[Help] Outward slanted mandibular incisors ruining lower third harmony [high IQ folks gih plz!!!]

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I believe I found out what's causing my upper lip to extend noticeably beyond the lower lip when maintaining a normal bite which looks like I have an overbite and recessed chin (especially side profile) even though that isn't the case.
I believe it's due to my mandibular incisors (4 front teeth of the lower jaw) slanting outwards (forward) instead of being 100% vertically straight. This forces my lower jaw backwards to be able to maintain a normal bite, thus giving the appearance of an overbite and recessed chin. In other words, my teeth fit together but my jaws don't. As a result, my lower lip is too far back behind the upper lip creating a submissive-looking mouth area.

I had braces as a teenager which only move teeth to fit together and maybe this is the culprit (idk though). The reason I had braces was an actual overbite back then and crooked teeth. So maybe the braces tilted my lower jaw incisors outwards (and my upper incisors backwards) to "fix" my overbite without actually curing it. Now my teeth fit together at the expense of a bad-looking lower third/mouth area.

>> My question is, how can I fix it and get rid of the outward tilt on my mandibular incisors? Doing that would allow my mandible to swing forwards and reestablish a harmonious looking lip seal and chin area. <<

(@Germania we have a similar problem - I read your thread where you were asking for help with your lower third - so I tag you here, maybe someone can help us.)

Last edited:
Afaik braces can fix that. Not sure tho

I believe I found out what's causing my upper lip to extend noticeably beyond the lower lip when maintaining a normal bite which looks like I have an overbite and recessed chin (especially side profile) even though that isn't the case.
I believe it's due to my mandibular incisors (4 front teeth of the lower jaw) slanting outwards (forward) instead of being 100% vertically straight. This forces my lower jaw backwards to be able to maintain a normal bite, thus giving the appearance of an overbite and recessed chin. In other words, my teeth fit together but my jaws don't. As a result, my lower lip is too far back behind the upper lip creating a submissive-looking mouth area.

I had braces as a teenager which only move teeth to fit together and maybe this is the culprit (idk though). The reason I had braces was an actual overbite back then and crooked teeth. So maybe the braces tilted my lower jaw incisors outwards (and my upper incisors backwards) to "fix" my overbite without actually curing it. Now my teeth fit together at the expense of a bad-looking lower third/mouth area.

>> My question is, how can I fix it and get rid of the outward tilt on my mandibular incisors? Doing that would allow my mandible to swing forwards and reestablish a harmonious looking lip seal and chin area. <<

(@Germania we have a similar problem - I read your thread where you were asking for help with your lower third - so I tag you here, maybe someone can help us.)
Get invisalign imo, or expand your upper palate

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
How would palate expansion get rid of the outward tilt of my LOWER JAW teeth though? :unsure:
It would make your upper palate big enough to occlude with your outward tilted teeth of the mandible

It would make your upper palate big enough to occlude with your outward tilted teeth of the mandible
I have good occlusion (more or less). I need to get rid of the incisor tilt for my mandible to be able to come forward more so my lips are more even and my chin protrudes more. My palate has already expanded noticeably over the last 1 1/2 years.

I have good occlusion (more or less). I need to get rid of the incisor tilt for my mandible to be able to come forward more so my lips are more even and my chin protrudes more. My palate has already expanded noticeably over the last 1 1/2 years.
Oh, well thats different. I think orthodontists did this for your occlusion tho, so if you now tilt them back you could develop crossbite. @Salludon got pretty forward mandible by hard-mewing, and Mew says that thats the only non-surgical approach since everything else endangers occlusion which can cause the teeth to develop poorly.

Oh, well thats different. I think orthodontists did this for your occlusion tho, so if you now tilt them back you could develop crossbite. @Salludon got pretty forward mandible by hard-mewing, and Mew says that thats the only non-surgical approach since everything else endangers occlusion which can cause the teeth to develop poorly.
So you think maintaining good tongue posture and chewing (both of which I'm doing anyway) will get rid of the outward tilt eventually?

So you think maintaining good tongue posture and chewing (both of which I'm doing anyway) will get rid of the outward tilt eventually?
Over time Id say so. I lost an overjet by hardmewing, so maybe just give it time and mew harder. Also try to raise your Igf-1, hugely underrated hormone, effective for bone remodeling and so many.other great things
Or try facepulling devices if you got some money

Over time Id say so. I lost an overjet by hardmewing, so maybe just give it time and mew harder. Also try to raise your Igf-1, hugely underrated hormone, effective for bone remodeling and so many.other great things
Or try facepulling devices if you got some money
How to raise it?

How to raise it?
Sauna, vitamine c, exercise, blueberries, cinnamon, laser therapy, zinc, vitamine d, increase testosterone and HGH

Evryone should max this, it grows bones, makes you more masculine, taller, better looking, can cross the blood brain- barriers and improves neuroplasticity meaning you learn things faster, overall brain function, gut health, happiness and many more. Tbh, most important hormone

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621 and BigBoy
Sauna, vitamine c, exercise, blueberries, cinnamon, laser therapy, zinc, vitamine d, increase testosterone and HGH

Evryone should max this, it grows bones, makes you more masculine, taller, better looking, can cross the blood brain- barriers and improves neuroplasticity meaning you learn things faster, overall brain function, gut health, happiness and many more. Tbh, most important hormone
Would there be a change for me considering I'm at end of age 16?

Would there be a change for me considering I'm at end of age 16?
16? Heeell yeah, mandible sometimes grows till 30, rest of face usually till 20 with most growth between 16 and 18. Bro, you in prime for maxing,

• Love it
Reactions: BigBoy