Just lol if you think fasting "kills" collagen

D

Deleted member 1849

heightmaxxer
I've seen many users on this forum saying fasting "kills" your collagen or "rapes" your collagen.

The study people got this idea from was done is guinea pigs with scurvy.

In the study described here, this effect was reproduced by acutely fasting normal guinea pigs receiving vitamin C, as determined by measuring collagen and non-collagen protein production after labeling tissues in vitro with [3H]proline. Collagen production (dpm/microgram of DNA) decreased soon after initiating fasting and by 96 h it had reached levels 8-12% of control values.

The effect of fasting on collagen production was independent of age, sex, ascorbate status, species of animal, and type of connective tissue and also was seen with in vivo labeling.

Fasting is so legit for skin. Your body undergoes autophagy and cellular apoptosis. Meaning it kills useless cells essentially. This is why I recommend not using Trentinoin or any other creams that may help your collagen and skin in general if your skin is unhealthy.

What makes unhealthy skin your asking?

Shit diet, Lack of sleep, deficient in certain micro or macro nutrients and vitamins, unbalanced hormones, lack of exercise and not enough sunlight.

TLDR. Fasting does not kill your collagen and may actually improve it.

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet, StuffedFrog, Deprived and 18 others
RAMADAN MAXING

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Over, Schönling, Deleted member 6400 and 17 others

not enough sunlight.
"B-b-but sun k-kills collagen... I stay in my basement all day and I have perfect skin!"

Good thread by the way.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, Deleted member 6427, FutureMogger and 5 others
"B-b-but sun k-kills collagen... I stay in my basement all day and I have perfect skin!"

Good thread by the way.
thx dog.

The sun is so important for collagen people don't even know.

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, Deleted member 5632, Deleted member 6427 and 3 others
  • +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Deleted member 1849
I've seen many users on this forum saying fasting "kills" your collagen or "rapes" your collagen.

The study people got this idea from was done is guinea pigs with scurvy.

In the study described here, this effect was reproduced by acutely fasting normal guinea pigs receiving vitamin C, as determined by measuring collagen and non-collagen protein production after labeling tissues in vitro with [3H]proline. Collagen production (dpm/microgram of DNA) decreased soon after initiating fasting and by 96 h it had reached levels 8-12% of control values.

The effect of fasting on collagen production was independent of age, sex, ascorbate status, species of animal, and type of connective tissue and also was seen with in vivo labeling.

Fasting is so legit for skin. Your body undergoes autophagy and cellular apoptosis. Meaning it kills useless cells essentially. This is why I recommend not using Trentinoin or any other creams that may help your collagen and skin in general if your skin is unhealthy.

Shit diet, Lack of sleep, deficient in certain micro or macro nutrients and vitamins, unbalanced hormones, lack of exercise and not enough sunlight.

TLDR. Fasting does not kill your collagen and may actually improve it.
Chadelite my ramadan brother

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
It also has tons of benefits that vitamin D supplementation can't emulate.
this.

people theorize that the benefits of the sun is actually the rays and the mitochondrial strengthning. Not the actual Vit d.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and her
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, Chadelite, DidntRead and 1 other person
good topic but not sure why the hate on tretinoine or other creams such as moisturizer/suncreen.

good topic but not sure why the hate on tretinoine or other creams such as moisturizer/suncreen.
not hating on it. just saying it should be used on HEALTHY skin.

it's very effective. probably the most effective retnoid. as it activates all the receptors if im not mistaken.
You're on a roll. Good stuff.
thanks man, means a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Good_Little_Goy and Seth Walsh
fasting is one of the healthiest things u can do.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 24789, Deprived, Over and 10 others
fasting is one of the healthiest things u can do.
of course. its shown to cure cancer if done early enough. fasting is biblical bro.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400 and Sikkunt23

Good thread by the way.
Massive sunpill

Gotta stock up on zinc oxide sunscreen

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Seth Walsh and Deleted member 1849
Massive sunpill

Gotta stock up on zinc oxide sunscreen
is there a difference between mineral sunscreens and chemical sunscreens?

i heard chemical sunscreen can be harmful to the endocrine system.
REMINDER.

I am NOT saying don't use sunscreen. I'm suggesting going outside for maybe 15-20 min naked with no sunscreen is good but immidiately put sunscreen on after. and wear a hat.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite

• Mineral sunscreens: There are only two mineral sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. They both work by absorbing into the very surface layers of skin and deflecting or scattering the sun’s harmful rays. These mineral ingredients are sometimes referred to as physical sunscreens or physical blockers, although that’s not a factual representation of how they work.
  • Synthetic sunscreens: There are over 30 synthetic sunscreen ingredients, all of which absorb into the top layers of skin, where they work in two ways: by scattering and deflecting the sun’s harmful rays, and by converting UV rays into heat and “deactivating” them. (Don’t worry, you won’t feel a thing.) Common synthetic sunscreen ingredients include oxybenzone, octinoxate, octisalate, and avobenzone. These are sometimes labeled “chemical sunscreens,” which is both misleading and false. All skincare ingredients, even water, are chemicals.

Mineral sunscreens:

• Begin to work immediately on application, but must be absorbed to be most effective and to ensure they don’t wipe off on clothing.
  • Have almost no risk of irritating skin.
  • May leave a white cast, especially on darker skin tones, but the best pure mineral sunscreens go on invisibly.
  • May need more careful, liberal application because of the way they work in formulas. So, go ahead, slather these on for brilliant protection!
Synthetic sunscreens:

• Begin to work immediately on application, but must be absorbed to be most effective and to ensure they don’t wipe off on clothing.
  • Are generally found in products with thinner textures.
  • Tend to be preferred for water-resistant formulas because they don’t turn milky-looking when you sweat or get wet. But, as with any sunscreen, you must reapply them often.
  • Can be sensitizing for those with extra-sensitive skin.
Whichever sunscreen you choose, it’s crucial to use it year round. Even if you think you’re not at risk for a burn, daylight—even through clouds—will age skin and increase the risk of skin cancer. Scary but true: The sun’s UVA rays come through windows. You won’t feel the damage, but it’s happening nonetheless.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, DidntRead, Deleted member 1849 and 1 other person

REMINDER.

I am NOT saying don't use sunscreen. I'm suggesting going outside for maybe 15-20 min naked with no sunscreen is good but immidiately put sunscreen on after. and wear a hat.
I only use zinc oxide or titanium dioxide just to play it safe, chemical sunscreens give me breakouts as well depending on the ingredient.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 2756, Good_Little_Goy and 2 others
  • Mineral sunscreens: There are only two mineral sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. They both work by absorbing into the very surface layers of skin and deflecting or scattering the sun’s harmful rays. These mineral ingredients are sometimes referred to as physical sunscreens or physical blockers, although that’s not a factual representation of how they work.
  • Synthetic sunscreens: There are over 30 synthetic sunscreen ingredients, all of which absorb into the top layers of skin, where they work in two ways: by scattering and deflecting the sun’s harmful rays, and by converting UV rays into heat and “deactivating” them. (Don’t worry, you won’t feel a thing.) Common synthetic sunscreen ingredients include oxybenzone, octinoxate, octisalate, and avobenzone. These are sometimes labeled “chemical sunscreens,” which is both misleading and false. All skincare ingredients, even water, are chemicals.

Mineral sunscreens:

• Have almost no risk of irritating skin.
  • May leave a white cast, especially on darker skin tones, but the best pure mineral sunscreens go on invisibly.
  • May need more careful, liberal application because of the way they work in formulas. So, go ahead, slather these on for brilliant protection!
Synthetic sunscreens:

• Are generally found in products with thinner textures.
  • Tend to be preferred for water-resistant formulas because they don’t turn milky-looking when you sweat or get wet. But, as with any sunscreen, you must reapply them often.
  • Can be sensitizing for those with extra-sensitive skin.
Whichever sunscreen you choose, it’s crucial to use it year round. Even if you think you’re not at risk for a burn, daylight—even through clouds—will age skin and increase the risk of skin cancer. Scary but true: The sun’s UVA rays come through windows. You won’t feel the damage, but it’s happening nonetheless.
thanks bro. I'm currently using a synthetic sunscreen, I think I'll just stick to it.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Seth Walsh
thanks bro. I'm currently using a synthetic sunscreen, I think I'll just stick to it.
So am I. I think they're the better choice. The whole "Chemical sunscreens may disrupt your endocrine system" is likely just a marketing angle for mineral sunscreens. I also don't like whole zinc oxide completely blocks the UV rays. Synthetic suncreams seem to have a better balance of benefits when it comes to protecting yourself from UV damage while experiencing some of the positives that come with moderate UV exposure too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
I wouldnt have my jawline without doing 48 hour fast

Everything else is a bonus in comparison

Fasting also helps a ton with acne control especially on roid cycles

I also think exercise and a healthy diet are extremely important for good skin and proper aging, alot of high school Chads have let themselves go on pizza and beer ruined their looks in early 20's

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PjSon, Edgar, DidntRead and 2 others
of course. its shown to cure cancer if done early enough. fasting is biblical bro.
yeah p53 tumor supression :)

I also think exercise and a healthy diet are extremely important for good skin and proper aging, alot of high school Chads have let themselves go on pizza and beer ruined their looks in early 20's
I'm starting to love everyone who's coming forward saying how important sleep, water, fasting, exercise, diet etc are. Hopefully this forum will get good again

• +1
Reactions: NoBonezForMoanz, Mateusz74 and Deleted member 1849
Why would you want to be fat anyway. People need to buy some broccoli, put a treadmill under the shower, and lift while running.

• JFL
Reactions: Skywalker
So am I. I think they're the better choice. The whole "Chemical sunscreens may disrupt your endocrine system" is likely just a marketing angle for mineral sunscreens. I also don't like whole zinc oxide completely blocks the UV rays. Synthetic suncreams seem to have a better balance of benefits when it comes to protecting yourself from UV damage while experiencing some of the positives that come with moderate UV exposure too.
legit. I use the Face Reality daily moisturizing spf 30. It gives me a glow from within dude.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
legit. I use the Face Reality daily moisturizing spf 30. It gives me a glow from within dude.
Good stuff. I'm using this

@benignice what do you think? Any better alternative?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth and Deleted member 1849

Very true.

Last edited:
I bought that and tried to use it. It irritates my skin for some reason. good choice tho.
Damn, it might be that that's making my face red. I thought it was just the adapalene. But I've been using adapalene for like 13-14 weeks now and still have some breakouts

• +1
Do you need to use different sunscreens for face and body?

• +1
Damn, it might be that that's making my face red. I thought it was just the adapalene. But I've been using adapalene for like 13-14 weeks now and still have some breakouts
it makes my skin sticky and the next day my hyper pigmentation looks worse. idk tho. try the one i listed above tho. super legit, favorite sunscreen.
Do you need to use different sunscreens for face and body?
generally. You use a moisturizing spf for your face because they are more expensive. Then a cheaper alternative for the rest of your body.

• +1
What's better for skin aging purposes. Tret or ghk-cu?
Hmmm. Very hard to choose because tret is really really important for handling skin aging. But I'm gonna have to say the GHK-cu is better at specific things like healing deep wounds, acne scars, discoloration, tightening, giving a clear complexion. Long term tretinoin is in a league of it's own when it comes to keeping skin healthy but GHK-cu also increases collagen and does ALOT. There's tons of info about it on the internet. It increases overall gene expression in the body by 93000-99000%. I tested this and ran 20million simulations to get the mean and it held true.

GHK-cu also passes through the stratum corneum very effectively (retinoids thin that layer). So GHK-cu serum can reach the dermis and epidermis. Together they're an amazing combo. GHK-cu also upregulates the RARA receptor (Retinoic Acid Receptor -A) by 150-200%. I forget the exact % but I have a thread on here about it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: GigaAscender and Deleted member 1849
Hmmm. Very hard to choose because tret is really really important for handling skin aging. But I'm gonna have to say the GHK-cu is better at specific things like healing deep wounds, acne scars, discoloration, tightening, giving a clear complexion. Long term tretinoin is in a league of it's own when it comes to keeping skin healthy but GHK-cu also increases collagen and does ALOT. There's tons of info about it on the internet. It increases overall gene expression in the body by 93000-99000%. I tested this and ran 20million simulations to get the mean and it held true.

GHK-cu also passes through the stratum corneum very effectively (retinoids thin that layer). So GHK-cu serum can reach the dermis and epidermis. Together they're an amazing combo. GHK-cu also upregulates the RARA receptor (Retinoic Acid Receptor -A) by 150-200%. I forget the exact % but I have a thread on here about it.
damn sounds like a great combo. i bookmarked your thread on GHK-cu, too bad tho I can't use it for the next couple of years. Due to it decreasing IGF-1 by like 300% percent or something due to the binding proteins. good shit tho.

• +1
Isnt sunscreen blocking most of the vitamin D synthesis in the body? and keeping you pale

It’s so easy to lose weight with intermittent fasting, especially if you’re active physically.

• +1
Reactions: Over and Deleted member 1849
Isnt sunscreen blocking most of the vitamin D synthesis in the body? and keeping you pale
yeah, but too much exposure ages the skin.
It’s so easy to lose weight with intermittent fasting, especially if you’re active physically.
so true. there's no reason to be above 15% bf.

But 20-30 min everyday without sunscreen is ok? That way you get all the benefits of the sun but dont overdo it so you dont get sun damage. And sunscreen after 30 min

But 20-30 min everyday without sunscreen is ok? That way you get all the benefits of the sun but dont overdo it so you dont get sun damage. And sunscreen after 30 min
maybe not 20 30 min. Probably more for like 10-15 min. Sun directly ages your skin and can shorten your telomeres. So beware.

Yes but the question is by how much and if it is worth it skipping on a healthy tan and the other benefitd of sun exposure

optimal is 20 mintues in the sun everyday with spf 45.

• Hmm...
maybe not 20 30 min. Probably more for like 10-15 min. Sun directly ages your skin and can shorten your telomeres. So beware.
Is that a general rule or does it differ slightly depending on your natural melanin?

Is that a general rule or does it differ slightly depending on your natural melanin?
if dark skinned you need more
if cum skinned you need less
if jew stay inside

optimal is 20 mintues in the sun everyday with spf 45.
I remember Joseph Mercola saying that 20 minutes of daily sunlight exposure at midday is enough for most people (without sunscreen).

• +1
I remember Joseph Mercola saying that 20 minutes of daily sunlight exposure at midday is enough for most people (without sunscreen).
that's for white pepl most doctors/dermintologists have white pepl as baseline standards

it differs ofc. white people genrally age worse than ethnics because they have thinner skin and less melanin. if you have thicker skin or naturally have more melanin you can afford to stay outside without sunscreen more ofc. but limit to about 10-20min.

It's over for people who think Chad isn't eating Mcdonalds and Pizza 24/7.

what's the use for sunscreen if you don't leave the house?
in all seriousness though, my sunscreen is melanotan 2.

• +1
Soooooooo, just drinking water and not eating anything is good?

• +1
what's the use for sunscreen if you don't leave the house?
in all seriousness though, my sunscreen is melanotan 2.
good point. increase of melanin protects skin from UV rays. Don't put on sunscreen if you don't leave the house, it's a waste.

But to think an increase of melanin or taking beta caretone or astaxanthin will do as good as chemical sunscreens is major cope.

I think I read something as to artificial blue light aging the skin, don't know if it's legit but I'll think I'll look into that more. If so putting on sunscreen even if you don't leave the house will be good. Don't forget sunscreen on neck upper chest and hand too.
Soooooooo, just drinking water and not eating anything is good?
essentially yes. To an extent. You have to balance it with a good diet, proper sun exposure nude, good sleep and exercise.