IS T4(thyroxine) THE MISSING KEY TO HEIGHT GROWTH?!?!?!

O

Osie

Diamond
Contributor
I’ve been doing some research recently and have discovered that thyroid hormones such as T3 and T4 can be leveraged for height growth in regular children the same way it’s leveraged for children with hypothyroidism. However, it’s highly dangerous and is the only thing that I would never recommend anyone to do if they wanted to increase height growth.

How does T4 and T3 affect body growth and IGF-1 levels?​

Studies have suggested that low levels of thyroid hormones may lead to decreased growth hormone secretion (seen in children with hypothyroidism) , while high levels of thyroid hormones may increase growth hormone secretion (seen in children with hyperthyroidism).
However, the connection between the both of them isn’t well understood, however, it is known that hyperthyroidism causes increased growth rates and earlier growth plate closure (Don’t get scared yet). For example, in a study done with 31 adolescent girls with hyperthyroidism, it was found that 22 of the 31 girls grew to an adult stature higher than their predicted height. And three of the remaining nine were within 1 cm of their predicted height. HOWEVER, T4 replacement therapy in children with hypothyroidism has been shown to induce rapid catch-up growth but possibly lower predicted adult height because it rapidly advances bone age and causes earlier physical fusion. Children with hyperthyroidism may experience premature growth plate closure and possibly short stature from having such an active thyroid. However, most children with hyperthyroidism experience premature growth plate closure, rather than short stature due to increased growth hormone. Growth plate closure from hyperthyroidism is caused by the fact that having an overactive thyroid increases SHBG and total testosterone. High SHBG is associated with high estradiol levels and high test levels lead to high estradiol levels causing premature growth plate closure.

How can we use T4 and T3 to increase height growth?​

To use T4 and T3 to increase height growth, it’s pretty simple. Use low doses of T4 with an Aromatase inhibitor and your height growth will surely increase. Luckily, we already have a study showing that this solution will work. In a case report done on a 12-year-old with hypothyroidism, it was shown that anastrozole was highly effective in delaying epiphyseal fusion after the child’s bone age was severely advanced after experiencing rapid catch up growth due to T4 supplementation and skeletal maturation. Originally, the 12-year-old boy with hypothyroidism had a bone age of six years old and was only growing about an inch a year. They decided to put this boy onto T4 because of this, and after two years, at 14 years old and 2 months, he had a bone age of 13 years old. His growth rate skyrocketed quickly to 9.9cm a year, however, the rapid bone age advancement was concerning, so they decided to put him on 1 mg of Anastrozole a day, to delay epiphyseal fusion. Shockingly, at 15 years old and 9 months, his bone age was only 13 years old and 6 months. And then at 16 years old and 5 months, his bone age was only 14 years old and 6 months. However, this was caused because they increased this boy’s T4 dose even more. They eventually took this child off anastrozole, so in three years, his bone age advanced only 1.5 years, despite increased T4 doses.

So what can we learn from this study to increase growth?​

We can learn that low doses of T4 ( very low doses but effective enough to increase IGF-1 levels, and chondrocyte proliferation) have the potential to induce growth due to the fact that it rapidly increases all bodily functions and growth potential can be maximized if used with an Aromatase inhibitor like Anastrozole, Aromasin, Or Letrozole since it’ll slow down the rapid skeletal growth and maturation.

Safety concerns​

There is a long list of safety concerns when using T4 and T3 in people with normally functioning thyroids. Hyperthyroidism comes with a long line of health concerns, and taking too much of T4 in one sitting can be a direct ticket to death.

It’s best to take 12 mcg-25 mcg (max) of oral t4/t3 (need to do more research on the difference, but T4 is most commonly used in height growth context). If doing this, I recommend doing something like this with doctor supervision because your thyroids need an even ratio for the most part.

DISCLAIMER: I need to do more research on the dosages of T3 and T4, but I’d assume taking dosages underneath the dosages described for mild hypothyroidism could be effective. Please do not take anything I say, as advice as death could happen. If using T3/T4, do it with supervision with someone more knowledgeable or use dosages based on bloodwork first.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Bentley, Jeww, ASM5 and 16 others
bump and this isn't life fuel tbh, but just something interesting and highly dangerous.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51098, AverageTevvezEnjoyr, Deleted member 1901 and 2 others
high iq post

just throwing this out there apperently all meat used to have active t3 and t4 since thyroid gland was included in ground meat and native populations eat thyroid gland

which implies eating t3 t4 doesnt have to be dangerous

im not a expert at all but thats just something i heard

• +1
Reactions: odux and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
I take T4 daily because I have hypothyroidism and I’m 6’3 barefoot at 18 now. So yeah it’s legit

I take T4 daily because I have hypothyroidism and I’m 6’3 barefoot at 18 now. So yeah it’s legit
yea, and it's way more cost-efficient than HGH.

yea, and it's way more cost-efficient than HGH.
I still don’t get what u wanna do with it tho. T4 is something that just needs to be regulated, if ur healthy then ur T4 levels should be fine. It’s not something like Testosterone where u benefit from having supraphysiological amounts of it

I still don’t get what u wanna do with it tho. T4 is something that just needs to be regulated, if ur healthy then ur T4 levels should be fine. It’s not something like Testosterone where u benefit from having supraphysiological amounts of it
By healthy you mean regular exercising and good diet, correct?

By healthy you mean regular exercising and good diet, correct?
Probably. Never had to worry about my thyroid since it’s always kept constant with my meds. Ik there are some foods that inhibit thyroid function, but again I don’t have to worry about them since I get my doses externally

I don't have any plans to use it. Just research I wanted to share. But if you have T4 at higher levels, it stimulates IGF-1 production at the growth plate. It's the reason why height growth increases so much in children with hypothyroidism. But as seen with the study, you could prevent rapid skeletal maturation with an aromatase inhibitor from T4. However, the only way you can probably get height growth from T3 and T4 is by having damn near hyperthyroidism levels of T4 and T3, which would be hard to find the perfect dosage.

Yea, you probably experienced an crazy growth spurt.

I don't have any plans to use it. Just research I wanted to share. But if you have T4 at higher levels, it stimulates IGF-1 production at the growth plate. It's the reason why height growth increases so much in children with hypothyroidism. But as seen with the study, you could prevent rapid skeletal maturation with an aromatase inhibitor from T4. However, the only way you can probably get height growth from T3 and T4 is by having damn near hyperthyroidism levels of T4 and T3, which would be hard to find the perfect dosage.
Higher T4 increases metabolism, which means ur gonna need to consume more calories to match it. Essentially it just speeds up growth, but it doesn’t result in more growth. Because like u said it closes growth plates faster.

Because like u said it closes growth plates faster.
This is the part that the study with the hyperthyroid boy refers to. cause it closes growth plates faster, cause makes everything in the body go faster, using aromatase inhibitors slows the T4's effect on growth plate maturation very significantly. However, if the dose of T4 is too high, the aromatase inhibitor may be ineffective at the high levels of SHBG and Test, maybe too powerful for an AI, so you're right there. But for older heightmaxxers, T4 will probably give them a 1-2-3 boost in height, which might've taken them years to get.

Last edited:
Yea, you probably experienced an crazy growth spurt.
Shit I'm late to that finding. My dad's 6"1 and a half and I'm only 5"11. He's also grew late but im 22 now so it's done anyway ig

I’ve been doing some research recently and have discovered that thyroid hormones such as T3 and T4 can be leveraged for height growth in regular children the same way it’s leveraged for children with hypothyroidism. However, it’s highly dangerous and is the only thing that I would never recommend anyone to do if they wanted to increase height growth.

Studies have suggested that low levels of thyroid hormones may lead to decreased growth hormone secretion (seen in children with hypothyroidism) , while high levels of thyroid hormones may increase growth hormone secretion (seen in children with hyperthyroidism).
However, the connection between the both of them isn’t well understood, however, it is known that hyperthyroidism causes increased growth rates and earlier growth plate closure (Don’t get scared yet). For example, in a study done with 31 adolescent girls with hyperthyroidism, it was found that 22 of the 31 girls grew to an adult stature higher than their predicted height. And three of the remaining nine were within 1 cm of their predicted height. HOWEVER, T4 replacement therapy in children with hypothyroidism has been shown to induce rapid catch-up growth but possibly lower predicted adult height because it rapidly advances bone age and causes earlier physical fusion. Children with hyperthyroidism may experience premature growth plate closure and possibly short stature from having such an active thyroid. However, most children with hyperthyroidism experience premature growth plate closure, rather than short stature due to increased growth hormone. Growth plate closure from hyperthyroidism is caused by the fact that having an overactive thyroid increases SHBG and total testosterone. High SHBG is associated with high estradiol levels and high test levels lead to high estradiol levels causing premature growth plate closure.

To use T4 and T3 to increase height growth, it’s pretty simple. Use low doses of T4 with an Aromatase inhibitor and your height growth will surely increase. Luckily, we already have a study showing that this solution will work. In a case report done on a 12-year-old with hypothyroidism, it was shown that anastrozole was highly effective in delaying epiphyseal fusion after the child’s bone age was severely advanced after experiencing rapid catch up growth due to T4 supplementation and skeletal maturation. Originally, the 12-year-old boy with hypothyroidism had a bone age of six years old and was only growing about an inch a year. They decided to put this boy onto T4 because of this, and after two years, at 14 years old and 2 months, he had a bone age of 13 years old. His growth rate skyrocketed quickly to 9.9cm a year, however, the rapid bone age advancement was concerning, so they decided to put him on 1 mg of Anastrozole a day, to delay epiphyseal fusion. Shockingly, at 15 years old and 9 months, his bone age was only 13 years old and 6 months. And then at 16 years old and 5 months, his bone age was only 14 years old and 6 months. However, this was caused because they increased this boy’s T4 dose even more. They eventually took this child off anastrozole, so in three years, his bone age advanced only 1.5 years, despite increased T4 doses.

We can learn that low doses of T4 ( very low doses but effective enough to increase IGF-1 levels, and chondrocyte proliferation) have the potential to induce growth due to the fact that it rapidly increases all bodily functions and growth potential can be maximized if used with an Aromatase inhibitor like Anastrozole, Aromasin, Or Letrozole since it’ll slow down the rapid skeletal growth and maturation.

Safety concerns​

There is a long list of safety concerns when using T4 and T3 in people with normally functioning thyroids. Hyperthyroidism comes with a long line of health concerns, and taking too much of T4 in one sitting can be a direct ticket to death.

It’s best to take 12 mcg-25 mcg (max) of oral t4/t3 (need to do more research on the difference, but T4 is most commonly used in height growth context). If doing this, I recommend doing something like this with doctor supervision because your thyroids need an even ratio for the most part.

DISCLAIMER: I need to do more research on the dosages of T3 and T4, but I’d assume taking dosages underneath the dosages described for mild hypothyroidism could be effective. Please do not take anything I say, as advice as death could happen. If using T3/T4, do it with supervision with someone more knowledgeable or use dosages based on bloodwork first.
I’ve always had high throid hormone levels, also an high metabolism. Maybe that’s why I’m still growing even though I’m 20 years old.

By taking T4 do you mean taking actual medical grade T4 or is a normal T4 supplement able to do it?

just throwing this out there apperently all meat used to have active t3 and t4 since thyroid gland was included in ground meat and native populations eat thyroid gland

which implies eating t3 t4 doesnt have to be dangerous

im not a expert at all but thats just something i heard
going by this article they still do it in some places but too much can be harmful apparently. wonder what the effects are for those that do consume it. agreed that some should probably be eaten since we are made to consume the whole animal

LeavingHowever, it’s highly dangerous and is the only thing that I would never recommend anyone to do if they wanted to increase height growth.
Leaving Spongebob Squarepants GIF

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22
By taking T4 do you mean taking actual medical grade T4 or is a normal T4 supplement able to do it?
medical grade t4 is pretty easy to find tbh. I can give you a source rn for T4. I don't have much clue about T4 supplements tbh. There are a bunch of different brands.

Safety concerns​

thyroid meds are complicated. be careful, because t4 half life is 7 days and if you take it for long enough and stop, itll take a long time to subside.
also t4 is the prohormone to t3, the actual thyroid hormone. so by increasing your t4 you will essentially have more t3. problem with taking t4/t3 is, that the thyroid has a negative feedback loop which means you will have to find out a dose that sets you high normal in t4 and hope you are a high converter. but yes, t4 makes more sense than t3

Safety concerns​

how is it highly dangerous? i have some knowledge around thyroid why do you consider it dangerous

how is it highly dangerous? i have some knowledge around thyroid why do you consider it dangerous
Lemme just copy and paste the side effects of hyperthyroidism:
I say this is highly dangerous because this is a hormone we are adjusting without doctor supervision. Lowering your estrogen levels and increasing IGF-1 levels aren't as bad as even taking too much T4 one night and ending up in a coma. Finding the right dosing for T4 to create a height increase is very difficult and specific. It's something that you have to get bloodwork first to see how much you can take. With even 12 IU's of GH, some people's IGF-1 levels can only get to the normal-high range, however with T4 and T3, you can get into the hyperthyroidism stage pretty easily. I would love to use it but I would need bloodwork first.

thyroid meds are complicated. be careful, because t4 half life is 7 days and if you take it for long enough and stop, itll take a long time to subside.
also t4 is the prohormone to t3, the actual thyroid hormone. so by increasing your t4 you will essentially have more t3. problem with taking t4/t3 is, that the thyroid has a negative feedback loop which means you will have to find out a dose that sets you high normal in t4 and hope you are a high converter. but yes, t4 makes more sense than t3
That's what I mean, you have to control multiple variables when trying to use T4. I heard a doctor say to take low doses of both but there isn't a specification.

i to
Lemme just copy and paste the side effects of hyperthyroidism:
I say this is highly dangerous because this is a hormone we are adjusting without doctor supervision. Lowering your estrogen levels and increasing IGF-1 levels aren't as bad as even taking too much T4 one night and ending up in a coma. Finding the right dosing for T4 to create a height increase is very difficult and specific. It's something that you have to get bloodwork first to see how much you can take. With even 12 IU's of GH, some people's IGF-1 levels can only get to the normal-high range, however with T4 and T3, you can get into the hyperthyroidism stage pretty easily. I would love to use it but I would need bloodwork first.
i took 100mcg t4 for a month and went hyper. had palps and high rhr but after stopping it subsided after 1 week. nothing too bad. worst thing is thyroid enlargement

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
That's what I mean, you have to control multiple variables when trying to use T4. I heard a doctor say to take low doses of both but there isn't a specification.
i have hella good conversion tho. on the 100mcg i had even low t4 and 1.5 the reference range t3. so will probably continue lower

i took 100mcg t4 for a month and went hyper. had palps and high rhr but after stopping it subsided after 1 week. nothing too bad. worst thing is thyroid enlargement
Oh woah you've experienced the effects of going hyperthyroid. The worst part about T4 is that it comes in 300mcg, you have to split it up 5 times.

medical grade t4 is pretty easy to find tbh. I can give you a source rn for T4. I don't have much clue about T4 supplements tbh. There are a bunch of different brands.
Tbh this might be a horrible idea but yeah I'd appreciate the source. I'll update you if I see results (I'm taking HGH + Aromasin as well)

dose? i take 50mcg everyday at night

i think dessicated thyroid supps pre good too ive heard

nvm i see u wrote 12-25. my tabs are 200mcg each so i split them into quarters, splitting into eights would be hard af lol, maybe ill take 50mcg once every two days now

nvm i see u wrote 12-25. my tabs are 200mcg each so i split them into quarters, splitting into eights would be hard af lol, maybe ill take 50mcg once every two days now
I wonder why they make thyroid pills have such high concentrations per pill if only so little is recommended.

• +1
Yu have hypothyroidism?
i had 3.3miu TSH at 19yo, vegan caloric defecit diet so ordered levo for hopeful catchup growth lol alongside transitioning to raypeat diet, taking iodised salt, selenium, zinc, copper, glycine, magneisum

• Ugh..
Reactions: callisto
Yu have hypothyroidism?
i had another blood test yesterday of tsh, ill update. i feel warm blood in my hands, sometimes high heartrate, trouble sleeping

• +1
Reactions: callisto
also got high blood pressure from it lol

i had 3.3miu TSH at 19yo, vegan caloric defecit diet so ordered levo for hopeful catchup growth lol alongside transitioning to raypeat diet, taking iodised salt, selenium, zinc, copper, glycine, magneisum
Are your growth plates open? Sadly, catch up growth only happens if you literally went through a period where your physical development was randomly slowed down. I wonder if it helps people who did reach their predicted height due to unforeseen low IGF-1 levels.

• +1
also got high blood pressure from it lol
Yea man, it's some risky stuff, that's why I could never try it until I got an blood test or advice from someone for dosages for my body. Your dosages have to be perfect to avoid side effects.

• +1
Are your growth plates open? Sadly, catch up growth only happens if you literally went through a period where your physical development was randomly slowed down. I wonder if it helps people who did reach their predicted height due to unforeseen low IGF-1 levels.
no idea, height would be good, i have some hope as side of my family grew to 5'11 in 20s but im doing mainly for face masculinisation, clavicles. im eating high gi diet too to increase insulin and igf1

going by this article they still do it in some places but too much can be harmful apparently. wonder what the effects are for those that do consume it. agreed that some should probably be eaten since we are made to consume the whole animal
that article was written in the 80s

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Chintuck22 and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Advice for people with open growth plates = fuck off

Solved problem

Best to start with very low dose of thyroid. Run it for two weeks and only increase gradually.

Also look into your genetics ie: DIO2 polymorphism (inability to convert t4 into t3, may mean you need more t3)

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali
50? Lol I took 200mcg last year (with 10iu of hgh)

• JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22
Advice for people with open growth plates = fuck off

Solved problem
fair, however, this website is quite popular now, with people of all age groups lurking.

50? Lol I took 200mcg last year (with 10iu of hgh)
What were your results? ( unless it wasn't for heightmaxxing )
You must be suicidal to do 200mcg if you have a normally functioning thyroid.

Im so confused. Where tf are you guys getting this t4 and t3?
I just started taking beef thyroid gland supplements today. Isnt it better to just eat animal thyroid for best effects?

Im so confused. Where tf are you guys getting this t4 and t3?
I just started taking beef thyroid gland supplements today. Isnt it better to just eat animal thyroid for best effects?
i know online sources

why not just eat the organ meat instead of fake jew chemical??? That would prevent overdose? Is this the peak brain compacity of looksmax.org?
both work