Please: Advice on Jaw Surgery (Pics Inside)

Luis

Luis

66mm IPD
Hi all, recently I got a HT in Istanbul, it went really well! May go for a round 2. The pictures I attach here are from slightly before as that shows my jaw better (I’ve a short beard now)

History: In the past I’ve had a septoplasty to help breathing but I still am confident breathing can be improved further by some sort of jaw movement forwards as I still sometimes fall asleep and wake up with open mouth. My sense of smell is bad. I also feel my mandible could be a few mm forwards with respect to maxilla, slightly improving over-bite. My bite is narrow, as I’ve obviously had braces for many years as a kid, but it’s pretty good bite.

please see pics:
8LWNpKZ

ZHXetu1

SnNHD9t

I notice that I have jaw assymetry in the maxilla/mandible alignment and I think there’s also a bit of miss-alignment in the maxilla with respect to upper third as my left eye squinches more when smiling. My nose is also slightly crooked to the right. I was considering rhino but reckon if jaw work is to be done it should come first.

IMG 0081
Yiy36Se

It looks like to me I need CCW rotation as my face is definitely more long. Im somewhat familiar with procedure terminology, like SARPE, BSSO, lefort, IMDO, genio/chin wing, MSE + FM, SFOT and mewing (cope) etc. And sought to crowdsource some advice and opinions on what to consider for as appropriate means to obtain:

1) general health improvements (breathing & bite) as small as it seems
2) surgeons who are safe (no russian dude) and could do it under 20k (prefer to spend less to get a good cost-effective result by getting simpler procedures, allowing for more moneymaxx saving)
3) ascend and take chad throne

Help a fellow?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: .👽., Pumanator and Deleted member 10494
Thoughts? Also added familiarity with MSE + FM and SFOT
Consult with a surgeon and tell him what youre looking for, he’ll guide you better. This forum is delusional when it comes to surgeries

• +1
Reactions: Bdh, .👽., Yerico7 and 1 other person
Consult with a surgeon and tell him what youre looking for, he’ll guide you better. This forum is delusional when it comes to surgeries
Fair. Thats good advice. I'm currently in the phase of learning who are the worthwhile surgeons/canvassing names so that I can then do google-fu on them and learn about their experience/types of procedures. Then I consult with a few whom I think are the most appropriate.

When I did my HT I made a big table of drs and thats how I decided on my HT procedure. Columns for experience, cost, type of procedures, location, etc.

I'm pretty serious about seeking work, though obv itll be down to the dr if they think im worth their time. Ive done some google-fu and learned jaw maxfasc surgeons who appear to be reputable EU/International based:

- Raffaini (italy)
- Sailer (swiss)
- Maurice Yves Mommaerts (belgium)
- Profilo (australia)
- instituto maxilofacial (barcelona) prof hernandez alfaro
- joan birbe - spain
- zarinbal - berlin
- joel defrancq - belgium
- paul johnson - uk
- ken sneddon - uk
- piet haers - uk
- gunson - usa
- wolford - usa

Any more that are worthwhile? I'm based in UK. Am I crazy? Any worthwhile mega-threads? What cost should I expect? Seems the jawsurgeryforums are worthwhile investigating too

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766, .👽., Pumanator and 3 others
Fair. Thats good advice. I'm currently in the phase of learning who are the worthwhile surgeons/canvassing names so that I can then do google-fu on them and learn about their experience/types of procedures. Then I consult with a few whom I think are the most appropriate.

When I did my HT I made a big table of drs and thats how I decided on my HT procedure. Columns for experience, cost, type of procedures, location, etc.

I'm pretty serious about seeking work, though obv itll be down to the dr if they think im worth their time. Ive done some google-fu and learned jaw maxfasc surgeons who appear to be reputable EU/International based:

- Raffaini (italy)
- Sailer (swiss)
- Profilo (australia)
- joan birbe - spain
- zarinbal - berlin
- paul johnson - uk
- ken sneddon - uk
- piet haers - uk
- gunson - usa
- wolford - usa

Any more that are worthwhile? I'm based in UK. Am I crazy? Any worthwhile mega-threads? What cost should I expect? Seems the jawsurgeryforums are worthwhile investigating too
thanks about that, will look into them, you know if they do zygo too ?

- Raffaini (italy)
- Sailer (swiss)
- Profilo (australia)
- joan birbe - spain
- zarinbal - berlin
- paul johnson - uk
- ken sneddon - uk
- piet haers - uk
- gunson - usa
- wolford - usa

none in france
brvtal, do you know if they're blackpilled enough anon ?

none in france
brvtal, do you know if they're blackpilled enough anon ?
Hi, just thought I’d give an update:

Found this great, and recent (2019) mega thread from a similar forum (lookism) on surgeons:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10494
Hi, just thought I’d give an update:

Found this great, and recent (2019) mega thread from a similar forum (lookism) on surgeons:
thanks a lot bro

• +1
Reactions: Luis
What kills you is your recessed maxilla, your jaw protrusion is actually quite decent.

The only surgery that can reliably make your maxilla look forward grown AND also change the shape of your jaw (length of the jaw body + ramus height) at the same time is distraction osteogenesis.

• +1
Reactions: Luis and Deleted member 10494
A lot of my photos have minor nerd-neck going on, so I’d thought I’d put a photo of me doing side chin tuck:

41E83BF9 1EA4 4E56 BDA2 70A0CA73E36E

facial hair is thick, but you can clearly see the growth pattern shape. I’m doing chin tuck here. Here’s more relaxed again:
EB03B025 BF08 4644 90B5 4285E6BC7F68

more relaxed (but less side on) - I used tripod for the OP photos, these are just smart mirror angles on the fly.

I read a post on JawSurgeryForums about a guy who did Modified Lefort3 - since he lacked midface.

As well as some discussion here on looksmax on the same topic.

perhaps this procedure may be a good starting point for base as it appears the midface in my own photos are also in retrusion. Possibly advance jaws with the procedure (since some do this procedure without jaw change).

Btw these photos are after my HT. I plan on going for a round 2 to get a more juvenile hairline still.

Do you lift?
I started doings rings - I used to lift but moving for uni often and now lockdown made that impossible. I’m still losing weight (I’m 78kg now, my best pics are of me 73kg, visible abs). I do keto-intermittent fasting and that’s worked well for me in the past.

979EFED9 1138 4E43 8E3F E6158B4EAFE5

so yeah, not a whole lot of progress lifting yet. Rings routine is new to me and I’ll be doing RR and body by rings. I’m not into gym maxing, just want to be strong/healthy.

What kills you is your recessed maxilla, your jaw protrusion is actually quite decent.

The only surgery that can reliably make your maxilla look forward grown AND also change the shape of your jaw (length of the jaw body + ramus height) at the same time is distraction osteogenesis.

Thanks ecstasy, I posted some more on-the-fly pics since my OP pics have some nerd-neck going on. Here I’m doing chin tuck and relaxed.

Definitely a mid face/maxilla issue, I agree. Ive got nose droop/crooked nose. In the post I linked above
(https://looksmax.org/threads/please-advice-on-jaw-surgery-pics-inside.317688/#post-5384654)

I also link to a procedure that looks like it may be worthwhile investigating, as it works on mid face (and possibly both jaws can be brought forward with it).

So the distraction does indeed seem a powerful technique, though it also seems few surgeons perform this :(

Last edited: