Question for @RealSurgerymax regarding vertical eye assymetry

LongForgotten

LongForgotten

Bronze
@RealSurgerymax I came to see that recently there was a case where vertical assymetry got corrected, through Orbital Box Osteonomy.
Screenshot 20240330 194917 Instagram
I personally suffer from a rare case of assymetry, where 1 eye is more close set than the other one, and 1 eye being vertically higher than the other one. From photoshopping my pictures, I came to realize if I fixed my eye assymetry by bringing 1 eye more out, it pretty much resolved the issue, together with bringing the other one down.

Would I be able to get that fixed at you with OBO? Most of the cases I've seen so far have been for merely increasing IPD as a whole. And this is the first case I saw where vertical assymmetry got corrected, thus I was wondering.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: socialcel, coispet and optimisticzoomer
@RealSurgerymax I came to see that recently there was a case where vertical assymetry got corrected, through Orbital Box Osteonomy.
View attachment 2828919
I personally suffer from a rare case of assymetry, where 1 eye is more close set than the other one, and 1 eye being vertically higher than the other one. From photoshopping my pictures, I came to realize if I fixed my eye assymetry by bringing 1 eye more out, it pretty much resolved the issue, together with bringing the other one down.

Would I be able to get that fixed at you with OBO? Most of the cases I've seen so far have been for merely increasing IPD as a whole. And this is the first case I saw where vertical assymmetry got corrected, thus I was wondering.

Orbital Box Osteotomy works in every direction. The Boxes can be moved further, closer, up, down (where the eye globe will follow) and forward (although the eyeball will not move forward.)

In every case I consider whether one eye is actually closer to the midline and in that case, yes, one orbit will be moved more than the other.

Vertical Orbital Dystopias are also best corrected by Box Osteotomies if it is really noticeable.

Here are the planned movements for our case you posted:

Right Eye:
  • 3.5mm Up medially, 5mm Up Laterally
  • AP Clockwise Rotation
  • Lateral Counterclockwise Rotation
Left:
  • 3mm Down
  • Small AP Clockwise Rotation
IMG 4135

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: gookstar, MTNAscension2, socialcel and 4 others
Orbital Box Osteotomy works in every direction. The Boxes can be moved further, closer, up, down (where the eye globe will follow) and forward (although the eyeball will not move forward.)

In every case I consider whether one eye is actually closer to the midline and in that case, yes, one orbit will be moved more than the other.

Vertical Orbital Dystopias are also best corrected by Box Osteotomies if it is really noticeable.

Right Eye:
  • AP Clockwise Rotation
Left:
  • 3mm Down
View attachment 2828940
Fantastic. Thanks for the information.

Would all of this still be subcranial? I had seen in another thread that you posted in this surgery which you will have on monday carries more complications.

Would it also be recommended to straighten the nose before this procedure? My nose is also very deviated, but even then 1 eye is closer to the midline from my observations. Would getting a cosmetic septoplasty help in optimising OBO results?

• +1
Reactions: socialcel
Fantastic. Thanks for the information.

Would all of this still be subcranial? I had seen in another thread that you posted in this surgery which you will have on monday carries more complications.

Would it also be recommended to straighten the nose before this procedure? My nose is also very deviated, but even then 1 eye is closer to the midline from my observations. Would getting a cosmetic septoplasty help in optimising OBO results?
for less severe cases it could be done subcranial. If you are interested in realistically having the surgery with our service within the next few months you can send me your pictures.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2 and socialcel
What a subhuman lower third and teeth

Right Eye:
  • AP Clockwise Rotation
Left:
  • 3mm Down
View attachment 2828940
Could u drop the orbit downwards vertically and then do a drop down Supra that covers nasion and would shorten mid face

One eye closer to the midline isn't that uncommon
Also jfl of course it can be fixed with obo

How can we tell if one eye is closer, or if the problem is that one eye is higher?
If you tilt your head to level the vertically asymmetrical eyes, the lower eye will look closer to the midline

I have trying to work this out on myself

• Love it
Reactions: UZB_Strebl
I don’t understand how u could make orbit lower on the skull I mean it’s there literally bone under its your maxilla and zygo where would it go off that make sense or are u pushing the eyeball lower

I don’t understand how u could make orbit lower on the skull I mean it’s there literally bone under its your maxilla and zygo where would it go off that make sense or are u pushing the eyeball lower
the orbital floor is lowered. A strip of bone is removed under the orbit to make room

This would make forehead bigger and mid face shorter right

Yes theoretically

• Hmm...
the orbital floor is lowered. A strip of bone is removed under the orbit to make room

Yes theoretically
But wouldnt that mess with the sinuses around the supraorbitals and below the eyes?

• +1
No. All Lefort and orbital osteotomies enter the sinuses it isn't a problem because we know ways to deal with it
Which surgeries you recommend for fixing nct and hollow under eye?

• +1
Reactions: FrenchareMedCucks and moreroidsmoredates
it seems OBO patients all have a bellow average eye area in common , assymetrical or very recessed.

i'm too glad i just need PEEK saddle implants to ascend.

View attachment 2828919

i got the same problem

We did it! :feelsgah:

IMG 4388

• +1
Reactions: albanian_chad, boringthot, MTNAscension2 and 3 others

Right Eye:
  • AP Clockwise Rotation
Left:
  • 3mm Down
View attachment 2828940
Is it true u only do surgeries on white people

• JFL
Reactions: HerpDerpson, boringthot and MTNAscension2

Right Eye:
  • AP Clockwise Rotation
Left:
  • 3mm Down
View attachment 2828940
Hey man

You mention AP clockwise rotation on the left eye. I can see that on the upper cut (for head), but the rest of the bones don't seem to be tilted (for instance the red drawing I made both on before and after, starting from the medial wall and following along the supreorbital border.)

Right Eye:
  • AP Clockwise Rotation
Left:
  • 3mm Down
View attachment 2828940
Hey man

You mention AP clockwise rotation on the left eye. I can see that on the upper cut (for head), but the rest of the bones don't seem to be tilted (for instance the red drawing I made both on before and after, starting from the medial wall and following along the supreorbital border.)

@RealSurgerymax