Can You Take Too Much Hydrolyzed Collagen Powder?

T

theanonymousone

Bronze
Hey everyone

I used to take collagen powder in the recommended amount but I ran out and never got around to reordering it until now. So I was wondering, can you take too much of this stuff? The recommended serving size is one scoop, which is 6.6 grams of collagen. What would happen if you double that, one in the morning/afternoon and one at night before bed? I'm not talking about like stomach upset or anything, I doubt that will happen unless I down a whole tub of the stuff. I mean would it be worse in any way?

Thanks

Hey everyone

I used to take collagen powder in the recommended amount but I ran out and never got around to reordering it until now. So I was wondering, can you take too much of this stuff? The recommended serving size is one scoop, which is 6.6 grams of collagen. What would happen if you double that, one in the morning/afternoon and one at night before bed? I'm not talking about like stomach upset or anything, I doubt that will happen unless I down a whole tub of the stuff. I mean would it be worse in any way?

Thanks
Don't do it.

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone
Don't do it.

I used to just take one heaped scoop (so a little more than the recommended) with no side effects and I felt totally normal, I'm just wondering if there's a point of diminishing returns.

No lol, it's just a dietary protein. Could have asked as well "Can you eat too much bone broth?" jfl. It'll only be a waste of money.

• +1
Reactions: FMLplus and theanonymousone
No lol, it's just a dietary protein. Could have asked as well "Can you eat too much bone broth?" jfl. It'll only be a waste of money.

That's completely different, if you eat too much bone broth you turn into a hipster, it's dangerous.

Of course you can consume to much collagen, just like you can consume to much whey protein, they are both protein.
you'd have to intake like 500grams of collagen for it to be dangerous to your kidneys.

• +1
It is waste of money to eat collagen, the body breaks down collagen into amino acids. If you want to insert collagen in the blood would be a better idea.

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone and autistic_tendencies
You can take up to 30 g of collagen power

• +1
You can take up to 30 g of collagen power

View attachment 112767

Interesting thanks everyone

The serving size is 1 scoop for 6.6 grams of collagen, so I assume two scoops would be more or less the average then.

I might supplement glycine by itself as well once I figure out how much glycine is in the collagen powder.

13g is not some much protein that it would be any problem.

• +1