New way to measure ES ratio

T

TheEndHasNoEnd

No avi halo
Look at Zayn Malik:
Zayn Malik 1

He has an es ratio of .418, yet he looks completely normal, whats going on?

It's because his jaw width is proportional to his IPD. Bigonial should equal 2x IPD. Zayn gets a .9836 IPD(2x) to bigonial ratio, which is very near to the 1:1 ideal.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Administrator, Merćer, Deleted member 5818 and 7 others
dn rd but i luv u

• WTF
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel and TheEndHasNoEnd
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 7076
I think it might be because absolute values matter too. It's like "x shoulder/waist ratio is uncanny"

For instance, Barrett has a very similar ES ratio yet looks like a balloon because his bizygo is simply too wide for a human itself.

If his IPD were any wider to compensate for his massive bizygo, he'd still look uncanny

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife and thecel
i struggle to believe this clown zayn is actually good looking. he's a lot better than average, that's all.
so setting a new lookism theory by giving example as his face is just dumb.

some people with certain features (immigrant, dark pheno) is promoted by mass media.

who would give a shit about this guy if he didn't go out in a fucking boyband with that look anyway...

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: doll and lepo2317
tags tbh or this thread goes under the bus: @streege @Alban @Bromose @thecel @xefo69 @Tom2004 @hairyballscel @Bronze8 @EreptileDysfunction @Deliciadecu (interested to hear ur thoughts on this)

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5818, thecel, Bromose and 1 other person
I think it might be because absolute values matter too. It's like "x shoulder/waist ratio is uncanny"

For instance, Barrett has a very similar ES ratio yet looks like a balloon because his bizygo is simply too wide for a human itself.

If his IPD were any wider to compensate for his massive bizygo, he'd still look uncanny
barrett has a near 1:1 bizygo and bigonial, so he would do dogshit on this measurement too

• +1
Reactions: thecel
i struggle to believe this clown zayn is actually good looking. he's a lot better than average, that's all.
so setting a new lookism theory by giving example as his face is just dumb.

some people with certain features (immigrant, dark pheno) is promoted by mass media.

who would give a shit about this guy if he didn't go out in a fucking boyband with that look anyway...
he has no major failos, which is often superior to pure bone mass. Similar to Chico in that sense, this is what most people refer to as "harmony."
no recession (by virtue of this, his bones are above average) above average eye shape, great nose, lips, decent colouring, hairline, etc.

the regular above average person you see on the street will probably have a strong jaw OR a good eye area + some failos

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Look at Zayn Malik:
View attachment 972078
He has an es ratio of .418, yet he looks completely normal, whats going on?

It's because his jaw width is proportional to his IPD. Bigonial should equal 2x IPD. Zayn gets a .9836 IPD(2x) to bigonial ratio, which is very near to the 1:1 ideal.
Bigonial has nothing to do with it. ES is irrelevant if width is bizygomatic AND the posterior zygomatic arch sits below eye level. Facial width should be measured at eye level; at least as it pertains to es.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926

Legit, what do you think about using the iris diameter as a constant to calculate facial ratios?

Legit, what do you think about using the iris diameter as a constant to calculate facial ratios?
it is very accurate

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
Was never a fan.
For ratios you don't need this, since, well it's ratio.

But for calculating absolute values, still not great.
Issue is that no one posts a proper head-on picture, unfrauded, straight into a camera. Almost never happens. By that I mean Frankfurt plane head tilt, and camera aligned with the facial midline. This will cause variations in measurements.
Secondly, the variation in iris diameter itself would influence measurements significantly. It's all a matter of mms.

Both these factors make it sort of unreliable.

i'll read tomorrow, im too high to understand

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
Seems more or less legit, this is kind of interesting

Was never a fan.
For ratios you don't need this, since, well it's ratio.

But for calculating absolute values, still not great.
Issue is that no one posts a proper head-on picture, unfrauded, straight into a camera. Almost never happens. By that I mean Frankfurt plane head tilt, and camera aligned with the facial midline. This will cause variations in measurements.
Secondly, the variation in iris diameter itself would influence measurements significantly. It's all a matter of mms.

Both these factors make it sort of unreliable.
I see, what I meant was something like iris diameter to mouth width ratio, iris diameter to IPD ratio, etc.
(Sounds autistic af, I know it).

I see, what I meant was something like iris diameter to mouth width ratio, iris diameter to IPD ratio, etc.
(Sounds autistic af, I know it).
Would it really be necessary?

Never have I seen a mouth that's "too wide," and a narrow mouth can be easily discerned either by looking at it/mouth to nose ratio.
Closest to a mouth that's too wide is Chris Carmack.

Better to not use it for IPD too. ES is used because IPD is reliant a lot on facial width too.
Iris diameter won't really affect how your IPD looks ultimately to a normie.
Might as well just say "x mm of IPD is ideal"

Would it really be necessary?

Never have I seen a mouth that's "too wide," and a narrow mouth can be easily discerned either by looking at it/mouth to nose ratio.
Closest to a mouth that's too wide is Chris Carmack.

Better to not use it for IPD too. ES is used because IPD is reliant a lot on facial width too.
Iris diameter won't really affect how your IPD looks ultimately to a normie.
Might as well just say "x mm of IPD is ideal"
You are right tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
good thread, nose bridge also prob comes into play tbh

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 3202 and TheEndHasNoEnd
No response to me refuting your hypothesis.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926
he is very gl tho...

look at the JBs in the comment section jfl.

weeknd adored by young girls too.
singers.

he has such a wide good skull and im here stuck with peanut skull with a receding hairline

• So Sad
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd

Attachments

• 185FA983-7E41-462E-9ACD-4D3639AB0B5C.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 4