How to get rid of Acne marks

Random_maxxer

Random_maxxer

Silver
Iam still in puberty had severe acne hopped onto accutane so it's in control now i hv stopped taking it now tho doing a skin care routine and applying tretinoin but I still have red acne marks specifically post inflammatory erythema. I heard azealic acid can help any suggestions?

a dermatologist will probably subscribe you accutane or something

a dermatologist will probably subscribe you accutane or something

accutane doesnt really help with scarring afaik, @Random_maxxer do laser or if ur to broke for that run azelaic acid or a vit c serum, gonna take weeks or months without something like laser tho

• +1
Reactions: aleksander
accutane doesnt really help with scarring afaik, @Random_maxxer do laser or if ur to broke for that run azelaic acid or a vit c serum, gonna take weeks or months without something like laser tho
I heard in the tretenoin guide that tretenoin dpes the same thing azealic acid does but faster is it true

I heard in the tretenoin guide that tretenoin dpes the same thing azealic acid does but faster is it true
tretinoin and isotretinoin (accutane) are not the same thing, I've heard aswell that isotretinoin can be effective for clearing scarring, but its a pretty harsh topical that can lead to extended breakouts, dry flaky skin and other issues. Something such as azelaic acid can also clear scars over a longer period of time, but theres less risk of fucking your face up, so its up to you.

I've been using azelaic acid for about a week now and its already faded my scars and inflammation surrounding them significantly, I don't think its an immediate fix though, and I fully expect to be using azelaic acid for the next 6-12 months.

tretinoin and isotretinoin (accutane) are not the same thing, I've heard aswell that isotretinoin can be effective for clearing scarring, but its a pretty harsh topical that can lead to extended breakouts, dry flaky skin and other issues. Something such as azelaic acid can also clear scars over a longer period of time, but theres less risk of fucking your face up, so its up to you.

I've been using azelaic acid for about a week now and its already faded my scars and inflammation surrounding them significantly, I don't think its an immediate fix though, and I fully expect to be using azelaic acid for the next 6-12 months.
Did you had severe acne coz i had grade 3 acne in summers this year around may june and they are already hv faded a lot they should hv faded faster but they dont get enough time another breakout happens at the same place

Did you had severe acne coz i had grade 3 acne in summers this year around may june and they are already hv faded a lot they should hv faded faster but they dont get enough time another breakout happens at the same place
sorry for the late response, I wouldn't consider my acne as severe but definitely noticeable and something that caused me a lot of stress. I would say high grade 1 to low grade 2 acne around my jaw and chin. If you're still getting breakouts it means that you're not taking care of the acnes root cause, so I would focus on fixing that first than moving towards getting rid of the scars after you stop breaking out.