Problem with simulation hypothesis.

reptiles

reptiles

a proud brahmin
Here are some issues i found.

Assume we are in a simulation here are the issues.

Issue 1 it takes more computational power twice the amount needed for a observable universe especially for a nigh infinite universe that's issue 1 1 way you may counter this is by saying certain areas are deactivated when no observation occurs as human eyes cannot perceive a light distance they cannot conceive of the whole observable universe that a fair criticism however we motion occurs even when not observed so this theory is out everthing in the universes motion constantly that requires even more power.

Issue number 2 chunks well call this unobserved areas for reference cannot be merely deactivated as the entire universe is expanding constantly faster than the speed of light plus the outside of the entire observable universe you need to constantly be powering this machine so at-least this theory is out everything needs to be running constantly or the observable universe again wouldn't be expanding constantly.

Main issue number 3 is it's deterministic assuming it's a game simulation or a film simulation unless it's a open simulation of some sorts which is possible but that being said the classical conceptions of simulation theory is out it has to have some form of free will as heisenburgs uncertainty principle even point out electrons can be random in space time this universe is not a deterministic universe at all in fact.

These are the main issues i have with it i move more towards either a open simulation or we are abstractions in gods mind 1 of those 2

Tony

Tony

• +1
Reactions: Tony
Here are some issues i found.

Assume we are in a simulation here are the issues.

Issue 1 it takes more computational power twice the amount needed for a observable universe especially for a nigh infinite universe that's issue 1 1 way you may counter this is by saying certain areas are deactivated when no observation occurs as human eyes cannot perceive a light distance they cannot conceive of the whole observable universe that a fair criticism however we motion occurs even when not observed so this theory is out everthing in the universes motion constantly that requires even more power.

Issue number 2 chunks well call this unobserved areas for reference cannot be merely deactivated as the entire universe is expanding constantly faster than the speed of light plus the outside of the entire observable universe you need to constantly be powering this machine so at-least this theory is out everything needs to be running constantly or the observable universe again wouldn't be expanding constantly.

You
Main issue number 3 is it's deterministic assuming it's a game simulation or a film simulation unless it's a open simulation of some sorts which is possible but that being said the classical conceptions of simulation theory is out it has to have some form of free will as heisenburgs uncertainty principle even point out electrons can be random in space time this universe is not a deterministic universe at all in fact.

These are the main issues i have with it i move more towards either a open simulation or we are abstractions in gods mind 1 of those 2
1 You do not know anything about the computation power of the computing universe. It can be any value as they can have other fundamental rules.
2Same as number 1
3No one has free will uncertainty has nothing to do with free will. Free will means your brain can somehow reverse the fundamental rules of the universe in order to do something that is not computed according to neurobiological rules. You still dont decide what to do but its pretty much determined plus some uncertainty still exist but ITS NOT YOU THAT CHOOSE THAT ELECTRON MOVEMENT ITS RANDOM IT IS NOT FREE FUCKING WILL.
Why do you keep saying its a machine that simulates the universe IT can be anything even a single electrons movement

Not many words were read

1 You do not know anything about the computation power of the computing universe. It can be any value as they can have other fundamental rules.

Okay first of all how could they have enough computational power to simulate a universe larger than countable finite numbers that's not even to say consciousness the complexity to it or the consiousness of billions of other animals running constantly adding to this imagine the higher dimensions hypothetically their are 10 lets say think of the computation required for that and they would need enough power for all this.

2Same as number 1

Again we are under the assumption they are limited to a computer and they are simulating a universe with our laws of physics their limited to our law's we are under the assumption the simulators have infinite which sounds nigh impossible.

3No one has free will uncertainty has nothing to do with free will. Free will means your brain can somehow reverse the fundamental rules of the universe in order to do something that is not computed according to neurobiological rules.

I do not mean biological free will i am talking about the universe as a whole i meant the universe is not a deterministic one regardless of the question of biological free will.

You still dont decide what to do but its pretty much determined plus some uncertainty still exist but ITS NOT YOU THAT CHOOSE THAT ELECTRON MOVEMENT ITS RANDOM IT IS NOT FREE FUCKING WILL.

I said free will to certain degree i never said 100 percent full free will electrons are random though in some sense so it's some form of freedom i'm just making the case it's not deterministic.

Why do you keep saying its a machine that simulates the universe IT can be anything even a single electrons movement

Okay your right but whatever it is it would need to be near infinite just to simulate it your gonna say i don't know what this other universe has true but it would have to have a lot of energy

op the greatest philosopher of our time

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SayNoToRotting, Krezo, pisslord and 1 other person
Since the time I am BP, and cuz I am ugly I cant even think of something not related to my subhumanity.

giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: fukmylyf
Im gonna IQmax once school starts so I can proudly make autistic threads similar to OP's.

• JFL
Reactions: fukmylyf
literally a bootleg disillusioned

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and fukmylyf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back