Reminder that what you think are great Black Friday deals probably aren't

CarlSagan96

CarlSagan96

In a better place
This is mainly relevant for tech products (which I'm most familiar with) but it could be the case in other markets too. It's not uncommon for companies to sell older versions of products and advertise them as the latest version, or even to manufacture special versions made exclusively for Black Friday/Cyber Monday which come with downgraded or outdated components compared to the standard, fully-priced version. It will never be obvious from looking at the product on its own because they will usually look identical. If you see a 4k TV for $200 that was $500 the last time you checked on Amazon, you are probably being ripped off. The only way to be certain that you are buying the exact same item you want is to check the product's serial number (this will always be different on downgraded items/items from last year's stock).

That’s illegal. You can sue them.

• +1
Reactions: Butthurt Dweller
People feel obliged to buy something on Black Friday because they think they are missing out if they do not. The best deals I've gotten have never been on Black Friday and was instead random or on Prime Day

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
That’s illegal. You can sue them.
You can't work under this assumption that companies will always be sued for false advertising, that simply isn't how the world works. Also if it is just a downgraded version of the same product, it isn't necessarily illegal assuming that the serial number will still always be different

Jfl at running risk of being trample underfoot just to get A 50% off toaster anyway

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mateusz74, Butthurt Dweller, Zeta ascended and 2 others
People feel obliged to buy something on Black Friday because they think they are missing out if they do not. The best deals I've gotten have never been on Black Friday and was instead random or on Prime Day
Exactly, and people overspend on stuff they didn't really need in the first place all the time, meaning that they usually lost a good amount of money overall on things they didn't want originally

Black Friday are dogshit in Canada. I want a new graphics cards tho

I dont follow the herd, every day is black friday to me because i dont give a fuck about anything.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite