Rate My Face Kind Sirs

A sophist (Greek: σοφιστής, sophistes) was a teacher in ancient Greece in the fifth and fourth centuries BC. Sophists specialized in one or more subject areas, such as philosophy, rhetoric, music, athletics (physical culture), and mathematics. They taught arete – "virtue" or "excellence" – predominantly to young statesmen and nobility.

EtymologyEdit

The Greek word σοφός (sophos, a wise man) is related to the noun σοφία (sophia, wisdom). Since the times of Homer it commonly referred to an expert in his profession or craft. Charioteers, sculptors, or military experts could be referred to as sophoi in their occupations. The word has gradually come to connote general wisdom and especially wisdom in human affairs such as politics, ethics, and household management. This was the meaning ascribed to the Greek Seven Sages of 7th and 6th century BC (such as Solon and Thales), and it was the meaning that appears in the histories of Herodotus.

The word σοφός gives rise to the verb σοφίζω (sophizo), which means "to instruct" or "make learned", and the passive voice of which means "to become or be wise", or "to be clever or skilled". From the verb is derived the noun σοφιστής (sophistes), which originally meant "a master of one's craft" and later "a prudent man" or "wise man".[1] The word for "sophist" in various languages comes from sophistes.

The word "sophist" could be combined with other Greek words to form compounds. Examples include meteorosophist, which roughly translates to "expert in celestial phenomena"; gymnosophist (or "naked sophist", a word used to refer to Indian philosophers), deipnosophist or "dinner sophist" (as in the title of Athenaeus's Deipnosophistae), and iatrosophist, a type of physician in the later Roman period.

HistoryEdit

In the second half of the 5th century BC, particularly in Athens, "sophist" came to denote a class of mostly itinerant intellectuals who taught courses in various subjects, speculated about the nature of language and culture, and employed rhetoric to achieve their purposes, generally to persuade or convince others. "Sophists did, however, have one important thing in common: whatever else they did or did not claim to know, they characteristically had a great understanding of what words would entertain or impress or persuade an audience."[2] Sophists went to Athens to teach because the city was flourishing at the time. It was good employment for those good at debate, which was a speciality of the first sophists, and they received the fame and fortune they were seeking. Protagoras is generally regarded as the first of these professional sophists. Others include Gorgias, Prodicus, Hippias, Thrasymachus, Lycophron, Callicles, Antiphon, and Cratylus. A few sophists claimed that they could find the answers to all questions. Most of these sophists are known today primarily through the writings of their opponents (particularly Plato and Aristotle), which makes it difficult to assemble an unbiased view of their practices and teachings. In some cases, such as Gorgias, original rhetorical works are extant, allowing the author to be judged on his own terms, but in most cases, knowledge about what individual sophists wrote or said comes from fragmentary quotations that lack context and are usually hostile.

Sophists could be described both as teachers and philosophers, having travelled about in Greece teaching their students various life skills, particularly rhetoric and public speaking. These were useful qualities of the time, during which persuasive ability had a large influence on one's political power and economic wealth. Athens became the center of the sophists' activity, due to the city's freedom of speech for non-slave citizens and its wealth of resources. The sophists as a group had no set teachings, and they lectured on subjects that were as diverse as semantics and rhetoric, to ontology, and epistemology. Most sophists claimed to teach arete ("excellence" or "virtue") in the management and administration of not only one's affairs, but the city's as well. Before the 5th century BC, it was believed that aristocratic birth qualified a person for arete and politics. However, Protagoras, who is regarded as the first sophist, argued that arete was the result of training rather than birth.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16369, eyelidcel and Deleted member 18244
Why the fuck is this thread 28 pages
holy shit GIF

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18244, pneumocystosis, latincell95 and 1 other person
A sophist (Greek: σοφιστής, sophistes) was a teacher in ancient Greece in the fifth and fourth centuries BC. Sophists specialized in one or more subject areas, such as philosophy, rhetoric, music, athletics (physical culture), and mathematics. They taught arete – "virtue" or "excellence" – predominantly to young statesmen and nobility.

EtymologyEdit

The Greek word σοφός (sophos, a wise man) is related to the noun σοφία (sophia, wisdom). Since the times of Homer it commonly referred to an expert in his profession or craft. Charioteers, sculptors, or military experts could be referred to as sophoi in their occupations. The word has gradually come to connote general wisdom and especially wisdom in human affairs such as politics, ethics, and household management. This was the meaning ascribed to the Greek Seven Sages of 7th and 6th century BC (such as Solon and Thales), and it was the meaning that appears in the histories of Herodotus.

The word σοφός gives rise to the verb σοφίζω (sophizo), which means "to instruct" or "make learned", and the passive voice of which means "to become or be wise", or "to be clever or skilled". From the verb is derived the noun σοφιστής (sophistes), which originally meant "a master of one's craft" and later "a prudent man" or "wise man".[1] The word for "sophist" in various languages comes from sophistes.

The word "sophist" could be combined with other Greek words to form compounds. Examples include meteorosophist, which roughly translates to "expert in celestial phenomena"; gymnosophist (or "naked sophist", a word used to refer to Indian philosophers), deipnosophist or "dinner sophist" (as in the title of Athenaeus's Deipnosophistae), and iatrosophist, a type of physician in the later Roman period.

HistoryEdit

In the second half of the 5th century BC, particularly in Athens, "sophist" came to denote a class of mostly itinerant intellectuals who taught courses in various subjects, speculated about the nature of language and culture, and employed rhetoric to achieve their purposes, generally to persuade or convince others. "Sophists did, however, have one important thing in common: whatever else they did or did not claim to know, they characteristically had a great understanding of what words would entertain or impress or persuade an audience."[2] Sophists went to Athens to teach because the city was flourishing at the time. It was good employment for those good at debate, which was a speciality of the first sophists, and they received the fame and fortune they were seeking. Protagoras is generally regarded as the first of these professional sophists. Others include Gorgias, Prodicus, Hippias, Thrasymachus, Lycophron, Callicles, Antiphon, and Cratylus. A few sophists claimed that they could find the answers to all questions. Most of these sophists are known today primarily through the writings of their opponents (particularly Plato and Aristotle), which makes it difficult to assemble an unbiased view of their practices and teachings. In some cases, such as Gorgias, original rhetorical works are extant, allowing the author to be judged on his own terms, but in most cases, knowledge about what individual sophists wrote or said comes from fragmentary quotations that lack context and are usually hostile.

Sophists could be described both as teachers and philosophers, having travelled about in Greece teaching their students various life skills, particularly rhetoric and public speaking. These were useful qualities of the time, during which persuasive ability had a large influence on one's political power and economic wealth. Athens became the center of the sophists' activity, due to the city's freedom of speech for non-slave citizens and its wealth of resources. The sophists as a group had no set teachings, and they lectured on subjects that were as diverse as semantics and rhetoric, to ontology, and epistemology. Most sophists claimed to teach arete ("excellence" or "virtue") in the management and administration of not only one's affairs, but the city's as well. Before the 5th century BC, it was believed that aristocratic birth qualified a person for arete and politics. However, Protagoras, who is regarded as the first sophist, argued that arete was the result of training rather than birth.
No, you and this forum must come to terms with me. This is not the correct sense in which I’m using sophist. Here is my definition of sophistry. Before this argument about my face continues, here is the correct term.

Sophistry- a person who use’s fallacious arguments with an intent to deceive.

• Love it
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22829, Deleted member 16369, eyelidcel and 2 others
Minox + dermaroller for beard
Minox/castor for eyebrows
Fillers/fat grafts to lessen your UEE
Infraorbital rim implants to give more support to your under eye area, perhaps combined with fat grafts
Hair tranaplant/hairline lowering to make your forehead a bit shorter and square to suit your pheno.
Hard to tell what work your need down to your lower third because lack of pictures showcasing it.
Bro, he doesn't care. No looks for his 1PSL brain.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18244 and Deleted member 17735

EtymologyEdit

HistoryEdit

No, you and this forum must come to terms with me. This is not the correct sense in which I’m using sophist. Here is my definition of sophistry. Before this argument about my face continues, here is the correct term.

Sophistry- a person who use’s fallacious arguments with an intent to deceive.
If you pay close attention, then you should see that what I wrote is roughly similar to whatever you found. Regardless. What I wrote should be italics. As it is unique to me. Regardless, now that you’ve attempted to come to terms with me, you should go back and identify my original problem and purpose for making this thread.

Figure out what was my purpose or problem in making this thread.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22829
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22829, Deleted member 16369, Deleted member 18244 and 1 other person
how much pussy do you get?

how much pussy do you get?
I will return to this question later, your conclusion is faulty I can tell from your tone. Stick to the original problem of my thread. RATE MY FACE KIND SIR.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22829 and Deleted member 18244
I will return to this question later, your conclusion is faulty I can tell from your tone. Stick to the original problem of my thread. RATE MY FACE KIND SIR.
ayo you probably heard this before but im not gonna read 28 pages to check
your eyebrows are clapped and your skin could be better
thats as far as you can go softmaxxing
i rate you as a normie

i rate you as a normie
castor oil for eyebrows or whatever helps

If you pay close attention, then you should see that what I wrote is roughly similar to whatever you found. Regardless. What I wrote should be italics. As it is unique to me. Regardless, now that you’ve attempted to come to terms with me, you should go back and identify my original problem and purpose for making this thread.

Figure out what was my purpose or problem in making this thread.
you are a 4/10
Happy?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18244
i rate you as a normie
You’re using incel arguments and another form of fallacious reasoning started from some person. Think for yourself. Your conclusions are not even true.

• +1
you are a 4/10
Happy?
I know this already, as was discussed in the first 10-20 pages. However, this could be wrong.

• So Sad
  • +1
View attachment 1849386

3-4/10. the high hair-line makes you look old. probably were average in your prime.
Makes an argument about hairlines making me look old. This argument seems somewhat reasonable. One of the first decent arguments. However; his conclusion about me is rubbish. Next.

• +1
You’re using incel arguments and another form of fallacious reasoning started from some person. Think for yourself. Your conclusions are not even true.
:dafuckfeels::dafuckfeels::dafuckfeels::dafuckfeels::dafuckfeels: i just said your eyebrows are clapped and you skin care can benefit you. it's not that serious:hnghn:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22829, Deleted member 18244 and poopoohead
I give you a 7-8. Your skin is shiny, radiant and you have a masculine jaw and nice glossy lips. Would expect you to get a lot of action from girls irl (y)

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: latincell95, Deleted member 18244, poopoohead and 2 others
I give you a 7-8. Your skin is shiny, radiant and you have a masculine jaw and nice glossy lips. Would expect you to get a lot of action from girls irl (y)
Thanks. This is more accurate as it true. However realistically, I see myself more towards average below average. My life experience supports his argument. Where as the rest of your guys argument my life experience does not equal the summation.

• +1
  • JFL
nigga is really bothered of being a ratead a 3 instead of a 4 :feelskek:

both are over son, it doesnt matter at that point

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18244 and poopoohead
nigga is really bothered of being a ratead a 3 instead of a 4 :feelskek:

both are over son, it doesnt matter at that point
Resorts to the same stance as the rest of the commenters. Tried to further their argument. Defeated. 10 rounds to 1 archaic alchemist. NEXT FUCKING NON READING VICTIM.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19157
View attachment 1592904
I’ve been always told I’m not ugly but I’m not attractive either. I’m guessing I’m a 5/10? Btw sorry this is one of the best pictures I have of Me. So could you guys rate me please?
I think your a solid chadlite (7.5ish/10). After a few showers and tactical soap you should be bordering chad (8+/10) levels. You can then probably get more attention from whoever your trying to attract and also max out your potential (y)

I think your a solid chadlite (7.5ish/10). After a few showers and tactical soap you should be bordering chad (8+/10) levels. You can then probably get more attention from whoever your trying to attract and also max out your potential (y)
This is true, but realistically I’m average below average.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22829 and poopoohead
Resorts to the same stance as the rest of the commenters. Tried to further their argument. Defeated. 10 rounds to 1 archaic alchemist. NEXT FUCKING NON READING VICTIM.
i ddint read them, if everyone is literally thinking that than maybe you could take that as objective anecdotal evidence that number one youre having a pointless argument, what are you arguing about? #2 its time to reel it in, its over. what did you expect to come out of this thread

i ddint read them, if everyone is literally thinking that than maybe you could take that as objective anecdotal evidence that number one youre having a pointless argument, what are you arguing about? #2 its time to reel it in, its over. what did you expect to come out of this thread
No such thing as a pointless argument, stick to the subject at hand. Next.

• +1
hes making fun of you

retard if hes not
he can realistically become a 8/10 if he brushes his teeth, combs his hair, work on his walk, take 2 showers daily with pheromone soap, and more to be honest :love:

No such thing as a pointless argument, stick to the subject at hand. Next.
:feelskek: you dont even make an argument in any of the posts ive seen, what are you trying to argue? that youre a 4/10 and not a 3/10?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
If he’s making fun of me, then he is. If he’s not he’s not. Regardless, the argument still moves forward.
you keep saying the argument moves forward

destroyed

without making a single arugment

WHAT IS THE ARGUMENT SON??!

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
he can realistically become a 8/10 if he brushes his teeth, combs his hair, work on his walk, take 2 showers daily with pheromone soap, and more to be honest :love:
This is true and I have an argument that will suffice to say this. Because woman are attracted to men. Regardless, this somewhat of a decent reply.

• +1
you keep saying the argument moves forward

destroyed

without making a single arugment

WHAT IS THE ARGUMENT SON??!
Will come back to this later. The argument itself, is more so my proposition or problem. The philosophy behind this. The argument you guys are making in real time giving me feedback is us coming to terms about the inevitable inequalities that result from argumentation.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22829 and Deleted member 19157
This is a philosophical thread posing a why and a how question. Keep that in mind when reading it. Because these comments are only getting worse.

• JFL
  • +1
  • +1
View attachment 1592904
I’ve been always told I’m not ugly but I’m not attractive either. I’m guessing I’m a 5/10? Btw sorry this is one of the best pictures I have of Me. So could you guys rate me please?
The question(s).
1. What do I measure as?
2. How am I this rating?
3. Why am I this rating?

As you can see this thread poses a philosophical question of how and why. Where science may come into play but ultimately it’s theoretical philosophy. Therefore this thread is of philosophical genre.

• +1
This thread is eternal

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
Fuck this thread is longgggg

• JFL
Reactions: latincell95 and Deleted member 18244
:lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul: almost to 30 pages lets gooooo

• JFL
Reactions: Racky, khvirgin and sergeant blackpill
@Curry Suicide what would you rate my nigga over here?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18244
You're a noticeable deviation below average. 3PSL and a true 3/10 with little to no room for improvements. "I'm not attractive either", literally the definition of being unattractive JFL

Your orbitals suck ass, their one and only positive is that you have positively tilt brows. Bad UEE, rounded eyes that are tall and short on the sides giving them a small doofy look, complete lack of undereye support which is apparent in your strong eyebags. People with your kind of orbitals will always look tired and dreary no matter what they do. There are surgeries to correct this but most of them look uncanny

Midface is a tad long which isn't too big of a negative, but it is objectively a negative. It needs some strong features to look good which you lack entirely

Your chin although not terrible isn't strong enough, it gives the area right below your lips a weird puckered look

Your forehead is very rounded out and weirdly sloped, it has little to no forward growth which is unfortunately the same case for the rest of your head

Brows while a good shape are very faint and look like they're dying out

You're true ugly, I can't suggest anything to improve your looks. No potential. Sorry. Find a hobby and enjoy life is my only bluepilled advise for you. Can't even morph your face to look more attractive without making changes that are downright humanly impossible to achieve

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: ascension, Deprived, latincell95 and 3 others
People have a tendency to brush off most people as "fine looking", they say this to anyone who's not outright deformed

You're a noticeable deviation below average. 3PSL and a true 3/10 with little to no room for improvements. "I'm not attractive either", literally the definition of being unattractive JFL

Your orbitals suck ass, their one and only positive is that you have positively tilt brows. Bad UEE, rounded eyes that are tall and short on the sides giving them a small doofy look, complete lack of undereye support which is apparent in your strong eyebags. People with your kind of orbitals will always look tired and dreary no matter what they do. There are surgeries to correct this but most of them look uncanny

Midface is a tad long which isn't too big of a negative, but it is objectively a negative. It needs some strong features to look good which you lack entirely

Your chin although not terrible isn't strong enough, it gives the area right below your lips a weird puckered look

Your forehead is very rounded out and weirdly sloped, it has little to no forward growth which is unfortunately the same case for the rest of your head

You're true ugly, I can't suggest anything to improve your looks. No potential. Sorry. Find a hobby and enjoy life is my only bluepilled advise for you. Can't even morph your face to look more attractive without making changes that are downright humanly impossible to achieve
cope harder incel

he just needs to take a shower and get a haircut.

• So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: latincell95 and WanderingBurro

alright I’ll get this one over with as quick as I can.

All people with bad facial features are ugly.
Archaic alchemist Has bad facial features
Therefore; archaic alchemist is ugly.

People can have bad facial features and still be attractive and beautiful. The truth has been found. A simple syllogism beat a sophist. Listen kids. Don’t be a slave to someone else’s reasoning.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22829, latincell95, justinzayn and 1 other person

People can have bad facial features and still be attractive and beautiful. The truth has been found. A simple syllogism beat a sophist. Listen kids. Don’t be a slave to someone else’s reasoning.
She has really bad features but is very beautiful :love::love:

• JFL
Reactions: WanderingBurro

You sound like you're contradicting yourself but in a way I can see a slight truth though still a mostly dogwater reply

One has to know that not all bad features are equal. Some bad features are fixable (e.g. recessed jaw or nasal base, UEE), some aren't too much of a failo on their own (slightly elonagted midface, NCT eyes), and some features are what some users would call a "death sentence"

You'll see people labelled good looking who have slightly drooped eyes or a longer matured face but you'll never see one that lacks forward growth as forward growth is quintessential for anything considered attractive whether most people realise it or not

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1851, Racky and poopoohead