Does anyone have any theories about hair loss that go against mainstream "science"?

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

If anyone has any theories on hair loss that are different to the mainstream "just take finasteride and DHT is a useless hormone", i'd like to hear you out. You can DM me if you don't want to publicly talk about it.
I have a few but most people dismiss them because there aren't any notable studies.

• Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
Hair transplant or go next life

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: the next o'pry, JohnDoe and 5'7 zoomer
dht causes many downstream effects that cause hair loss, you can try to inihibit every single one of them which is borderline impossible because of lack of information and studies or you can just take fin. though dht has been shown to cause damage to follicles from men with mpb-associated genes in an isolated petri dish so i really doubt there is a non cope way of stopping hairloss for 98% of norwood sufferers that doesnt include hormone manipulation

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
dht causes many downstream effects that cause hair loss, you can try to inihibit every single one of them which is borderline impossible because of lack of information and studies or you can just take fin. though dht has been shown to cause damage to follicles from men with mpb-associated genes in an isolated petri dish so i really doubt there is a non cope way of stopping hairloss for 98% of norwood sufferers that doesnt include hormone manipulation
The problem is that DHT is not a "useless" hormone in men, PFS is real, the side-effects are understated, atleast the percentages are. I wish they would just cure this shit without us having to fuck with our hormones. Messing around with your hormones never ends well in the long run no matter how good your genetics are.

• JFL
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski
Hair transplant or go next life
Yes but most people who shill finasteride will say you need to take it after a transplant, the transplanted hair is resistant but they say you'll keep thinning, maybe, maybe not. I still don't think it's necessary to take fin after a transplant. If your donor area isn't so bad, you can just get another transplant 4 years down the line when necessary, it would still be better than being on fin imo.

The problem is that DHT is not a "useless" hormone in men, PFS is real, the side-effects are understated, atleast the percentages are. I wish they would just cure this shit without us having to fuck with our hormones. Messing around with your hormones never ends well in the long run no matter how good your genetics are.
how would it be real if the half life of fin is 8 hours lol. There is no way for it to cause sides if the fin is out of the system and DHT is back to normal.

"A literature review of adverse side effects associated with 5αRIs shows that persistent sexual side effects were only documented in low-quality studies with strong bias selection as participants were part of an Internet blog. The only high-quality study documenting persistent sexual side effects showed that these were more frequent in the placebo than in the treatment group, implying that the effects were not necessarily related to the treatment." (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5264352/)

there is literally no proof whatsoever that it exists. Also, DHT is not useless, it's harmful (past tanner stage 5)

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Tenshi, LegitUser and JohnDoe
how would it be real if the half life of fin is 8 hours lol. There is no way for it to cause sides if the fin is out of the system and DHT is back to normal.

"A literature review of adverse side effects associated with 5αRIs shows that persistent sexual side effects were only documented in low-quality studies with strong bias selection as participants were part of an Internet blog. The only high-quality study documenting persistent sexual side effects showed that these were more frequent in the placebo than in the treatment group, implying that the effects were not necessarily related to the treatment." (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5264352/)

there is literally no proof whatsoever that it exists. Also, DHT is not useless, it's harmful (past tanner stage 5)
The DHT itself might not be causing PFS but it has a cascade effect on other hormones/neurological effect. I'm not going to argue with someone who claims thousands of people are faking it because of whatever. Fin shills should not bother replying to this thread, you people are cancer and come like flys to shit whenever someone wants to talk about hair loss that doesn't involve that tranny drug.

The DHT itself might not be causing PFS but it has a cascade effect on other hormones/neurological effect. I'm not going to argue with someone who claims thousands of people are faking it because of whatever. Fin shills should not bother replying to this thread, you people are cancer and come like flys to shit whenever someone wants to talk about hair loss that doesn't involve that tranny drug.
a lot of people are faking it. There was a lot of money to be made by suing Merck which is where most of these claims emerged from (also the "depression" label was added to prevent lawsuits not because of any actual evidence) PFS just mysteriously appeared out of nowhere in the 2010s. A lot of people also experienced nocebo effect or blamed their preexisting problems on the PFS boogeyman, perhaps as a way to cope.

yes, people are keen to correct misinformation that's not based on any evidence whatsoever. hair loss is not the exception from this. How am i shilling for fin when my OG response contained JUST facts???

tranny drug :feelsuhh:. by taking fin you are getting more T which acts throughout your whole body instead of DHT which acts only on the tissues where it is produced (scalp, skin, prostate) It's the opposite of a tranny drug unless you consider acne and hair loss masculinizing

DHT obviously but beyond that I feel like people don't talk about loss of micro circulation as we age enough that likely leads to miniraurizarion in the first place