One of the oddities in Christianity (and Judaism) is that we will never see God, The Father.

Eternal_

Eternal_

✝️
I always wondered why this has to be the way that it is. In Christianity, we will in fact see Jesus in heaven and He is the physical embodiment and incarnation of God, The Father, but we will never see the intangible God, simply because He is incomprehensible to us and transcends anything we can ever know, see, understand, feel, etc.

I still wonder why. God could still choose to make us in a way that we can see and understand Him. Of course, His answer to this this would be that He did in fact create us to see and understand Him—directly through His incarnation as Jesus, but still.. I have many lingering questions that I have a tough time trying to even verbalize and make sense of. I wish I understood God

• +1
Reactions: liberiangrimreaper and BrahminBoss
44 on my waist, Rick Ross jeans

• +1
Reactions: liberiangrimreaper
It’s cause mind ( nous) is an emanation of God hence cannot circumscribe Godhood right?

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_
God could still choose to make us in a way that we can see and understand Him.
if you could see and understand him then you wouldn't be what you are.

• +1

I believe Jesus said angels can see God the father which means we might be able to after death. I imagine seeing someone so perfect while being in such a wretched sinful body will destroy you. Jacob once wrestled with God which is what confuses me. Maybe he took a limited physical form such as Jesus did?

• +1