is 1,300 calories a day, 150g protein, lifting 3x a week, a terrible idea to cut?

No it's fine

It's really bad

You need to progressive raise your caloric deficit until maximum minus 500calories.
If you're new to the gym you can still lose weight by just eating at your maitanence level. To already start low is not a good idea because it could get the rebound weight effect.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
You're going to feel like shit and be tired, but if you have the willpower it'll get you results. I'd go up to 1500 just because you'll still lose very quickly and those 200 calories at such a deficit helps your mood and energy a lot. You'll still feel like crap though.

• +1
Reactions: j05, Danish_Retard and Wallenberg
Good idea but depends on your weight.

It would work but it's not something you would do long term. It's more like something you would do for 1-2 weeks before needing to peak for whatever reason.

You're going to feel like shit and be tired, but if you have the willpower it'll get you results. I'd go up to 1500 just because you'll still lose very quickly and those 200 calories at such a deficit helps your mood and energy a lot. You'll still feel like crap though.
you were right :feelswhy:

6 x large eggs (465 kcal, 38g protein)
1 x protein shake (100kcal, 22g protein)
Few gulps of kefir with every meal (100kcal, 6g protein)
Glass of orange juice pre workout (80kcal, 1g protein)
Black coffee 2x per day (0kcal)
Little bit of liver/heart (110kcal, 15g protein)
Rump steak to round out the kcal to 1600.
Will look roughly like 1600kcal, 190g protein.
Plenty of protein, enough carbs to stay anabolic, micronutrient dense-ish, mostly healthy (I would never recommend a protein shake if health was your goal, nor would I recommend coffee if you didn’t need to stunt your hunger)