CCW and impaction/posterior downgraft

SixCRY

SixCRY

Mistral
This question is for @Sergio-OMS and/or @RealSurgerymax

I was reading a study where it says that 3mm impaction = 11 degree CCW

So it will be the same for posterior downgraft at PNS:
3mm posterior downgraft from PNS = 11 degree CCW

I'm asking cuz it's seems strange to me that only 3mm can make 11 degree so i need confirmation

@Sergio-OMS @RealSurgerymax

The study was talking about in that specific individual. The fact this is jaw surgery doesnt change basic rules of geometry.

3mm anterior downgraft will change the angle at PNS in different individuals based on the length of their maxilla from PNS-ANS.

Its not a rule that a certain amount of downgraft = a certain amount of degree change.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
The study was talking about in that specific individual. The fact this is jaw surgery doesnt change basic rules of geometry.

3mm anterior downgraft will change the angle at PNS in different individuals based on the length of their maxilla from PNS-ANS.

Its not a rule that a certain amount of downgraft = a certain amount of degree change.
Ok i understand but that means even this kind of small amount is like ALOT
I always thought u need 7-10mm of downgraft to get big CCW which is not the case

But would you say that for exemple 3mm posterior downgraft will do a minimum of a range CCW (like 5-10 CCW)

Attachments

• 0EBBDD89-8410-4441-ABF3-C84A073BCF0E.jpeg
    0EBBDD89-8410-4441-ABF3-C84A073BCF0E.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 27
Ok i understand but that means even this kind of small amount is like ALOT
I always thought u need 7-10mm of downgraft to get big CCW which is not the case

But would you say that for exemple 3mm posterior downgraft will do a minimum of a range CCW (like 5-10 CCW)
5 probably . You should just worry about what plan is best for you…