Ian Somerhalder's Masseter/Jaw

Need2Ascend

Need2Ascend

Ascended so hard
To this day and age it is still incomprehensible to me how Somerhalder (or Brad Pitt) can have such a wide jaw(relatively speaking) where it is even wider than his bizyogmatic width.
ian-somerhalder--5671208-.jpg

I've been unironically chewing for years and my jaw/masseters have never exceeded my byzgomatic width. I know that, at least in my case, it is pretty much impossible due to my mandible and lower maxilla, basically my whole dental arch, being in the completely wrong position(too short vertically and slightly recessed)

When he clenches(ngl watched vampire diaries a bit), you can see how his massive masseters get activated and his jaw gets "bigger"/wider so I highly doubt that he has jaw implants
And I can't imagine him chewing hard food/gum more than the average person either(maybe he does tho)

My theory is that it has to do with his jaw and dental arch positioning(even tho I can't really describe it) and "compact", small face
Share what you think tbh

Also, guys here throw around with implants, fillers and other procedures that barely effect functionality of your whole face(functionality=health=good looks). One of the most important and sometimes quite overlooked longterm-looksmaxxing strategy in my opinion is:
1. Bring your jaws/dental arch into the correct/ideal position
2. Chew chew chew (how you chew is also somewhat important obvsly: forward motion, enough recovery,...)

From lookism:
"Its not the muscle that adds to the jawline with bruxism its the BONE SPURS and they give an angular appearance. The initial bloat from muscle hypertrophy subsides after its built up significantly to resist the forces and eventually pulls the bone out in a flared position. The best looking people have the biggest masseters this is fact. Good looking faces always have more bite force than ugly faces due to strong muscles. In fact the zygomatic arch is flared heavily in men because of mechanical action of a strong masseter muscle druing mastication. Strong face muscles=strong bones=healthy wide attractive face Youll rarely see a good looking human with weak facial muscles. All the top males have strong jaw muscles as its dimorphic."

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14312, ChristianChad and Deleted member 756
dude, it's not that their jaws are so strong, it's that their cheekbones are so weak

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: chicolachowskijr, Birdcell, Hey dont talk to me and 3 others
To this day and age it is still incomprehensible to me how Somerhalder (or Brad Pitt) can have such a wide jaw(relatively speaking) where it is even wider than his bizyogmatic width.

I've been unironically chewing for years and my jaw/masseters have never exceeded my byzgomatic width. I know that, at least in my case, it is pretty much impossible due to my mandible and lower maxilla, basically my whole dental arch, being in the completely wrong position(too short vertically and slightly recessed)

When he clenches(ngl watched vampire diaries a bit), you can see how his massive masseters get activated and his jaw gets "bigger"/wider so I highly doubt that he has jaw implants
And I can't imagine him chewing hard food/gum more than the average person either(maybe he does tho)

My theory is that it has to do with his jaw and dental arch positioning(even tho I can't really describe it) and "compact", small face
Share what you think tbh

Also, guys here throw around with implants, fillers and other procedures that barely effect functionality of your whole face(functionality=health=good looks). One of the most important and sometimes quite overlooked longterm-looksmaxxing strategy in my opinion is:
2. Chew chew chew (how you chew is also somewhat important obvsly: forward motion, enough recovery,...)

From lookism:
"Its not the muscle that adds to the jawline with bruxism its the BONE SPURS and they give an angular appearance. The initial bloat from muscle hypertrophy subsides after its built up significantly to resist the forces and eventually pulls the bone out in a flared position. The best looking people have the biggest masseters this is fact. Good looking faces always have more bite force than ugly faces due to strong muscles. In fact the zygomatic arch is flared heavily in men because of mechanical action of a strong masseter muscle druing mastication. Strong face muscles=strong bones=healthy wide attractive face Youll rarely see a good looking human with weak facial muscles. All the top males have strong jaw muscles as its dimorphic."
The first time I started chewing, my jaw was already bigger than my bizogmatic width, due to the swelling. Probably for that, you already have to have a big jaw.
And neither pitt nor somehalder has masseter larger than its bizigomatic width, just use paint to prove it

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
The first time I started chewing, my jaw was already bigger than my bizogmatic width, due to the swelling. Probably for that, you already have to have a big jaw.
And neither pitt nor somehalder has masseter larger than its bizigomatic width, just use paint to prove it
4106.jpg

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ryan and Deleted member 4106
somerhalder got implants

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 22540, Basedtheticz, Deleted member 13928 and 1 other person
could that be why i struggle looking low BF% while having decent forward growth?
you mean weak cheekbones? yea could be. could also be downward growth, that was my problem. could also be a bit of both.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13945
dude, it's not that their jaws are so strong, it's that their cheekbones are so weak
I guess you're both right tbh, you know I just meant that he has that typical hypertrophied massive jaw look, but you really need a "healthy" jaw positon and already good bone mass to begin with to achieve it like that ig, and I lack both
what a joke man
Riverdale kj apa wird papa
20210705 141447
Ee7f6edcd75fbe8870977a222996bf06

It doesn't looking appealing that their jaw is so wide in comparison to cheekbones but I guess it works for them since they are overall very good looking

• +1
Ian has got surgeries everyone knows this

• Hmm...
How should you know? He has always had a wide robust jaw since a teenager
uzn_15494459281.jpg

He definitely got orbital decompression and jaw implants probably malar implants with too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13928

Share what you think tbh

From lookism:
Chewing is useless if you have short ramus, muscle only gain width not height (vertical)

Is that guy a top guy in Hollywood ?

If yes, then he did have surgeries done at some point don't fool yourself OP.

He definitely got orbital decompression and jaw implants probably malar implants with too
He had a rhinoplasty too to make his nose narrower and more contoured -
A31A07E5 335D 426F B9BE 9A5B9F409B79

Still @JustMewbrah will call him a natty giga chad:lul:

Share what you think tbh

From lookism:
Hey man can I PM for advice on chewing? I plan to start doing it

Lol he looks retarded in the right photo :lul::lul::lul: idk why but it's funny
That happens when you fiddle with implant so and fillers. Lol at Somerhalder copers, they cope with “massetter hypertrophy”:lul:

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad

He had a rhinoplasty too to make his nose narrower and more contoured -
View attachment 1211414
Still @JustMewbrah will call him a natty giga chad:lul:
Just compare a 40yo guy with his 18yo version theory, obviously your face gets "heavier" and more robust with age and in a timespan of over 20 years, do you genuinely think someones face is finished growing/delevoping after puberty l o l

Just compare a 40yo guy with his 18yo version theory, obviously your face gets "heavier" and more robust with age and in a timespan of over 20 years, do you genuinely think someones face is finished growing/delevoping after puberty l o l
Bruh, changes happen, but are more natural like Gandy's -

Not like Somerhalder who got uncanny over time -
Ian Somerhalder Plastic Surgery 1

Ian Somerhalder Plastic Surgery 3

There's difference between the face getting "matured and defined" over time and the face getting "different and uncanny" over time, Somerhalder's case is the latter

• Woah
Reactions: Hey dont talk to me