The word "Larp" came from underground online criminal networks

T

threadeffort

Iron
Joined
Sep 18, 2026
Posts
212
Reputation
295
I remember lots of people in that space saying "larp" before the word blew up. Interesting how it went so mainstream, wonder how it even did tbh.
 
  • +1
Reactions: shedontluv-U, YoloHatesFoids666, TGUN. and 1 other person
no you dumbass its an abbreviation of live action roleplay there is nothing else to it
 
  • +1
Reactions: tenmacel, YoloHatesFoids666, TGUN. and 2 others
no you dumbass its an abbreviation of live action roleplay there is nothing else to it
No, before it was mainstream it was used in these communities often, obviously it came from older roots, but it was popularized in these communities. Half the people you see on social media flexing their wealth are from these online communities, hence where the word "larp" came from
 
  • +1
Reactions: shedontluv-U and Pubertymaxxer3
No, before it was mainstream it was used in these communities often, obviously it came from older roots, but it was popularized in these communities. Half the people you see on social media flexing their wealth are from these online communities, hence where the word "larp" came from
Do you understand what an abbreviation is?

L=live
A=action
R= role
P= play

That's all its ever meant

There is no backround like that idk where tf you got your information from
 
  • +1
Reactions: tenmacel, TGUN., Pubertymaxxer3 and 1 other person
Do you understand what an abbreviation is?

L=live
A=action
R= role
P= play

That's all its ever meant

There is no backround like that idk where tf you got your information from
yes, I understand the meaning, but I want to reiterate, the word was popularized by big crypto thieves calling each other "larp" when flexing their hits. They posted on social media showing their fake stuff, and other people in these communities would say "larp"
 
  • +1
Reactions: Pubertymaxxer3 and TGUN.
yes, I understand the meaning, but I want to reiterate, the word was popularized by big crypto thieves calling each other "larp" when flexing their hits. They posted on social media showing their fake stuff, and other people in these communities would say "larp"
Ah you mean popularized not created

Then yea you might be onto something
 
  • +1
Reactions: Pubertymaxxer3, TGUN. and threadeffort
isnt it from that simswapping fbi honeypot ass forum
 
  • +1
Reactions: Pubertymaxxer3 and TGUN.
Interesting
 
  • +1
Reactions: threadeffort, Jgns and Pubertymaxxer3
p
yeah forgot to mention hcf also roblox communities
pretty fucking insane how the word skill issue came from rogue lineage tho isnt it. I used to be a mm in the elym discord jfl holy fuck that game was so peak
 
  • +1
Reactions: threadeffort and Pubertymaxxer3
p

pretty fucking insane how the word skill issue came from rogue lineage tho isnt it. I used to be a mm in the elym discord jfl holy fuck that game was so peak
Damn i didn't even know that
 
  • +1
Reactions: Pubertymaxxer3 and Jgns
yeah it was in the com world. i remember someone using it around summer 23.
 
  • +1
Reactions: Pubertymaxxer3 and threadeffort
I remember lots of people in that space saying "larp" before the word blew up. Interesting how it went so mainstream, wonder how it even did tbh.
I learned LARP from rw groups in 2019 while some of my friends started getting alternative exposure to it in 2022 from trannies bro this isn't some crazy criminal evil word, it's existed and has been used forever. Really hate that normies appropriated it, I remember when I was younger (like in 22/23) and could freely use the word chud, LARP, etc around normies without anyone knowing what it meant.
 
  • +1
Reactions: Pubertymaxxer3 and threadeffort
I learned LARP from rw groups in 2019 while some of my friends started getting alternative exposure to it in 2022 from trannies bro this isn't some crazy criminal evil word, it's existed and has been used forever. Really hate that normies appropriated it, I remember when I was younger (like in 22/23) and could freely use the word chud, LARP, etc around normies without anyone knowing what it meant.
yeah good point, i meant more that the word was populated by com communities, rather than created
 
  • +1
Reactions: tenmacel and Pubertymaxxer3
yeah good point, i meant more that the word was populated by com communities, rather than created
It was popularized by NORMIES who are like a never-ending horde of locusts; taking away everything I know and love from me
 
  • +1
Reactions: threadeffort
It was popularized by NORMIES who are like a never-ending horde of locusts; taking away everything I know and love from me
yes, it is quite sad sometimes
 
  • +1
Reactions: tenmacel
No, before it was mainstream it was used in these communities often, obviously it came from older roots, but it was popularized in these communities. Half the people you see on social media flexing their wealth are from these online communities, hence where the word "larp" came from
thanks you for the info didn't know

I will die smarter
 
  • Love it
Reactions: threadeffort

Similar threads

MinionS
Replies
1
Views
18
voks
voks
muhammad18347
Replies
22
Views
134
GermanSubmarine
GermanSubmarine
TrueAfghan
Replies
5
Views
48
TrueAfghan
TrueAfghan
TGUN.
Replies
4
Views
60
keubool
keubool
thomasjiooo
Replies
2
Views
43
thomasjiooo
thomasjiooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top