[Skin Glow Motivation] Skin Color Cues: Carotenoids, Aerobic Fitness, and Body Fat (Lifefuel Practical tips)

gymislife

gymislife

Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7078114/

^TL;DR - Colorful carotenoid ornaments are sexually selected signals of health in humans, carotenoids could provide a perceptible cue to health as they impart an attractive yellow-orange color to skin. It is important to note that the impact of body composition, fitness, and sleep on skin color are independent of each other and independent of diet which means that improvements in different aspects of lifestyle are synergistic in instilling benefits to health and appearance. Moreover, lifestyle also impacts on body shape so appearance benefits will accrue across shape and color domains.

While the benefits of lifestyle to body shape are common knowledge, our work is the first to reveal additional benefits to skin appearance. The independent effects of dietary fruit and vegetables, fitness, and low body fat on skin color mean that multiple aspects of a healthy lifestyle each act in an additive manner to improve skin appearance.

Study 2 indicates that further aspects of a healthy lifestyle, namely, avoiding stress and sleep loss, could make further contributions to improving skin color. Study 2 also shows that the skin color changes accompanying lifestyle change occur relatively quickly, within 8 weeks. It is relevant that change in intake of fruit and vegetables noticeably affects skin color within 4–6 weeks (Whitehead et al., 2012) and seeing the benefits to skin color can motivate durable changes in diet (Whitehead et al., 2014).

The prospects of an attractive skin tone may help motivate people to avoid excess calorie intake, to eat more fruit and vegetables, to exercise, to reduce stress, and to follow good sleep hygiene. Such a global approach to a healthy lifestyle, rather than an exclusive focus on one variable, such as weight, fits well with health recommendations.

One can estimate that changing habitual sleep patterns to lose an average of 1.6 h of sleep per night would decrease skin yellowness perceptibly.
As noted above, raised fitness, low body fat levels, as well as reduced stress and increased sleep were all associated with higher skin yellowness which is characteristic of raised carotenoid levels in the skin.

^^TL;DR of the TL;DR for ADHDcels - As it is well known on the forum that eating carrots (or taking beta carotene) will have positive impact on the skin tone, the study shows there are many other factors that play role when it comes to improving skin colouring and getting a healthy glow.
Along with eating your carrots you should include all kinds of carotenoid rich foods (pic below), increase physical activity, reduce bodyfat, minimize stress, increase sleep duration and quality. ALL of those are NECESSARY to get a Godlike skin glow.

Carotenoids-in-food-640x640.jpg

Here are some practical things I recommend you start doing daily:
Weightlifting & Cardio
Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation
Intermittent Fasting & Caloric Restriction & Increased fruit/veg intake
Sleep Schedule & Reduced caffeine intake and Electrical device usage before bed.

Healthy lifestyle2x

Now in addition to that - get on a retinoid, moisturizer, spf and follow me on the journey of getting such skin colouring:
a6ff4b6b71f4886ec01741e7c6b2f556.jpg

c48a822d991e5ce880bd4ecf30c3ad9f.jpg

1dbf67c4e8fe0b07f290ac711983460852492eaa.jpg

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: StrangerDanger, Deleted member 2205, Lolcel and 22 others
good thred

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9779 and gymislife
bookmarked tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9779, PYT and gymislife
god tier iq thread

• +1
  • +1
brutally over for carnivore diet copers

Shawnbaker 1 889x1024

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2205, Lolcel, Deleted member 9779 and 1 other person
I've been dedsrs eating 5 raw carrots a day for a month now. I think my skin tone is better but I'm not 100% sure. Is this enough or should I supplement ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9779
Take 500g niacin

I've been dedsrs eating 5 raw carrots a day for a month now. I think my skin tone is better but I'm not 100% sure. Is this enough or should I supplement ?
Incorporate those foods into your diet:
, if you can't, then you might have to look into supplementing lycopene, beta-cryptoxanthin, lutein, and zeaxanthin, alpha-, gamma-, and delta-carotene, to get the full benefits of that you should do the following - lose bodyfat, do physical exercise, reduce stress, increase sleep.
Then you also need something to help stimulate collagen/elasticity like retinoids, sunscreen, vitamin C serum or IPL laser/CO2 Laser

Also forgot to add in something important - veggies like carrots, tomatoes increase their content of carotenoids when cooked.
Here is in depth info i wrote on that: https://looksmax.org/threads/beta-carotene-and-carotenoids-effect-on-skin.244343/post-4291648

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9779 and Matheus
good but retarded. supplement the caretoids and dont eat the veggies, they are unhealthy because of anti nutrients (true high IQ dietcels know this).

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yung, Deleted member 9779 and Matheus
Incorporate those foods into your diet:
, if you can't, then you might have to look into supplementing lycopene, beta-cryptoxanthin, lutein, and zeaxanthin, alpha-, gamma-, and delta-carotene, to get the full benefits of that you should do the following - lose bodyfat, do physical exercise, reduce stress, increase sleep.
Then you also need something to help stimulate collagen/elasticity like retinoids, sunscreen, vitamin C serum or IPL laser/CO2 Laser

Also forgot to add in something important - veggies like carrots, tomatoes increase their content of carotenoids when cooked.
Here is in depth info i wrote on that: https://looksmax.org/threads/beta-carotene-and-carotenoids-effect-on-skin.244343/post-4291648
Wtf it's a lot is it necessary to have all the carotenoids? Carrots give already 3 of those

• +1
Wtf it's a lot is it necessary to have all the carotenoids? Carrots give already 3 of those
If you want to achieve the best results you need to consume all of those carotenoids
2ad0949afa9b6abbe6db389392fdd499.png

If you eat carrots, tomatoes, dark green veggies (broccoli, kale, spinach), oranges/mandarins, pomelo/grapefruit, mangoes, cantaloupe/watermelon and other colorful vegs/fruits here and there you'll get all kinds of carotenoids

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 9090 and Deleted member 9779
Is it really that hard to just tan in the sun? Most people near the beach here in Australia have the same colouring as your pic examples

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090 and Deleted member 9779
Is it really that hard to just tan in the sun? Most people near the beach here in Australia have the same colouring as your pic examples
Tanning causes premature aging of the skin whereas following the lifestyle advices in this thread will help preserve the skin in the long term and still give a healthy undertone. Also IIRC there was a study comparing carotenoid coloration vs tanned skin and which one was found more attractive to the opposite sex - (it was the carotenoid one), a quick google search and a few studies popped up:

Also alternatively if you really wanna tan that badly, then do it while being stacked on carotenoids - they promote some UV protection and in the end your skin will look better than if you just tanned without it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9090, Deleted member 9779 and Deleted member 7076
Tanning causes premature aging of the skin whereas following the lifestyle advices in this thread will help preserve the skin in the long term and still give a healthy undertone. Also IIRC there was a study comparing carotenoid coloration vs tanned skin and which one was found more attractive to the opposite sex - (it was the carotenoid one), a quick google search and a few studies popped up:

Also alternatively if you really wanna tan that badly, then do it while being stacked on carotenoids - they promote some UV protection and in the end your skin will look better than if you just tanned without it.
carrots are among the cheapest veggies to buy, is that enough? i don't feel like supplementing

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 9779 and gymislife
carrots are among the cheapest veggies to buy, is that enough? i don't feel like supplementing
Yeah, they will help for sure, but you'll have to eat atleast 3-4 every single day

• +1
Yeah, they will help for sure, but you'll have to eat atleast 3-4 every single day
Can you give me a number (in mg) to hit of certain micronutrients for a good tan?

• +1
Reactions: gymislife
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076 and Rift
Do you guys want me to make a more in-depth megathread on this topic (with more studies and overall info on how to achieve and maintain healthy skin by improving: skin colouring/tone, glow, collagen & elasticity, preventing photoaging) that would be worth getting pinned?
Basically A-Z how to achieve Thom Strijd/Zach Cox tier skin? I can write alot on the topic but it'd be pretty long and would probably take me 2-3 days to research everything thoroughly and format it well.

@JustBeCurry @alexjones @maximusmaxxed @thehealingfields @Matheus @16tyo @PYT

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lolcel, Deleted member 9090, Deleted member 9779 and 6 others
Do you guys want me to make a more in-depth megathread on this topic (with more studies and overall info on how to achieve and maintain healthy skin by improving: skin colouring/tone, glow, collagen & elasticity, preventing photoaging) that would be worth getting pinned?
Basically A-Z how to achieve Thom Strijd/Zach Cox tier skin? I can write alot on the topic but it'd be pretty long and would probably take me 2-3 days to research everything thoroughly and format it well.

yes pls do we will shower you in reacts bro

• Love it

that would be good tbh, i'd love a thread like this

• Love it
  • +1
@gymislife have you personally achieved Strijd skin levels?

Or are you still on your journey to get there?

• +1

Do it brah

• +1
good thread.

Look into melanotan 2. Works well in my experience.

• +1
@gymislife have you personally achieved Strijd skin levels?

Or are you still on your journey to get there?
No, I've dealt with acne for long time and finally my skin is starting to get better but I still have some scars. I'm naturally very pale and only recently started eating shitton of fruits and vegs and already noticing red undertone. Hopefully by the summer I'll have fixed acne completely and carotenoids would have accumulated enough in my body and I'll have top-tier skin

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9779 and Deleted member 9890
Move to best of best

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9779, gymislife and Deleted member 1849
just for coloring? or did it actually improve skin quality
Coloring. But people mistake poor skin quality for poor skin coloring.

Just don't use MT2 when u have hyperpigmentation. Makes it MUCH worse.

No, I've dealt with acne for long time and finally my skin is starting to get better but I still have some scars. I'm naturally very pale and only recently started eating shitton of fruits and vegs and already noticing red undertone. Hopefully by the summer I'll have fixed acne completely and carotenoids would have accumulated enough in my body and I'll have top-tier skin
me too man. 24 yo over here and still got acne. hopping on retin a in a few weeks and carotenoidmaxxing. bad skin has been my biggest failio for so long

too bad i coped with ignoring it and focussing on muh personality and game

• +1
  • So Sad
me too man. 24 yo over here and still got acne. hopping on retin a in a few weeks and carotenoidmaxxing. bad skin has been my biggest failio for so long

too bad i coped with ignoring it and focussing on muh personality and game
look into the best dermatologist in your area and go for a visit dude, that helped me tremendously, I'm on epiduo atm along some other topical antibiotics I had to use and also the derm told me exactly which moisturizer/cleanser/sunscreen to use for my type of skin, in the past I used cerave and other shit brands that were just making my acne worse before.. also try to be 100% clean with diet

• +1
look into the best dermatologist in your area and go for a visit dude, that helped me tremendously, I'm on epiduo atm along some other topical antibiotics I had to use and also the derm told me exactly which moisturizer/cleanser/sunscreen to use for my type of skin, in the past I used cerave and other shit brands that were just making my acne worse before.. also try to be 100% clean with diet
yeah might just do that tbh

you gonna switch your retinoid to retin-a though? heard differin / epiduo is weaker

Yeah go ahead I was thinking to make a thread on skincare routine + which topical and chemical products to use but your approach would be very good if you could include it in as well

• +1
yeah might just do that tbh

you gonna switch your retinoid to retin-a though? heard differin / epiduo is weaker
I've used retin-a 0.05% before and it seemed weaker than epiduo tbh, epiduo seems better for managing acne however retin-a seems better for collagen improvement. I'll wait to see how my skin looks like in a month and then visit my derm again, if my acne scars haven't improved much by then I'll prob get profesionally chemical peel done, after my skin heals from it I'll probably get back to using retin-a again

Yeah go ahead I was thinking to make a thread on skincare routine + which topical and chemical products to use but your approach would be very good if you could include it in as well
My guide will include mostly information and studies about the impact nutrition & lifestyle have on the skin, there will be also some info on products that increase collagen but not much. It might take me up to a week to write it though, depending on my muse/mood. But I'll @ you guys when I post it.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Matheus and Deleted member 9890
i'd say im 115- 125, but i haven't got it formally tested

xplain me pls @Intjcel
Your posts seems really bad? 😊
Just whenever I read your posts today, they all seemed kind of dumb. Maybe just got unlucky seeing only bad posts of yours.

Your posts seems really bad? 😊
Just whenever I read your posts today, they all seemed kind of dumb. Maybe just got unlucky seeing only bad posts of yours.

brutally over for this greycel

Yes, that sounds mogger asf

• +1
Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7078114/

^TL;DR - Colorful carotenoid ornaments are sexually selected signals of health in humans, carotenoids could provide a perceptible cue to health as they impart an attractive yellow-orange color to skin. It is important to note that the impact of body composition, fitness, and sleep on skin color are independent of each other and independent of diet which means that improvements in different aspects of lifestyle are synergistic in instilling benefits to health and appearance. Moreover, lifestyle also impacts on body shape so appearance benefits will accrue across shape and color domains.

While the benefits of lifestyle to body shape are common knowledge, our work is the first to reveal additional benefits to skin appearance. The independent effects of dietary fruit and vegetables, fitness, and low body fat on skin color mean that multiple aspects of a healthy lifestyle each act in an additive manner to improve skin appearance.

Study 2 indicates that further aspects of a healthy lifestyle, namely, avoiding stress and sleep loss, could make further contributions to improving skin color. Study 2 also shows that the skin color changes accompanying lifestyle change occur relatively quickly, within 8 weeks. It is relevant that change in intake of fruit and vegetables noticeably affects skin color within 4–6 weeks (Whitehead et al., 2012) and seeing the benefits to skin color can motivate durable changes in diet (Whitehead et al., 2014).

The prospects of an attractive skin tone may help motivate people to avoid excess calorie intake, to eat more fruit and vegetables, to exercise, to reduce stress, and to follow good sleep hygiene. Such a global approach to a healthy lifestyle, rather than an exclusive focus on one variable, such as weight, fits well with health recommendations.

One can estimate that changing habitual sleep patterns to lose an average of 1.6 h of sleep per night would decrease skin yellowness perceptibly.
As noted above, raised fitness, low body fat levels, as well as reduced stress and increased sleep were all associated with higher skin yellowness which is characteristic of raised carotenoid levels in the skin.

^^TL;DR of the TL;DR for ADHDcels - As it is well known on the forum that eating carrots (or taking beta carotene) will have positive impact on the skin tone, the study shows there are many other factors that play role when it comes to improving skin colouring and getting a healthy glow.
Along with eating your carrots you should include all kinds of carotenoid rich foods (pic below), increase physical activity, reduce bodyfat, minimize stress, increase sleep duration and quality. ALL of those are NECESSARY to get a Godlike skin glow.

Here are some practical things I recommend you start doing daily:
Weightlifting & Cardio
Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation
Intermittent Fasting & Caloric Restriction & Increased fruit/veg intake
Sleep Schedule & Reduced caffeine intake and Electrical device usage before bed.

View attachment 851655

Now in addition to that - get on a retinoid, moisturizer, spf and follow me on the journey of getting such skin colouring:
a6ff4b6b71f4886ec01741e7c6b2f556.jpg

c48a822d991e5ce880bd4ecf30c3ad9f.jpg

1dbf67c4e8fe0b07f290ac711983460852492eaa.jpg

that ted video is bullshit.

Ive been saying all this time , rabbitmaxxing is legit af

• +1