Glucosamine, MSM, SAM-E and Chondroitin Discussion

D

Deleted member 19152

Gold
Since this forum has of opinions against and in favor of this things, can someone elab a reasoning
for any of this substances to be in favor or against heightmaxxing.

Thank you bros.

Glucosamine and Chondroitin
Some authors have suggested that supplementation with glucosamine sulfate, alone or in combination with chondroitin sulfate, can stimulate regeneration of this cartilage through chondrogenesis of mesenchymal cells and reduce the risk of cartilage damage via proteoglycan synthesis
  • Glucosamine is a precursor to a molecule called a glycosaminoglycan-this molecule is used in the formation and repair of cartilage.
  • Chondroitin is the most abundant glycosaminoglycan in cartilage and is responsible for the resiliency of cartilage.

Cons: People say it worsen growth but idk why this article is quoted to say glucosamine decreases IGF-1 but tbh im not sure thats true, could yall revise it?

Pros:
They will help your joint and spine health for gymcells. For height they are supposed to maintain your morning height.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4286662/
This study talks about growth plate proliferation in rats but idk how it applies for our intentions.

SAM-E
Helps DNA methylation, im not gonna go in depth about how it does it.

(Growth plate senescence is associated with loss of DNA methylatiom)-almost all of us know this.

I dont know any cons of sam-e, I recommend it. Please debate me this on comments

MSM

Check this threat about msm-> thread

Honestly i think msm is the best one from this list.

Thanks for checking this out, please if you disagree comment about it.

Im really knew into this so dont take this as a doc advice, take care bozos.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693, mafiaboy and Lux
Dont let this thread die, i put effort on it :(
any high iq can help?
@FreakkForLife
@Niko
@morticious

• +1
Reactions: Lux, FreakkForLife and currylightskin
freakkforlife likes glucosamine and chondroitin :feelshmm:

SAMe can reduce dopmaine i think

Since this forum has of opinions against and in favor of this things, can someone elab a reasoning

Thank you bros.

Some authors have suggested that supplementation with glucosamine sulfate, alone or in combination with chondroitin sulfate, can stimulate regeneration of this cartilage through chondrogenesis of mesenchymal cells and reduce the risk of cartilage damage via proteoglycan synthesis
  • Glucosamine is a precursor to a molecule called a glycosaminoglycan-this molecule is used in the formation and repair of cartilage.
  • Chondroitin is the most abundant glycosaminoglycan in cartilage and is responsible for the resiliency of cartilage.

Cons: People say it worsen growth but idk why this article is quoted to say glucosamine decreases IGF-1 but tbh im not sure thats true, could yall revise it?

Pros:
They will help your joint and spine health for gymcells. For height they are supposed to maintain your morning height.
This study talks about growth plate proliferation in rats but idk how it applies for our intentions.

SAM-E

(Growth plate senescence is associated with loss of DNA methylatiom)-almost all of us know this.

I dont know any cons of sam-e, I recommend it. Please debate me this on comments

MSM

Glucosamine and Chondroitin help you maintain your morning height throughout the day.

Dont let this thread die, i put effort on it :(
any high iq can help?
@FreakkForLife
@Niko
@morticious
You haven't seen "effort"

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21531
OP I have the two main ones for bone health, i.e. MSM and glucosamine (also D3 and K2), do I still really need the chondroitin and SAM-e on top of those?

Thank you bros.

Pros:

SAM-E

MSM

U can take msm ,but i am against glucsoamine,maybe when u get 6'0+ and u are 20+,u could take Glucosamine then

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
U can take msm ,but i am against glucsoamine,maybe when u get 6'0+ and u are 20+,u could take Glucosamine then
whats the problem with glucosamine

• +1
Reactions: mathis and Deleted member 19152
  • Woah
Reactions: thereallegend
this is the study i quoted on my post, but this study doesnt mean glucosamine reduces igf-1

JFL
An overnight exposure to glucosamine markedly attenuated the effects of insulin and IGF-I in stimulating glycogen synthesis

This is related to exposure of glucosamine to Hep G2 cells, a liver cancer cell,
downregulating the effect of IGF-1 in glycogen synthesis, nothing related to tissue growth.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend and zoomertrader
N
JFL
An overnight exposure to glucosamine markedly attenuated the effects of insulin and IGF-I in stimulating glycogen synthesis

This is related to exposure of glucosamine to Hep G2 cells, a liver cancer cell,
downregulating the effect of IGF-1 in glycogen synthesis, nothing related to tissue growth.
No,lol, read the study he linked

U
JFL

Now I have read both studies,they are a bit confusing,according to anti-glucosamine study, glucosamine decreases phosphorylation of insulin receptors and decreases insulin and igf1-based stimulation of igf1 and insulin.

While your study says that it helps in protecting chondrocytes from inflammation,so its bad and good in different ways

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19152

Thank you bros.

Pros:

SAM-E

MSM

I just red the article and realized that it doesnt claim reduction of igf-1.

• +1
Reactions: zoomertrader
U

Now I have read both studies,they are a bit confusing,according to anti-glucosamine study, glucosamine decreases phosphorylation of insulin receptors and decreases insulin and igf1-based stimulation of igf1 and insulin.

While your study says that it helps in protecting chondrocytes from inflammation,so its bad and good in different ways
How do you translate the decrease in phosphorylation of IR and HR to less bone growth from IGF-1.

Tomorrow I will send another study related to growth factor and glucosamine.

Also

The combination of insulin plus IGF-I was a more potent stimulus of HR phosphorylation than either agent alone, and this combination was also more potent in partially reversing the inhibitory effect of glucosamine. Taken together, these findings indicate that glucosamine induces a loss of sensitivity to stimulation of insulin, IGF-I, or HR tyrosine kinase activity by insulin or IGF-I. Although insulin is able to partially reverse the effect of glucosamine on IR phosphorylation, it has a very minimal effect on glucosamine-induced inhibition of HR phosphorylation. However, the combination of IGF-I and insulin induces a major increase in HR phosphorylation, even in the presence of glucosamine, suggesting that it is improving the sensitivity of the HR to insulin activation.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend and FreakkForLife
  • +1
Reactions: mafiaboy
How do you translate the decrease in phosphorylation of IR and HR to less bone growth from IGF-1.

Also

The combination of insulin plus IGF-I was a more potent stimulus of HR phosphorylation than either agent alone, and this combination was also more potent in partially reversing the inhibitory effect of glucosamine. Taken together, these findings indicate that glucosamine induces a loss of sensitivity to stimulation of insulin, IGF-I, or HR tyrosine kinase activity by insulin or IGF-I. Although insulin is able to partially reverse the effect of glucosamine on IR phosphorylation, it has a very minimal effect on glucosamine-induced inhibition of HR phosphorylation. However, the combination of IGF-I and insulin induces a major increase in HR phosphorylation, even in the presence of glucosamine, suggesting that it is improving the sensitivity of the HR to insulin activation.
Yeah,but who is gonna inject igf1 and insulin to counter the bad effects of glucosamine?

• Hmm...
Reactions: mafiaboy
Yeah,but who is gonna inject igf1 and insulin to counter the bad effects of glucosamine?
Just eat carbs and have high igf-1, honestly im going to take glucosamine, i think we need a better approach to this cause we aint professionals on this.

B
Just eat carbs and have high igf-1, honestly im going to take glucosamine, i think we need a better approach to this cause we aint professionals on this.
But glucsoamine barely gives 0.5 inch,also the shorter u are the lesser the gains from Glucosamine

opinions on msm?

Good.
Hey u found the k2 jaw widening source.
Are u still interested?
yes im still interested and i still mega dose,my back hurts like hell and my plate seems like it exppanded cuz overbite is worse

yes im still interested and i still mega dose,my back hurts like hell and my plate seems like it exppanded cuz overbite is worse
mega dose k2? why

that thread where the guy showed the study and 50% igf-1 decrease scared me away from glucosamine imo

Thank you bros.

Pros:

SAM-E

MSM

Okay but do I have to stay on Gluco for life to keep morning height or just stay on it for a few months? Also will it prevent me from growing further though

Aaaagh hell NAH BRO

ANOTHER TUMOR MAXING HEIGHT STACK:feelskek:
Reminds me of that kid in 2020 who made a huge stack claiming to grow 1-2 inches a month using shit load of compounds just to be exposed that it causes literal brain tumor instead of height

• JFL
Reactions: FreakkForLife and TeenAscender
Aaaagh hell NAH BRO

ANOTHER TUMOR MAXING HEIGHT STACK:feelskek:
Reminds me of that kid in 2020 who made a huge stack claiming to grow 1-2 inches a month using shit load of compounds just to be exposed that it causes literal brain tumor instead of height
@Henry_Gandy ? Nah bruh hes enlightened now

PS you were an extreme heightmaxxer back in those days but ur still 5'8 :feelskek: but ur chad tho so its all g

PS you were an extreme heightmaxxer back in those days but ur still 5'8 :feelskek: but ur chad tho so its all g
Chad 12 is 5'8?
I thought he was 5'10-6'0?

Ywah I wanted to spend my entire summer salary on that shit until I realized it cuased cancer and that height is cope

Now I stand proud at 5'9

Ywah I wanted to spend my entire summer salary on that shit until I realized it cuased cancer and that height is cope

Now I stand proud at 5'9
i wish i got cancer in pituitary gland and grow to 8 foot

• +1
Reactions: Chad69
Take the VAX and put the mask goy

U

What r your thoughts on glucosamine now?

What r your thoughts on glucosamine now?
Mixed.

But if u go without glucosamine,it would be better.

But if u can blast insulin (has side effects so beware) and igf1 lr3/rIGF1 then u can take Glucosamine,but the reward from Glucosamine is not so big so it isn't worth the cost/effort(taking insulin and igf1 just for taking Glucosamine)

Also

Maybe you're onto something here