My youth supplements -- am I taking too much?

UnderTheKnife

UnderTheKnife

Med surgerymaxxed aspie
Here is a list of my daily "youth" supplements:

- NMN + Resveratrol + TMG (aka Betaine / Trimethylglycine)
- PQQ + CoQ10 + Glutathione
- [ONCE A WEEK]: Senolytic Activator (contains fisetin, theaflavins, quercetin, apigenin)

- Borage oil, which contains GLA (Gamma-Linolenic Acid)
- Pomegranate extract, which contains Ellagic Acid

- Collagen
- L-Lysine

- Vitamin D + K2
- Vitamin C
- Multimineral

- Lutein & Zeaxanthin (for eye health)

I am a bit concerned though that some supplements might have the same functionality as some others, which could cause me to "overdose" on some stuff. For example, lots of these stuff have antioxidants. Is there such a thing as taking "too much antioxidants"? etc. etc.

• Ugh..
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: poly66, 5.5psl, ThousandCuts and 2 others
All this and missing one of the most important ones... glycine

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama and Bewusst

- [ONCE A WEEK]: Senolytic Activator (contains fisetin, theaflavins, quercetin, apigenin)

- Collagen
- L-Lysine

- Vitamin D + K2
- Vitamin C
- Multimineral

I am a bit concerned though that some supplements might have the same functionality as some others, which could cause me to "overdose" on some stuff. For example, lots of these stuff have antioxidants. Is there such a thing as taking "too much antioxidants"? etc. etc.
some of these i know are good (Vitamin D, K, C, Collagen, Lutein, Zeaxanthin) but i’ve literally never heard of the rest, can you explain what they do

no supplements for your sagging midface fat pads

• So Sad
Reactions: Torero
20433.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: keegan, materialistic, Deleted member 17244 and 1 other person

- Collagen
- L-Lysine

- Vitamin D + K2
- Vitamin C
- Multimineral

i wish i wasnt third worlder so i could afford all of it.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: russiancelreturns, UnderTheKnife and Deleted member 26640
David Sinclair is an Australian Scammer, don't take Resveratrol or NMN or anything else he sells.
Glutathione is not well absorbed,. you are better off taking NAC. I take 1.5g/day NAC in powder form. Tastes great, not.
You are taking Senolytics wrong, They are not supplements, they are chemotheraphy agents. You should take once every couple of months in a large enough dose to almost make you almost sick. For example I take 2.5g of Fisiten once every 4 months. And I take Dasatinb 230mg/Quercetin 2,500mg once every 4 months. I also take Ganthoda and Black Ginger on a similar schedule.
You are probably not taking enough Collagen to make a difference. I take 30g/week. And I supplement an additional 3g/day of Glycine which is the most important amino acid in Collagen.
D2 intake will depend where you live. I don't think most K2 supplements have adequate K2. A couple months ago I started taking a supplement called Koncentrated K, it has 25mg MK4 and 500 mcg MK7 and some K1.
I take a lot of Co Q10 because I am on a low dose Statin. I don't take any of those other supplements, PQQ looks interesting, just not interesting enough for me to spend big $ on it.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: zeshama, UnderTheKnife and dough
no buckyball? :feelshmm:

also hasn't resveratrol been shown to be ineffective/counterproductive? :feelshmm:

• +1
Reactions: OldRooster
David Sinclair is an Australian Scammer, don't take Resveratrol or NMN or anything else he sells.
Glutathione is not well absorbed,. you are better off taking NAC. I take 1.5g/day NAC in powder form. Tastes great, not.
You are taking Senolytics wrong, They are not supplements, they are chemotheraphy agents. You should take once every couple of months in a large enough dose to almost make you almost sick. For example I take 2.5g of Fisiten once every 4 months. And I take Dasatinb 230mg/Quercetin 2,500mg once every 4 months. I also take Ganthoda and Black Ginger on a similar schedule.
You are probably not taking enough Collagen to make a difference. I take 30g/week. And I supplement an additional 3g/day of Glycine which is the most important amino acid in Collagen.
D2 intake will depend where you live. I don't think most K2 supplements have adequate K2. A couple months ago I started taking a supplement called Koncentrated K, it has 25mg MK4 and 500 mcg MK7 and some K1.
I take a lot of Co Q10 because I am on a low dose Statin. I don't take any of those other supplements, PQQ looks interesting, just not interesting enough for me to spend big $ on it.
i have a liposomal softgel glutathione, would that still not absorb well enough? also what does CoQ10 do

you take 30g collagen daily?

source to it?

Yep plain ole Niacin and Niacinamide will give you the same NAD+ boost as NMN. Fisiten people argue about frequency but even a couple of days blast of liposomal Fisetin a anually should help a lot as you get up in age. Needs to be a liposomal form though to have the big effect with senescent cell removal. Probably useless for people under 35 though.

Why do you take the Co Q10 while on a statin?

- Collagen
- L-Lysine

- Vitamin D + K2
- Vitamin C
- Multimineral

excessive antioxidants can act as oxidants in your body. The more antioxidants you take the higher the chance of some or maybe many of them turning to oxidants

its ok I like the list maybe aswell try it too