Father’s Alcohol Consumption Before Conception Linked To Brain And Facial Defects In Offspring

G

GlamGuru

Iron
Fetal alcohol syndrome-related craniofacial differences could be seen in offspring born to fathers who regularly consumed as little alcohol as the legal limit.
Recent research challenges existing dogma about that links fetal alcohol syndrome only to the mother's drinking.

“We found that male exposures actually drive certain craniofacial differences much stronger than maternal exposures do, so this programming effect that’s coming through sperm has a profound effect on the organization of the face and the growth and proportion of different facial features,” Golding said. “When it was the dad drinking, we saw a profound shift in the organization of the face.”

"FAS is hard to diagnose, but when doing so, doctors currently look for abnormal facial features; lower-than-average weight, height or both; central nervous system problems such as a small head size, problems with attention and hyperactivity or poor coordination; and verification of maternal alcohol use during pregnancy."

Thoughts? It used to be a mother's thing only, now in 2023, new research finds that father drinking has a significant role as well.
Anyone here suspect to have this condition?

this guy's dad might have drank, my dad drank because of a party and had sex 2 hours later, and i look kind of like OP. my mom never drank.

• WTF
Reactions: hiwasuwor
yeah 1 month before one procreates he should stop drinking, smoking and eat heatlhier to increase the health of his sperm

• +1
Reactions: Mister Fuwy