New potential way to measure forward growth (Facial depth to height ratio)

T

TheEndHasNoEnd

No avi halo
When we think of forward growth, we usually think of faces that are wide from the side, and compact. We think of recession as long, flat faces. So I believe that a good way to measure forward growth would be to measure the facial depth to height ratio from the side profile.

The measurement goes as the following:
Image0 13 20200508045320774

Crop a box with the length being the distance from the nasion until most protrusive part of chin and the width being the distance from the tragus until the length line. You then divide the width by the height and you'll get your facial depth to height (fDHR) ratio.

IDEAL MEASUREMENT IS 1.06-1.07

Reminder: Make sure head posture is the same as the example pic when measuring

Here are some measurements of models/celebrities:

5d70354b7e1e6image

Brad Pitt: 1.093 fDHR

Margot Robbie Unexpected Side Part

Margot Robbie: 1.125 fDHR

Ed624cc5b96aa808521a1fb11a96a1b8  01  01

Jordan Barrett: 1.03 fDHR

Unnamed 12

Sean O'Pry: 1 fDHR

3b2453c61fbdff9b0c53e9793e5963a0

Henry Cavill: 1.06 fDHR

Keep in mind forward growth is mostly developmental, as Margot Robbie has near perfect development and gets the highest I've seen so far. Whereas Barrett isn't so impressive on this albeit having the highest fWHR and midface ratio here (which is mostly genetic).

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Slob, thecel, Bromose and 9 others
what would pitts measurement be

oh look... it's over again

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slob, Good_Little_Goy, Entschuldigung and 4 others
you might be onto something

uh i have like 1,3 with this

Nice thread but make some measurements of models(Barret) and put it into the op.

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
uh i have like 1,3 with this
with the same posture as the example pic? keep in mind margot robbie, who has top tier development, scored a 1.125 with this.

• +1
Reactions: Bromose
with the same posture as the example pic? keep in mind margot robbie, who has top tier development, scored a 1.125 with this.
ye im very foward grown havent measured exactly can do later

What if the chin overprojects the nasion like Barrett here

High iq thread ngl

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Bromose and Deleted member 2661
But the example is just a rough anatomic illustration Why would you assume it to have ideal proportions?
because the model is used by academics and it fits well with the human skull

• +1
because the model is used by academics and it fits well with the human skull
Yes, but for what purpose? To illustrate ideal facial proportions, or the Frankfurt plane?

Yes, but for what purpose? To illustrate ideal facial proportions, or the Frankfurt plane?
ideal facial proportions on the frankfurt plane

• +1
its probably the most accurate of a model we can get for this measurement, its a normal human skull and tragus is positioned at the tmd and the nasion is where it should be, which are the only pieces of info we need

• +1
how would u accouunt for tilting heads

how would u accouunt for tilting heads
literally just have the same posture as the example pic i posted or any of the models/celebs examples

• +1
its probably the most accurate of a model we can get for this measurement, its a normal human skull and tragus is positioned at the tmd and the nasion is where it should be, which are the only pieces of info we need
It's not a bad model. However, using a drawing to determine an ideal measurement down to two decimals is a considerable stretch.

It's not a bad model. However, using a drawing to determine an ideal measurement down to two decimals is a considerable stretch.
except that the decimals make a big difference due to the surface area being covered, take for instance opry and barretts forward growth difference

• +1
except that the decimals make a big difference due to the surface area being covered, take for instance opry and barretts forward growth difference
Fair enough.

• +1
garbage because I get 1.04

This is utter shit,disgusting posts,soo low IQ,soo what if someone has a long midface and good forward growth?He is going to have a rectangle?SHIT THREAD

• +1
Reactions: Chadlitecel
This is utter shit,disgusting posts,soo low IQ,soo what if someone has a long midface and good forward growth?He is going to have a rectangle?SHIT THREAD
i have 1.13 midface ratio and a .96 on this

• +1
Reactions: Bromose and Chad69
So i'm like 0.85 or some shit. lmfao

are you fucking kidding me? that's in measurement error range. your method doesn't work
it isnt due to the surface area being covered. check barrett vs opry forward growth, only a difference of .03 but barrett looks way more forward grown

• +1
it isnt due to the surface area being covered. check barrett vs opry forward growth, only a difference of .03 but barrett looks way more forward grown
give me a method that gives someone like @Holymanro a score that's at least 35% lower than Robbie, then we're talking

give me a method that gives someone like @Holymanro a score that's at least 35% lower than Robbie, then we're talking
send a pic of him from the side with frankfurt plane posture, robbie is still the highest scoring ive seen so far

• +1
Your side profile either looks good or it doesnt. Why care about autistic measurements

• +1
Reactions: Slob
Your side profile either looks good or it doesnt. Why care about autistic measurements
because the better the measurement the better the side profile looks?

• +1
When we think of forward growth, we usually think of faces that are wide from the side, and compact. We think of recession as long, flat faces. So I believe that a good way to measure forward growth would be to measure the facial depth to height ratio from the side profile.

The measurement goes as the following:
View attachment 396070
Crop a box with the length being the distance from the nasion until most protrusive part of chin and the width being the distance from the tragus until the length line. You then divide the width by the height and you'll get your facial depth to height (fDHR) ratio.

IDEAL MEASUREMENT IS 1.06-1.07

Reminder: Make sure head posture is the same as the example pic when measuring

Here are some measurements of models/celebrities:

View attachment 396145
Brad Pitt: 1.093 fDHR

View attachment 396146
Margot Robbie: 1.125 fDHR

View attachment 396159
Jordan Barrett: 1.03 fDHR

View attachment 396162
Sean O'Pry: 1 fDHR

View attachment 396165
Henry Cavill: 1.06 fDHR

Keep in mind forward growth is mostly developmental, as Margot Robbie has near perfect development and gets the highest I've seen so far. Whereas Barrett isn't so impressive on this albeit having the highest fWHR and midface ratio here (which is mostly genetic).
13FD388C 835A 47C0 8F45 26153A181573

Is she more forward grown than Margot?

what the fuck i got 1.19

Either I'm a retard and don't measure it correctly, or mine is 1.17. Either way, I probably face-depth mog 99 percent of flatcels here

You will know if it matters with your eyes