Gut health is everything (MENTAL HEALTH THREAD)

Deleted member 9837

Deleted member 9837

Da chosen one 🤝
:50% of dopamine is produced in the stomach.

:90-95 of serotonin produced in the gut

:GABA and oxytocin and multiple other chemicals crucial to mood are produced in the gut at levels considered to be crucial to mental health

:The vagus nerve is a direct link to the brain from the gut and the enteric nervous system and majority of immune system are in the gut

:Overwhelming Minority of the worlds population around 5-10% is considered to have ideal gut health

:Ssris have been used quite commonly to treat irritable bowel syndrome and other stomach issues to surprising effect

:Multiple mental and physical health issues be that adhd,
Anxiety, add, depression, schizophrenia, autism, ocd, bipolar, dementia, parkinson's side effects have been significantly either lessened or in some cases completely have disappeared when gut health is addressed.

so to end this post (tldr) take care of your stomach and your health it literally is everything.

Will make a part 2 addressing how to heal or partially recover gut health as much as possible.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: ellisadrian, NateJacobs, Abhorrence and 106 others
probioticmaxxing asap

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: kuroganeikki, NateJacobs, Roquefort and 16 others
yeah i eat clean low amounts of refined grains

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, thecel, Deleted member 1751 and 1 other person

:GABA and oxytocin and multiple other chemicals crucial to mood are produced in the gut at levels considered to be crucial to mental health

:The vagus nerve is a direct link to the brain from the gut and the enteric nervous system and majority of immune system are in the gut

:Overwhelming Minority of the worlds population around 5-10% is considered to have ideal gut health

:Ssris have been used quite commonly to treat irritable bowel syndrome and other stomach issues to surprising effect

Anxiety, add, depression, schizophrenia, autism, ocd, bipolar, dementia, parkinson's side effects have been significantly either lessened or in some cases completely have disappeared when gut health is addressed.

so to end this post (tldr) take care of your stomach and your health it literally is everything.

Will make a part 2 addressing how to heal or partially recover gut health as much as possible.
@ me when you make the part 2

• +1
Reactions: pumpeduppecs, Deleted member 15890, Deleted member 8090 and 2 others
Over for my ibd and cursed bowels

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: thecel, PenileFacialSurgery, Deleted member 5746 and 4 others
over for my ulcerative colitis

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, PenileFacialSurgery, Deleted member 1862 and 5 others
Why do you think guts symbolize toughness

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Roquefort, Geoff2024, closedplatecel and 12 others
I've been tring to improve it but it's soooo hard

this guy gets it

if you arent human colostrum maxxing youre coping

Liver detox maxxing

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 3828
if that was truly the case then IBD people would be THE MOST miserable people there is, i don't need a study to ''guess'' it isn't true
or there is some truth to that and it does not come in the form of IBD but a specific problem related to sortonin / dopamine or whatever.

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder and Yliaster
if that was truly the case then IBD people would be THE MOST miserable people there is, i don't need a study to ''guess'' it isn't true
or there is some truth to that and it does not come in the form of IBD but a specific problem related to sortonin / dopamine or whatever.
50% of people with gut disorders will definitely develop mood disorders in their lifetime

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16641, PenileFacialSurgery, ropemaxx and 1 other person
50% of people with gut disorders will definitely develop mood disorders in their lifetime

just lol at you thinking Calprotectin = pure mental health. it may be something specific in the gut that's fucked but if it was Calprotectin alone then people with IBD were fucked and be known for that stuff, it just isn't true.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Yliaster
just lol at you thinking Calprotectin = pure mental health. it may be something specific in the gut that's fucked but if it was Calprotectin alone then people with IBD were fucked and be known for that stuff, it just isn't true.
I never said it was. All I'm posting is that there's a very very high correlation between gut health, the microbiome, and mental health and it's in people's best interests to take care of it.

cope, just stop eating shit food

cope, just stop eating shit food
It definitely helps not to, but you can have faulty gut microbiomes be inherited from family and majority of people have non ideal ones

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort, Deleted member 2816 and Deleted member 1862
I never said it was all I'm posting is that there's a very very high correlation between gut health, the microbiome and mental health and it's in people's best interests to take care of it

I'm just very skeptical. mental disorders is a very common thing, IBD? not really, It is estimated that 5-6 million people worldwide suffer from ibd. i don't think i need to explain that mental health is a much much more common thing, If the correlation was really strong, we would see more connection. Cigarettes = high risk of cancer, we know that for sure. but the dimensional difference between IBD and mental health problems is simply too great for the relationship to be credible.

but hey at the end of the day is great to take care of yourself regardless so, ho well so be it.

• +1
Reactions: Yliaster
I'm just very skeptical. mental disorders is a very common thing, IBD? not really, It is estimated that 5-6 million people worldwide suffer from ibd. i don't think i need to explain that mental health is a much much more common thing, If the correlation was really strong, we would see more connection. Cigarettes = high risk of cancer, we know that for sure. but the dimensional difference between IBD and mental health problems is simply too great for the relationship to be credible.

but hey at the end of the day is great to take care of yourself regardless so, ho well so be it.
Serotonin controls key parts of movement and the body and serotonin is in the gut

That's why ssris work to address it in some cases. This isn't specifically about IBS also it's more about in general the gut microbiome

This a very new field of study but it's extremely promising based on how much of a connection can be found between the stomach and mental health. And how many points have said it has improved or changed their lives.

I can personally attest to it working because I have adhd and it was way way more intolerable when I didn't eat a specific diet for it

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery

Very true. Grains and processed foods are killing our gut.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9837
so what the fuck do i do nigga :rage:

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort, mogger797, Deleted member 17036 and 8 others
So I'm actually very familiar with this stuff and let me just say OP isn't bullshitting. Gut health is very important and it's not talked about enough for a couple reasons:

1. We're still only just barely discovering the tip of the iceberg when it comes to dietary knowledge and how it impacts health.

2. It is far more profitable for hospitals to push drugs and treat/perform operations on developed problems rather than encourage better lifestyle choices that are preventative and work more effectively.

I've had depression/anxiety/low energy for a large portion of the last 5 years despite eating what I thought was pretty healthy, being physically active, and even being in a relationship at one point. Doctors/therapy never did shit either. Only about 8 months ago I was able to actually go to and develop a treatment plan with a holistic doctor who's had a longgg career, and he actually started his own practice for much less money after working at one of the most reputable hospitals in the world because he was disgusted with how the medical community operated.

I got my blood levels checked. Had a food test done on me. And now I'm on a plan that involves me never eating refined carbs (I cheat now and then but 99% of the time I'm not) which are unbelievably bad for you, not eating dairy, taking multiple supplements a day like vitamin d, probiotics, magnesium, a thyroid medication, and a couple others. And I've never felt better in my life.

There are a lot of different factors that can lead to poor mental health or just feeling "off" but I always say again and again, the very first thing anyone here needs to do - even before looksmaxxing - if get your hormone/vitamins/minerals checked out for any deficiencies. Looksmaxxing is ultimately just a part of "lifestylemaxxing" and how can you even start to do that if you feel like shit all the time?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Prince88, ExaltedDrake, looksmidder and 28 others
i recommend >100g greek yogurt, ~50g sauerkraut every day.

• +1
Reactions: leloucheREBORN and Deleted member 6111
what food do I need to eat daily. I will eat a steak a day if it fixes my gut health

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort
what food do I need to eat daily. I will eat a steak a day if it fixes my gut health
Go get a food test done. You basically shit in a tube and a lab analyzes it to see what foods are inflammatory towards your gut. For me it’s gluten, dairy, and eggs.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: ExaltedDrake, Roquefort, Deleted member 15827 and 3 others
I've been tring to improve it but it's soooo hard
Its not your fault. There is basically 0 science in how to improve ur gut

dont fall for the gut health community. every problem on earth is in the gut apperantly
How do these guys even think about trauma?

until they have a consitent and scientifically proven method, they can shut the fuck up.

i have severe anxiety and depression problems.no one else in my family does. We always had the same diet. How would this gut health is everything theory explain that?
I had a series of unfortunate evens that my siblings didnt have. that is the difference, not the diet

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Roquefort, ascension, Deleted member and 7 others

95% of happiness comes from the positive feedback from the people within the environments in which you associate with

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: ascension, Deleted member, Deleted member 14392 and 5 others
95% of happiness comes from the positive feedback from the people within the environments in which you associate with
But the remaining 5% will account for 95% of your happiness.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, kuroganeikki and Deleted member 9837
Its not your fault. There is basically 0 science in how to improve ur gut

dont fall for the gut health community. every problem on earth is in the gut apperantly
How do these guys even think about trauma?

until they have a consitent and scientifically proven method, they can shut the fuck up.

i have severe anxiety and depression problems.no one else in my family does. We always had the same diet. How would this gut health is everything theory explain that?
I had a series of unfortunate evens that my siblings didnt have. that is the difference, not the diet
The impact of the events you lived on your Psyche are undeniably showing through your writing.

The science of the Microbiome is still in its infancy, we have to be skeptical, yet patient, and open.

Remember, we are barely just recovering from 50 years of misguided dietary guidance in the West.

You don't learn to walk without having to akwardly feel your way forward.

• +1
Gut problems cause bad sleep

no growth

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort, Deleted member, kuroganeikki and 2 others
l. reuteri cures autism in rats bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6695

this is very true
i read an interesting book about it

this sounds kinda sarcastic lmao

I will keep taking my jew doctor antibiotics tfu on you

clear skin > mental health

keep creying for me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Roquefort, ang3l, Lux and 9 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ritalincel, Julius, kuroganeikki and 2 others
Can you make a gut health maxing guide for mentallyillcels?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member, Preoximerianas, JL~ and 7 others
Yo @Kingkellz get this moved to best of the best please Doc.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member, Deleted member 5189, Deleted member 3635 and 1 other person
no gut for your facial development, collagen levels or hair quality

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: quemirasmanv2, Deleted member, Deleted member 1973 and 3 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
I swear to god this thread is copypasta, i have original thread saved in my PDF and this guy straight copied this from somewhere

20201127 204908

Attachments

• GUT MICROBIOME.pdf
    258.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Ritalincel, DatNibba11, sloopnoob and 1 other person
is Greek yogurt good probiotic?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6111
Gut thread.

• +1
I swear to god this thread is copypasta, i have original thread saved in my PDF and this guy straight copied this from somewhere

View attachment 832308
Why tf would I make the effort to steal a thread? I got all this information from reddit and a few google searches it’s open information if you google it.

besides that this thread was made 10 days before whatever you have

I’m just trying to share information your choice if you use it or not

• +1
Reactions: kuroganeikki
its all affected by it
im not being serious. also i think sourdough is decent because its fermented. basically fermented stuff is good

• +1
good thread i started eating like shit and im more depressed than ive ever been

• +1
Reactions: quemirasmanv2 and Deleted member 9837
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: DatNibba11, Deleted member 6423, Deleted member 6403 and 2 others

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Pale God, Deleted member 6512, diggbicc and 1 other person
So I'm actually very familiar with this stuff and let me just say OP isn't bullshitting. Gut health is very important and it's not talked about enough for a couple reasons:

1. We're still only just barely discovering the tip of the iceberg when it comes to dietary knowledge and how it impacts health.

2. It is far more profitable for hospitals to push drugs and treat/perform operations on developed problems rather than encourage better lifestyle choices that are preventative and work more effectively.

I've had depression/anxiety/low energy for a large portion of the last 5 years despite eating what I thought was pretty healthy, being physically active, and even being in a relationship at one point. Doctors/therapy never did shit either. Only about 8 months ago I was able to actually go to and develop a treatment plan with a holistic doctor who's had a longgg career, and he actually started his own practice for much less money after working at one of the most reputable hospitals in the world because he was disgusted with how the medical community operated.

I got my blood levels checked. Had a food test done on me. And now I'm on a plan that involves me never eating refined carbs (I cheat now and then but 99% of the time I'm not) which are unbelievably bad for you, not eating dairy, taking multiple supplements a day like vitamin d, probiotics, magnesium, a thyroid medication, and a couple others. And I've never felt better in my life.

There are a lot of different factors that can lead to poor mental health or just feeling "off" but I always say again and again, the very first thing anyone here needs to do - even before looksmaxxing - if get your hormone/vitamins/minerals checked out for any deficiencies. Looksmaxxing is ultimately just a part of "lifestylemaxxing" and how can you even start to do that if you feel like shit all the time?
Do you have any resources for similar diets? What's the name of the doctor you saw?