Not having a tall skull saves people from a long philtrum

N

NoReedemingFeature

eede
When you look around and observe you notice that most people don't have a good chin to philtrum ratio and still look fine due to having short jaws. Now when you keep the ratio and add a taller skull to it, it suddenly looks like shit.
My sister has a similar chin/philtrum ratio as I do but her philtrum is short due to short jaws and mine is 18mm due to added skull height.
Despite having the same ratio, I look like shit while she looks fine.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and datboijj
Prolly has to do with reducing FWHR when skull is elongated. Someone with a weak lower third like Lindez still looks great because of a high FWHR.

• +1
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature
nose height also influences philtrum length

Prolly has to do with reducing FWHR when skull is elongated. Someone with a weak lower third like Lindez still looks great because of a high FWHR.
Yeah when I was a child and my skull wasn't fully grown I actually managed to look like a human

b3c147e6b03c4c482c7c48907563e4b5.jpg

• Woah
it does the opposite, long mid faces only look good on tall skulls.

• +1
Reactions: Blackgymmax
it does the opposite, long mid faces only look good on tall skulls.
I'm saying the taller your skull gets the longer will your philtrum alongside it. And that someone who's chin/philtrum ratio is bad would theoretically be better of with a shorter skull as the philtrum would end up being worse as a result. A taller chin wouldn't help someone with a long philtrum if the chin/philtrum ratio stays the same.

I'm saying the taller your skull gets the longer will your philtrum alongside it. And that someone who's chin/philtrum ratio is bad would theoretically be better of with a shorter skull as the philtrum would end up being worse as a result. A taller chin wouldn't help someone with a long philtrum if the chin/philtrum ratio stays the same.
it's mostly the length of the mandible and the depth of the ramus that determines facial proportions.

the more down-growth you have the taller your chin tends to be because it causes the angle of the mental protuberance to slope downwards like this.

which causes the chin to look really tall but destroys the appearance of the side profile.

and in most cases down-growth is caused by the mandible compensating for a lack of ramus depth, because if it doesn't do this you end up with most of your lower third missing and wouldn't have space for your mouth.

• +1