is a big problem, but if you are trying to maximize the bioavailability of certain supplements, this will be a crucial factor that you will have to consider.

What You Can Do To Increase Bioavailability?​

There are a few ways we can actually increase bioavailability. Note! Not all supplements have bioavailable counterparts, and you'll have to stick with the regular version. To find your higher bioavailable supplements, search up "Liposomal [insert supplement here]", "Sublingual [insert supplement here] tablets", or "[insert supplement here] injections".
  • Liposomal Absorption: Liposomes essentially shield the contents of the pill from being degraded and broken down by the body, thus allowing more nutrients available to be utilized. The absorption rate is around 90%.
  • Sublingual Absorption: This method of absorption is basically putting a tablet under your tongue and leaving it there to dissolve after thirty seconds, then swallowing. The supplement bypasses digestion and gets directly into your bloodstream. You can also do this with a liquid supplement as well (same instructions, put the liquid under your tongue, keep it there, then swallow after a minute)! This method of absorption is quick as it goes directly into the bloodstream and doesn't have to go to the stomach and get digested first. The absorption rate is around 60-90% as well depending on how long you keep it under your tongue and how well your sublingual area absorbs it. It can be lower if done improperly and can be up to 97% if done very successfully. I actually performed this an hour ago with powdered Vitamin K2 (ripping open the pill) and I feel like my vessels in my sublingual area are saturated with Vitamin K2 (a very minor ache). I can say I felt a little different after that, not what would usually happen taking it orally. Just an anecdote though...
  • Injecting Supplements: Most annoying method but this has a 100% absorption rate as it is literally being injected directly into your bloodstream.

Conclusion​

"UgH, mEGAdOsinG ViTAmIn K2 fOr bOne GroWtH is CoPe MaN..."
No dumbass, you're taking a mini-sized Vitamin K2 pill with shit bioavailability, so you aren't getting enough to make a difference.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: 147, Deleted member 32926, Deleted member 8771 and 26 others
@AscendingHero, Please check your DMs, I need this thread moved to the Looksmax Section Please.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
@Lygodactylus @8PSLcel @Br0sk1 @PrinceLuenLeoncur @Chadeep @LMSMaxxer @Xangsane @PearlHandledDeck @ArvidGustavsson @mulattomaxxer @RottenSperg @StrangerDanger @Predeterminism @FiveFootSix56 @gamma @Prettyboy @SupremeSubhuman @Mogpogs @Piratecel @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Preoximerianas @tyronelite @Tyronecell @FailedNormieManlet @Lars

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lars, Chadeep, StrangerDanger and 1 other person
Just take Tren

inject vit d theory?

• JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 17829 and bogii
Do people really supplement stuff like vitamin K2? Like why not just eat meat, organs, dairy, eggs etc

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Racky
i only use liquid supps they absorb better

Do people really supplement stuff like vitamin K2? Like why not just eat meat, organs, dairy, eggs etc
I do for elevated levels for bone growth

Last edited:
@AscendingHero. I was editing this thread and time ran out, can you add this for me, please? (I will try to prevent this next time, and add it under Sublingual Absorption)
----
  • Liquid Absorption: Liquids are absorbed through the body as it descends through the digestive system VERY QUICKLY, increasing bioavailability (I do not know by how much though). A biological bonus is that there isn't any breakdown involved. With a pill vitamin, your body first has to break apart the capsule or tablet to get to the micronutrients housed inside. In most cases, this extra step not only decreases the efficiency of vitamin absorption but also limits the nutritional bioavailability, which is not ideal for supplementation intended to boost our health. It is also much easier for the stomach to absorb.
----

Last edited:

View attachment 1699550

by @enchanted_elixir

Table Of Contents​

• Introduction
  • Conclusion

Introduction​

So I was looking through my mega-list of vitamins while watching Tattiana Sforza and some nutritionist YouTube Channels such as "Boost Your Biology" to learn how to increase the bioavailability of glutathione, lutein, and some other antioxidants for my looksmaxxing goals because if I were to take glutathione orally, it'll be expensive beyond means, laborious and also annoying to be downing a half-dozen of pills daily for one supplement, and this gave me the idea to make this thread because we have been taking supplements incorrectly (well, kind of).

When we take regular supplements, it gets into our esophagus and goes down to our stomach. Our stomachs break down the pill and absorb the contents inside of it. Then takes what remains of it and sends it into the bloodstream. Here's the problem though, when we do this we decrease the bioavailability (percentage of the supplement that gets absorbed by the body) of the supplement as the stomach acid actually burns a significant portion of the contents of the pill before taking all of it into our bloodstream. The absorption rate is below 40% for oral supplements. This is the main problem with taking pills. It is not like it is a big problem, but if you are trying to maximize the bioavailability of certain supplements, this will be a crucial factor that you will have to consider.

There are a few ways we can actually increase bioavailability. Note! Not all supplements have bioavailable counterparts, and you'll have to stick with the regular version. To find your higher bioavailable supplements, search up "Liposomal [insert supplement here]", "Sublingual [insert supplement here] tablets", or "[insert supplement here] injections".
  • Liposomal Absorption: Liposomes essentially shield the contents of the pill from being degraded and broken down by the body, thus allowing more nutrients available to be utilized. The absorption rate is around 90%.
  • Sublingual Absorption: This method of absorption is basically putting a tablet under your tongue and leaving it there to dissolve after thirty seconds, then swallowing. The supplement bypasses digestion and gets directly into your bloodstream. You can also do this with a liquid supplement as well (same instructions, put the liquid under your tongue, keep it there, then swallow after a minute)! This method of absorption is quick as it goes directly into the bloodstream and doesn't have to go to the stomach and get digested first. The absorption rate is around 60-90% as well depending on how long you keep it under your tongue and how well your sublingual area absorbs it. It can be lower if done improperly and can be up to 97% if done very successfully. I actually performed this an hour ago with powdered Vitamin K2 (ripping open the pill) and I feel like my vessels in my sublingual area are saturated with Vitamin K2 (a very minor ache). I can say I felt a little different after that, not what would usually happen taking it orally. Just an anecdote though...
  • Injecting Supplements: Most annoying method but this has a 100% absorption rate as it is literally being injected directly into your bloodstream.

Conclusion​

No dumbass, you're taking a mini-sized Vitamin K2 pill with shit bioavailability, so you aren't getting enough to make a difference.
Fuck i love this user 😋

He was sent by Allah for us🤲🏻🤲🏻🤲🏻🔥💀

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife, Lars, Deleted member 17344 and 1 other person
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: russwestbrook and KING REIDYZ
I was on this forum and people kept saying sublingual. I didn't know what it was at the time and read it as subliminal, thought they were just fucking with me jfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: KING REIDYZ and enchanted_elixir
I was on this forum and people kept saying sublingual. I didn't know what it was at the time and read it as subliminal, thought they were just fucking with me jfl

• JFL
Reactions: sayi, crimclown63, KING REIDYZ and 4 others
Cool

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
ok so now what? we're meant to inject vitamins?

can u make this advice actionable pls bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard and russwestbrook
so supplements in a capsule, would it be a good idea to break the capsule and then put all the powder inside under the tongue to absorb?

ok so now what? we're meant to inject vitamins?

can u make this advice actionable pls bro
It is, the next time you search for a supplement, try to find it in the three forms I mentioned above or in liquid form. I thought people would intuitively understand this.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 17829
so supplements in a capsule, would it be a good idea to break the capsule and then put all the powder inside under the tongue to absorb?
It can possibly work, I tried it before. Dissolvement is an issue though.

View attachment 1699550

by @enchanted_elixir

Table Of Contents​

• Introduction
  • Conclusion

Introduction​

Conclusion​

Nice thread. This makes sense actually i take melatonin and i preferred the capsulized variant because i was ocd about consuming anything before bed but i got the pill version once by accident and decided to look at ingredients and i saw the instructions were to hold the pill lublingually for a minute. It put me to sleep so fast and i had been taking up to three 10mg capsules with no effect like a dummy:feelsuhh:

• Love it
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
Nice thread. This makes sense actually i take melatonin and i preferred the capsulized variant because i was ocd about consuming anything before bed but i got the pill version once by accident and decided to look at ingredients and i saw the instructions were to hold the pill lublingually for a minute. It put me to sleep so fast and i had been taking up to three 10mg capsules with no effect like a dummy:feelsuhh:
Yeah, absorption is very important!

Only some supplements will absorb this way, some won't, some can even damage your mouth or teeth(Vitamin C is quite acidic and can cause burns for example).

• +1
Reactions: russwestbrook
Good thread, I think you should talk also about the synergic absorption when combining supplement or food.

For example iron + vitamin C.
Some spices like curcumin with meat.
Pepper + everythings (increase permeability)
Casein (increase permeability too)

And also the bad combo which decrease absorption.
Like iron and green tea.
Magnesium and calcium (they compete for absorption)

There are many more but I can only recall this by head

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
Only some supplements will absorb this way, some won't, some can even damage your mouth or teeth(Vitamin C is quite acidic and can cause burns for example).
Yeah, how easy it dissolves is definitely a big factor. Did this with Vitamin K2 and my sublingual area ached for a few dozen hours.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Gonthar
Good thread, I think you should talk also about the synergic absorption when combining supplement or food.

For example iron + vitamin C.
Some spices like curcumin with meat.
Pepper + everythings (increase permeability)
Casein (increase permeability too)

And also the bad combo which decrease absorption.
Like iron and green tea.
Magnesium and calcium (they compete for absorption)

There are many more but I can only recall this by head
Didn't know about this whatsoever. Thanks nonetheless!

• Love it
Reactions: KDA Player
Yeah, how easy it dissolves is definitely a big factor. Did this with Vitamin K2 and my sublingual area ached for a few dozen hours.
Be careful, some people claim they grew bony protrusions in their mouth after taking K2 drops...

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and FreakkForLife
Be careful, some people claim they grew bony protrusions in their mouth after taking K2 drops...
I did the opening capsule method just to try it.

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
We are always learning bro, this is how we recognize knowledgeable people, they have a insatiable thirst for it.
Definitely. Someone posted a thread here on the forum that "We have figured out all of the looksmaxxes, which is just not true."

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife and KDA Player
Is it better to take vitamin k2 in capsule/pills/sunblingual-tablets or in drops (liquid) ?
for some reason the liquid version is way more expenive...

I actually performed this an hour ago with powdered Vitamin K2 (ripping open the pill) and I feel like my vessels in my sublingual area are saturated with Vitamin K2 (a very minor ache). I can say I felt a little different after that, not what would usually happen taking it orally. Just an anecdote though...
Can I do this with minerals?
I'm taking 400mg of magnesium before going to sleep (2 pills) but would I absorb more magnesium if I ripped open the pill and put the powder beneath my tongue for 30sec then swallowed? (sublingual absorption)

Can I do this with minerals?
I'm taking 400mg of magnesium before going to sleep (2 pills) but would I absorb more magnesium if I ripped open the pill and put the powder beneath my tongue for 30sec then swallowed? (sublingual absorption)
Yes

Also, do you think it's better to use vitamin k2 mk4 in pill or liquid version?
There's this dude who literally started rubbing it into his balls and "is getting results" :lul:

What do you think Mr.enchanted_elixir?

Also, do you think it's better to use vitamin k2 mk4 in pill or liquid version?
There's this dude who literally started rubbing it into his balls and "is getting results" :lul:

What do you think Mr.enchanted_elixir?
The liquid form is absorbed quicker into the body as it's easier to process and doesn't stay in the body rotting while waiting to be processed. I would recommend finding liposomal vitamin k2

@Lygodactylus @8PSLcel @Br0sk1 @PrinceLuenLeoncur @Chadeep @LMSMaxxer @Xangsane @PearlHandledDeck @ArvidGustavsson @mulattomaxxer @RottenSperg @StrangerDanger @Predeterminism @FiveFootSix56 @gamma @Prettyboy @SupremeSubhuman @Mogpogs @Piratecel @PURE ARYAN GENETICS @Preoximerianas @tyronelite @Tyronecell @FailedNormieManlet @Lars

Could you create links to all of the lookaxing threads created by you?

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: gggg3333, KING REIDYZ and Kroker
H
@AscendingHero. I was editing this thread and time ran out, can you add this for me, please? (I will try to prevent this next time, and add it under Sublingual Absorption)
----
  • Liquid Absorption: Liquids are absorbed through the body as it descends through the digestive system VERY QUICKLY, increasing bioavailability (I do not know by how much though). A biological bonus is that there isn't any breakdown involved. With a pill vitamin, your body first has to break apart the capsule or tablet to get to the micronutrients housed inside. In most cases, this extra step not only decreases the efficiency of vitamin absorption but also limits the nutritional bioavailability, which is not ideal for supplementation intended to boost our health. It is also much easier for the stomach to absorb.
----
Hey,what if we grind/crush a pill then mix it with a suitable solvent like olive oil/water(depending on the nature of the tablet).
Will that count in liquid absorption and will that increase the bioavailability?

Also, please tag me in your threads,they are excellent:ogre:

• +1
H

Hey,what if we grind/crush a pill then mix it with a suitable solvent like olive oil/water(depending on the nature of the tablet).
Will that count in liquid absorption and will that increase the bioavailability?

Also, please tag me in your threads,they are excellent:ogre:
You're on my tag list, I think. Tell me if you aren't.
It's possible to do that as well, I don't think I'm the best to ask though about fabricating liquid supplements.

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife
@reptiles

• Love it
Reactions: reptiles
  • +1
What dose of K2 do you suggest? To increase bone mass