Putting An End To "Is what I see in the mirror really me?" EVERYONE GTFIH

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
Looks like a regular mirror selfie wtf

Flipping sides doesnt make someone look worse or better, if they have asymmetry it will only invert it, but not make it worse or better at all.

Overview
Since the age of new technology we really started questioning if how we look in the mirror is how people truly see us. Because if its not, then why should we use the mirror to help us with things like getting ready for example. And finding out what one truly looks like is really important to a lot of people because our brains are programmed to always find faults with our image. If you get the hottest girl in the world and ask her what's one thing she could change about herself if she could, SHE WOULD GIVE YOU A NEVER ENDING LIST. Even average normal people battle with body dysmorphia so this is why this question needs to be answered.
View attachment 1419098

Basically what happens in mirrors is that when you look in the mirror you see the reflected or "flipped" image. It's likely when you look at photos it just looks off because it's not what you're used to seeing when you look at yourself. Your mind thinks it looks bad because all of the proportions are opposite of your mental image of yourself.
An illustration to demonstrate how the eye works for those failingschoolcels
View attachment 1419101
The problem with the reflected image we see in photos (snapchat) or mirrors is not just the "you're just not used to this" effect, but that our brain is actually overcorrecting the wrong side.

Lets say your true left eye is a tiny bit higher than the right eye. So looking in the mirror you would see the eye on your true left side a bit higher. But because our brains crave symmetry and auto corrects our self image to look more favorable, our brain is used to correcting that eye on your left side down a bit, to match the right eye.

Now when you take a picture and look at it, the eye you see on your left side is actually your true right eye (which is a bit lower than the true left one) But your brain is so used to correcting the eye on your left down, that now that the true right eye which is already a bit lower, gets corrected down even more, making it look horribly assymetrical.

Well the truth of the matter is we don't look like what's in the mirror. I know shocker. HOWEVER we also don't look like what is in the inverted image of ourselves.
We are a mix between the Mirror and Inverted picture. Now I've run an experiment with this new method I found out.

TLDR METHOD TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE

1. Download True Mirror! on the appstore (Idk about google playstore)

2. Open the App and USE THE FRONT CAMERA
You are now looking at the inverted you. But its not actually you yet.

3. Go to a bathroom mirror and turn your camera around so the front camera is facing the mirror and the back camera is facing you.
Example: (not my nokia lol)
View attachment 1419114

4. Take the picture let it compute and that's you.
Example:
View attachment 1419120

Conclusion / Findings
I've done this experiment. Where I went up to family, friends, and even co-workers, where I showed them my face in 3 photos (Mirror picture, Inverted picture, and lastly a photo using this method). Not one of them said I looked like the mirror photo or the inverted. That might just be me though. Try it out and ask a family member which picture you look like.

Till next time.

Tagging the gang.
@looksmaxxer234 @Ryan @Salludon @Amnesia @ArvidGustavsson @gamma @kjsbdfiusdf @volcelfatcel @Biggdink @AlexAP @Warlow @thecel @sandcelmuttcel
My main problem is that when I look in mirrors, ive got hunter eyes like this.
731204A2 7BEC 4792 87C2 84038117BCB6

But when I take a pic, it looks shit.