Misconceptions about wide hips [+ Hips Thread Part 2]

Hipcel

Hipcel

Booze is my fuel
This thread is somewhat lengthy, I included pictures to make it more easily understandable.

So I’ve noticed some users mistakenly assume that wide hips = wide upper pelvic bones only

hywkDSS.jpg

That’s not true. You can have perfectly normal upper hip line width but bad hip joint / total p2p femoral head width. Take a look at this picture.

110728460-woman-and-girl-size-chart-human-front-side-silhouette-isolated-on-white-background-vector-illustrati.jpg

Notice the difference between high hip line and low hip line at different levels of the Z spatial axis.

Example of wide lower hips but normal upper hip line

5pA5vVw.jpg

I’ve proposed ways of trying to mitigate this problem at the linked “Thread 1” above, but that post’s main conceptual shortcoming was the failure to classify hipcel types according to the ways in which each can in principle be addressed.

There are 4 types of width irregularities that make up the hipceldom problem partially or entirely.

T1
Generally wide pelvis. So not necessarily bad upper hip to lower hip ratio, but bad waist + ribcage to hips ratio, and bad shoulders to hips ratio.
  • Wide Ilium bones, meaning wider high hip line because of Iliac crests’ point to point distance
Pelvis_diagram.png
Bones-girdle.jpg

• Wide lower hip distance, as a side effect of
a) wider Sacrum resulting in larger pelvic cavity
b) lower Ilium’s geometry and size
c) Pubic and Ischium’s bones width
d) see Type 4 below

Example:
1884810_looksmax.jpg

T2

Wide lower hips, but NOT upper hips below the waist
DTGj2HI.jpg

Result of
a) lower Ilium’s geometry and size
b) Pubic and Ischium’s bones width
c) see Type 4 below

Examples:
vUJN1gn.jpg

Ivanka-Trump---Jogging-candids-on-Miami-Beach-13.jpg

c3a04240aba6589c76a3230476adc63c.jpg

T3
Wide upper hips AND even wider lower hips

(T2 but grown in width. So average upper hip width → wide and higher already lower hip width → even wider.
Essentially the closest a male pelvis can come to a female’s, minus Ilium’s edge to Pubic/Hip joint distance aka height at the Z spatial axis. Women’s pelvis is significantly shorter than men’s
mfpelvis-social.png

but that’s irrelevant here)

Examples:
7vIT0am.png
2730877_1644261332962.png

T4
This won’t alone make someone a hipcel but it’ll contribute. Femoral heads’ issue, but rare. Either

a) very small upper and lower pelvic body in width and long femurs with big femoral head bodies each

tallest_1528181849.jpg

OR

b) a condition - deformity called Coxa Vara whereby the angle between the head and the shaft of the femur is reduced to less than 120 degrees.

450px-FemurAngles.jpg

This is important because the angle (and size) of the femoral head can determine whether you’ll have protruding lower hips or not if your pelvis geometry isn’t ideal already.

So it makes sense that, deformities aside, a person with smaller angle will have higher lower hip width all else being equal

d2bdda4f-5077-4099-bdda-4f5077d0996b

Women won’t actively focus on your hips, but a dogshit frame like this guy’s:
jm2Ugpk.jpg

will unconsciously put them off.
A somewhat better frame, with ribcage narrower than hips is still unattractive

Check the 4 types. Keep in mind that both men and women have a wider lower hips distance after puberty as seen in this Wikipedia photo.

If you have shit frame, were fat during puberty (increased rate of T to Estradiol), got exposed to high growth hormone levels (that’s why tall guys are more likely to be hipcels), even after most plates fused (people with big hands and feet), exposed to very high T that aromatized, or have shit estrogen receptor density or K syndrome, your risk is higher.
Being an anxious person with elevated cortisol during puberty probably wouldn’t help either.

Gym isn’t guaranteed to work. Gandy roided and worked out and still has noticeably wide lower hips.

0_TGR_GLO_16122018DavidGandy_03.jpg

1. Stop doing heavy glute work, you probably will have added Y axis width (depth) so a 3/4 side front profile would make it look worse, and way worse if naked. Do isolated quad + and hamstring workout preferably
  2. Train side abs / obliques
8507d5a67b54fa9295e7fdbee7481a4d.jpg

1. Train shoulders heavily
  2. Consider clavicle lengthening*** (this is a good thread by @RealSurgerymax )

I don’t recommend steroids.
This guy did an impressive transformation
2623942_12331232-jpg.1647898

Surgery:
Coming back to what I wrote earlier: I’ve proposed ways of trying to mitigate this problem at the linked “Thread 1**” above, but that post’s not only hadn't classification for the corresponding solution, it was mainly to showcase that Eppley's surgery alone is useless.
**https://looksmax.org/threads/eppleys-solution-to-the-wide-hips-question-is-a-cope-surgery.490104/

1. There’s already cosmetic surgery being offered for wide hips (see Thread 1) by Eppley:
https://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/how-can-i-reduce-the-horizontal-width-of-my-hips-hip-reduction/

The problem is that surgery alone as posted is COPE. It’s supplemental only for cases with wide upper hips, aka T1, T3 not T2 or T4 - but again doing it alone as a T1 or T3, would then give you clear T2 hips, since your lower hip width = left unchanged.

1. If you read Thread 1 ’s comments, it turns out that you working out your upper body might not be enough for bad cases (see T3 pics)

1. Pelvic osteotomy would fix the problem instead of mask it, plus give you some bonus height. It'd probably require shaving of the inner pubic bones first:
7U3hBBx.jpg
Mz7CZ7X.png

But surely enough no one will agree to do it on syndromic clients.

1. Coxa Vara fixing surgery, Corrective Valgus osteotomy is essentially a surgery changing the femoral head angle (see T4). Orthopedic surgeons like Dror Paley (who does LL) who do this, not sure if they’ll do it to non deformed patients
DA7C57FF5.gif

Proof:
https://www.researchgate.net/figure...A-Coxa-magna-with-saddle-shaped_fig1_51479771

T4, T2 --> Workout side abs, obliques, shoulders, avoid glute training, forget Eppley also 4) consider 4, if it's really bad.
T1, T3 --> Workout side abs, obliques, shoulders, avoid glute training - focus on hamstrings and quads, Eppley's surgery would work for you only if you done something for your lower hip width FIRST

*** You can add up to 5cm shoulder width with Clavicle Lengthening.

That guy didn't do Clavicle Lengthening

As long as I remember the default answer to the wide hips question from the Looksmax community has been:
My man, sorry but it's over for you.

Well, there you go ☝☝.

@SubhumanCurrycel @6’1cel @Zer0/∞ @Danish_Retard @tyronelite @Bandana @OldVirgin @HOLYFUARK @6ft4 @jfcage @Tallooksmaxxer @Natural Hypertrophy @Lorsss @DoctorLooksmax @TeraCope54 @Gonthar @astatine @alienmaxxer @Phillybeard1996 @Jack Storm @Edgar @Sens @Constantin Denis @TrestIsBest @PubertyMaxxer @deepweb1298 @ChristianChad @Copemaxxing @EverythingMaxxer @Worthlesshapa777 @SHARK @wristcel @mulattomaxxer @amnestics @fjor2096 @tents @nitesik @Lygodactylus @Baldingman1998 @HQNPmaxxing @Übermogger @ALP @Looksmax Refugee @RabidRosaries @currylightskin @8PSLcel @5ft1 @Chadeep @beachdude123 @untouchable_coper @KingOfKyiv @Jamesothy @Nameless_Sunflower @subhuman incel @AscendingHero @Moggie @thecel @PapiMew @NegativeNorwood @Acromegaly_Chad @TsarTsar444 @germanlooks @PCT01 @bignosesmallchin @Gaia262 @LightSkinNoob @Gallowglass @VicMackey @tooLOW @GandyIsNormie @Toth's thot @Xangsane @Guerrilla @AcidMan @Thyroidoverrope33 @House Lannister @Hades @AlexBrown84

Edit: For the low IQ users like Danish Retard and @incel194012940 , you don't have to roid and fuck up your balls and natural test production and overall health. READ ffs: Clavicle lengthening can emulate this
Don't comment if you haven't read the post. It's not that hard.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Sanguinius, Hades, Corleone and 50 others
Over for hipcels

• +1
Reactions: justinzayn, JapaneBAC, Slob and 1 other person
Being a framecel is gross

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: justinzayn, Buci, Slob and 5 others
Good high iq thread.

I am not sure if i have wide hips because i am skinnyfat and have narrow waist but even if i have its probably upper hips. Lifefuel.

Caging at hourglass Gandy.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: reddotguy, RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 23554 and 9 others

Buah I imagine myself as a woman and the left is fucking disgusting and the right makes my pussy drip so much, now I understand what women feel when they see a muscular ripped body

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Harry from mogwarts, reddotguy, Hades and 23 others
91AFAB90 A87B 40A7 85BE B33E11E5EA88 4 5005 c

what kind of hipcel am I?

i think both

• +1
Reactions: ConspiracyTheory
"There are no solutions other than using steroids"

"I don't recommend steroids"

Retarded thread

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing, mogstar, poopoohead and 23 others
dnr but glad I’m not you lol

What kind of hipcel am I

Attachments

• 20220914_210418.jpg
    20220914_210418.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 0
"There are no solutions other than using steroids"

"I don't recommend steroids"

Retarded thread
Have fun fucking up your entire hormone system and aging prematurely because muh roids. Clavicle lengthening can emulate this, you didn't even read it.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: poopoohead, Deleted member 1660, Deleted member 14392 and 1 other person

Buah I imagine myself as a woman and the left is fucking disgusting and the right makes my pussy drip so much, now I understand what women feel when they see a muscular ripped body
Left looks honestly so bad and low sex appeal that even a chad face could barley save it

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Kazzy, poopoohead, RAMU KAKA and 17 others
None if you have muscular legs. Otherwise mild Type 2 hipcel like me.
My legs lag behind my upper body

I was thinking type 2 I have similar ish frame to gandy

• So Sad
Reactions: Hipcel
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 27932, Johanjohan, HerpDerpson and 7 others
Have fun fucking up your entire hormone system and aging prematurely because muh roids. Clavicle lengthening can emulate this, you didn't even read it.
Clavicle lengthening is barely perceptible because of the rounding it causes through rotation, and there's a total of 2 somewhat trustworthy surgeons that perform it.

Meanwhile roiding has been studied and done for decades.

None if you have muscular legs. Otherwise mild Type 2 hipcel like me.
also do you see how one of my hips like noticabely juts out more than the other one?

right hand side in the pic (left irl cos pic is mirrored)

wtf is up with that?

Clavicle lengthening is barely perceptible because of the rounding it causes through rotation, and there's a total of 2 somewhat trustworthy surgeons that perform it.

Meanwhile roiding has been studied and done for decades.
How's it barely perceptible if you can add 5cm total width? Mirin low IQ.

• Hmm...
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 1660 and Danish_Retard
1.ops username is hipcel

2.the threads gon be hella biased and projected on

ignored

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and callisto
ops username is hipcel

the threads gon be hella biased and projected on

ignored
Stick to your low IQ posts [OFF-TOPIC]. Your entire existence in this forum is off topic anyway

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 1660, Deleted member 1851 and 3 others
2853331 2623942 12331232
wtf nigga did his dick got fucking bigger too? Gona hop on hgh + test RN

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693, poopoohead and Constantin Denis

Is this a real transformation?

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, justinzayn, Buci and 1 other person
Mods need to pin this ASAP. Also brutally over for me I am Type 2 but also lanklet at the same time so I literally mog most women in hip:chest ratio.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Buci, mvp2v1 and Hipcel
I was skinny my entire childhood am I good?
It's not guaranteed, I was skinny from age 4-5 and above and yet here I am 26cm waist width yet 32cm hip joints. It's not death tier, but not ideal either.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 1660, Marsiere214 and 1 other person
one of the tricks you can use to
look better on hip area is
opening your legs a bit while standing
hipcels have the appearance of a downward triangle on the hip area
when open your legs a bit your hip area looks like a downward U or if u lucky an upward Triangle.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
It's not guaranteed, I was skinny from age 4-5 and above and yet here I am 26cm waist width yet 32cm hip joints. It's not death tier, but not ideal either.
is that supposed to be wide.

is that supposed to be wide.
It doesn't have to be. Hipceldom is about proportions. A small upper pelvis width with average lower pelvis width is still unattractive.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 1660
Amazing thread

For all situations I would agree training shoulders and core, losing fat...

However I would also suggest training your lats with vertical and horizontal pulls, as well as the armpit part of your chest with flys. This will increase the perceived width of your upper ribcage.

• +1
Reactions: Sny, Yerico7, Marsiere214 and 4 others
Normally i have slightly wider hips but my take is that my upperbody did not grow with it, looking at my dad he has wide hips but wide ribcage to match . In fact most of my failos can be traced to fucked up development , working out, specific exercises and taking sarms did improve my situation

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Hipcel and poopoohead
Amazing thread but I dont understand why you tell hipcels not to train glutes. Glutes are always a looksmax if properly developed.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Sny, Yerico7, Deleted member 21146 and 1 other person
T1
Generally wide pelvis. So not necessarily bad upper hip to lower hip ratio, but bad waist + ribcage to hips ratio, and bad shoulders to hips ratio.

Example:
1884810_looksmax.jpg

Very high IQ thread although I think these look like the most womanly hips here tbh but it could just be because the overall physique has 0 muscle on it. @Hipcel what would you consider the ideal hips for a man? Do you have any examples?

• +1
This thread is somewhat lengthy, I included pictures to make it more easily understandable.

So I’ve noticed some users mistakenly assume that wide hips = wide upper pelvic bones only

hywkDSS.jpg

That’s not true. You can have perfectly normal upper hip line width but bad hip joint / total p2p femoral head width. Take a look at this picture.

110728460-woman-and-girl-size-chart-human-front-side-silhouette-isolated-on-white-background-vector-illustrati.jpg

Notice the difference between high hip line and low hip line at different levels of the Z spatial axis.

Example of wide lower hips but normal upper hip line

5pA5vVw.jpg

I’ve proposed ways of trying to mitigate this problem at the linked “Thread 1” above, but that post’s main conceptual shortcoming was the failure to classify hipcel types according to the ways in which each can in principle be addressed.

There are 4 types of width irregularities that make up the hipceldom problem partially or entirely.

T1
  • Wide Ilium bones, meaning wider high hip line because of Iliac crests’ point to point distance
Pelvis_diagram.png
Bones-girdle.jpg

• Wide lower hip distance, as a side effect of
a) wider Sacrum resulting in larger pelvic cavity
b) lower Ilium’s geometry and size
c) Pubic and Ischium’s bones width
d) see Type 4 below

Example:
1884810_looksmax.jpg

T2

Wide lower hips, but NOT upper hips below the waist
DTGj2HI.jpg

Result of
a) lower Ilium’s geometry and size
b) Pubic and Ischium’s bones width
c) see Type 4 below

Examples:
vUJN1gn.jpg

Ivanka-Trump---Jogging-candids-on-Miami-Beach-13.jpg

c3a04240aba6589c76a3230476adc63c.jpg

T3
Wide upper hips AND even wider lower hips

(T2 but grown in width. So average upper hip width → wide and higher already lower hip width → even wider.
Essentially the closest a male pelvis can come to a female’s, minus Ilium’s edge to Pubic/Hip joint distance aka height at the Z spatial axis. Women’s pelvis is significantly shorter than men’s
mfpelvis-social.png

but that’s irrelevant here)

Examples:
7vIT0am.png
2730877_1644261332962.png

T4
This won’t alone make someone a hipcel but it’ll contribute. Femoral heads’ issue, but rare. Either

a) very small upper and lower pelvic body in width and long femurs with big femoral head bodies each

tallest_1528181849.jpg

OR

b) a condition - deformity called Coxa Vara whereby the angle between the head and the shaft of the femur is reduced to less than 120 degrees.

450px-FemurAngles.jpg

This is important because the angle (and size) of the femoral head can determine whether you’ll have protruding lower hips or not if your pelvis geometry isn’t ideal already.

So it makes sense that, deformities aside, a person with smaller angle will have higher lower hip width all else being equal

d2bdda4f-5077-4099-bdda-4f5077d0996b

Women won’t actively focus on your hips, but a dogshit frame like this guy’s:
jm2Ugpk.jpg

will unconsciously put them off.
A somewhat better frame, with ribcage narrower than hips is still unattractive

Check the 4 types. Keep in mind that both men and women have a wider lower hips distance after puberty as seen in this Wikipedia photo.

If you have shit frame, were fat during puberty (increased rate of T to Estradiol), got exposed to high growth hormone levels (that’s why tall guys are more likely to be hipcels), even after most plates fused (people with big hands and feet), exposed to very high T that aromatized, or have shit estrogen receptor density or K syndrome, your risk is higher.
Being an anxious person with elevated cortisol during puberty probably wouldn’t help either.

Gym isn’t guaranteed to work. Gandy roided and worked out and still has noticeably wide lower hips.

0_TGR_GLO_16122018DavidGandy_03.jpg

1. Stop doing heavy glute work, you probably will have added Y axis width (depth) so a 3/4 side front profile would make it look worse, and way worse if naked. Do isolated quad + and hamstring workout preferably
  2. Train side abs / obliques
8507d5a67b54fa9295e7fdbee7481a4d.jpg

1. Train shoulders heavily
  2. Consider clavicle lengthening*** (this is a good thread by @RealSurgerymax )

I don’t recommend steroids.
This guy did an impressive transformation

Surgery:
Coming back to what I wrote earlier: I’ve proposed ways of trying to mitigate this problem at the linked “Thread 1**” above, but that post’s not only hadn't classification for the corresponding solution, it was mainly to showcase that Eppley's surgery alone is useless.
**https://looksmax.org/threads/eppleys-solution-to-the-wide-hips-question-is-a-cope-surgery.490104/

1. There’s already cosmetic surgery being offered for wide hips (see Thread 1) by Eppley:
https://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/how-can-i-reduce-the-horizontal-width-of-my-hips-hip-reduction/

The problem is that surgery alone as posted is COPE. It’s supplemental only for cases with wide upper hips, aka T1, T3 not T2 or T4 - but again doing it alone as a T1 or T3, would then give you clear T2 hips, since your lower hip width = left unchanged.

1. If you read Thread 1 ’s comments, it turns out that you working out your upper body might not be enough for bad cases (see T3 pics)

1. Pelvic osteotomy would fix the problem instead of mask it, plus give you some bonus height. It'd probably require shaving of the inner pubic bones first:
7U3hBBx.jpg
Mz7CZ7X.png

But surely enough no one will agree to do it on syndromic clients.

1. Coxa Vara fixing surgery, Corrective Valgus osteotomy is essentially a surgery changing the femoral head angle (see T4). Orthopedic surgeons like Dror Paley (who does LL) who do this, not sure if they’ll do it to non deformed patients
DA7C57FF5.gif

Proof:
https://www.researchgate.net/figure...A-Coxa-magna-with-saddle-shaped_fig1_51479771

T4, T2 --> Workout side abs, obliques, shoulders, avoid glute training, forget Eppley also 4) consider 4, if it's really bad.
T1, T3 --> Workout side abs, obliques, shoulders, avoid glute training - focus on hamstrings and quads, Eppley's surgery would work for you only if you done something for your lower hip width FIRST

*** You can add up to 5cm shoulder width with Clavicle Lengthening.

That guy didn't do Clavicle Lengthening

As long as I remember the default answer to the wide hips question from the Looksmax community has been:

Well, there you go ☝☝.

@SubhumanCurrycel @6’1cel @Zer0/∞ @Danish_Retard @tyronelite @Bandana @OldVirgin @HOLYFUARK @6ft4 @jfcage @Tallooksmaxxer @Natural Hypertrophy @Lorsss @DoctorLooksmax @TeraCope54 @Gonthar @astatine @alienmaxxer @Phillybeard1996 @Jack Storm @Edgar @Sens @Constantin Denis @TrestIsBest @PubertyMaxxer @deepweb1298 @ChristianChad @Copemaxxing @EverythingMaxxer @Worthlesshapa777 @SHARK @wristcel @mulattomaxxer @amnestics @fjor2096 @tents @nitesik @Lygodactylus @Baldingman1998 @HQNPmaxxing @Übermogger @ALP @Looksmax Refugee @RabidRosaries @currylightskin @8PSLcel @5ft1 @Chadeep @beachdude123 @untouchable_coper @KingOfKyiv @Jamesothy @Nameless_Sunflower @subhuman incel @AscendingHero @Moggie @thecel @PapiMew @NegativeNorwood @Acromegaly_Chad @TsarTsar444 @germanlooks @PCT01 @bignosesmallchin @Gaia262 @LightSkinNoob @Gallowglass @VicMackey @tooLOW @GandyIsNormie @Toth's thot @Xangsane @Guerrilla @AcidMan @Thyroidoverrope33 @House Lannister @Hades @AlexBrown84

Edit: For the low IQ users like Danish Retard and @incel194012940 , you don't have to roid and fuck up your balls and natural test production and overall health. READ ffs: Clavicle lengthening can emulate this
Don't comment if you haven't read the post. It's not that hard.
I thought I have wide hips, but they dissapeared completely after gaining around 15-20kg in mass. The only way it can be visible if I breath out completely.

I think its the case for lots of people, most of guys dont have wide hips but underdeveloped upper body.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, RAMU KAKA, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
Amazing thread but I dont understand why you tell hipcels not to train glutes. Glutes are always a looksmax if properly developed.
Because they will make the physique look feminine as hell if there is a big curvy ass with wide hips. Hipcels already are screwed a lot of the time because they can't achieve that V taper. Look at hamza, he has an hourglass physique like a woman. Hipcels can't afford to have any more womanly features.
Hamza framecel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23554, Buci, Hipcel and 1 other person
Because they will make the physique look feminine as hell if there is a big curvy ass with wide hips. Hipcels already are screwed a lot of the time because they can't achieve that V taper. Look at hamza, he has an hourglass physique like a woman. Hipcels can't afford to have any more womanly features.
View attachment 1869106
Hamza’s physique still looks masculine in recent videos, this one is bad pic.

Hamza’s physique still looks masculine in recent videos, this one is bad pic.
Hamza just knows how to hide his flaws. Notice how he wears a robe in every video? He is always covering his asymmetrical ear with a hood. He should just get ear surgery already for fuck sake

• +1
Reactions: Buci, Max Frauder and Hipcel
Hamza just knows how to hide his flaws. Notice how he wears a robe in every video? He is always covering his asymmetrical ear with a hood. He should just get ear surgery already for fuck sake
He cant make surgery at this point because of things he say. Stuff about “make your weaknesses your strength points”. So he wont remove his gyno or fix ear, cuz its his strength points now :lul: :lul:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Buci, Danish_Retard, beachdude123 and 1 other person
I'm not sure I even have wide hips. They're narrower than the average. They're just proportionally kind of big

• +1
I'm not sure I even have wide hips. They're narrower than the average. They're just proportionally kind of big
it means that your upper body is lacking, and its fixable

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 17791
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hipcel and nitesik
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Buci and Deleted member 17791
Last edited:
  • So Sad