The connection between Androgens and Collagen

Deleted member 773

Deleted member 773

Looksmaxxing is COPE! (RIP 1-5-19 - 2-17-21)
I've done some research lately and I've been surprised by what I found. It seems that Androgens play a huge role in the amount of collagen in the skin, and this could partially explain why hairloss drugs typically effect the skin in a negative manner.

This study added DHT to rat organs and found that it increased (or "restored") their previously nonexistent collagen while castrated. (They also tried estrogen but it made no difference)

More abstracts on Androgens and collagen:

This is why many people that use Finasteride and Minoxidil report dark circles and dry skin. Our skin is a huge signal for our internal health, and it seems it is also an important signaler for sexual potency, as Androgens play a huge role in sperm count and libido. Finasteride and Minoxidil are both 5-AR inhibitors and this could partially explain why people notice bad skin on them. However, everyone's body responds differently to Androgens and have varying amounts of Androgens in them so it's also possible to take Finasteride/minoxidil or another 5-AR inhibitor and see no noticeable difference to your collagen and even your libido. But unlikely, especially with prolonged usage.

One of the most commonly reported sides for Post Finasteride Syndrome (loss of DHT) is chronically dry skin, thin skin, and dark circles: https://www.pfsfoundation.org/about-pfs-post-finasteride-syndrome/ (I am aware that PFS isn't clinically recognized. Yet.)

Here's what this means for YOU:

If you haven't taken a 5-AR inhibitor or another drug that inhibits Androgens:

Increase your testosterone through any means possible. Testosterone is an androgen that converts itself into other extremely potent androgens such as DHT.

If you HAVE taken a 5-AR inhibiting drug such as Finasteride or Oral Minoxidil:

Talk with a doctor about measuring and treating low DHT. If your DHT is indeed low, they can give you treatment options such as Proviron (oral 50mg), Drostalone or Masterone (injectable steroid, cycle) and Androstanolone (injectable, or a cream that you rub on your forehead and shoulders.) These can also be found online, albeit sparsley, but will cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to be used regularly.

This is also suicidefuel for baldcels. Honestly, collagen > hair any day of the week. You can't fraud collagen. But you can fraud hair with transplants, hair systems, and other things. It is your decision.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Gaia262, balding17yomanletcel and 8 others
> Talk with a doctor about measuring and treating low DHT. If your DHT is indeed low, they can give you treatment options such as Proviron (oral 50mg), Drostalone or Masterone (injectable steroid, cycle)

talking out of your ass again

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2756, BigBoy, Deleted member 2933 and 2 others
I'm not quite ready to call it over for finasteridecels. For one, androgens seem to have no effect on bone collagen synthesis.

The study on the mice skin collagen only really showed the effect of the lack of androgen action during development (due to reduced sensitivity), which makes male mice develop an external female phenotype into adulthood, and female mice have reduced collagen. But how much does DHT post adulthood actually matters?

The author quotes:
DHT administration to cultures of vulvar skin fibroblasts from a normal woman resulted in significant increases in protein and collagen production, but there was no increase in perineal skin fibroblasts from a patient with testicular feminization (Ozasa et al, 1981).

Interestingly, transient transfections of androgen receptor transgenes in cultured genital skin fibroblasts from a patient with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome resulted in a significant increase in DNA synthesis, but no significant increase in collagen I synthesis after DHT or metrenolone treatment; these data suggest that the effect of the androgen receptor on skin is mediated through cell proliferation (Liegibel et al, 2003)

• +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper and Wannabe6ft2
so more dht = better skin?

so more dht = better skin?
I think its the other way around.
Fat distribution changes with finasteride for some people tho due to increase in estrogen
Which might explain dark circles under eyes

• +1
Reactions: 2peasinapod
Bigger dick better skin more growth lol... But hair is jeopardised for some of us right

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Like with anything hormone-related, the correct balance has to be struck to get required effects, too much or too little DHT/Estrogen/... will go counter to our looksmaxing goals
Also, I'm still undecided about the effects of Minoxidil on skin collagen from what I read in this forum, ofc I want to have my cake and eat it too with no hair loss and great collagen

> Talk with a doctor about measuring and treating low DHT. If your DHT is indeed low, they can give you treatment options such as Proviron (oral 50mg), Drostalone or Masterone (injectable steroid, cycle)

talking out of your ass again
They’ll give you androstanolone.

Don’t know what the fuck I was thinking when I typed that, don’t expect your doctor to give you steroids.

JFL from taking advice from a 16 yr old subhuman who threatened to post a pic of @x3001 who was taking time out of his day to answer your questions through pm. Go rope subhuman faggot

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: balding17yomanletcel, 2peasinapod, Chadelite and 2 others
JFL from taking advice from a 16 yr old subhuman who threatened to post a pic of @x3001 who was taking time out of his day to answer your questions through pm. Go rope subhuman faggot
I am more knowledgeable than most users on here. Ask any doctor about @x30001's "anti-aging" routine and they'll call you a stupid idiot. I've yet to see ANYONE report actually looking younger on that routine. I tried it myself for about 3 months and got 0 results. And @x30001 already told me he was leaving the forum soon.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
Btw high dht rapes collagen.

Not good thread

8A61AC70 E129 410D 8750 FA0F5200BD4B

I am more knowledgeable than most users on here. Ask any doctor about @x30001's "anti-aging" routine and they'll call you a stupid idiot. I've yet to see ANYONE report actually looking younger on that routine. I tried it myself for about 3 months and got 0 results. And @x30001 already told me he was leaving the forum soon.
You're hardly the best guinea pig with skin fried by minoxidil and a dodgy hormonal profile.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Any evidence of this? Any studies? Don't say "heavy roids users" by the way.
I checked it out and you're right. Dht helps with collagen lol.

Fyi, AAS induced increases in collagen transcription mediated by TGF Beta, and by extension increased collagen content in organs like the heart, is a big part of what makes steroids so bad for you. Healthy tissue gets deposited with and replaced by fibrous connective tissue.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and 6'4 looksmaxxxer
lol its not that easy.

Also u can boost collagen production

lol its not that easy.

Also u can boost collagen production
As a person with currently cucked DHT levels, not only does it feel like shit and I get angry easily, but my skin is also chronically dry and has no collagen. Even retin-a, collagen supplements, ect don't do anything but make my skin even dryer.

As a person with currently cucked DHT levels, not only does it feel like shit and I get angry easily, but my skin is also chronically dry and has no collagen. Even retin-a, collagen supplements, ect don't do anything but make my skin even dryer.
my skin is so fucking oily and i have no collagen too, it's over for us

my skin is so fucking oily and i have no collagen too, it's over for us
If your skin is oily that's probably a good thing. I'm willing to bet your collagen isn't as low as you think it is, you just need a better diet and a good skin routine.

If you truly had no collagen your skin will be chronically dry. My skin hasn't had any moisture on it in almost 12 months.

• So Sad
Reactions: RAITEIII
If your skin is oily that's probably a good thing. I'm willing to bet your collagen isn't as low as you think it is, you just need a better diet and a good skin routine.

If you truly had no collagen your skin will be chronically dry. My skin hasn't had any moisture on it in almost 12 months.
for real bro? wtf. my skin is so fucking oily to the point that it's Always shining and it makes me look like i'm sweating all the time, but it doesn't look good, because i have shit skin texture, some acne scars, and my skin looks pale and red af at the same time (my whole body is tanned, just my face looks pale)

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and 6'4 looksmaxxxer
for real bro? wtf. my skin is so fucking oily to the point that it's Always shining and it makes me look like i'm sweating all the time, but it doesn't look good, because i have shit skin texture, some acne scars, and my skin looks pale and red af at the same time (my whole body is tanned, just my face looks pale)
Get on a good skincare routine if you aren't already. Glycolic acid, retin-a, sunscreen ect

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and her
Legit thread, free bump from me OP.

• +1
can u still get 100% hard. and r u sure ur low collagen is because of low dht?

can u still get 100% hard. and r u sure ur low collagen is because of low dht?
I haven't been 100% hard in almost 12 months buddy. I remember I used to be insanely horny and would try to fuck the shower wall and shit and now if I try to masturbate it barely feels like anything and my dick is half chub. It's all linked to hormones. Lab tests have confirmed that I have low DHT, and high T and E. I need to convince my doctor to prescribe me androstanolone or something to get my DHT up.

I haven't been 100% hard in almost 12 months buddy. I remember I used to be insanely horny and would try to fuck the shower wall and shit and now if I try to masturbate it barely feels like anything and my dick is half chub. It's all linked to hormones. Lab tests have confirmed that I have low DHT, and high T and E. I need to convince my doctor to prescribe me androstanolone or something to get my DHT up.
Hey, @LordNorwood, @Goblin come here and look at how autistic this cunt is, he's claiming that his DHT is chronically low whilst his testosterone is simultaneously high, not only this but he claims that he hasn't been hard in 12 months.

he's acting as if testosterone isn't a fucking androgen, it's just as potent as DHT when it comes to erection quality, frequency, and libido.

you both still have sex drives right?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 685, Chadelite and 1 other person
Hey, @LordNorwood, @Goblin come here and look at how autistic this cunt is, he's claiming that his DHT is chronically low whilst his testosterone is simultaneously high, not only this but he claims that he hasn't been hard in 12 months.

he's acting as if testosterone isn't a fucking androgen, it's just as potent as DHT when it comes to erection quality, frequency, and libido.

My dick works no different than before taking fin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2756
My dick works no different than before taking fin
exactly, what a moron.

according to him testosterone isn't an androgen.

• +1

Shut the fuck up.

Dht is between 5-10x more potent than testosterone. I haven’t had a full erection in a long time. Suck my motherfucking soft ass dick faggot bitch.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
  • JFL
Reactions: Vidyacoper, DidntRead and thickdickdaddy27
Shut the fuck up.

Dht is between 5-10x more potent than testosterone. I haven’t had a full erection in a long time. Suck my motherfucking soft ass dick faggot bitch.
wait so dht being more potent renders testosterone useless according to you? just fucking lol, didn't think you could get any more retarded.

you shouldn't have a soft dick with testosterone levels exceeding 500ng/dl and you claim 800ng/dl.

again, testosterone is an androgen, a fucking androgen, it does everything DHT does, just not as androgenic

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 1464
wait so dht being more potent renders testosterone useless according to you? just fucking lol, didn't think you could get any more retarded.

you shouldn't have a soft dick with testosterone levels exceeding 500ng/dl and you claim 800ng/dl.

again, testosterone is an androgen, a fucking androgen, it does everything DHT does, just not as androgenic
Shut the fuck up. Testosterone gets converted to estrogen and DHT is the main anti-estradiol hormone. So guess what happens when you get on fin? Your T goes up, your estrogen goes up, and your DHT goes down. HIGH ESTROGEN = NO LIBIDO, MUSCLE MASS, ETC.

Its fucking HILARIOUS to see morherfuckers like you defend your precious pharmaceutical drugs. Have fun becoming a tranny. Bitch.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2756
Shut the fuck up. Testosterone gets converted to estrogen and DHT is the main anti-estradiol hormone. So guess what happens when you get on fin? Your T goes up, your estrogen goes up, and your DHT goes down. HIGH ESTROGEN = NO LIBIDO, MUSCLE MASS, ETC.

Its fucking HILARIOUS to see morherfuckers like you defend your precious pharmaceutical drugs. Have fun becoming a tranny. Bitch.
wait are you assuming I take finasteride? What am I even supposed to make of this autistic reply?

holy fuck you're actually the single most retarded person I've ever conversed with, dead serious.

@Lifeisgood72 You literally are the tranny here

• JFL
Reactions: Vidyacoper
What about Accutane ? Is it is as bad as Finasteride or Minoxidil ?

I've been taking it for 2 weeks :ogre:
Cage, maybe you won’t get sides but do you really want to risk it? Unless you have bulging cysts all over your face just use Tretinoin, way cheaper and usually more effective then Accutane.

Cage, maybe you won’t get sides but do you really want to risk it? Unless you have bulging cysts all over your face just use Tretinoin, way cheaper and usually more effective then Accutane.
My facial acne isn't very bad but it's the body acne that bothers me that's why I started taking it

When you realise this thread was made by a teenager with worse skin than my 100 year old grandfather 🤣🤣🤣

Good skin? Go in the sun, get laid and laugh

When you realise this thread was made by a teenager with worse skin than my 100 year old grandfather 🤣🤣🤣

Good skin? Go in the sun, get laid and laugh
Aaaaand blocked.

• JFL
Reactions: turkproducer and Deleted member 4545
androgens are involved in collagen synthesis, men have thicker skin than women

water is wet

androgens are involved in collagen synthesis, men have thicker skin than women

water is wet
Lots of people still think Accutane and Finasteride are good for your collagen

Lots of people still think Accutane and Finasteride are good for your collagen
I'll tell you another thing: Most people are vitamin C deficient, especially smokers and those on a "normal" diet. Getting enough vitamin C can do wonders for your skin, blood vessels and connective tissue

I'll tell you another thing: Most people are vitamin C deficient, especially smokers and those on a "normal" diet. Getting enough vitamin C can do wonders for your skin, blood vessels and connective tissue
I take 500mg a day and it doesn’t do shit. And no, most people are not deficient in vitamin c because you only need 65mg a day.

• JFL
Reactions: Bewusst