Taking parkinsons medication to change your personality from introvert to extrovert , legit?

D

Deleted member 20652

Kraken
Taking parkinsons medication to change your personality from introvert to extrovert , legit?

The selegiline and levodopa/cardidopa combination

//Thomas DOM

Have you tried it?

Potential cure to mentalcels?

Have you tried it?

Potential cure to mentalcels?

I haven't tried

It increases dopamine in the brain atleast that's all I know

//Thomas DOM

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
I haven't tried

It increases dopamine in the brain atleast that's all I know

//Thomas DOM
I'm not sure how that'll make you extraverted.

I'm not sure how that'll make you extraverted.

Introversion/extroversion is related to the amount of dopamine in your brain

People who are born extrovert have genetically more dopamine in their brains than people who are born introvert

//Thomas DOM

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: currylightskin and Deleted member 17791
I don't think this is a good idea, you could muck your brain chemistry and it might not even work. If it does however just take it long enough to incorporate the experiences as skills you can turn on and off. Then maintain them at work etc so they don't fade.

Alex MACHO<>

Last edited:
Introversion/extroversion is related to the amount of dopamine in your brain

People who are born extrovert have genetically more dopamine in their brains than people who are born introvert

//Thomas DOM
I'm not sure what I am. I can socialize for a pretty long time but I can also go a while without socializing.

I don't think this is a good idea, you could muck your brain chemistry and not even work. If it does however just take it long enough to incorporate the experiences as skills you can turn on and off. Then maintain them at work etc so they don't fade.

Alex MACHO<>

You can't incorporate it after experiences bro. Doesn't work like that. Introversion/extroversion is strictly about your current dopamine situation in your brain, it's strictly neurochemical. Let's say you could have a time frame in your life where your brain had high amounts of dopamine and during that time frame you would be extroverted but then later in life when you come to a point where your brain has less amounts of dopamine (such as developing a depression etc) you would become introverted

It's all related to the CURRENT dopamine amount in the brain . There's no psychological aspect to introversion/extroversion, it's purely neurochemical , hence why for byspel (for example) narcotics temporarily changes your personality etc.

//Thomas DOM

• Woah
Reactions: Daniel Plainview and Elvisandreaa
You can't incorporate it after experiences bro. Doesn't work like that. Introversion/extroversion is strictly about your current dopamine situation in your brain, it's strictly neurochemical. Let's say you could have a time frame in your life where your brain had high amounts of dopamine and during that time frame you would be extroverted but then later in life when you come to a point where your brain has less amounts of dopamine (such as developing a depression etc) you would become introverted

It's all related to the CURRENT dopamine amount in the brain . There's no psychological aspect to introversion/extroversion, it's purely neurochemical , hence why for byspel (for example) narcotics temporarily changes your personality etc.

//Thomas DOM
Interesting, chemical theory of personality, it could be very well like that. Keep us posted if you do this experiment.

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview and Deleted member 20652
Just be an actor theory, you don't need these drugs, pretend like you're in a movie all the time.

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC, Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 19036 and 1 other person