How can I fix my acne?

TallDarkAndHandsome

TallDarkAndHandsome

Iron
I have been suffering from moderate acne since age 16 (late bloomer) and I'm still having issues rn at age 20. I have tried antibiotics (didn't work), epiduo cream (adapalen+benzoylperoxide) works somewhat ok. I've also taking acnatac which worked ok in the beginning but the tret dosage is pretty weak (clindamycin + 0,025% tretinoin). Idk if it's possible to only get tret gel or cream without any antibiotics in Sweden, i asked my doctor but she said it didn't exist. At the moment I would say that my acne is mild to moderate. 1.5 months ago I went to a dermatologist who prescribed me accutane. He pretty much said that anything else for acne was cope and that isotretinoin was the only thing that worked. I took 30mg accutane per day but stopped after less than a week because I got scared of all the potential long term side effects. I'm not sure if the risk to reward ratio is enough for me to continue the treatment, my acne is not that bad (it usually fluctuates between mild to moderate).
Would trying to get stronger tretinoin gel/cream be a better option for me or should I just stop the cope and hop back on accutane?

I have been suffering from moderate acne since age 16 (late bloomer) and I'm still having issues rn at age 20. I have tried antibiotics (didn't work), epiduo cream (adapalen+benzoylperoxide) works somewhat ok. I've also taking acnatac which worked ok in the beginning but the tret dosage is pretty weak (clindamycin + 0,025% tretinoin). Idk if it's possible to only get tret gel or cream without any antibiotics in Sweden, i asked my doctor but she said it didn't exist. At the moment I would say that my acne is mild to moderate. 1.5 months ago I went to a dermatologist who prescribed me accutane. He pretty much said that anything else for acne was cope and that isotretinoin was the only thing that worked. I took 30mg accutane per day but stopped after less than a week because I got scared of all the potential long term side effects. I'm not sure if the risk to reward ratio is enough for me to continue the treatment, my acne is not that bad (it usually fluctuates between mild to moderate).
Would trying to get stronger tretinoin gel/cream be a better option for me or should I just stop the cope and hop back on accutane?
I don't have any experience with Accutane but there are so many horror stories in the web that I don't think you should take it for mild acne.
I had moderate cystic acne and in a few months of building up to 0.1% tret I cured it permanently, nowadays I only get spots if I eat sugar or drink milk.

Edit: ah make sure you are not eating sugar/milk aswell

do u masturbate?
let's keep the trolling on offtopic, ok?

just eat liver weekly

I don't have any experience with Accutane but there are so many horror stories in the web that I don't think you should take it for mild acne.
I had moderate cystic acne and in a few months of building up to 0.1% tret I cured it permanently, nowadays I only get spots if I eat sugar or drink milk.

Edit: ah make sure you are not eating sugar/milk aswell

let's keep the trolling on offtopic, ok?
I quit dairy 1,5 months ago and my face is looking a bit clearer rn.

m not trolling, i have been on nofap since i was born and i have extremely clear skin, i just recently got acne due to face product
man, if I fingered my ass daily since I was born and never got acne that wouldn't be the reason I don't get acne, you understand that right?

• +1
Reactions: KLESUM, malicieusss, Deleted member 23554 and 2 others
man, if I fingered my ass daily since I was born and never got acne that wouldn't be the reason I don't get acne, you understand that right?
yeah but people with bad acne are majority masturbators

i would laugh so hard if you listen to this retard tbh

I quit dairy 1,5 months ago and my face is looking a bit clearer rn.
In my experience, you don't need to eliminate ALL dairy, like cheese and yogurt, only milk. + try cutting back on sugar and see if that helps (sugar and lactose are the only 2 things proven to correlate with acne)

Nothing will work if you have acne prone genes. You'll get acne in your thirties, too. There's literally no permanent fix. Accutane and tret might help to clear up your face momentarily but the acne can make a bad return just as your previous acne scars start to fade and become unnoticable. I'm sorry, brother. It is what it is :feelsbadman:

thats good, idk whats the problem then, do u use facewash etc or other face products?

m not trolling, i have been on nofap since i was born and i have extremely clear skin, i just recently got acne due to face product
Im using this face wash 2x a day and a propylene glycol moisturizer 2x a day. At night a apply a peasize amount of epiduo to the face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

Attachments

• neutrogena-visibly-clear-spot-proofing-daily-wash-200-ml-2.webp
    3.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 03-epiduo-2021.jpg
    03-epiduo-2021.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 0
  • propyless-kutan-emulsion-200-mg-per-g-480-g-1.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
Nothing will work if you have acne prone genes. You'll get acne in your thirties, too. There's literally no permanent fix. Accutane and tret might help to clear up your face momentarily but the acne can make a bad return just as your previous acne scars start to fade and become unnoticable. I'm sorry, brother. It is what it is :feelsbadman:
chill, he said he has mild acne

I also started having acne around age 16 and it got quite worse during uni. I never had severe acne that leave huge scars but I had big red pimples that looked like shit in my pale skin.

What I did to fix it: Change your bed sheets and pillow covers more often, preferably every 3 days. Use cleanser every day, twice if you can. Buy a set of 8 or more face towels and use those for your face. My dermatologist said only use epiduo around the pimple but I use it almost every day all over my face. If your face gets dry use moisturiser. Also diet can play a role but I can’t help with that

Use sunscreens everyday or epiduo will destroy your face.

My skin cleared up after doing all these things.

• +1
Reactions: TallDarkAndHandsome
I asked my dad yesterday when acne cleared up for him...
He said that he probably had acne until he was 25..
He has no acne scars tho so a little bit of lifefuel but also over at the same time

use tretinoin, trust me.

• +1
dont do facewash for a month or so and notice results, i used facewash 1st time in my life and got 4 acne pimples on my face next day
Idk man... last time i tried it for three weeks and it got way worse. Do you have oily skin?

use tretinoin, trust me.
Yea but it so fkn hard to get my hands on it in sweden. The only thing i can get is acnatac which has 0.025% tret but also contains a topical antibiotic clindamycin. It worked great but you can only use it for 3 months at a time because of bacterial resistance. Someone that has any idea how i can get tret in sweden?

Yea but it so fkn hard to get my hands on it in sweden. The only thing i can get is acnatac which has 0.025% tret but also contains a topical antibiotic clindamycin. It worked great but you can only use it for 3 months at a time because of bacterial resistance. Someone that has any idea how i can get tret in sweden?
oh i use acnatac rn and my skin got so much better after 5 days.

didnt know about the 3 months thing, damn.

• +1
Imagine living in Sweden, thought I was helping out a Mumbai brother. Your acne will NEVER get better KYS

• JFL
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING
I also started having acne around age 16 and it got quite worse during uni. I never had severe acne that leave huge scars but I had big red pimples that looked like shit in my pale skin.

What I did to fix it: Change your bed sheets and pillow covers more often, preferably every 3 days. Use cleanser every day, twice if you can. Buy a set of 8 or more face towels and use those for your face. My dermatologist said only use epiduo around the pimple but I use it almost every day all over my face. If your face gets dry use moisturiser. Also diet can play a role but I can’t help with that

Use sunscreens everyday or epiduo will destroy your face.

My skin cleared up after doing all these things.
Why would it destroy the face if you use it everyday? Sunscreen is anyways unnecessary rn, i barely see the sun during the winter.

oh i use acnatac rn and my skin got so much better after 5 days.

didnt know about the 3 months thing, damn.
If your doctor thinks it is okay to take longer than 3 months then it's probably ok, i used it for like 7 months and my skin got way better. The only problem is that tretinoin is a long term treatment which is why i'm trying to get it without the antibiotics.

Last edited:
Why would it destroy the face if you use it everyday? Sunscreen is anyways unnecessary rn, i barely see the sun during the winter.
It exposes new layers of your skin making it much more sensitive to sun. If you use any strong products for the face you should use sunscreen too.

• +1
It exposes new layers of your skin making it much more sensitive to sun. If you use any strong products for the face you should use sunscreen too.
Yea but is it really necessary during the winter when it is almost always dark? I live in the nordics btw

Yea but is it really necessary during the winter when it is almost always dark? I live in the nordics btw
In your case it's probably not necessary. I'm not an expert anyways I get my info from my dermatologist and some skincare experts from youtube.

• +1
I used to have horrible acne. To give context I had cysts on my face since I was 12 years old. The majority of the people in my family had suffered from acne before. I never went on any kind of medication whatsoever (other than OFC 10% benzoyl peroxide). After 5 years of trial and error and trying to pin point what caused my acne, I have finally found a solution that may or may not work for others.

The first and most important thing that alot of people DO NOT do is regulate their diet.

When we eat high carbohydrate foods, glucose is released into our blood. Our bodies needs to transfer this glucose (broken down carbs) into the muscles and fat stores for energy. In order to do this,the pancreas releases insulin; as insulin increases, so do androgenic hormones and IGF-1. The rapid spike of these hormones after sugar and/or carbohydrate consumption causes the skin to increase sebum production. Sebum is what contributes the most to acne, hence why Accutane dries the skin out; its goal is to eliminate sebum production.

How can we prevent this from happening? We first have to figure out a way to either eliminate insulin spikes (not a good idea especially if you are trying to feel good), or we can regulate our insulin spikes, which in theory would lessen the amount of sebum our skin produces. To do this dealing we should eat foods that have a low glycemic indexes (low GI foods). The GI is the measurement of how quickly a food causes blood sugar to rise. BUT, this can negatively impact the quality of our lives; who the fuck wants to eat clean foods 24/7 to prevent acne?

The best way to prevent this is by eating MEALS not snacks. Ideally we should eat balanced meals with fiber, fat, and protein. These macro-nutrients will reduce the speed of glucose being released in our bloodstream. This is because our bodies takes longer to extract energy and carbs from balanced meals. Technically you can eat shit food and still not breakout as long as they are eaten in combination with fiber and/or proteins and fats.

We must take into account our own genetics; different people elicit different responses to our environment and the food they eat, and they should try their best to figure out their genetic weak-points.

In these two photos I was bulking in a 500 calories surplus. The difference was my diet; the first diet I ate sporadically and un-calculated. I thought that as long it fit my in my calories, it didn't matter how & what I ate. I was partially correct but it nuked my skin. I remember drinking big ass milkshakes not knowing that I was ironically looksminning myself in the pursuit of the bulk. In the after photo, I was still at a 500 cal surplus and was eating fun food that didnt want to make me kill myself. At first I was unintentionally following my previously stated hypothesis and was somewhat clueless as to why my acne was going away. I started to research and self reflect on my acne and found out that it was in fact my diet and all the isolated carb-filled snacks I had when I was cystic.

The photos were taken ~1 year apart:
a69b2bae-3c1e-4626-8b93-b6b4061207d3-jpeg.2007082
da4f9580-320d-45be-8891-e7d758c6a763-jpeg.2007083

tldr: Eat balanced meals to prevent insulin spikes and make sure to wash on a consistent schedule.

• +1
10 mg accutane a day keeps acne away

• +1
start microdosing accutane ASAP trust me YOU WILL NEVER REGRET
this was my best looksmaxing decision

• +1
Reactions: Sigmapsycho and TallDarkAndHandsome
isotretinoin (accutane) is the ONLY proven PERMANENT solution

• +1
Reactions: Sigmapsycho and TallDarkAndHandsome
start microdosing accutane ASAP trust me YOU WILL NEVER REGRET
this was my best looksmaxing decision
How long did you take accutane and did you take it under prescription? How bad was your acne?

How long did you take accutane and did you take it under prescription? How bad was your acne?
My acne was moderate and sometimes harsh but persistent
I have been taking it for 6 months ans still taking withiut a prescription
Month 4 my face has been finally clear, don,t expect quick results on it, the most important is to be patient

most people suffer from hormonal problems and compensate with applying 500 products and having to live off it for life