Memorizing large amounts of information

Deleted member 10413

Deleted member 10413

🌸🌼❤️✨👑✨❤️🌼🌸

*Memory Palace*​

A Memory Palace is an imaginary location in your mind where you can store mnemonic images. The most common type of memory palace involves making a journey through a place you know well, like a building or town. Along that journey there are specific locations that you always visit in the same order.​

1) Decide on the map's location​

The layout of your mind palace is crucial for it to function appropriately.​
While it is possible to completely construct your own layout from your imagination, this will take extra energy that you don’t need to expend. The goal is to be so familiar with your palace’s layout that you can run through it in your mind without having to think about it.​
With this in mind, some of the best locations to use would be:​
  • Your house
  • Your workplace
  • Your school
  • A childhood park

2) Establish the main items​

Now, assuming that you are able to walk through the palace in your mind without struggling to recall details, you are ready to start assigning permanent items.​
You should select 4-5 items in each room. Optimal items to select are:​
  • Furniture
  • Artwork
  • Windows
  • Decorations
  • Other prominent features.

3) Determine your route​

This is the step that catches most people off guard. In short, you must order each item in your room, and follow that order EVERY time you use your mind palace.​
A mind palace’s functionality lies largely in repetition and visual cues. So now that you have your mind palace memorized, and the items within it selected, you have to establish a route that you will always walk when recalling things. In other words, you must order your items. Some people find it easier to give a number to each item in their memory palace.​

4) Adding information to permanent items​

Next you will convert the information to a visual form.This means even if it's numbers, cards, test information, or a speech; you must turn it into visual information.​
The best way to convert the information is to make absurd visually/sensory stimulating image that reminds you of the information. Bright colors, crazy textures, sounds, feelings, and movement helps with this.​

5) Create more than one​

Yes, the answer is that simple. You are no doubt familiar with more than one location in the world, so you can create more palaces. Many memory champions will create multiple palaces for various commonly memorized topics.​

*The forgetting curve*​

1) What is it​

This graph illustrates that when you first learn something, the information disappears at an exponential rate, i.e. you lose most of it in the first couple of days, after which the rate of loss tapers off.​
the-forgetting-curve.png

Every time you reinforce the information, the rate of decline reduces​
combating-the-forgetting-curve.png

2) Spaced repetition

Spaced repetition is a method where you remember a certain fact within specific time intervals which increase each time the fact is presented or said.​

3) Anki

You can build a Memory Palace with nothing more than your mind and list of things you wish to store in there. But every Memory Palace needs maintenance, you have to revisit it often enough to maintain the memory. Its recommenced to make one flashcard using anki for every stop in the memory palace and at precise intervals anki will remind you to recall that information to ensure you don't forget it.​
I haven't used anki (I really should though) but there is an entire Discord and Reddit dedicated to it​

Here are the previous guides​

Tagging chill users
@RAITEIII @sytyl @Hozay @DianabolDownie @FraudingIQ @Fuckmachine @GreenTea @thecel @johncruz12345 @Madhate @Original @john2 @africancel @GODmaxxing @warpsociety @Alexanderr

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • So Sad
Reactions: NeymarMaxxing, Finalcut123, Colombianpill and 24 others
Why do your high effort threads get so few replies.

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel, CANI, Deleted member 6273 and 1 other person
1. They are long so few people actually read through them
2. I'm not very well known
3. This is more of a looksmax forum so making guides on learning is a bit out of place

Its unfortunate but for the people who do read through them they will greatly help you. Anyway the less people who know about it the better.

Its very rare for someone to use even one of the things I have gone over so far so if you use all of them it will easily put you ahead of the curve.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9779, Lolcel, CANI and 2 others

*Memory Palace*​

A Memory Palace is an imaginary location in your mind where you can store mnemonic images. The most common type of memory palace involves making a journey through a place you know well, like a building or town. Along that journey there are specific locations that you always visit in the same order.​

1) Decide on the map's location​

The layout of your mind palace is crucial for it to function appropriately.​
While it is possible to completely construct your own layout from your imagination, this will take extra energy that you don’t need to expend. The goal is to be so familiar with your palace’s layout that you can run through it in your mind without having to think about it.​
With this in mind, some of the best locations to use would be:​
  • Your house
  • Your workplace
  • Your school
  • A childhood park

2) Establish the main items​

Now, assuming that you are able to walk through the palace in your mind without struggling to recall details, you are ready to start assigning permanent items.​
You should select 4-5 items in each room. Optimal items to select are:​
  • Furniture
  • Artwork
  • Windows
  • Decorations
  • Other prominent features.

3) Determine your route​

This is the step that catches most people off guard. In short, you must order each item in your room, and follow that order EVERY time you use your mind palace.​
A mind palace’s functionality lies largely in repetition and visual cues. So now that you have your mind palace memorized, and the items within it selected, you have to establish a route that you will always walk when recalling things. In other words, you must order your items. Some people find it easier to give a number to each item in their memory palace.​

4) Adding information to permanent items​

Next you will convert the information to a visual form.This means even if it's numbers, cards, test information, or a speech; you must turn it into visual information.​
The best way to convert the information is to make absurd visually/sensory stimulating image that reminds you of the information. Bright colors, crazy textures, sounds, feelings, and movement helps with this.​

5) Create more than one​

Yes, the answer is that simple. You are no doubt familiar with more than one location in the world, so you can create more palaces. Many memory champions will create multiple palaces for various commonly memorized topics.​

*The forgetting curve*​

1) What is it​

This graph illustrates that when you first learn something, the information disappears at an exponential rate, i.e. you lose most of it in the first couple of days, after which the rate of loss tapers off.​
the-forgetting-curve.png

Every time you reinforce the information, the rate of decline reduces​
combating-the-forgetting-curve.png

2) Spaced repetition

Spaced repetition is a method where you remember a certain fact within specific time intervals which increase each time the fact is presented or said.​

3) Anki

You can build a Memory Palace with nothing more than your mind and list of things you wish to store in there. But every Memory Palace needs maintenance, you have to revisit it often enough to maintain the memory. Its recommenced to make one flashcard using anki for every stop in the memory palace and at precise intervals anki will remind you to recall that information to ensure you don't forget it.​
I haven't used anki (I really should though) but there is an entire Discord and Reddit dedicated to it​

Here are the previous guides​

Tagging chill users
@RAITEIII @sytyl @Hozay @DianabolDownie @FraudingIQ @Fuckmachine @GreenTea @thecel @johncruz12345 @Madhate @Original @john2 @africancel @GODmaxxing @warpsociety @Alexanderr
Good thread. I used the space repetition technique many times when I pulled all-nighters back in high school. I would read text A and memorize it. After that I would take a break by reading text B and memorizing it. Then I would try to recall text A from memory and doing that 3-4 times made it almost permanent in my head. From my experience, I believe writing what you want to memorize is a very underrated method too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10602 and Deleted member 10413
cause we don’t know what to say to such high iq shit without detracting from the thread lol

mirin thread op, concise and lots of shit I’ve never seen despite researching stuff like this myself so fuck yea

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 10413
Good thread. Unfortunately I'm ADHDcel

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2403 and Deleted member 10413
crazy to think scholars back then memorised thousands of sentences

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10413
Good thread. I used the space repetition technique many times when I pulled all-nighters back in high school. I would read text A and memorize it. After that I would take a break by reading text B and memorizing it. Then I would try to recall text A from memory and doing that 3-4 times made it almost permanent in my head. From my experience, I believe writing what you want to memorize is a very underrated method too.
did you write your boards in India? Indian Education system is utterly fucked bro its just memorizing bs thankfully I have to give online exams and can copy ez lol

Good thread and high effort OP

Repetition is key to memory

Thats why I bring up the Jews in almost every single post I make ded srs, people may think its annoying but I am secretly implementing the idea of Jews into every user on this site long after they log off, I also do this in real life and it works flawlessly

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Cain and Deleted member 10413
Well I will finally be able to finish the last guide today. After that I will order them structure them all together and then take a very long nap. But it should be completley done by tonight.
tenor.gif
tumblr_n81jewx5CN1s0xjvpo1_400.gif

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6402
nice read , also going from subject to subject, "interrupting" your focus according to this book strengthens memory muscles...

but other writers like cal newport empasize focusing on one task at hand, "deep learning". He is of mega IQ though.

High effort bro
Mirin

I haven't used anki (I really should though) but there is an entire Discord and Reddit dedicated to it
very high IQ, appreciate the effort – sounds like cope to me if you are writing about this stuff without having tried anki, how much experience do you have with this?