UPDATE: How to measure forward growth v2

T

TheEndHasNoEnd

No avi halo
In the last forum post (link here: https://looksmax.org/threads/new-po...d-growth-facial-depth-to-height-ratio.137834/) I talked about how a good way to measure forward growth would be to make a ratio of the width and height of the side view of the face. As it turns out, my width variable can give an advantage to those with less recessed nasions, instead of fully gauging the forward growth. Here is my new proposal:

Image0 13 20200508202700621

Height: Nasion until most protruding part of chin
Depth: Tragus until top of philtrum

By making the depth ending at the philtrum rather than nasion, we can fully measure the forward growth.

Ideal is 1.12 fDHR (Facial depth to height ratio)

Measurements of models/celebrities:

Margot Robbie Unexpected Side Part

Margot Robbie: 1.17 fDHR

Ed624cc5b96aa808521a1fb11a96a1b8  01  01

Jordan Barrett: 1.14 fDHR

5d70354b7e1e6image

Brad Pitt: 1.158 fDHR

Unnamed 12

Sean O'Pry: 1.03 fDHR

3b2453c61fbdff9b0c53e9793e5963a0

Henry Cavill: 1.118 fDHR

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Bromose, Deleted member 5467, Deleted member 4087 and 3 others
Nasian? This some YongYea shit or...??????

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Ryanmcgg0139 and TheEndHasNoEnd
It is impossible to quantify something like forward growth since the slightest angle change can make a massive difference, there are already a million different ways to arbitrarily judge forward growth using ratios but you need to look at soft tissue profile for an actually accurate way to judge like eye vector and cheekline

• +1
Reactions: majorcope, rax1337, Incoming and 3 others
The Mew indicator line is the best way other than a CT scan to determine the Maxillas position

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel and Htobrother
It is impossible to quantify something like forward growth since the slightest angle change can make a massive difference, there are already a million different ways to arbitrarily judge forward growth using ratios but you need to look at soft tissue profile for an actually accurate way to judge like eye vector and cheekline
The Mew indicator line is the best way other than a CT scan to determine the Maxillas position
this is good enough guys lmao, just put it on frankfurt plane

• +1
Reactions: Bromose
Damn, good thread.

Mines 10.25 cm x (1/9.75) cm which gives me 1.05.

Is that good enough OP? Is it acceptable?

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Bromose and john2
give it a reaction hehe 🤭

tbh im not sure about the ranges but it seems fine, o'pry got 1.03 and hes the highest paid male model in the world
That means my 1.05 is definitely acceptable since O'Pry doesn't look like a truecel with a 1.03 FDHR.

Can somebody please tell me how the fuck I am supposed to put shit on the frankfurt plane when I do not know the precise location of my orbital bones without an xray?

The alignment system I use currently is bottom of earlobe to midpoint of philtrum, but that seems to be slightly different and more dependant on soft tissue.

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Can somebody please tell me how the fuck I am supposed to put shit on the frankfurt plane when I do not know the precise location of my orbital bones without an xray?

The alignment system I use currently is bottom of earlobe to midpoint of philtrum, but that seems to be slightly different and more dependant on soft tissue.
top of tragus meeting the bottom of ur eyebag

• +1
Reactions: Bromose

Definitely a cope measurement but still lifefuel

Different pics get different values, I got 1.17 on a different image

How is it that Barrett's maxilla still looks like it gigamogs Margot? Is it his chin giving the illusion or his orbitals?

put it on proper posture, if it is then its not ideal but its decenr

both

I rotated the image until I got the smallest value I could, probably coincides with the frankfurt plane

I appreciate high effort contributions to facial aesthetics analysis dude, interesting ratio concept.

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
Higher value = higher forward growth?

In the last forum post (link here: https://looksmax.org/threads/new-po...d-growth-facial-depth-to-height-ratio.137834/) I talked about how a good way to measure forward growth would be to make a ratio of the width and height of the side view of the face. As it turns out, my width variable can give an advantage to those with less recessed nasions, instead of fully gauging the forward growth. Here is my new proposal:

View attachment 397377

By making the depth ending at the philtrum rather than nasion, we can fully measure the forward growth.

View attachment 397385

View attachment 397388

View attachment 397399

View attachment 397407

View attachment 397409
What's mine g

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200509_023918_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200509_023918_com.android.chrome.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Love it
Reactions: her

View attachment 397377

View attachment 397385

View attachment 397388

View attachment 397399

View attachment 397407

View attachment 397409
1.1-1.16 with normal posture.