Sleepmaxxing guide from @x30001

gymislife

gymislife

• - Sleep for 9 hours or so, if possible.
  • - GET CURTAINS. Sleep in complete darkness. Any gaps in your blinds, lights outside your bedroom, street lights outside; block out that light! Get good curtains. Curtains are a far better investment than MK-677 and curtains have no side effects!
  • - Adjusting your circadian rhythm to match the universal Day/Night rhythm. Picture will be at the end of the post.
  • - Light is an inhibitor of melatonin. You must sleep in complete darkness. Supplement with melatonin to initially adjust your circadian rhythm. Short term supplementation. You don't need it. Your body will produce it. And if you take melatonin and then stay on your phone/laptop and don't aim to immediately go to sleep in the pitch black, then you're wasting time/effort/money. The melatonin wont do anything.
  • - Don't eat or drink within 2 hours of sleeping. Don't Consume caffeine in the PM. Including the afternoon. 1PM at the very latest if you really need to consume it. Same applies for all stimulants.
  • - Yohimbine will disrupt sleep. I didn't sleep at all on Monday night even though I took Yohimbine at 6AM!
  • - Eating chicken/turkey and drinking hot milk as your last meal of the day is really helpful. Turkey and hot milk especially have very high amounts of tryptophan. There's a supplement that aids in serotonin production called 5-hydroxytriptophan, melatonin is 5-hydroxytriptamine, serotonin aids in melatonin production. But there's no need to supplement with 5HTP. Eating foods high in tryptophan will greatly improve your chances of getting amazing sleep. tryptophan, 5HTP and serotonin are all important precursors in melatonin production.
  • - Unwind in the evening. Do your more stressful tasks early in the day and aim to relax in the evening.
  • - Universal circadian rhythm: 2AM = deepest sleep. 4:30AM = lowest body temperature. 6:45AM = sharpest blood pressure rise. 7:30AM = melatonin secretion stops. 10AM = highest alertness. 2:30PM = Best coordination. 3:30PM = fastest reaction time. 5PM = greatest cardiovascular efficiency and muscle strength. 6:30PM = highest blood pressure. 7:00PM = highest body temperature. 9PM = melatonin secretion starts.
  • - So, try your best to emulate that. Get out in the sun and expose yourself to blue light / UV to synthesise vitamin D and promote alertness at 10AM. Take a hot shower at 7PM. Try emulate these and mimic this circadian rhythm.
  • - Install blue light filters on your devices that emit red light instead of blue light in the evening/night. Blue light = 80% melatonin suppresion. Red light = 40% melatonin suppression. Fire = <2% melatonin supression. If you want to go hardcore, use candles before sleep lol.
  • - Getting exposure to blue light during the day is as important as avoiding exposure to it during the late evening/night. This helps your master-clock stay in sync. 10AM-2PM are the most important hours to get blue light exposure and to be active.
  • - Likewise 10PM-2AM should be the opposite. 2AM you should be in your deepest sleep. Growth hormone spikes between 10-11:30PM when you are asleep.
  • - Try fall asleep at 10PM. Or before midnight atleast.
  • - Supplement with magnesium 1-2 hours before bed. It helps you calm and unwind.
  • - Don't weight train at night. Tight muscle fascia works against helping you fall asleep.

128498_graph4_growth-hormone-during-sleep-jpg.70217
TL;DR:
  • - Fix your circadian rhythm.
  • - Try sleep from like 11PM - 8AM or 10PM - 7AM.
  • - Avoid blue light before bed. Avoid all light when trying to get to sleep.
  • - Any type of light inhibits melatonin secretion to one degree or another.
  • - Supplement with melatonin to kick start an optimal body clock but don't expose yourself to light after consuming it or else it's pointless.
  • - Be active during the day, it's as important to active and exposing yourself to lots of blue light in the late morning and afternoon, opposite of what you'll want
  • 12hrs later but that activity and blue light exposure will help keep your master-clock in sync.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Zarek, HarrierDuBois, Bensky and 32 others
*Me reading this with a cup of coffee in my hand at nearly midnight*

giphy.gif

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: fjor2096, IWILLMAKEIT, Deleted member 10989 and 17 others

giphy.gif
bro im dying I need to complete some schoolwork and pulling an all nighter rn :feelswah:

• JFL
Reactions: lepo2317, Effortless, Deleted member 3583 and 1 other person

giphy.gif

• - Likewise 10PM-2AM should be the opposite. 2AM you should be in your deepest sleep. Growth hormone spikes between 10-11:30PM when you are asleep.

*me making this thread at 2 AM*

giphy.gif

• JFL
Reactions: oldcelloser, Deleted member 10989, IdiAmin and 6 others
Good read, but rep is still 0.

Haven't gone to sleep before midnight in over 10 years... maybe it's time?:feelsokman:
Have to wake up at 4:30 am for my new job so I guess I have to :feelsyay:🔫

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, gymislife and 1 other person
good thread

• +1
Reactions: gymislife
Good thread

• +1
Not me reading this with a cup of coffee about to go lift at 8pm, good thread tho, will fix sleep schedule someday.

Ngl i took some magnesium and im feeling sleepy

when is the best time for exercise? 4 hours before sleep?

when is the best time for exercise? 4 hours before sleep?
Don't think there is 'best time' but:
10AM = highest alertness. 2:30PM = Best coordination. 3:30PM = fastest reaction time. 5PM = greatest cardiovascular efficiency and muscle strength.
So it'd be best to train around any of those hours

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7785
Jfl I can never fall asleep below 2am it’s over for me

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: oldcelloser and gymislife
me reading this at 5:45am when school starts at 7

• JFL