One week running progress

D

Deleted member 5145

Screenshot 20210103 0530282
Screenshot 20210103 0530432
Screenshot 20210103 0530533
Screenshot 20210103 0530582

I used to run a lot in 2019 but stopped at the start of 2020 and just LDARed the whole year. The first run was horrible and I had brutal DOMs for the next two days but did easy 1-2k runs I don't feel like are worth including.

I wasn't planning on running such long distances but decided to push myself after seeing this thread https://looksmax.org/threads/starting-another-7-mile-run.270884/ and it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable runs I've been on.

Thank you to the user who made the thread about running being better than coke. Running mogs any antidepressant or drug, you just need to relearn how to enjoy it.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Basedtheticz, PYT, Kristin and 8 others
I'll just lay down and rot bc I found out my oneitis lost her virginity

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Basedtheticz, SoyGune, sorrowfulsad and 6 others
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Basedtheticz, audreyen and Deleted member 9048
Don't be such a cuck :rage:

Virgin or death is the hardest and most brutal pill to swallow.

I guess slaying as much as I can can cope for that mentality but at the same time I don’t want to be a hedonist.

• +1
Reactions: Kristin and Deleted member 5145
Virgin or death is the hardest and most brutal pill to swallow.

I guess slaying as much as I can can cope for that mentality but at the same time I don’t want to be a hedonist.
Just monkmax bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9048
Mirin, I myself am am a runner too it’s my favourite hobby. Feel so alive chucking some headphones in and going running at night

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2119, sytyl and Deleted member 5145
Mirin, I myself am am a runner too it’s my favourite hobby. Feel so alive chucking some headphones in and going running at night
my lungs start burning and I feel death is coming when I do it

• JFL
Reactions: audreyen
Just forestgumpmax

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5145 and audreyen
View attachment 907614View attachment 907615View attachment 907617View attachment 907619
I used to run a lot in 2019 but stopped at the start of 2020 and just LDARed the whole year. The first run was horrible and I had brutal DOMs for the next two days but did easy 1-2k runs I don't feel like are worth including.

I wasn't planning on running such long distances but decided to push myself after seeing this thread https://looksmax.org/threads/starting-another-7-mile-run.270884/ and it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable runs I've been on.

Thank you to the user who made the thread about running being better than coke. Running mogs any antidepressant or drug, you just need to relearn how to enjoy it.
Run in the middle of the night, like 1 AM. It’s relaxing as shit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5145
Mirin OP.

I used to run a lot summer 2019 myself. Did a 10K in 49 minutes at like 100kg, so my condition was acceptable. Unfortunately for me, running became a chore at some point and I just completely fell off the wagon. On the one hand I miss it, on the other hand, there is no escaping I find strength training a lot easier and more enjoyable. Looks is all about diet and resistance training so I just take walks for the calorie burn.

Whats annoying, however, is the mental aspect of running (or other cardiovascular sports). I seriously miss that. And obviously the health thingy.

• Woah
Running causes wrinkles in your face from constantly hitting the ground hard. Just do some other cardio and eat less

Mirin OP.

I used to run a lot summer 2019 myself. Did a 10K in 49 minutes at like 100kg, so my condition was acceptable. Unfortunately for me, running became a chore at some point and I just completely fell off the wagon. On the one hand I miss it, on the other hand, there is no escaping I find strength training a lot easier and more enjoyable. Looks is all about diet and resistance training so I just take walks for the calorie burn.

Whats annoying, however, is the mental aspect of running (or other cardiovascular sports). I seriously miss that. And obviously the health thingy.
Mirin, how long were you running for to get your time so low?
The mental aspect is everything for me, my pace is shit and nothing to be proud of but I can be happy with the effort I put in which is why I enjoy running so much. You should get back into it tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5185
Mirin, how long were you running for to get your time so low?
The mental aspect is everything for me, my pace is shit and nothing to be proud of but I can be happy with the effort I put in which is why I enjoy running so much. You should get back into it tbh.

My "base fitness" was some running / stair running (couple of months) in summer of 2018 and 2013, so I could run like 5km at 6:30 pace when I started out in April 2019. By end of june 2019 I did my race. I think base fitness is the reason I could get into decent shape so quickly. In 2018, for comparison, I was doing the couch to 5k - and I even weighed less lmao.

My experience was that steady running like 4-5 days a week for base mileage, then adding in some more intensity (favorite of mine was 2x3000m and similar workouts) after a month or two had the most benefit for me.

Maybe I will get back into running. This corona bs has held me inactive af and my weight has gone up as a result. I think I'm gonna diet off some kgs and keep walking until I'm closing in on a more acceptable weight for running so I don't blow my knees.

I think your mindset is really good. One of the reasons I fell off running is because I view it as a competition. Next time I'm going to focus on the physical and mental health benefits. So I won't get bogged down in terrible long runs and forcing myself out the door when I really, really don't want to.

• Love it
Need to start using strava again to log my runs but at the same time I don't want my friends or my track coach to see my shitty runs :feelskek:

• +1
Nice , but kinda shit pace bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7776 and Deleted member 5145
My "base fitness" was some running / stair running (couple of months) in summer of 2018 and 2013, so I could run like 5km at 6:30 pace when I started out in April 2019. By end of june 2019 I did my race. I think base fitness is the reason I could get into decent shape so quickly. In 2018, for comparison, I was doing the couch to 5k - and I even weighed less lmao.

My experience was that steady running like 4-5 days a week for base mileage, then adding in some more intensity (favorite of mine was 2x3000m and similar workouts) after a month or two had the most benefit for me.

Maybe I will get back into running. This corona bs has held me inactive af and my weight has gone up as a result. I think I'm gonna diet off some kgs and keep walking until I'm closing in on a more acceptable weight for running so I don't blow my knees.

I think your mindset is really good. One of the reasons I fell off running is because I view it as a competition. Next time I'm going to focus on the physical and mental health benefits. So I won't get bogged down in terrible long runs and forcing myself out the door when I really, really don't want to.
All my runs so far have been steady but I'll definitely add some intense splits into my training going forward.
You should read Born To Run or get it on audiobook if you're not into reading. It's a great read/listen and it completely changed my perspective on running.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5185