Guide: How to Careermaxx the most effective way (BANKING AND FINANCE) - HIGH EFFORT

Deleted member 8583

Deleted member 8583

ice trae
Investment banking salaries are through the roof, with even higher bonuses. Working an IB FO (front office) job for 5-10 years will give you enough money to afford Lefort 3, 50 times over. This is the most effective route to careermaxx then surgerymaxx, and I'll be telling you how to do it.

With all good things in life, you're going to need a good base. By this I mean academics wise. You must have stellar high school grades (or A-level grades for fellow UKcels). Im talking near top of the class, so I hope you've been studymaxxing (for youngcels reading this, study as hard as u fucking can right now if ur not a PSL 6, as you're going to need this guide). You must also be attending a target university in your country (these are universities that are targeted by top investment banks and make up most of the analyst classes). For USA this includes the Ivy's, particularly Harvard and Wharton. For Europe, this includes Polytechnique, ENSAE, Mines, Dauphine, HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, SSE, RSM, HSG, Bocconi, Mannheim. For UK this includes LSE, Oxbridge, UCL, Warwick.

How to Investment Bankingmaxx?

1) Sign up to WSO (Wall Street oasis). JFL if you haven't already, you're not even trying. Download all of their templates for CV's and Cover letters, then ask the nerdcels on there to 'roast your CV'. These guys are as obsessed with CV's as the people here are with facial ratios and gonion angles. Take their analysis and advice, then adapt your CV until its psl 8 gigachad tier. Also, and I can't stress how important this is. Buy the WSO Excel Modelling course (https://il130.infusionsoft.app/app/...okieUUID=3eefcbb9-c30e-4921-9e70-0a1e5f05f9c3). Excel is arguably the most important tool in IB so an in-depth knowledge taught from an actual banker will be invaluable. You can then list this under the skills section of your CV and mention it in every cover letter.

2) Buy a Financial Times subscription and then buy 10 lever arched folders from Amazon. Dedicate each folder to a different investment bank (one for Goldman, one for Barclays, one for BAML, one for JPM etc). Collect as much information on each of these banks as you can (LGBT practices, diversity policies, deals they've conducted, podcasts they do, recent news about restructuring etc, their core values). The more you know about the banks individually, the better you can tailor your cover letter to them. Read the FT everyday and everytime you see one of these big banks' names pop up with an article, read it-> understand it-> put it into your folder.

3) Network as much as you fucking can. Sign up to all the networking events offered by these banks on their websites (even the ones designed for blacks and LGBT) and your universities careers portals (if you go to a target uni, there will certainly be events.) Go to these in person or virtual events and ask questions about recent deals they've closed or more about their roles at the bank. Then ask them if there's anyone they can refer you to speak to in order to find out more about the bank and opportunities offered. Get the people you talked to's business card. Set a google reminder for their company and division (e.g. tell google to send you notifications on M&A activity at Goldman Sachs). If you see they close a deal, send the person you talked to from the division a congratulatory email. This holds you higher in their esteems and is valuable networking. Now you can successfully name drop these people you've talked to in your cover letter (highly favourable, almost guaranteed success in the Cover letter section). Also list these events you attended in your CV.

3) Apply to spring weeks or super days. These are insight programmes you apply to in your first year of University. These are almost essential in order to secure a second year summer analyst internship, which in turn leads to a full contract offer if you perform well during the internship (more on that later). Fill your cover letter with name drops and recent events/deals the bank has been involved in. Make sure to write a different cover letter for a different bank, tailoring it to them. The more name dropping the better (e.g Dave XYZ from Morgan Stanley encouraged me to apply). Heres a super important tip for your cover letter, Lie about being gay. Very fucking important. One of the things they ask for in cover letters are 'why our bank'. This is a fool-proof technique ive found to work to answer this question. Claim you are gay -> list the banks LGBT programmes and how you adore their efforts to make life better as an LGBT employee -> say why this will be the perfect working environment for you, which attracts you to this bank in particular. The next stage of your spring week application will be Psychometric tests (often provided by Cut-e, AON or Talent-Q). Most banks make you do a Situational Judgement Test and numerical test. In the SJT, you get given multiple scenarios you might face in a bank and you're asked how you would respond, so they Can assess your personality and fit to the role. For IB roles, make sure you choose the answers that demonstrate team work and being extroverted (for introvertcels, its fucking over). Show you have integrity but don't bend over backwards to follow rules. They like you challenging the status-quo.

4) If you manage to land a spring week, take 2 modafinil tablets every morning once you start your week programme. Take in all the information and impress your line managers with your excel skills from the WSO course. Be attentive and extroverted, collaborating with other spring week analysts. Doing this will impress your manager and supervisors, which should hopefully fast track you for the summer internship. Repeat this step for the summer internship and hopefully you should get a full time job offer.

If you've followed this guide correctly, congratulations. You will be making fucking bank. Go get your lefort 3 and slay chad.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: kiyopon, Alexanderr, Deleted member and 21 others
Investment banking salaries are through the roof, with even higher bonuses. Working an IB FO (front office) job for 5-10 years will give you enough money to afford Lefort 3, 50 times over. This is the most effective route to careermaxx then surgerymaxx, and I'll be telling you how to do it.

With all good things in life, you're going to need a good base. By this I mean academics wise. You must have stellar high school grades (or A-level grades for fellow UKcels). Im talking near top of the class, so I hope you've been studymaxxing (for youngcels reading this, study as hard as u fucking can right now if ur not a PSL 6, as you're going to need this guide). You must also be attending a target university in your country (these are universities that are targeted by top investment banks and make up most of the analyst classes). For USA this includes the Ivy's, particularly Harvard and Wharton. For Europe, this includes Polytechnique, ENSAE, Mines, Dauphine, HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, SSE, RSM, HSG, Bocconi, Mannheim. For UK this includes LSE, Oxbridge, UCL, Warwick.

1) Sign up to WSO (Wall Street oasis). JFL if you haven't already, you're not even trying. Download all of their templates for CV's and Cover letters, then ask the nerdcels on there to 'roast your CV'. These guys are as obsessed with CV's as the people here are with facial ratios and gonion angles. Take their analysis and advice, then adapt your CV until its psl 8 gigachad tier. Also, and I can't stress how important this is. Buy the WSO Excel Modelling course (https://il130.infusionsoft.app/app/...okieUUID=3eefcbb9-c30e-4921-9e70-0a1e5f05f9c3). Excel is arguably the most important tool in IB so an in-depth knowledge taught from an actual banker will be invaluable. You can then list this under the skills section of your CV and mention it in every cover letter.

2) Buy a Financial Times subscription and then buy 10 lever arched folders from Amazon. Dedicate each folder to a different investment bank (one for Goldman, one for Barclays, one for BAML, one for JPM etc). Collect as much information on each of these banks as you can (LGBT practices, diversity policies, deals they've conducted, podcasts they do, recent news about restructuring etc, their core values). The more you know about the banks individually, the better you can tailor your cover letter to them. Read the FT everyday and everytime you see one of these big banks' names pop up with an article, read it-> understand it-> put it into your folder.

3) Network as much as you fucking can. Sign up to all the networking events offered by these banks on their websites (even the ones designed for blacks and LGBT) and your universities careers portals (if you go to a target uni, there will certainly be events.) Go to these in person or virtual events and ask questions about recent deals they've closed or more about their roles at the bank. Then ask them if there's anyone they can refer you to speak to in order to find out more about the bank and opportunities offered. Get the people you talked to's business card. Set a google reminder for their company and division (e.g. tell google to send you notifications on M&A activity at Goldman Sachs). If you see they close a deal, send the person you talked to from the division a congratulatory email. This holds you higher in their esteems and is valuable networking. Now you can successfully name drop these people you've talked to in your cover letter (highly favourable, almost guaranteed success in the Cover letter section). Also list these events you attended in your CV.

3) Apply to spring weeks or super days. These are insight programmes you apply to in your first year of University. These are almost essential in order to secure a second year summer analyst internship, which in turn leads to a full contract offer if you perform well during the internship (more on that later). Fill your cover letter with name drops and recent events/deals the bank has been involved in. Make sure to write a different cover letter for a different bank, tailoring it to them. The more name dropping the better (e.g Dave XYZ from Morgan Stanley encouraged me to apply). Heres a super important tip for your cover letter, Lie about being gay. Very fucking important. One of the things they ask for in cover letters are 'why our bank'. This is a fool-proof technique ive found to work to answer this question. Claim you are gay -> list the banks LGBT programmes and how you adore their efforts to make life better as an LGBT employee -> say why this will be the perfect working environment for you, which attracts you to this bank in particular. The next stage of your spring week application will be Psychometric tests (often provided by Cut-e, AON or Talent-Q). Most banks make you do a Situational Judgement Test and numerical test. In the SJT, you get given multiple scenarios you might face in a bank and you're asked how you would respond, so they Can assess your personality and fit to the role. For IB roles, make sure you choose the answers that demonstrate team work and being extroverted (for introvertcels, its fucking over). Show you have integrity but don't bend over backwards to follow rules. They like you challenging the status-quo.

4) If you manage to land a spring week, take 2 modafinil tablets every morning once you start your week programme. Take in all the information and impress your line managers with your excel skills from the WSO course. Be attentive and extroverted, collaborating with other spring week analysts. Doing this will impress your manager and supervisors, which should hopefully fast track you for the summer internship. Repeat this step for the summer internship and hopefully you should get a full time job offer.

If you've followed this guide correctly, congratulations. You will be making fucking bank. Go get your lefort 3 and slay chad.
good thread for ambitious ukcels

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and Deleted member 8583
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Alexanderr, Deleted member, Dreadnoughtus and 6 others
this thread is for sub PSL 6 only so anything you've just read @larsanova69, I want you to remove it from your brain.

• JFL
Reactions: BigBoy, Hero of the Imperium and Lars
high iq

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 8583
jews me
giphy.gif

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: anactualdude, Deleted member 4106, Deleted member 5292 and 3 others
stop posting cringe memes. this thread is a guide on how to moneymaxx and help actual people out so stop shitposting you waster

• +1
Reactions: Respalier, Deleted member 7776, Deleted member 5875 and 4 others
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Rasputin, Effortless, PubertyMaxxer and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16641, anactualdude, Deleted member 5875 and 1 other person
Where do I get modafinil or any other stimulant ngl

• +1
Where do I get modafinil or any other stimulant ngl
united pharmacies in the UK. alldaychemist in US. modafinil is a cheat code

thank u king
tag me in ur next thread
super helpful for young ukcel

• Love it
bookmarked

• Love it
thank u king
tag me in ur next thread
super helpful for young ukcel
make sure you're studymaxxing if ur still doing GCSEs or a levels so u can go to a target uni. I took modafinil since I started sixth form and I ended up getting 3a* at a level

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Chadelite
make sure you're studymaxxing if ur still doing GCSEs or a levels so u can go to a target uni. I took modafinil since I started sixth form and I ended up getting 3a* at a level

I'm in Year 13 and hopefully I'll get into warwick. What degree did u end up doing??

Last edited:
  • +1
I'm in Year 13 and hopefully I'll get into warwick. What degree did u end up doing??
Economics. What are you thinking about? Warwick would be a brilliant choice regardless of your degree, it’s a strong target for Goldman, Morgan Stanley and JPM

Economics. What are you thinking about? Warwick would be a brilliant choice regardless of your degree, it’s a strong target for Goldman, Morgan Stanley and JPM
Probably International relations since I'm interested in that. I have been exploring my potential career options but I'm torn between doing IR at warwick or pursuing a sponsored accounting degree at Nottigham and becoming chartered quickly + a job at PWC. What do you think?

• +1
Probably International relations since I'm interested in that. I have been exploring my potential career options but I'm torn between doing IR at warwick or pursuing a sponsored accounting degree at Nottigham and becoming chartered quickly + a job at PWC. What do you think?
accounting gets paid fuck all you're just doing a boring job at 30k per year. IB is fast as fuck so once you get in during your first year you make 45k starting (highest possible graduate salary) then after 3 years you progress to 100k then 150k etc etc then your bonuses basically double your salary. Whereas in accounting most are on 50-55k after 3 years. Go for Warwick 100%.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, PubertyMaxxer, Chadelite and 2 others
accounting gets paid fuck all you're just doing a boring job at 30k per year. IB is fast as fuck so once you get in during your first year you make 45k starting (highest possible graduate salary) then after 3 years you progress to 100k then 150k etc etc then your bonuses basically double your salary. Whereas in accounting most are on 50-55k after 3 years. Go for Warwick 100%.

Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it. I was only a bit apprehensive about IB because it involves a lot of networking. How do you find the networking aspect? are you naturally more extroverted?

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
So I should major in economics right?

I know a guy who became a banker... He was hugely popular with girls in high-school, he had pretty boy phenotype, but lost his hair and collagen, he basically looks now like the coomer guy, so it's over for him even with his banking job.
EEYX_1CXUAAiApy.jpg:large

• So Sad
Reactions: BigBoy
Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it. I was only a bit apprehensive about IB because it involves a lot of networking. How do you find the networking aspect? are you naturally more extroverted?
I know how to act extroverted but im an introvert. Im a pathological liar so I can convince myself Im extroverted if I wanted to. Networking is easy just say shit like 'ah so I studied discounted cash flow modelling - how do you guys use that in big deals' etc

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon, Deleted member 6128 and Deleted member 7823
I know a guy who became a banker... He was hugely popular with girls in high-school, he had pretty boy phenotype, but lost his hair and collagen, he basically looks now like the coomer guy, so it's over for him even with his banking job.
EEYX_1CXUAAiApy.jpg:large
keep coping for him he lived slayer life + rich life while u rot

• Woah
Reactions: BigBoy
I'm too old but great stuff

I suspect that I'm too high T for banking; they would feel that I mog them, not to mention I might mog them openly. Kek

• JFL
Reactions: BigBoy and Deleted member 8583
keep coping for him he lived slayer life + rich life while u rot
He wasn't rich in high school. Also he moved to France, finished there a master degree and built his banking career, but now France is going to shit, there's nothing to envy about him really...

I'm too old but great stuff

I suspect that I'm too high T for banking; they would feel that I mog them, not to mention I might mog them openly. Kek
Banking is one of the most high T dark triad jobs there are, you have to be a psycopathic pathological liar that wants to assert High t dominance over everyone else

• +1
Reactions: leprechauncel and Chadelite

sadly there are no good economics universities in switzerland so im going ETH doing CS

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and bossman
Banking is one of the most high T dark triad jobs there are, you have to be a psycopathic pathological liar that wants to assert High t dominance over everyone else

Dark triad: perhaps
High T: doubt

They are fundamentally merchants, not warriors

sadly there are no good economics universities in switzerland so im going ETH doing CS
you don't need to do Econ to get into finance, thats such a misconception. The name of the university matters more than the degree so as long as you attend a target uni and can do basic maths, you're eligible

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
No this for your face

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 5292 and Deleted member 8583
you don't need to do Econ to get into finance, thats such a misconception. The name of the university matters more than the degree so as long as you attend a target uni and can do basic maths, you're eligible
alright well im not a psychopath like patrick bateman so im just going to stick to computer science

• Ugh..
alright well im not a psychopath like patrick bateman so im just going to stick to computer science
Jfl most beta career you can pick

Can you do this as an "oldcel" (mid 30s) working in accountancy?

• +1
Jfl most beta career you can pick
femalses talkig about chad with computer science: „omg he‘s so geeky and smart!!11!“

its about appearance

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292, BigBoy and Deleted member 8583
femalses talkig about chad with computer science: „omg he‘s so geeky and smart!!11!“

its about appearance
cope IB carries so much status and money that appearance begins to become unimportant

how old are you?

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
Depending on what your skillsets are Corporate Law and Medicine or Dentistry are probably better careers than IB. Even if you have a strong maths preference strategy consulting is probably better than IB although its very hard to get into. IB will have the highest rates of stress for similar rates of pay, and youre probably going to earn more at the end of the day with corporate law, although dentistry and specialised medicine definitely have the best levels of independence. IB will fucking kill you stress wise and job security is much inferior, so it only makes sense to go into it if a) you actually really love ib and its the thing that would really suit you or b) your skillset means its the only way you reliably have a very high income

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yuya Moggershima, Hero of the Imperium and Deleted member 8583
Depending on what your skillsets are Corporate Law and Medicine or Dentistry are probably better careers than IB. Even if you have a strong maths preference strategy consulting is probably better than IB although its very hard to get into. IB will have the highest rates of stress for similar rates of pay, and youre probably going to earn more at the end of the day with corporate law, although dentistry and specialised medicine definitely have the best levels of independence. IB will fucking kill you stress wise and job security is much inferior, so it only makes sense to go into it if a) you actually really love ib and its the thing that would really suit you or b) your skillset means its the only way you reliably have a very high income
I’d argue it’s harder to get into corporate law than IB because it’s magic circle or death in that field, whereas with IB the BB’s are obviously ideal but even the bulge bracket and MM’s are top class for wage.

That said Warwick is a good shout, as is LSE, even though both of those unis kinda suck for actual teaching (LSE especially). I know an ultra thick guy who did politics and sociology at warwick and got into Goldman, albeit hes a rich black kid who took advantage of diversity bs. its still a miracle he got in, but warwick is a really good name for anything remotely econ related

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium and Deleted member 8583
That said Warwick is a good shout, as is LSE, even though both of those unis kinda suck for actual teaching (LSE especially). I know an ultra thick guy who did politics and sociology at warwick and got into Goldman, albeit hes a rich black kid who took advantage of diversity bs. its still a miracle he got in, but warwick is a really good name for anything remotely econ related
Diversity events are an easy in ngl, they host a lot of LGBT events these days so I guess anyone can fraud into that

I’d argue it’s harder to get into corporate law than IB because it’s magic circle or death in that field, whereas with IB the BB’s are obviously ideal but even the bulge bracket and MM’s are top class for wage.
pretty much all London firms offer 40k+ for associates and high tens for nq's without bonuses. there are plenty of good firms to join outside the MC. partners at most major firms average at least 500k. plus almost all of them will pay for GDL (if you need it) and LPC

• +1
Diversity events are an easy in ngl, they host a lot of LGBT events these days so I guess anyone can fraud into that
whats your situation? are you at uni?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6111
Honestly if youre going to a good uni I would at least consider law or sc (assuming medicine is out). A lot of people I know started out at sixth form and uni wanting to make it in IB but transitioned to other pursuing other areas. It would still make sense to do spring weeks or insight days or whatever the first year interships are called; pretty sure law firms like it if you have banking experience. Most important thing though is probably getting great grades first year, which is pretty easy, but it will help massibely with getting w/e in the summer andmost people in first year get shite grades so less competition

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and Deleted member 8583
Nah im just wondering. are you at one of LSE Oxbridge and Warwick?

• +1
The hardest part is actually getting into a target university

For most of them a 4.0 gpa isnt enough, you also need to be a nationwide athlete/activist

As you said degree doesmt matter afterwards, a oxford medicine student can easily work in IB/PE

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9568

For most of them a 4.0 gpa isnt enough, you also need to be a nationwide athlete/activist

As you said degree doesmt matter afterwards, a oxford medicine student can easily work in IB/PE
Nah tbh, some of them like UCL and Warwick aren’t too hard to get into. Just study max hard

Extracurriculars are much less important for UK unis.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4213, Hero of the Imperium and Deleted member 8583